Changing Hand (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oelia Mist

Name: Oelia Mist
Race: Avian
Physical Appearance: 4'10", long brown hair reaching to her back, deep blue eyes and a young face. The most noticeable feature is the large pair of silver and white wings jutting from her back.
Winged_girl_by_nejinoki.jpg

shamelessly stolen from http://nejinoki.deviantart.com/art/Winged-girl-115497649
Personality:
Shy, reserved, and nervous around strangers, Oelia still accepted her role of exploring the world, she often tries to hide what she's feeling from those who ask but is terrible at it. Oelia is self concious of how the outside world views her wings with strangeness and mystery, and tries to hide them under a cloak whenever possible.
Occupation: Explorer tasked with recording the state of the world and bringing it back to her homeland
Preferred Tool/Weapon: A longbow almost as tall as she is, the imbued power of the stones is the only thing that allows her to draw back the massive bow, firing arrows that could pierce through several inches of thick iron.
Origin: Oelia is from a long lost race, the Avians. The Avians were once plentiful before the Blind Time, and are where the current myths and stories of angels are derived. Yet they were viewed as strange and vile creatures, having not only the wings of a bird, but the face and talons of them too. While they were almost driven to extinction then, a few survived, and living among a few humans trapped along with them in a faraway continent, evolved those 600 years into winged humans, even more closely resembling angels.

After this time, the hidden Avians asked Oelia to explore the rest of the world, in order to discover what had happened to it all this time, and to perhaps finally bring their culture to those who had forgotten it. Yet bias is not easily forgotten, so for protection, they gave Oelia a warbow from ages past, preserved and treasured, and only the help of the stones allows her to even fire it. Yet with them, she can fire an arrow almost a mile away with pinpoint accuracy, driving through the toughest of armor. Still, she wishes to travel without ever needing it, to reconnect with people with only the intention of peace.
History: Nobody is sure where the Avians live, or even hail from, some say from the untamed wilds of Kinjun, others say from the mountain peaks of Zarbrew, and Oelia isn't going to be the one to tell. Appearing in a coastal city one day, from a boat sailing the White Ocean, the robed Oelia saw her first glance of the world that had forgotten her people. While the robe covered her wings, the large bulge on her back and equally large warbow drew suspicion, and it wasn't long before armed guards set out to question and arrest her. Scared at their weapons, she quickly unfurled her wings from the robe and flew off, and the guards (now in a cell for lunatics) still whisper tales about the living angel they saw before them.
Additional Details:

What do you expect coming in: Fun and excitement, but just a pleasant roleplay experience
Anything you'd like to say about yourself:
I'm nice, pleasant, and most of all, can post multiple times a day with extensive length to my posts, so yippee there!
Have you read and agree to the rules: (they are in the OOC) Does a bodybuilder pump iron? I think so
Username: Infinity, but please call me Fi!
[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Thundor

[glow=purple]
Allia Morrigan
[/glow]​
[glow=purple]

Name: [glow=blue]Allia Morrigan[/glow]

Race: Human
Physical Appearance:

[glow=red]
123.jpg
[/glow]​

Personality: Allia is a quirky kinda person whom takes interest in tiny detail rather than the 'big picture'. She can sometimes come off as overbearing and prying when something catches her eye. However despite her curious nature, she doesn't really like people despite constantly socializing with them, and commonly keeps any true feelings that she may have a secret.

Preferred Tool/Weapon: A 211-V Plasma Cutter powered with stones to replicate the energy output created by the Plasma Cells that are no longer in production. The Plasma Cutter is able to cut through various minerals and rock with relative ease and is able to be focused into a fire function to project lethal plasma energy at a would be assailant.

Origin: Centora

History: Allia has no history, none of which that is very important that is to say. She recieved a Plasma Cutter as a on the job tool, and lives onsite whenever she's not working.

Additional Details:

• Efficient miner and have various knowledge of Ores and Stones.
  • Horrible cook.
  • Acrobatic, able to dodge certain attacks and maneuver through treacherous terrain.
  • Constant work in the mines has hardened Allia's skin, making her more resistant to damage.

What do you expect coming in: Fun, some roleplay, and downright shenanigans.

Anything you'd like to say about yourself: I'm not a hardcore RPer. But I'm a hardcore Lore person.

Have you read and agree to the rules: Werd up mang. I gots me some Iron to get cutting.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Username-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
[glow=purple]Osys Ceproses[/glow]
[/glow]

(posting two characters at once since this is gonna be a "duel post" sort of thing going on, I could change that though if there's something wrong with that o-o)

Name: Ansley Vang
Physical Appearance:

playing-the-harp.jpg
Personality: Gentle, passive, shy and loyal she's the more delicate one in her family. Ansley enjoys playing her harp for others and on her own, often times getting lost in her own music, forgetting her surroundings.
Occupation: Traveling bard/wood carver (I would say wood worker, but that just sounds... Wrong)
Preferred Tool/Weapon: Her portable harp which is able to produce very beautiful music if imbued with a gem (requires experience however).
Origin: Born 2 years after her sister, Scarlett into an mostly average family in Centoria.
History: Ansley was born into an average family with an abnormal variety of interests each member had, Ansley's happened to be music, especially making her own with her harp. Her mother had encouraged her to pursue whatever she wanted, which she wasn't so sure of back when she was younger, that was until she reached the age of 8, when she was visiting the market with her mother. They had passed a bard who was playing an enchanting melody with his harp, and Ansley found herself stopping, entranced by the music. That was when she discovered her love for music in general, the harp especially, and soon enough on her 10th birthday, her mother had given her one as a present, this marked the day she had taught herself and officially began playing the harp. She still treasures the harp to this day as she travels throughout Centoria playing enchanting melodies of her own, especially known for the haunting yet beautiful melodies she plays when she uses her gem with the harp.
Additional Details: She's rather close with her older sister despite their differences, they shared alot of views and opinions and often had each others backs in bad situations.

Name: Scarlett Vang
Physical Appearance:
big_thumb_6121b844cd7e1ef33b4adc49fdcd6a89.jpg
Personality: Kind, and mostly passive like her sister, however she likes to pass her time alone in the forests of Kinjun often times hunting. She also gets rather defensive/hostile towards others if they start threatening her younger sister too much.
Preferred Tool/Weapon: A spear which is fairly light yet durable, it's effectiveness in battle is multiplied ten-fold when imbued with her gem.
Origin: Same as her sister
History: Scarlett was raised up by her mother similarly to her Ansley (their father was often absent because he worked as a digger) however she herself had always been fascinated my large forests growing up. Though no jobs were offered where they lived that allowed her to spend time there, so eventually when she reached the age of 14, she began to travel away from home more often often to the forests of Kinjun, memorizing alot good places to hang out on her own there. Her interest in hunting became known when she was 16, someone had required a pelt from a beast from Kinjun and when Scarlett inquired further, the man offered to give her a good weapon and some stones if she were to help him. Which she agreed to without a second thought, and hunted down the beast with some effort, she enjoyed the thrill of chasing it throughout the forests, and eventually killing it, however not without a fight. This lead to her seeking out other offers such as this one, still holding onto the spear that man had gave her, which is now imbued with a stone of her own.
Additional Details: Scarlett is deeply attached to her younger sister knowing full well she isn't always as strong as she needed to be in certain situations. She provides support for her younger sister and takes time every now and then when she could off of her stay in the forest of Kinjun to visit her younger sister in Centoria, mostly because she wanted to check up on her every so often, and the fact that she secretly enjoys listening to the music her younger sister plays...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​
What do you expect coming in: Well, not sure, however I'm looking forward to discovering what crazy (and fun) things will unfold in this RP o-o
Anything you'd like to say about yourself: What can I say? I'm an awkward guy that's currently in China (responses may be a little delayed at times due to bad internet)
Have you read and agree to the rules: Yup, I'll follow them with an
Iron will!
Username: york

Last edited:
Wow, I wish my alert had brought me sooner, I like each of them. Play however style makes you feel most comfortable. I approve of each, welcome aboard everyone.

Yay! :3 *begins formulating IC post*

Name: Akane

Race: Neko

Physical Appearance: 4'11'' tall.
a032bfe5381cb2e4ad4434bf9f1754c0.jpg

Personality: On the job, Akane is silent and cold. She prefers to work from the shadows, waiting for an opportunity to make a kill, then retreat to the shadows. Off the job, Akane acts childish and friendly. She seems to find comfort in this facade.

Preferred Tool/Weapon: A dagger with a secret area for a magic stone. It has two abilities. Shadow strike allows her to avoid triggering any of opponent's senses for 5 seconds; it has a large cooldown, but it can be restored sooner with more magic. Shadow aura allows her to block out any light within up to a 50-foot radius (greater areas consume more magic).

Origin: Unknown

History: Akane, for as long as she has known, has worked as a hired blade. She is never really sure which side she is working for, but will not accept a mission which is clearly malicious. She is known in some areas for having a fondness for children due to her search and rescue efforts, as well as a couple of thwarted kidnappings. In addition, she has assassinated a number of figures, though exactly which ones remain a mystery. She spends most of her time finding travel companions and aiding them under the pretense of a regular skilless neko girl.

Additional Details: Akane has a weakness for cute girls and young kids.

What do you expect coming in: Fighting! Action! And cookies!!!
Anything you'd like to say about yourself: Beware my socialness and tendency for shenanigans.
Have you read and agree to the rules: Iron
Username: ☆Luna☆

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay, even more people :D The more the merrier ^_^

Interesting concept for a Neko. Welcome aboard ;P

I just wanna huggle and snuggle the wittle murderer :3

Reactions: ☆Luna☆
Name: Kiala Rikoln
Race:Human (Kinda.. but not quite. Hope you don't mind an experiment.)
Physical Appearance: Pale and tall for her age with shoulder-length black hair that sometimes looks brushed and sometimes is a mess. She is thin and unusually fragile-looking, though she is also fast. She has brownish-reddish eyes with a tint of yellow that stands out more when she's emotional. Usually found in a grey short-sleeved shirt and shorts, surprising for the climate she grew up in. Seems to have a high pain tolerance. Mentally unstable, easy to break.
Personality:Seems careless about others, overprotective, hard to gain her trust. When it comes to violence, her eyes are almost engulfed in yellow and she seems to enjoy it immensely. Hates crowds and is easily angered and manipulated. Hates hospitals, anything to do with medicine, and the color white. She might flip out if anyone attempts to help her when wounded.
Preferred Tool/Weapon: Blades of all sorts, though she mostly carries around a double-edged staff.
Origin: An unknown village in Zarbrew.
History: Kiala grew up as an unknown hunter in the icy lands of Zarbrew, until something strange happened. She was allowed to hunt alone for the first time ever, and everything started sliding downhill. First there was a bright flash, then things went dark. She doesn't remember anything afterwards besides pain, and she mysteriously appeared on Centora without a single trace of her coming.
Additional Details: Trying to rediscover what happened after the bright flash in Zarbrew. Something happened afterwards that she didn't want to relive, but she needs to know what they did.

What do you expect coming in: I have no idea. No judgment? Meh. Oh, and I don't have a picture because 1. I'm lazy, 2. I wouldn't be able to find one that fits. I suck at excuses.
Anything you'd like to say about yourself: New to forum roleplay. Iron is pretty.
Have you read and agree to the rules: Like I said, iron is pretty. Yeah.
Username:ShatteringTheChain

Interesting, another experiment. Welcome aboard ;P

Yes! Accepted! -Happy dance- Am I taking it too far? Meh. Post time!

Sign-Up: Here
IC: Here

Changing Hand's Story

This is the Blind Time, a state the world is currently in after an unknown conflict and has been like this for six hundred years. During said conflict, many forms of literature, music, skills and many more were destroyed, lost in the chaos. In the place of civilization, wildlife has grown and expanded, covering over most of the world. Among the things the people have forgotten is the world's own name, and now refer to it as Her. Among the four continent's and three seas, Centora is said to be the most inhabited, with it's people referring themselves as wanderer's. Within Centora, the people have spread out and build towns that are close to caves, where a mysterious stone can be harvested. But to get to the cave, they must call in the Digger's of the Digger's Corporation.

These Digger's are special among the people, because they were the first to wield the power of the stone. Digger's are called in to use the power of their stones to obtain more stones from the caves. These stones work by bonding to a user and then the user equipping them to an item, only when both of these things are done can the power of the stones be unleashed. But the dangers of these stones did not come until merchants began to steal the stones and sell them to the public. Because of this wide spread out of stones, people have begun to see other use for the stones and chaos spread out. Because of this, two main views among the citizens rose up form this, either the stones were too dangerous for the general public to keep, or that everyone had a right to use the stones.

That has lead to the current situation of Centora, a stone conflict between it's own people. Perhaps you are among one of the two conflicting views on the stones, perhaps you are a merchant, perhaps you are a Digger, or something else entirely. Either way, you are about to enter into a whole new world, the world of Changing Hand

Six hundred years ago, the Blind Time started and the survivors became leaders for new generations. This is known as The Founders Journey, where the survivors lead the new generations around the world to places where they could live. Although these figures remain in mystery, there were six of them in total, and they each are now looked upon as heroes to the people of the world today. They became the Six Founders, and to this day, people are looking for the missing journals these six left behind for us.

Skip two hundred years later, four hundred from the present time. After The Founder's Journey ended, civilization was coming back, especially in Centora, where an incredible discovery was going on. Blue stones of magic had been found and people were discovering that one could bond to a person, but getting more was a problem. This is when the Digger's Glory began, where the Digger's were the heroes of Centora by digging out the caves and extracting them, bringing them back to the people in piles.

During the Digger's Glory, the other two known continents were dealing with problems of their own. With Kinjun, it was the various monsters, with Tarbis, it was the continent itself that was destructive. To solve these problems, Centora sent out explorers, adventurers and such-wise out to Kinjun, and offered homes to the people of Tarbis. To this day, both of these continue to happen, now with more of Tarbis' people going out to Kinjun as explorers, adventurers and such-wise.

Cut to eighty years ago, where a problem reaches critical attention. The people of Centora have too many stones and they don't know what to do with them, this is where the Merchants enter the scene. The Merchants introduce the idea of stones that aren't bonded being used as currency and through this, the Head Merchant is allowed to make a corporation. This is known as the Merchant Rising, to this day, Digger's and Merchant's are rivals.

We are currently in what is known as the Stone Conflict. Merchants and Digger's continue to battle over the stones, as the citizens are split on ideals and who to side with. With new things being discovered about the stones, this conflict only grows over time, even people outside of Centora can feel the tension this conflict is causing. How this will end will soon be found out.

Rules: 1. Please follow and respect the rules of Iwaku.
2. Let's just avoid godmodding and mary-sue's.
3. On an OOC level, please try to be kind and respectful.
4. Grammar and spelling are appreciated, don't be afraid to ask for help.
5. People can start with two characters, if they wish. After that, there will be five day waiting time before allowed to make another one.
6. If you took the time to read these, put 'iron' somewhere in your profile.
7. As of right now, people can only bond with one stone. More about this will be posted below.
8. As far as races go, they will mostly come down to humanoids. But if you have an idea for a race, please talk to me about it so we can work something out.
9. In order to avoid conflict and problems, if something comes up that will take your time like a few days for example, then please try to alert other players involved with your character.
10. If you have any questions or concerns, contact me and I will respond as soon as I can.
11. This RP uses a turn based system. You may only post once each turn, and the turn does not reset until everyone has posted or four days have elapsed. If you want to know who has posted, check the character list. Characters with a X have not posted this round, while characters with an O have.

The world of Changing Hand is big and full of places that are inhabited, explored, unexplored, deserted, the list goes on and there's a lot to this place. Let's go over the basics of the four continents and three seas.
Global Map by york:
lVSqfm4.png

Centora Map by york:
5PjgOIf.png

Continents:
The continent of Kinjun is located to the left of Centora, and both are separated by a sea. This continent is the biggest and also has the most wildlife in it, with little to no civilizations found within it. Filled with a wide variety of animals, monsters and some bizarre mysteries surrounding it, many explorers, hunters and warriors are drawn to this place.
Centora is believed by it's citizens to be the center of the world, influencing it's name. Being the most inhabited of the four, it has the most people in it and it is also where all the stones can currently be found. Although it's towns are spread out across it, the people seem to not mind the travelling.
Located below Centora and the closest continent to it, Tarbis is known for having constant chaos and destruction occurring on it. Whether it be from volcano's, earthquake's, being shaped by rumored giant creatures or even to having explosions happen from seemingly nothing, most people who still live here sometimes either take long vacation's away from home or move to another continent.
Zarbrew is the furthest away from the rest of the continent's and is rumored to be located at the top of the world. Being the coldest continent, it has the least life on it, from people or animals, and is said to be full of only dangerous monsters capable of unknown power. Although surrounded with mystery, people are unsure it even exists, but some still claim they were born there.
Seas:
The Blue Sea is located mostly between Kinjun and Centora and was named due to how it looks during the daytime. This sea often has many adventurer's and battles happening on it, it is by far the most active and explored sea out of the three.
The White Ocean is located mainly around Zarbrew and was named due to all the ice found in it. This ocean is the coldest out of the three seas and is said to be the most dangerous to travel through, many people have lost their lives to these waters and only animals are said to be the only witnesses.
The Dark Sea is located mainly around Centora and Tarbis. Named for how mysterious and unclear it is to see through it, this is said to be the biggest out of the three and has many creatures in it. It is said that people have only explored so much of it and that there is an estimated 80% left to explore of it still.

Moving onto Centora itself, it has a variety of places in it, with mostly wildlife growing in it. But there is said to be a desert to the east and mountains to the north, with a mix of forests and plains covering the rest. There are six well known towns currently in Centora, each of them being close to a cave full of stones. These towns and their locations are as follows: Vertice, located in the center in some plains. Merricrest, located in a forest to the west. Fairwolf, located near the desert to the east. Aldness, located near the mountains to the north. Belbridge, located near the south with some rivers. Lastly, Morwynne, located near the Blue Sea.

While how the stones themselves are made is currently a mystery, the people have learned a lot about them. Across Centora, there are hundreds of places where stones can be found, and most of them are turned into caves and have towns built near them. This is because Diggers are called in when a nice place full of stones is found and they dig open an entrance to it. What is known about the stones is that currently, all of them are blue, but there are speculation that there could be more. How these stones are used is when one bonds to a person and they equip it to an item, the stone's power is released, making the user able to do things they never could before. Primary example include being able to work faster and get work done in a shorter amount of time.

There are so many stones and not enough people to bond with, so what does everyone do with the rest of the stones they have? Believe it or not, this has become a form of currency now. Normally stones that can fit in one's hand are preferred, but these stone come in many sizes. The bigger the stone, the more it's worth. So say for example, a stone the size of a small rock. It'd be worth the equivalent of $5. A stone the size of a box would be worth $45. The list goes on, but usually these stones are moved around instead of being picked up. The exact powers of these blue stones appears to be enhancing the object the user puts it on. For example, if you put it on a drill, you'll find it has much more power behind it. However, the limits of these stones is that they seem to shut down after an extended use. The stones seem to need a full day of recharging, which can be at a disadvantage, considering the overuse of a blue stone can tire out it's user.

Current Centora Time: 2:00 PM​

Character List
New round begins: 12/8 12:00 PM
By Thundor: Isaac Gardener X, Hamilton A. Wiltsworth X, Volusia X, Augnagar X, Reeve Crowtaker Yvonus X, Zaqir Craft X
By Oniichan: Genevieve X
By Infinity: Oelia Mist X
By york: Ansley Vang X, Scarlett Vang X, Blair Alvarez X, Cecily X
By ☆Luna☆: Akane X
By Daivrat: Amaria Cinderskin X, Arimach Blackthorn X, Oza'Mata X
By Logan2231: Rican Mineshadow X, Theran StormBlade X, Xaqur Doomweaver X, Ahmed Al-Ashin X
By ThousandSwords: Locke Carnelia X, Paravir X

*sits on the couch and waits for something to happen*

Ugh, really? I just posted, and then looked and saw that there's a new rule about posting. That's kind of a downer, not being able to post when I want to really sucks, and especially waiting for others, considering some haven't posted yet >.<

Can we have some leniency on that? Not being able to post when I want to is going to kill my desire for this super quick, I'm having a lot of fun doing this rp :c

Ugh, really? I just posted, and then looked and saw that there's a new rule about posting. That's kind of a downer, not being able to post when I want to really sucks, and especially waiting for others, considering some haven't posted yet >.<

Can we have some leniency on that? Not being able to post when I want to is going to kill my desire for this super quick, I'm having a lot of fun doing this rp :c
The point of the new post system is to allow people a chance to react to others actions and to avoid leaving them behind in the dust in one scene while others in another are rapidly shooting off ahead on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.