Celestial Avians

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Casting her attention to her nails again it appeared like her concentration on the subject had left but it was rather anything but. She was paying attention she just didn't overly care. Taking note of the slide of hurt that flicked over his face, Dusty gave a slight roll of her eyes.

"I take it then that the other families will be represented?"

Shoulders shrugged, "Do I look like I keep tabs on those imbeciles? But probably, they have a habit of popping up when you don't need them."

"I appreciate your...concern. If you are here for somewhat the same reason perhaps we should get to business then and stop dawdling. Let's take this somewhere ears will not hear them...over there."

"Business?" her gaze narrowed drastically to him only to step forward and jabbed a finger to him hard in the chest, "I don't think I need your business, or rather having you direct me around Orri." Fist tightened to rest on her hips, "There is and will not be any pact to be made between us, I dumped you remember. I have no desire," she slowly began to grin again, "To repeat past actions." Leaning back her arms opened widely around her, "You are the one who was handpicked by the elders remember, what am I but a lowly peon? Well no more to you or too them Orri." she blew a false kiss to him, "Feel free to take a stroll in the woods but there is no way you are going to get me- a naive sweet venerable girl- into the forest." Winking Dusty slipped a foot backwards, "We'll see who destroys those birds Orestes and then we'll see who should have been the rightful one to be the favoured of the elders." she hissed the name as if it was poison on her lips.

"Let the game begin." Turning abruptly on her heels, Dusty waved to him sweetly as she couldn't help but be mixed with sheer utter anger and pure delight to this twisting game.

He mumbled her name in pure wonder at what games she would play and then let his muscles relax. His hands fell limp, his shoulders dropped and then he began to walk. But he soon stopped. If the others were going to make an appearance he would have to organize them. And at the rate he was going they were all going to be as fiercely independant as he. He needed to speak to...someone. He began to run and soon reached the two boys he was hanging around. "As I said guys, that girl was Dusty."

He had watched the exchange, wisely choosing to stay quiet-- the lady seemed formidable even to him. Aiden had no wish for his head to be bitten off even before he was old enough to drink. Besides, they'd given him information to think about. Birds? He felt a shadow of a flutter against his shoulders, as if the peacock imprinted on his skin shared his instinctive misgivings. Even if there was nothing to be cautious about, he would be so anyway. "... Scary woman," he murmured, a healthy amount of respect in his voice. "Your ex?" His tone was sympathetic, neutral, unsuspecting: the tone of a friend. Aiden had no concrete reason to break off this budding friendship thus far. He'd move carefully.

Orestes heaved a sigh as though relieved Then he began walking slowly back towards lunch. "Yeah. Though its a bit under selling it. I was once betrothed. to that woman. You think those lil chickies before were strung tightly." Finally reaching the cafeteria. door he opened it himself. The place was decked out in feathers. heavy handed he thought. "Whats with the damn fowl motif ?"

Shai

(Tag GeekOut, Setti, Insp. Chloe)

As Shai waited for Cameron and Tashanee to answer her question, her tattoo started on another round. Shai'ahn winced again, shaking her head when the others asked if she was alright.

"It's my tattoo...there's someone new close by with one... It's telling me this..." Just then, several pencils suddenly rolled from under the door, spanning out in the small entryway of their bedroom. And soon after, a knock followed.

Since Shai was practically sitting near the door, she stood to her feet, "I'll get that for you." Carefully picking a few pencils that she could see, she moved to the door. The closer she came, the hotter her tattoo burned, until she'd opened the door to find another student with black hair and uncanny yellow eyes. Instantly, her tattoo calmed down to a simmer. It was obvious that she'd found another silver tattoo.

"Hello? Sorry, but I-um-I dropped some pencils, and I think they ended up in there, can I come in?"

Shai looked to Cameron and Tasha, knowing it was their room, before turning back to the girl with a smile. "I guess. This is not my room, but I have some of your pencils right here... I think that's all that rolled in."

Without a second thought about it, she turned to Cameron and Tasha, "Um, I've taken up enough of your time. It was great meeting you. Maybe we can chat later."

Shai then turned to the girl at the door and handed her the pencils she'd found as she stepped passed. "Um, here you go." When her hand was empty, she flattened it for a handshake, trying her best to be friendly to a stranger rather than hiding. "I'm Shai'ahn... my room is just a few doors down."

"Is our mascot a hawk or something?" Again with the twinge from his tattoo (birthmark thing, whatever it was). Shush, he thought at it, resisting the urge to reach back and touch it. Not now. "I don't remember reading anything on the brochure about that." But of course that couldn't be right, any of it, that didn't explain the constellations on the ceiling of his room, nor did it explain the strange conversation he had ended up listening to. None of it made sense, and Aiden felt like he could figure it out, maybe, if only he had more pieces of this very weird puzzle.

"So how exactly do you get betrothed, so young?"

Orestes walked into the feathery luncheon room and pulled out a chair from one of the tables. He twirled it around in his hands and then took a seat facing Aiden. "Yeah I didnt read anything about the school so I wouldn't know about the mascot or whatever." He leaned in closer and hung his arms and head over the back of the chair then looking rather bored he waited for Aiden to sit down as well. "To make a long story short? I come from...well lets just say that my family had more money than the American Mr. Blitzer and more power than the president there too. Dusty, very much the same type of background as well. When you run in that kind of circle a lot of marriages tend to be political aliance formations or business deals. I think ours was some kind of subversion for a lond grab. I dont remember it much. But she and I had a lot of fun together...as much as one does when you have all the money and time in the world. And I tell you, you was something else behind closed doors if ya know what I mean." He chuckled rather gruffly.

Ophelia was up in her study when all of the students had arrived. Though she did not care very much about them personally she was interested to see how they would manage her tasks. Most people were not able to handle her, but what were they to her? She looked out her top room studio window as they arrived one by one. The older students were haughty,and like other children the younger were petulant and self obsorbed. She straightened her spine and refocused her attention on the music playing from a victrola. Tchaikofsky #37. She listened intently for a long while until the tension of motionlessness broke her. She took the needle off the record and opened the door from her dance studio. She then set off at a brisk pace. She turned one corner right, another left, and then headed down a stairwell. When she emerged from that narrow corridor she came out in a hall way and bumped into a student talking about, of all things pencils.
"You silly stupid girl," she said in a thick accent, "Vat are you duink lolligaking in se hallway?" Nevermind the fact she was nearly running inside. "Well?" she said indignantly. She looked to the girl in the dorm room. "Und you! Zis is your only varning, no cluttering ze hallvay. Now Vat time is it?"

"Raonaid Morrigan. Thanks for the pencils." She smiled hopefully at Shai'ahn. She was the first student to be nice to her. "I like your name. It's very pretty." A body collided with her. She looked up to see an angry looking woman glaring at her.

"You silly stupid girl," "Vat are you duink lolligaking in se hallway? Well?" she said indignantly. She looked to the girl in the dorm room. "Und you! Zis is your only varning, no cluttering ze hallvay."

She winced, clutching her book bag closer. "Sorry. I dropped my bag... Shai'ahn was helping me pick up my things." Who was this woman?

"Now Vat time is it?"

Raonaid checked the watch that hung at her waist. "Er... 12: 37?" She glanced over to the other girl. "We can clear out of the hall now if you want, ma'am."

"Um, here you go." When her hand was empty, she flattened it for a handshake, trying her best to be friendly to a stranger rather than hiding. "I'm Shai'ahn... my room is just a few doors down."

"Raonaid Morrigan. Thanks for the pencils." She smiled hopefully at Shai'ahn. She was the first student to be nice to her. "I like your name. It's very pretty."

Suddenly, Shai's tattoo really went crazy and her bracelets seem to literally vibrate off her body as a woman suddenly collided into Raonaid. Shai helped the new girl hold her ground, looking at the strange woman with a frightened glare.

"You silly stupid girl," "Vat are you duink lolligaking in se hallway? Well?" she said indignantly. She looked to the girl in the dorm room. "Und you! Zis is your only varning, no cluttering ze hallvay."

"Sorry. I dropped my bag... Shai'ahn was helping me pick up my things."

"We weren't going to stay here for long...," Shai dropped her eyes, feeling uncomfortable about being there, and having a hard time focusing on her surroundings. Even though her tattoo had calmed when she'd met Raonaid, they hadn't done the same when she spoke to the woman. Actually, the painful warning became worse.

"Now Vat time is it?"

Raonaid checked the watch, "Er... 12: 37?" She glanced over to the other girl. "We can clear out of the hall now if you want, ma'am."

"We're so sorry...," Shai bowed quickly before moving. "We're heading out right now..." Hoping the woman wasn't going to mark them for - whatever they've done wrong, Shai looked towards Raonaid hoping she understood what was going on.

Looking back towards the school for a moment, Rimm actually took the time to think about what she just said. Why was he bothering to keep her around? Why was he here? He decided to cross his own arms over his chest and answer her the only way he knew how. With the truth.

"Why are you bothering anyways Rimm?.."

"I'm bothering Sen, because I really don't know. I don't know what is going on, I don't know what the hell I am doing here or what I'm supposed to be doing. I don't know if the food is actually good here. I don't know if I am going to be bombarded with homework everyday. I don't even know how to do Calculus!" His light blue hair had become disheveled from all the times his fingers had ruffled it during his little outburst. Thinking back to what made him actually come to this school, his fingers now tapping lightly against the back of his neck, he dug deep into the corners of his vexed mind and searched for the answer. With a stressed chuckled he found it and wasn't afraid to say it.

His now darker blue eyes darted down to stare directly at Sen. "Ignorance. I thought after all the bad that went on in the past that maybe my luck had changed." Mumbling the last part he searched for a place to rest his eyes since a headache was really forming. He couldn't believe he tripped over his own shoes. Biting his lip he continued on, "At first this was just a place to chill for awhile, lay low until I was able to bounce." jabbing a finger towards his bike, "But after seeing your tattoo I doubt we're the only two who have one and I am more than curious."

This all sounded so stressed and jumbled up. Rimm probably sounded insane, but he had no other way to explain to her without giving to much information away. He wasn't trying to make her stay, it was more of a gesture of kindness which was a rare emotion that conjured up inside him. "I doubt you belong in a school with all those frilly upper class jocks and ditz, but I have a strange feeling that this place may be different and you do belong here." He shrugged and decided he needed to stop reading those fantasy books where the main character has to save the world from impending doom.

((ooc: Sorry that was crap, lolol. I had writer's block for a good forty-five minutes.))

Brows knitted, lips pursed, fingers drummed slowly against the patter of her arms in the jacket just staring at him seeming to be so lost in what she had asked. She hardly thought it was a terrible question to be asked but then again, it appeared to be more difficult than one could ever fathom.

Slumping her shoulders alongside that of her hands, allowing them to ball up to plant firmly on her hips, Sen blew out her lips hard. The gems that were proclaimed for sight tossed through the side of her gaze to that of his own mode of transportation. She was hardly impressed or moved by his answer- was she seriously hoping that perhaps someone could stop her from leaving this ridiculous place of mind numbing education, or was she... just trying to make a scene. The very thought boggled her own thoughts but it did little to ease the strangled annoyance that was frothing sporadically in her stomach. "Can't believe you spoke about wondering if the food is good here, don't you know any of the cliche's? All school food is terrible." pupils pulled along the blue irises back putting a steely look to that of him, sizing him up trying to probe the inner reaches of his own values and his words.

Straightening her back, Svenja pulled on the zipper of her coat ruffling the fabric hard to smooth out the wrinkles, her jaw was working with grinding her teeth. "Just because the place is different doesn't mean much Rimm, I've been to many difference places and they are just that. Places. There is no sense in putting a idea that this building, this land or these people are going to bring out that inner most something you have been looking for, it would be folly to assume that what is around you is going to solve those plaguing wonderment's." Shooting up her index finger, she pointed it to him. "If you think that being here is going to change your luck, you are looking in the wrong place. Only you can fix what is wrong with yourself and stray your fate and luck into a positive light." Lips quirked somewhat into a rather soft smile, reserved a little out of place on her face as it was rare for her to be so... meek about it all. "I think you've read one too many hero stories Rimm, cause this story is anything but a fantasy. Great things like cults of great worshiping don't exist, and the princess you might be trying to search out doesn't exist either. Just because we share the similar marks on our body is nothing more than a coincidence, at least that is how my stubborn mind works." She admitted easily enough shoving her hands into her pockets, shivering against the cold seeping into her skin. "There are other's here as I've said before that have those markings too, so perhaps there is something strange going on but... to the part that I belong here, I don't belong anywhere."

Turning to face him toe to toe, she rubbed her brow gingerly; "Anyways," she lifted her hand to clap him on the shoulder in a tender pat letting her fingers slide off. "Think you might want to go back inside, you seem a little... in pain?" she laughed softly as she wasn't sure that was what she had seen at times, "You keep scrunching up your eyes, you are going to get wrinkles in your T zone if you keep that up," Turning her attention to her truck, wheels were clicking through her head. While she might have not felt that he made any difference in making her stay or what, it was still working with the gears attempting to oil itself. She knew had gone out of his way and perhaps that was the reason why she didn't just blow him right off initially but... it was an unusual gesture for her to handle in general.

Combing back the long hair, she pulled open the cab of the truck letting the stale warmth of the cab engulf her for a moment. "Thanks anyways Rimm." Sen gave the honesty behind her words, making the gesture of what he had tried to do ring truth in her tone. "Think I'll take a drive... whether I come back or not is a whole other story." she muttered softly, not sold on either plan now.

((ooc- np, lol! i think you did wonderfully))

Catching Shai'ahn's look, Raonaid said "What was it I was going to show you in my room? Oh yeah." She took the other girl's hand in her own. Ducking her head, she lead the girl to the room she had just been assigned. She held the door open. "You don't have to come in if you have somewhere else to be. Or you know, you don't want to. But I thought at the least you'd want a good reason to leave that hall."

Ophelia pursed her lips in a semi pout and placed her finger on her cheek. She seemed to think she was always late but in fact she hadn't even begun the day. She cleared her throat and then smiled in a sacarin manner. "Very goot. Zer iz still time. Vat are your names girls ?" She looked especially. at the one she bumped into. "Come now! Do not keep me vaiting." She said in a still sweeter tone. She stooped. down to the child and placing her hand on the girl's shoulder. "I vant to get to know you oll...such lovely girls you are." There was a silence in the room. "Tell me, do you girls like music? Eh? Do you like singink? Ja? Please, do not be shy."

Shai followed Raonaid's lead and headed to her room. When she opened the door, Shai automatically noticed a similar mural upon the ceiling above one of the beds...

"You don't have to come in if you have somewhere else to be. Or you know, you don't want to. But I thought at the least you'd want a good reason to leave that hall."

"No," Shai fumbled. "It's okay... Actually, I... wanted to talk to you... about that." She pointed to the constellation and quickly dropped her arm. Her bracers did not calm their violent fidgeting, and for good reason.

"Very goot. Zer iz still time."

The instructor who chastised them earlier about being in the hallway stepped up again. Shai became completely ridged as she tried to take smooth, deep breaths to calm her aching nerves.

"Vat are your names girls ? Come now! Do not keep me vaiting."

Shai looked towards Raonaid for a moment, wondering if she knew the woman, or if it was a good idea to say anything. Her bracers told her differently...

I vant to get to know you oll...such lovely girls you are." There was a silence in the room. "Tell me, do you girls like music? Eh? Do you like singink? Ja? Please, do not be shy."

"I - I...was trained in voice...," Shai knew better to not be rude, but she also knew better than to speak of certain things.... Without nothing else to say, she fell silent.

(Thank you sooo much phi *hugs*)

"Ahhh very goot. Now, vat vas your name, girl? Atuh!" She bent over and tapped shai on the back. "Ve singers must have posture, very goot posture. It expands the lunks. Now tell me your...no SINK me your names. I vant to see your range. Ja?" Then Ophelia stood up right raising her arms like a monkey. "Und remember POSTURE!"

He rubbed his temples and simply chuckled at her first sentence. She was right the food was always going be disgusting at public or private schools. A hungry teen could only hope though right? Speaking of which his mind wavered towards heading to the cafeteria to see how the food was himself. Mentally scolding himself he listened intently to the rest of what she needed to say. It was almost like he set a bomb off and forgot if he should cut the red or blue wire to stop it from ticking. Meaning to speak up on several occasions he chickened out and let her words pound into his already aching head. His muscles tightened uncomfortably as he felt a sudden chill of the air waft over them. Or maybe it was the truth behind her words that made him suddenly very tense.

"I think you've read one too many hero stories Rimm, cause this story is anything but a fantasy. Great things like cults of great worshiping don't exist, and the princess you might be trying to search out doesn't exist either. Just because we share the similar marks on our body is nothing more than a coincidence, at least that is how my stubborn mind works."

His mind became deathly quiet and his lips pursed into a thin line. Trying to shed a little humour onto himself in hopes to dishevel the impending lack of formality in himself his mind began to work again, 'Looks like I won't be seeing a Zombie Apocolypse anytime soon then.' A psychotic smile began to tug at the corner of his lips at the thought, but he composed himself and found his fingers searching for a place to stay still. For now he settled them into his jeans as Sen's hand came to clap onto his shoulder then slide away.

Taking this sudden less serious opening he spoke, "Yeah I'll probably just head inside and grab some food. I'm fine really." he couldn't find the time to laugh really since he began to feel drained of the days events. He had no comment to the wrinkle part of her sentence, but he found himself internally smiling at it.

As the inside warmth of her cab lingered over the exposed skin on his forearms he watched her expression to see that she was thinking intently about the decision. Or maybe not sold on the decision at all. Nonetheless, he gave her a final word, "It's the thought that counts. Be safe I guess if you don't return." Honesty rolled of his tongue and into the part about being safe then he simply patted the ledge of the bed of the truck and gave her a small lopsided smile, before turning back towards the school. His stomach began to carry him towards the cafeteria for some much needed thinking food.

"It's the thought that counts. Be safe I guess if you don't return."

'Thought doesn't count for much,' she thought to herself, brooding over the gesture. She knew how empty such things were only to revel in its vacant feeling. She watched him leaving still very unsatisfied with it all but the anger that had been prior only turned into bitter seclusion but she brought that upon herself, and she knew it.

Air parted from her in a heavy lofty sigh, contemplation thick in her actions and yet foreign in her motives.

She didn't know how long she stood there in the cold, the door open allowing the frigidness to seep into the cab to cause the inside window to ice up, but it was a clear indication that it was long enough.

The grim line pressed against her face, anything but true resolution riddled through as she slammed the door to the truck with a force -something that appeared to be common.

Soles clicked in their quiet unison, eyes drawn up to the building yet again.

She made no comment to anyone around her as she returned to the halls, eyes remained adverted for the time being until she stood in the doorway of hers and Shai's room, curious yet marred gaze strewn upwards looking at the simple marvel that was the constellations.

Toes licked at the back of her sneaker as they helped remove them, as she flopped belly down on the bed given. Perhaps... she was being too hasty and there was something more to this all... more than she wanted to admit.

"Ahhh very goot. Now, vat vas your name, girl? Atuh!"

When the woman tapped Shai on the back, she restrained a shout, for she squarely hit above her already scared marking around her tattoo.

"Ve singers must have posture, very goot posture. It expands the lunks."

Shai straightened up properly, even though her posture has always been perfectly fine. But, she was no stranger to strict instructors. Her whole life has been full of them. No, she knew better than to disobey, especially when dealing with an authority figure. She just hoped that her obedience in this gesture kept the woman's hands off her back.

"Now tell me your...no SINK me your names. I vant to see your range. Ja?"

Oh no..., Shai'ahn's eyes widened like oranges as the lady lifted her arms to re-position them for proper breathing.

"Und remember POSTURE!"

Shai's lips opened with some sort of way out of this situation, but she was too scared to speak. Her voice only squeaked out a resounding, "~I...can not...~," before she slipped her arms out of the woman's hands and took a few steps back, finding herself pushed up against the threshold of Raonaid's door frame.

She wasn't suppose to sing...never. It was stupid of her to speak of it at all, but she did. And now, she had to do something to avoid breaking that one simple rule.

"I...I've got to go... I've missed lunch..." She gave Raonaid a glance, wondering if the girl would want to talk to her at all after her odd response to this woman's demands. She suddenly wished Sen was around... She could probably talk anyone out of something like this... Shai was just too shy to speak her mind to a total stranger... especially one who caused her nerves to rage.

"Very goot. Zer iz still time."

Raonaid nearly jumped at the woman's voice. Instead she froze, hoping for one ridiculous moment that she was talking to someone else.

Vat are your names girls ?" "Come now! Do not keep me vaiting." She said in a still sweeter tone. She stooped. down to the child and placing her hand on the girl's shoulder.

As much as she wanted to respond, something about this woman terrified her. She couldn't speak. She saw Shai'ahn watching her, and wished she could explain this strange fear.

"I vant to get to know you oll...such lovely girls you are." There was a silence in the room.
"Tell me, do you girls like music? Eh? Do you like singink? Ja? Please, do not be shy."

"I - I...was trained in voice...,"

The girl looked like she was about to pass out. The more the woman spoke, the worse it got. And still, Raonaid couldn't break from her paralysis.

"Ahhh very goot. Now, vat vas your name, girl? Atuh! Ve singers must have posture, very goot posture. It expands the lunks. Now tell me your...no SINK me your names. I vant to see your range. Ja? Und remember POSTURE!"

At this final command, Raonaid gasped, realizing she had stopped breathing. She steeled herself, swallowing hard as Shai'ahn choked on a melody and then stumbled back. Whatever was going on, it needed to stop.

"I...I've got to go... I've missed lunch..."

Stepping directly in the woman's path, Raonaid straightened her back, expanded her ribs and lifted her chin. "~Raonaid Morrigan~" she sang. Forcing herself to watch the woman's eyes, she asked, "I'm sorry, ma'am, I didn't catch your name. I'm new here and I want to put my best foot forward!" She put as much enthusiasm into the last sentence as she could. It wasn't a complete lie.