Cascade Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't how to resize the image, but her husband passed away because of a Terminal Illness, he is the Father of her baby and no they did not come to Cascade Falls together.
You can resize with imgur. Just copy and paste your image or upload from wherever you have it saved and size down to 250px. If you can't figure it out, let me know and I'll get it for you real quick! And okay, so she came to Falls separately and was already pregnant?

Just to clarify - this is taking place in 2015, right? I'm really not trying to be "that" annoying person, but wouldn't the president from 2009-present be Barack Obama? (Everyone just seems to be sticking with George W. Bush, so I thought I should just double check. Absolutely no offense intended, and do correct me if I'm wrong.)
Not to give too much away, but yeah, it's taking placing in "2015". There's a reason that pop culture references are forbidden. I think everyone is putting Bush because I said not to put Obama, lmao. You can put our current president, but you can also go back to like Reagan and everyone between (Clinton, Bush Sr.).

So if anyone wants to edit their CS and swap in a different president, go right ahead. It's just a matter of what your character will be familiar with. For example, if someone mentioned 9/11 and the president your character knew was Clinton, you'd have no idea what they were talking about.

If you can send the code for me to copy and paste. That'd be great. And I am not sure why the size of the picture matters. Well, I guess I can somewhat understand if you're trying to make the Character Sheets look like Police Documents or something.
I'm going to stick the pictures in the cast section so that they link back your character and I can't do that if everything is different sizes.

Not to give too much away, but yeah, it's taking placing in "2015". There's a reason that pop culture references are forbidden. I think everyone is putting Bush because I said not to put Obama, lmao. You can put our current president, but you can also go back to like Reagan and everyone between (Clinton, Bush Sr.).

So if anyone wants to edit their CS and swap in a different president, go right ahead. It's just a matter of what your character will be familiar with. For example, if someone mentioned 9/11 and the president your character knew was Clinton, you'd have no idea what they were talking about.
Right - thanks so much for clearing that up!
If you can send the code for me to copy and paste. That'd be great. And I am not sure why the size of the picture matters. Well, I guess I can somewhat understand if you're trying to make the Character Sheets look like Police Documents or something.
Here you go: http://oi62.tinypic.com/n56l2b.jpg
You can use the "insert image with options" thing on the toolbar to stick the image at the right side. Make sure to set the pixels to 250, though, or it'll turn out smaller than it really is.

• Love
Reactions: neptune
I've been watching this because it's super interesting. And after a long discussion with myself I decided I wanted to join. I'll have a CS up tomorrow sometime. (:

Reactions: Alekto
Sounds good! c:

This is getting more interest than I thought it would, haha.

Reactions: Alekto
Name: Michael Cole Cheshire​
Physical Extras: Michael stands at 6' even, and weighs around 175 pounds. He carries a large amount of muscle with toned arms and legs; however, he is slightly soft in the middle. Although his hair is black, red can be found in his beard, a trait that Michael used to be self-conscious about but now believes it adds a bit of flare to his average look. He carries no tattoos or piercings. Scars are scattered over both of his arms due to being impatient while working on his father's farm and rough childhood playing. You can't help put up barbed wire fences with a careless attitude, but if a person happened to ask Michael where those scars came from, he would say that he got them from working in his flower garden at Cascade Falls.
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Three Good Traits:
Nature Lover - Michael loves nature and everything about it. If he isn't working, he can be found in his garden or sitting on his front porch with a bird-book and binoculars to identify the birds that come through.
Handy Man - Michael works with his hands a lot, always doing something. Given the tools, he can build you anything within reason. Building birdhouses is one of his favorite hobbies. He is also know as the man who has never killed a plant. While that isn't entirely true, Michael can make almost any garden thrive with patience and knowledge.
Determined - Michael will always finish what he started if he is given the opportunity. He hates leaving things unfinished and will strive to have them reach some form of conclusion, whether it is personal or materialistic.
Three Flaws:
Filthy - Thanks to his hobby, Michael is almost always dirty or he appears that way. A large amount of his clothing has dirt stains and if he has been out working for a while, you can tell by the way he smells!
Gullible - He will believe almost anything and never stops giving people chances. If someone hurts him, he will welcome them back instantly if they make up some excuse. He believes all people are inherently good and insists that no one does harm on purpose.
Rigorous - Michael can't let anything go if it is unfinished or wrong. Despite his outward appearance, he takes great care in what he does and will often do things over and over again just to achieve perfection. This can make him almost unreliable if given a deadline because he is constantly redoing his work.

BEFORE
Place of Residence: New Market, Alabama
Marital Status: Single
Family/Children:
Mother - Sarah Ruth Cheshire (45 in '01)
Father - Llevoyd James Cheshire (52 in '01)
Girlfriend - Jennifer Lynn Motlow (19 in '01)
Daughter - Alicia Jean Motlow (3 in '01)
Who was president when you came to Cascade Falls?: Clinton

NOW
Family Children:

How long have you lived in Cascade Falls?:
"10 Years."
Have you ever tried to leave?: "Heh, once. I was young and stupid then. Marie, an old neighbor, got it in my head that we could leave and create a new life together. Of course, I thought that sounded great at the time so we made a plan to leave one night."
Have you ever been to the fence?: "Well. not exactly. The night we decided to leave, Marie and I planned to meet by the fence. Monstrous thing, from what I've heard. Something didn't feel right about that night, though. I don't know what it was; I was scared. I guess you can chalk it up to nerves, but I didn't feel safe leaving." Michael pauses, and looks at the ground. He tenderly bites one of his knuckles before he looks back up and continues. "I tried to catch Marie, before she left but it was too late. She was already gone from the house. I did what anyone else would do. I had to keep her safe, so I called the sheriff and remained at home."

In-Character Writing Sample:
The weather was bearable for once. After one of the longest and harshest heat waves to hit Alabama in the past few years, they had finally been blessed with a day of comforting breeze. The notepad that laid open across Michael's lap kept wanting to flutter its pages with every slight gust of wind. Each time he attempted to flatten the pages, they would just fly right back up and he would lose his place. He finally gave up after what felt like the fiftieth attempt and tucked the closed notebook into his pocket. The drawing of Alicia's future toy chest would have to wait.

"Hear you go." Michael looked up to see Jennifer reaching out to him with a plastic bottle. He took it without hesitation and moved across on the bench to allow her room to sit down. The cap twisted off the bottle with a small pop and he took a large drink of the water before sighing and twisting the cap back on.

There was a few moments of silence between the two as together they watched their daughter play with other children on the playground. She was a beautiful thing. Large blue eyes peered at them from across the way before quickly turning their attention back to something else. Her blonde hair bounced in the pigtails that her mother had created for her, and sand stuck to her dress from where she had been sitting in the sandbox. Her parents both agreed that she was growing up much too fast and wasn't allowing them time to get their lives together how they wanted. It didn't help that their own parents were wanting things to move much faster, too.

Everything had already moved fast enough. Jennifer had to drop out of highschool at 15, which Alice coming along soon after her 16th birthday. They were kids having children themselves and it was a lot to take in. They had been brushing off the marriage remarks for almost four years now, but they wouldn't be able to do that much longer.

Michael sighed and set his bottle down on the bench beside him, stretching his arm around Jennifer's shoulders and pulling her closer to him. His cheek rested on top of her head while his fingers brushed against her arm.

"What are you thinking about?" questioned Jennifer.

"Nothing really."

"Liar. You only sigh like that when you're thinking about something."

He shrugged slightly and sighed again, "Just thinking about life in general." A slight nod in response told him that she understood. "Why don't we get married?" Michael released Jennifer as she pulled away from him, her blue eyes staring at him with amusement and suspicion.

"Where did that come from?"

A chuckle rose from his chest. "Just thinking. I mean, we're practically married right now. All we would have to do would be to go to the courthouse and pay some money. We would be alright. What do you say? We can get married on Friday and you would be Mrs. Jennifer Cheshire." He watched as a blush rose to her cheeks and wrapped her arm around her again as she came back to him.

"You could have at least got down on one knee, Mr. Romantic," Jennifer jested. Michael laughed and gave her a squeeze as they both returned to watching their daughter. Sensing their gaze, the little three year old turned to them and waved frantically. Michael's smile lingered. This was his family.

Last edited by a moderator:
@neptune: I've been working on my CS (above) and I was wondering... How is the wildlife there? I mean, obviously land animals won't really get past the fence, but would birds fly over head? I want Michael to have a thing for animals, but I would hate to say he is a bird-watcher when there are no birds to watch. xD

Well I am not the GM but she told me in a PM in which I barraged her with questions that there was the normal level of wildlife to be found in the pacific northwest.

neptune said:
As far as wildlife goes, there are birds and other common critters that you'd find in the pacific northwest. The cricket thing was meant to be another clue.

So there are birds for him to watch.

• Thank You
Reactions: neptune
@Adelaide Thank you so much! :) That helps me out a ton ^_^

EDIT:

Okay. I'm so sorry. I am a dope when it comes to questions. In the Character Sheet, it is specified that our character can't have already lived in Cascade Falls for 10 years: "How long have you lived in Cascade Falls?: (no more than ten years)" But then, here in the quote above, you say that we can go back to Reagan and anyone in between.

My plan was to make Michael appear in Cascade Falls in 2001, when he is 20 and such. But that would make him be in Cascade Falls for around 14 years. Should I just say "Feels like 10 years" or should I just push everything up.

And if this has been mentioned already, I'm sorry! D: It's so early in the morning and I haven't had enough coffee yet.

@Adelaide Thank you so much! :) That helps me out a ton ^_^

EDIT:

Okay. I'm so sorry. I am a dope when it comes to questions. In the Character Sheet, it is specified that our character can't have already lived in Cascade Falls for 10 years: "How long have you lived in Cascade Falls?: (no more than ten years)" But then, here in the quote above, you say that we can go back to Reagan and anyone in between.

My plan was to make Michael appear in Cascade Falls in 2001, when he is 20 and such. But that would make him be in Cascade Falls for around 14 years. Should I just say "Feels like 10 years" or should I just push everything up.

And if this has been mentioned already, I'm sorry! D: It's so early in the morning and I haven't had enough coffee yet.
No, no. It's okay! I know it seems confusing now but it won't as your characters start to figure out the truth. I've scattered quite a few clues around the OP for you guys to think about. So if something feels off to you, there's probably a reason for it. And yes, @Adelaide had a fair number of questions, haha. A lot of what I answered for her will be included in the first IC post in order to make the world more complete. So between that and the map that's coming, hopefully the confusion will just be IC soon.

So, as for the time discrepancy, yes, shove it all together. When you're not allowed to talk about the past anyway, or make any kind of references to pop culture, it's irrelevant whether the year is "2015" or "1999"

I hope that helps! If not, PM me and I'll do my best to get the basics straightened out for you c:

• Useful
Reactions: 2 people
Also, just as a side note and not to annoy everyone with my double post >__> Make sure you're filling out something for the family option in the before section! Everyone has family, whether it's parents or siblings or some variation of a spouse out there. Your characters probably weren't all alone in the world when they came to town. It's fine to have them all alone in the now section, though.

Reactions: Alekto and Jerelin
Wonderful. That makes plenty of sense to me. :) I am about to go mow the yard, but I will probably finish my CS today! I'm getting super excited about this and thank you for taking the time to answer all of these questions!

No problem! It's quite the confusing concept, and it's even worse when things have to be intentionally left out. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your CS!

Still waiting on:
@of Dirt @upscalerat @Alice Falling
but no rush! I think I'll extend character building to the middle of the week. Does that sound good with everyone?

@neptune wouldn't it have been possible for me to keep the previous nine images, except instead of cluttering then into one place, reduce them to the required size and scatter them across my character sheet? Then when you put your cast together, you pick your favorite?
I just saw this, sorry! But no, please stick to one image. I'm on mobile a lot during the weekend and even when I'm at home on my laptop, image heavy posts tend to slow things way down. I'm not sure why you need that many pictures in the first place :/

Name:
Rhonwen Agrona Godo
Physical Extras: Rhonwen is a short and skinny young woman, at 5'3" and 129 lbs. Her blonde hair is usually kept in a braid, and reaches to the bottom of her shoulders while braided. Being Celtic, Rhonwen is fair-skinned, and has a few light freckles scattered over her whole body. She has no tattoos or piercings. She has a burn scar on her left palm, under her thumb.

Sexuality: Homosexual
Three Good Traits:
Loyal - Rhonwen is loyal to almost no end. She will stick with someone if the whole town is against them, up until the point of a fête. Anything short of that and she is either with you or against you, and if the former, little will sway her from her stance.
Intelligent - She can remember all sorts of information that she's read, and knows when to share those tidbits or not. She's also clever enough to find a solution to most every day problems.
Straightforward - The woman won't dance around questions or issues; if something is bothering her, Rhonwen will get right to it, though not necessarily in a brash manner.
Three Flaws:
Dishonest - Rhonwen has no qualms lying to get what she wants. She'll tell a lie to avoid trouble; she'll tell a lie to avoid so much as a suspicion of trouble, if she has to.
Petty - Little things can drive Rhonwen crazy. Not being invited to a social gathering, or being ignored, or even a comment against her can infuriate her.
Ruthless - She shows little mercy for others. It didn't take her long to adjust to the justice of Cascade Falls, and she rarely feels that the punishments are out of proportion.

BEFORE
Place of Residence: New York City, New York
Marital Status: Unmarried (In a serious relationship)
Family/Children: Mother, Anita Godo, 62; Father, Ronald Godo, 65; Brother, Finnegan Godo, 31; Sister, Caitria Godo, 25; Sister, Maeve Godo, 21; Partner, Emma Dumont, 27 - ages all current, assuming everyone is still alive, as they were in 2012
Who was president when you came to Cascade Falls?: Barack Obama

NOW
Marital Status: Unmarried
Family Children:

How long have you lived in Cascade Falls?: 3 Years
Have you ever tried to leave?: No
Have you ever been to the fence?: Once, when she first arrived.

Rain pittered against the window and the walls, and if Rhonwen turned her head the right way, she could see the grey sky turn Emma into a monochrome sculpture. White back in the storm's bright light, black hair, charcoal shadows on her side, her breasts, her stomach, her face against Rhonwen's shoulder.

The rain made the woman think of home. She'd woken up to more mornings like this than not, as a girl, and looked at it nostalgically. New York had sporadic weather- sun for three days, temperature all at different sides of the spectrum, without a cloud in sight, then the scare of a storm, then clouds for a week, with the sun teasing its way through every few hours, only to risk rain with a few drops a moment later. Not like home; there, she could feel the weather, and predict the rains. Perhaps that was just small-town know how talking. Perhaps it was just that it rained a lot in Ireland, though that was the less romantic version.

She swiveled her head and looked at the clock. 5:36. She wasn't much of a late sleeper anyways, but even this was early for her. Still, lying in bed was, well, boring, even as Emma's pillow. Careful not to disturb her lover, Rhonwen lifted herself from the bed, tugged at the white tank top she slept in, and crossed the apartment to the small kitchen. Rhonwen turned the front burner on, then took the kettle and filled it in the sink. She and Emma had both succumb to the recent trend of tea, and had fully incorporated it into their routines.

Soft swishes in the sheets made Rhonwen turn around. Emma was sitting up and running her eye. Rhonwen set the kettle down in the sink and shut off the water. "You're up early," the blonde remarked. Even after several years in the states, her Irish accent was still noticeable.

"So are you." Slowly, Emma rose, and grabbed a sweater on her way towards the kitchen. She slipped it on, then leaned against the table that served as a dining room.

"Couldn't sleep."

"Thinking about your family?"

Rhonwen just frowned. The subject had crossed her mind, but now that Emma brought it up, she thought only of the invariable, following argument: marriage. Only a couple of months ago had it been legally recognized statewide. Before that, Rhonwen never had to face this issue; but now, marriage meant telling her catholic family that they had a lesbian for a daughter.

Not that Rhonwen didn't love Emma- not that she didn't want to marry her- but that did make her hesitant to move forward.

Emma sighed. "Alright. Sorry."

Rhonwen leaned back. "We need to save up money for the ceremony, an-" she had put her hands behind her, on the counter, but one had landed on the stove. Hard. The woman cursed and drew her hand away, then turned to the sink, turned the cold water on, and jammed her hand under it. A steady stream of swears was coming from Rhonwen's mouth.

She heard Emma's footsteps approaching rapidly. "Here, I've got some burn stuff." Rhonwen turned around and offered her injured hand to her girlfriend, who promptly started to work at it. Such were the benefits of having a girlfriend in medical school. The curses slowed to a trickle, and Rhonwen glanced at the clock to distract herself. 5:52.

I'm so excited that you picked the teacher! :D And those flaws are fantastic. I'm looking forward to your sample.

tumblr_static_9ekh9fqr228so4ssowk8ocwo8.gif

Name: Korra Smith
Physical Extras: Korra stands at about 5'11 and weighs 160 lbs.
She is toned, lean, and tall. She doesn't have any tattoos or piercings. She has a few dark freckles along her arms and on her neck.
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Three Good Traits:
Adaptive: Easily changes and adapts to her surroundings and the people around her. Quick on her feet to think of solutions.
Brilliant: Korra is really smart and loves math, chemistry, engineering, etc.
Relaxed: Everything is what it is and she believes in just going with the flow. Letting things be.

Three Flaws:
Procrastination/Slow: Korra can be 'too' relaxed and won't react quickly to people, often slacking off relationships, and sometimes even going really slow at work.
Impersonal: She doesn't care much about anyone's personal lives or their problems unless she really cares about you. (Which she probably doesn't) She also won't keep your secrets.
Cynical: "Believing that people are motivated by self-interest; distrustful of human sincerity or integrity."

BEFORE
Place of Residence: Kanab, Utah
Family/Children:
Mother-Petunia Smith (47 in '09)
Father-James Smith (48 in '09)
Younger Sister-Katherine Smith(18 in '09)
Cousin-Jada Smith (14 in '09)
Who was president when you came to Cascade Falls?: Obama

NOW
Family Children:

How long have you lived in Cascade Falls?: 6 Years (Since 2009)
Have you ever tried to leave?: No
Have you ever been to the fence?: No

Beautiful red rocks and the last glimmer of sunlight made for another wonderful day in Korra's life in Kanab. She had just finished hanging up her uniform and turning off all the lights when a little knock came at the door. Korra groaned slightly, she wanted to go home and sleep. She had been working all day today, the other Vet Technician had called in sick so Korra had to work a double today and close up.

Sluggishly she walked to the front door and opened it up. Outside in the rain was a little girl holding a little dog. Korra straightened up a bit, becoming a little bit more alert to the situation. "How can I help you?" Korra asked kindly.

"My dog and I were taking a walk in the rain and he stepped on something." The girl sniffled and held back a few tears. "Come in and let me take a look." Korra escorted the girl into the lobby and turned on a few lights. She knelt down to the little girl and took a look at the dog's paw. It wasn't anything serious, thankfully, he just had a fairly large thorn stuck in his paw. "Let me take him into the back and fix him up. Do you want to come with me?" The little girl nodded and followed Korra into the back.

Korra was in training to be an actual Veterinarian, right now she was a highly trained Vet Tech and taking out a thorn wouldn't be a real problem for her. She took the dog from the little girls hands and placed him on the table, the little dog let out a small whimper when Korra removed the thorn. He bled a little and the little girl started to cry. Korra tried to calm down the little girl but actually just felt annoyed by the whole situation. Not only did the little girl think it was smart to walk in the rain, but she got her dog hurt and came to Korra after hours. Now she just felt like a babysitter for this little child. Korra didn't let her annoyance show while she finished taking care of the dog. She then sat down with the little girl and comforted her. "Now, you should come back tomorrow morning. We can help you more and make sure your dog is healing properly when the Veterinarian is in, okay?" The little girl nodded, thanked Korra, then left.

Korra watched the little girl leave then turned off all the lights. Finally she could end her day, go home, and get some rest. She was glad she didn't have to work tomorrow, she wouldn't have to run into the little girl again.

tumblr_static_9ekh9fqr228so4ssowk8ocwo8.gif

Looks good so far, Alice! Although I'm wondering if she's really adaptive if she's also impersonal and slacks off on her relationships? Maybe that's just me, haha. Either way, I'm looking forward to your sample c:

Looks good so far, Alice! Although I'm wondering if she's really adaptive if she's also impersonal and slacks off on her relationships? Maybe that's just me, haha. Either way, I'm looking forward to your sample c:

It's more adaptivness in situations vs adaptivness with people? We'll see.

I took forever figuring out her traits. I can't tell you how many times I wrote out traits then realized how they clashed with the other ones... >.< I'll finish it up soon! I just don't have enough time right now to write out her sample. (:

Status
Not open for further replies.