Cancer Arms: Splatterpunk Superhumans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone here an artist? I'd like a landscape picture to be drawn, showing a city on the verge of becoming a ruin in the middle of the desert, with the sun beating down unrelentingly on a clear blue sky. At the top of picture there will be the title, called "Hollow, New Mexico". If anyone could draw this, thanks.

A question. If I were to make this a Libertine Roleplay, what sort of potential gain would there be to it?

I think the Libertine also applies to the more hardcore gore stuff, not just sexual themes... (If this hasn't been pointed out already) So if you want something where we go into great detail about the disgustingness that is the creatures, and the brutality of death then I would recommend the Libertine section. At least that's how I interpreted the rules. You're always welcome to ask a moderator or more experienced RPer too if you're unsure.

Sorry about my silence lately. Been thrown off my game a little by a really bad presentation at school. I'm just now getting back on track. I'll have CS edits and additions completed soon.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Okay, no worries. I need to get the setting up and running anyway, so no pressure.

Btw, pushing the date back to the late 1990s, if that messes with anything, and as for the Cancer Parasite, it acts like a second conscious, or maybe a split personality, trying to get you to do what it wants.

For reference, I'll quote the terms and rules section;

ALLOWED CONTENT IN IWAKU ROLEPLAYS?
Iwaku feels freedom of expression is important. No restrictions. That means we allow cursing, violence, and sexual material in roleplays. If you are 13 or older, you are old enough to understand and be exposed to these things. However, we have strict policies on how and where that content can be posted. Roleplays with extreme explicit content and violence must be rated. Sex scenes must be under spoiler tags if they occur randomly within a roleplay. Sexual content roleplays must be in the correct age-restricted forums. We do not allow adults and teenagers to do sexual content roleplays together. Iwaku allows teenagers to explore this kind of content only within their own age group.

So in conclusion, there is no rule against violence and gore in the regular roleplay sections, under the condition it is flagged as such.

Personally I don't particularly care whether this gets posted in Libertine or not, I just don't want misinformation to spread.

• Thank You
Reactions: WeepingLiberty
Is anyone here an artist? I'd like a landscape picture to be drawn, showing a city on the verge of becoming a ruin in the middle of the desert, with the sun beating down unrelentingly on a clear blue sky. At the top of picture there will be the title, called "Hollow, New Mexico". If anyone could draw this, thanks.

I'm an artist, but landscape pictures aren't exactly my thing. I draw people and characters and stuff. I can give it a shot for ya though! Any particular size you want it to be? Like, will this be our banner, or do you want it to be the picture in the intro post to the RP, or will it be in your signature or something? I can resize the drawing so you have a few different ones if you want one for a banner, one for your signature, etc. And do you have any preferences for the font that "Hollow, New Mexico" would be in, or do you want me to sort of throw one together? Do you want the shot to be sort of up close to the city where you can see how run down the place is, or from a distance where you can see the desert around it? And last but definitely not least, what's my deadline? I need deadlines because I'm a TERRIBLE procrastinator. If you don't tell me when you need it by, I'll just go "I'll do it tomorrow" every day, and that's not ok. :P Sorry for all the questions! I just want to make sure that you and I have the same image in our minds!

As for having this as a libertine roleplay or not, as @Kestrel said, libertine is only for sexual stuff. So if you want a sexual element to this RP, then it's gotta be a libertine. But if this RP is only gonna be 18+ for gore and violence, I'd say throw it in sci-fi or modern fantasy. I personally don't think it should be a libertine RP if there's no sex content. I think it'd give people the wrong idea about the RP, and that it'd push a few people away from it.

@Zarrock
It'll be a picture for the intro RP post. As for the font,Courier New in Black and Bold.Have the city be distant and in shadow, with a vast, ominous sun behind it, with a street coming coming from it to the foreground, and only a single car driving towards it (it'll be on the right side of the road, not left if you're not of the USA.) and show a vast, lifeless desert encompassing this faint bit of civilization. And I want it done in a week.

Thanks for the help, I don't think it should be very hard, just a shadowed, run down city, an ominous sun looming above, and a desert sea, with no life in site, and only a singular road breaking up the sand and dirt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Zarrock
  • Name: Jordan Gardner

Career: Tabloid journalist
    Lifestyle: Driven and goal-orientated (read: workaholic), physically active, drug indulgent, vigilant.

Skills:
    • Rhetoric.
    • Information gathering & tracking.
    • Tech-savvy.

Natural Abilities:
    • High level of hand-eye coordination.
    • High spatial awareness.
    • Good sprinter.

Natural Faults:
    • Near-sighted.
    • Mediocre balancing ability.
    • Poor sense of smell.

Relationships:
    • Scott Gardner – The half-brother with whom Jordan has a working relationship. Scott is employed by the government as one of the parties to oversee the research towards curing Cancer Arms. Because of this Scott and Jordan share a mutual interest and stand to gain mutual benefits from their relationship. Despite sharing a childhood, or perhaps because of that, Jordan and Scott aren't very good friends.
    • Jade Gardner – Jordan's half-sister who is the family glue. Jade, after having become a mother, feels strongly about family ties and values. While certainly not silent about her stance on Jordan's morals and alcoholism, she always offers a listening ear. Jade is one of the few people in his life who can make Jordan feel shame.
    • Ray Gardner – Jordan's father, Ray, has fallen prey to Alzheimer's at the relatively young age of 58. Combined with the man's lust for alcohol, veteran history and loss of two wives, this has made Ray a complicated individual. He refuses to be admitted into a nursing home, making him a difficult responsibility for his children. Despite loving his children profusely, it is difficult for them to maintain relationships.
    • Chloe Kyle – Jordan's on-and-off affair, though perhaps mutual physical stress relief is a better descriptor for their relationship. They share a cynical mind, a strong sense of individuality and are acquainted with a diverse palette of topics to spar over. Though Chloe might seem exactly what Jordan looks for in a woman, both know she is not what he needs.
  • leigharch_1401.jpg

Faceclaim: Leigharch - Black Lagoon
    Height: 5'8
    Weight: 152
  • Weapon Name: Hal

Appearance: The shape of the arm is akin an octopus' tentacle without the suction cups. It is significantly thicker, however, and drops as low as the knees of it's wielder. The arm is consists out of the tentacle itself and tiny teethed fragments with textures reminiscent of lodestones. The fragments normally latch onto the arm with their teeth and their proximity to one another causes electrical currents. The tentacle itself, because of constant exposure to this raw energy, looks (and smells) like burnt muscle tissue.

Cancer Arm Weapon Description: Hal controls the polarity of it's fragments; allowing it to fire them by repelling them with opposite charges. The fragments dig their teeth into their targets. While their bite does not go very deep, they can maintain a very powerful grip on almost any substance. Hal can control the polarity of these fragments both remotely and individually.

The electrical field surrounding the arm itself also functions as a dangerous weapons. It is exclusively for melee purposes and it's strength depends on how many fragments are attached to the base. The more fragments; the stronger the charge. It can shock or paralyze on contact.

Other Cancer Arm Enhancements:
    • Shock resistance.
    • Instinctive awareness of fragments their location.
    • Internal compass.

Personality: Hal's sleep pattern is reminiscent of other powerful predators; having little to fear from his environment he spends a large amount of his time asleep. Hal is mostly of docile character; other life forms do not interest him terribly much. When Hal is hungry, vulnerable or threatened, however, he turns ruthless and blood-thirsty. Much akin an ambush predator, Hal prefers to stalk his prey or lie in wait until opportunity present itself over a direct confrontation. Though a patient hunter, make no mistake, Hal's desire to eat and kill is no less compelling than that of his more aggressive brethren.

Tell me about your First Encounter/Infection with the Cancer Arm:

"That's why you beamed me up, Scotty? Didn't think you'd actually let me see it." Jordan slammed the door of his half-brother's gray Opel Corsa. It was past midnight when they'd parked in front of what on the outside looked like an abandoned warehouse. Underneath it, however, laid secrets not privy to the common man.

"Careful with that." Scott Gardner snarled, not even bothering to glance at Jordan as he manually locked the car. "And don't be dull. You can't help me if you don't know what you're looking for."

All the way from the parking lot to the warehouse' entrance, Scott looking left and right as if he was crossing one big road. Jordan on the other hand, twirled the cap of the flask in his pocket. The man's breath reeked of it's contents. This was a big venture for the both of them. The half-brothers wouldn't speak a word until they'd reached the elevator inside the building.

"May wanna turn off those lights if you want to keep your secrets." Jordan pointed out when Scott summoned the elevator. "Hobos sleep in these places, you can't hire security to chase them off your property."

"Mind your own business." Scott muttered, twiddling his thumbs waiting for the elevator to arrive. "Just shut up and get in. You know you're not supposed to be here." He said when the bell rung and the doors opened. There was enough room in the elevator to transport a forklift.

"Relax. Nobody's this much overtime." Jordan tossed up, but he could almost see the blood rush through his half-brother's veins. "I'm sure it'll be fine."

When the elevator doors opened at B2, rather than the giant dusty open space on the ground floor, this level of the building was squeaky clean. The hall they arrived in was narrow and poorly lit even after flipping the switch, with cables running alongside the walls - eventually disappearing inside of them. The centerpiece of it all however, was a door that looked like it belonged to a strongroom.

"You know Scotty, if I were a suspicious hobo-"

"Don't even think about finishing that line of thought." Scott interrupted Jordan. He shouldered past his half-brother and rummaged in his pockets for the keys. He pulled out not one, but three different keys, each for a corresponding lock and then input a four number code behind a slide on the middle of the door. It was too dark for Jordan to be able to copy it, which, if it weren't for that same darkness, Scott would have been able to read the disappointment on his face.

Behind the safe door, there was a laboratory set up. Strange and massive machines that Jordan couldn't place or name stood next the walls through which the cables traveled and connected to the alien devices. The room, though clean and seemingly structured, had chairs scattered all over the place. Most notably around glass containment cells... In which sat the most alien of it all.

"Jesus, what is that!" Jordan bellowed in surprise, as he laid his eyes on the fungal blob within it. All hairs on Scott's neck jumped up, startled by Jordan's outcry.

"Shut up." He hissed.

"Is that what aliens look like? I always just sort of assumed they'd be closer to Marvin the Martian."

"Well they don't." Scott snarled again. "This is what's causing people to disappear."

"I'm not sure what's harder to believe. Mushroom kidnappers or UFO's." Jordan chucked, as he pulled out the flask from his pocket and took a swig. "You're not pulling my leg, are you Scotty?"

"No. This creature here is likely what cost you whatever trash you were writing." Scott explained. "We found... What's her name-"

"Lara Stewart. Bless her soul." Jordan filled in, tapping his flask and bowing his head. "And her work. Woman must have reserved an entire room just for her Oscars."

"Well. We found traces of alien DNA on what remained of her body." Scott said, his nose wrinkling at the memory of the sight. "This exact same type of alien."

"But how can this tiny thing swallow almost an entire woman?" Jordan wondered aloud, tipping his flask once more. He walked closer to the glass container and put his eye against it to study the fungal blob. "It's not even moving, it looks kind of dead. I don't get it Scotty, why do you think-"

"Get back!"

Jordan heard his half-brother shout and the glass crack at the same time. Whatever seemed dead a second ago had thrown itself against the glass; straight where his face had been a second ago. Startled, Jordan stepped backwards; tumbling over one of the chairs. The alien rammed the glass a second time, this time scattering shards of it's container all across the floor. Jordan crawled backwards. His heart beat in his throat and sweat ran down his back. "Scott, what the hell!" Jordan cried. His shivering fingers grabbed the seat of the chair as he tried to stand up, but before he could – A sharp bite pierced his flesh! "Get it off, get it off!" He shouted, trying to pull the fungal alien off of him, but instead it's teeth dug deeper and something cold crawled through his skin; infiltrating his very being.

In that moment, Jordan Gardner knew he would never again be the same man again.
  • Theme Song:

Would you like to play as a NPC? Possibly.
    Would you like to play as a Cancer Monster? Possibly.

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: 1 person
HEY! I thought of a question today that I wanted to ask about this RP! Does the cancer core's location correlate in any way to the location of the weapon? Like, @WeepingLiberty 's character has her kitsune. So, does the core have to be somewhere in/near her lower back to have control over that part of the body, or could the core be in something obscure like her left foot and still maintain control over the weapon?

Ok, so it does have to be near the weapon? How far is the area of influence for the core? Like, how far away can it be?

My CS should be finished now and ready for review. Sorry for the delay. I think @WeepingLiberty finished hers too (correct me if I'm wrong.)

How's the OOC coming along? And everyone else's sheets?

My cs is getting there! I've been pecking away at it here and there, and I'm really happy with my idea so far! But I've been working more on the picture than my character, so I'll probably get it done after I'm finished with the picture!

I have the story ready, I just need to get it written down. That's the hardest part for me, getting the idea down on text. But this is still good to go, and I've accepted both you and @WeepingLiberty

Also, thanks for the interest and help! I believe I've got something pretty neat in store for y'all

Hey, @Kestrel I have a bit of an idea! You said in your character sheet that Jordan is a drug user? Well, I was planning on having Bruno (my character) being a drug dealer. So, maybe we could have some sort of interaction or something between them outside of being people eating monsters. Like, maybe Jordan has bought from Bruno before so they know each other? I dunno. I just thought that we could do some kind of thing with our characters that wasn't trying to murder each other. :P

Well, I was moreso thinking of alcohol and medical drugs. Though, some under the counter extra's that weren't exactly on the doctor's prescription papers could work out.

Alright, I didn't know you meant medical drugs! But I hope we can still manage something! I actually got pretty excited when I saw that our characters could have some sort of druggie interactions. :P

Hey there. I've been a-going through you guys' characters. I'm still in this, chief, it's just that I'm planning on making a native resident guy, so I thought I should see how Hollow actually is first before I can adjust him accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.