Camp Demigod(OOC thread, still accepting!)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, I'm sure you will.
Now I shall fly away on my magic flying hat...thing

Well the ruhk... But I also have jiggles.. I know how much Aladdin loves them haha A hug for Aladdin!

Last edited:
th

Just Aladdin. Alibaba can sit with my cousin, she is really wonderful.

tumblr_static_270px-ekaterina.png

Haha aw how cute! I love when there are people that understand my humor.

=D Alrighty. I am ready for people to hop on so we can post some more.

My apologies. The thread stopped alerting me and I thought things had gone quiet. Let me drum up a real quick history so I can hopefully join.

Name: Devika
Ethnicity: Black/African-American
Godly parent: Anansi (West African/Ghanian) /Unknown shamaness
Personality: Devika is warmhearted and creative. She loves to spin stories, writing them, acting them out, or simply absorbing a group in an exciting tale. Sometimes she gets a bit too clever for her own good- perhaps her father's influence. She seems to be able to step into another identity altogether, falling into a designed role so well that she could almost trick herself. Underneath the tricks, she's a sweethearted, rather geeky young woman.
Biography: Devika was found in a city park as an infant. Her parents were a pair of lawyers, married but childless. When they found Devika, they did everything in their power to locate her birth parents or any family. That failed, and so they adopted the child as their own.
While Devika grew up in a loving home, she was always curious about the circumstances of her birth. There was always a little hole in her, not knowing who she truly was or who she'd come from, and why they'd abandoned her.
Around her 15th birthday, she began to fall into trances when writing. She would awake to find that she'd somehow been writing in her sleep, but the words were not hers. Through the years, her godly father Anansi communicated with her, telling her information through riddles and double-speak. He taught her to harness her skills, to talk herself in and out of trouble, to weave tales for the ages, and to fight when words weren't enough to settle the score. As soon as she was of legal age, Devika's parents reluctantly let her go, and Devika used the clues her father had given her to reach the camp. She wants more answers, and is determined to find them.
Appearance: Devika is about 5'8, quite curvy and solid. She has dark hair that is kinky and wild, she usually wears it loose. Her eyes are light brown, she has dimples when she smiles, and she usually wears silver glasses.

Powers:
Expert trickster- Devika is an excellent liar, one so good that she could almost trick herself. Mortals don't stand a chance; she could tell them that the sky is falling, and their minds would fill the gaps to make the story true. Her fellow demigods might be harder to trick, depending on parentage and intelligence.
Shapeshifter- Devika isn't perfect at it, but she can take the form of a spider. Unfortunately, it is a very large spider, something along the lines of a tarantula the size of a cat. It tends to freak people out, so she hasn't found much use for it.
Knowledge Gift- Devika seems to be able to transmit information to people. Her speech slips into something older than the written word, and whoever she speaks to hears it in their own native tongue. She can only transmit what she knows and understands.
Resilience- Devika learned to fight without armor, with nothing but her bare hands and her own strength. She can take a hit and keep on coming. Her training has made her tolerance for pain very high, and she's reached a point where only well-trained mortals (think cops or professional level fighters/martial artists) can bruise her. Even so, she is able to fight until she's unconscious- pain won't stop her.
Trace Writing- Devika can slip into a trance-like state, and her hands will continue to write. Her father will communicate with her this way; the handwriting and wording is not her own. When she awakes, she will not remember what is spoken, but the words are all there on paper.
Pets: None, but the cabin where she resides is remarkably free of pesky insects, aside from spiders. Devika doesn't fear them, and secretly considers them somewhat like cousins.

Weapons:

Nguni sticks and shield- each stick is about 4 feet long, the shield is about the length of her forearm.
Laamba- a form of wrestling

Other:

-Devika knows how to fight, but will only do it as a last resort. She would much prefer to talk herself out of a battle.
-Under no circumstances should snyone gamble with Devika. Any game where bluffing is required should be avoided at all costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.