Caged

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tafari tried to understand what Nexx was saying. The right led to unpleasantness? He believed that is what it meant so they would not want to go that way. The left did not sound much better though, with weird pills. That was what they were drugged with, right? He did not know. His eyes narrowed for a few seconds and then it struck him. "Zoey map?" She was the last to have the map he thought. Maybe she still had it.

Zoey thought on the two choices. She didn't like the sound of either. 'Pills? unpleasantness?' While in thought she then heard Tafari ask about the map and gave a smile. "Oh yeah I forgot I still had that." She then began to look in her pockets soon finding the map in the front left pocket. She pulled it out then opened then she held it so they all three could see it and read the map.

Nexx looked over the big pice of paper Zoey had. It was covered in strange symbols that he couldn't understand. Poor Nexx didn't see that he was reading the map upside down.

Tafari stared at the paper. If he was right at where the room they were trapped in was then he could follow a path they took.. A feeling of uncertainty washed over him. He felt he was getting a basic understanding of the map after seeing they layout of the halls but he was still not a hundred percent sure. He would leave the decision of which way to go to Zoey.

Zoey looked at the paper. Knowing once more she was probable going to be the one to make yet another decision. 'This must be the most decision making I've done in my whole life. I hope I don't screw this up...' She looked closely simple for the thing saying exit somewhere near there current location. She wasn't sure where would be the right way that either A would led them only out, B led them only to there friends or C maybe both. She felt like doing iny meany miny mo but knew there probable wasn't time for that. She gave a sigh finally coming to a decision 'I don't wont to be the one to led us to danger but pills sound just as bad. But danger can be much worse so I guess left.' She thought then spoke only her answer out loud to the others. "I guess the wise option might be left and if we find an exit sign we can take a moment and think if an emergency exit would be wise maybe make sure that there isn't something that opening it would set off an alarm." She then once more began to led the way just as before slow so the others one could keep up and two to give her time to warn the others if they need to hide.

Sitting cross-legged and alone in a cell, Willow was silently twirling her hair around her finger. Seeming somewhere around fifteen to sixteen years old, she had short hair that waved slightly and reached about to her shoulders. Hanging down into her eyes, and blonde in color, her hair was so light that in some settings it seemed almost white. She had orange eyes, and a pale complexion; though that seemed more due to the fact that she was tired and hadn't been outside in quite some time than anything.

Humming quietly to herself, she stared at the ground silently in an attempt to stave off the boredom. Though it was silly, and something she would have been embarrassed about if there was anyone else around, she really had nothing else to do. After all, she had been alone for a while now, and had she run out of things to talk to herself about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tafari nodded his approval at Zoey's choice. Left was a good option. He would not have been opposed to going right but that was not important. It was best to live for the moment and tackle challenges as they came along. He followed, ready to strike if a guard or scientist came along. The main thought he allowed into his mind was to wonder if they would meet the others on the other side of whatever door they found. Not known to any of them, they were following the same path that Amoret had led Sean and Spencer and that it was only a matter of minutes before they reached the same door of escape.

The man who called himself Jackal stared at a screen. At first glance it looked as if nothing could bother him or cause any sort of reaction out of him. Upon closer inspection one would see a slight glint in his eyes, a glint that portrayed annoyance and a bit of anger. It was not in his plan for the puppets to let Nexx out of his cage. He had planned on using the boy. He wanted to open a darkness in him that could be set loose upon the other puppets and serve as a great source of entertainment. It seemed his plans would have to change. There was still one he could use. He did not know much about her but she was the opposite direction in which they went. He would have to the girl for himself. Only time would tell if she could be any use to him.
He got out of his chair slowly, not in any hurry, and headed towards a cell a few hallways down. The guards never thought to keep an eye on the single cells so he was able to take his keys out and unlock it with no trouble. He creaked open the door and smiled down at the girl, Willow. "Hello dear."

At the sound of Jackal's voice, Willow abruptly stopped humming. Slamming her hands against the ground, she glanced up at him, narrowing her eyes into a glare. Never having been a very friendly girl, she had become increasingly hostile the longer she was left in this place. Though she was known to show anger towards others her own age, it was especially directed towards adults, as she had long ago come to believe they were all bad. Twisting her face up into a scowl, she gave an annoyed huff before finally responding. "Don't call me that."

Zoey keep walking leading the way. She wasn't sure where this hall would take them or if it was the same way as Spencer, Amoret, and Sean. Finally she saw a door. She breathed not sure what would be behind it but it looked like it might be the way out and for all she knew the others where on the other side waiting for them. She placed her hand on the knob and slowly opened it to reveal what was on the other side. Her eyes grew wide seeing that it looked to be the outside. 'Could this really be it?' She wondered then looked to the others. "I guess we should go through and hope it's the way out. What do you think?" She said not seeing if the others where inside yet or not for she was to amazed that it seemed to be the outside but at the same time she had a slight sense of dought that it could be a room like the one she had found herself in to begin with in this place.

Nexx looked at the "exit." "That room... I think it's lying." His voice had a touch of venom like the room had bullied him in high school. His ear twitched. What was that? Two voices, one was annoyed, the other... creepy.

Tafari gave a confused look towards Nexx. "Rooms no speak." He was not great with all the new advancements in this strange place but the one thing he did know was that an inanimate object could not initiate a conversation. Could it? He would have been blown away if he knew you could talk to certain objects and they would talk back. Without a second thought he pushed through the door and was greeted with a forest. This seemed just like the room they had left.. He walked a few paces out and turned around, looking up. To his relief he could see the roof of the building. Surely there would not be a building in a building, especially one as large as what they had just escaped. No. They had to be outside. When he turned back toward the forest he was greeted by a nice surprise.

Spencer waited behind a bush. He had been waiting awhile and was starting to get worried. What would he do if they did not come out? He could not last on his own. Sure he had Sean and Amoret but how much good would they be? He would be doomed. He tried to stay still but his body would not listen. His leg started to twitch and his worry intensified. A few seconds later those emotions quickly changed to one of relief and happiness. The door opened and he was relieved to see he knew the people behind it. It took him a few seconds to untangle his twitching leg that got stuck in the bush. Freeing himself he stepped out and greeted his friends.

The first thought that popped into Jackal's head was to narrow his eyes and say 'No? How about doll. Or better yet puppet. That is all you have become.' It was tempting but he did neither of these things. What he did do was kneel down and give the girl a reassuring smile. It showed both concern and understanding. Both emotions seemed so real. It would make it nearly impossibly for one to realize this man was devoid of ethical judgement and most feelings. That he was the walking definition of moral insanity. With the concerned smile the man spoke quietly. "I am sorry. I did not mean to disturb you. I just thought you might want to be free of this place. There are no guards around at the moment and I could show you the way out. It is a good time to try. It is all up to you though."

Willow's immediate reaction to the man's words was one of skepticism. He couldn't be serious, could he? It must be a lie. Though she wasn't entirely sure why he would lie to her, she also couldn't figure out any reason for him to take the risk of helping her escape. Despite her doubts, however, she wasn't sure she could stand staying at this awful place much longer. Her desire to be free came second only to her hatred for those who had trapped her here in the first place. Even if he did have ulterior motives, she couldn't end up worse off than she was now. Right? Besides, he seemed sincere enough.
After debating for a few moments, she finally gave a small nod of her head. Though she still didn't trust him, it was worth a try.
Standing up, she glared silently at Jackal for a bit longer, before glancing over at the door. "Fine, let's go." She said, a slight edge to her voice. "This better not be some sort of sick joke though, or I'm gonna be really pissed."

Zoey looked around a bit better and smiled seeing the roof of the place or she hoped it was. If it was a building within a building she did not know but if it was that would just be weird. She then noticed Spencer coming to greet them and wave. She had heard Nexx's words but didn't really think much on it. "Hey Spencer." She said greeting him. "So this is Nexx." She said introducing the boy from the room they had found. "So I guess we should plan on heading anywhere but here hu." She said not sure what the plan should be from here.

"I don't joke." Jackal said, a slight darkness laced the words. His gaze held Willow for a moment before turning away. He did not take it kindly when people questioned him. Comedians joked and he was no comedian. He also rarely ever lied. Jackal walked out the door and casually scanned the area. The hallways were empty. He started walking down the hall and his body became more relaxed. "The names Jackal." He said while turning his head to make sure Willow was following, and a small smile on his face. Whatever had come over him moments earlier was gone. "If not dear, what should I call you?"

"Yes we should definitely get away from here." Spencer said, waving at Nexx. Formalities would have to wait until later. "I sent Sean and Amoret and to look for a place we could stay until we planned out next move. They headed that way." He pointed into the forest where the ground sloped up a bit. "It seems to go up at least a little ways so hopefully we can find a high point and see the rest of the surroundings." He watched Tafari head in the direction he indicated. That guy was always go go go when the time came to it. "I suppose it is best not to leave lovely ladies waiting." He smiled at Zoey and then spoke to both her and Nexx. "You two can go first. I will take the rear."

Zoey smiled at Spencer and listened to him. She turned to look where the others had gone and watched as Tafari began to head after the other two. She blushed at Spencer's words when he called her beautiful. "Thanks" She said and began to follow the way she watched Tafari go.

Willow detected a hint of something sinister in Jackal's voice. Though it was subtle, the suddenness of it caused her to pause for a moment. Feeling her doubts flare up once again, she considered staying in her cell. The thought was temporary however, for the moment she saw him step out of the door she followed. Her desire for freedom was simply too great to resist this opportunity, regardless of whether Jackal could be trusted. With fists clenched tightly, and her entire body tensed, she glanced around with narrowed eyes. Though there didn't appear to be anyone in the hallways, the mere idea of trying to escape put her on edge. It took her a few moments to register what Jackal had said, but when she did she trained her attention back on him. "Jackal...?" She mumbled, skepticism audible in her voice. "That sounds legit..." She paused, before answering his question. "Use my name. It's Willow."

Heart beating quickly Spencer tried his best to keep an eye behind him while still following the others. Even though he was terrified of being caught he could not help but smile. It all seemed to be going good so far, now it counted on that Sean and Amoret had found a place to hide. Luckily a few minutes later that question was answered. Amoret was waiting for them. Not wanting to waste time she led them to a cave. The whole was small and they would have to crawl through it, not to mention Tafari would have a tough time getting through, but she insisted it was bigger inside and even had light. "I don't know." Spencer said. As usually Tafari was not going to wait and Spencer watched him crawl through inch by inch. "Can't say I like small spaces but I suppose there is no other choice." He gave an uncertain smile to Zoey.

"Willow..not a name I would give to something but it will do." Jackal barely registered the hallways as they went. He had been here so long it was not necessary. Unlike the small party of escapees he would have Willow to the outside in a matter of seconds. Her cell had been close to his room and he had insisted having his room close to the outside since nature provided excellent material for magic tricks. It would have been annoying to have to walk through the building for several minutes just to gain entrance to the outdoors. "As you can tell this place has kept you easily confined and likes to keep experiments locked up tight. You will soon discover even more of that out for yourself. Oh how easy it is to keep a being caged." Jackal turned a knob and stepped out into the sunlight.

Reactions: Cwolf0615
Zoey followed Tafari meeting Amoret and Sean. She She looked to see Spencer right behind them. She then followed the way Amoret began to lead them and saw the entrance to a cave for a moment she had a questioning look. She wasn't sure if the whole was going to big enough for each of them to fit in. She soon then saw Tafari once more not wasting time and headed for the whole slowly making his way through. She turned when Spencer spoke and saw his smile which brought a smile to her own face. "Can't say I do either." She stated not being a fan of tight places.

Reactions: Cwolf0615
"At least it's not a made up name." Willow grumbled, at one of Jackal's latest remarks.
'not a name I would give to something'
She couldn't help but be annoyed by a comment like that. After all, there was nothing wrong with her name. She even almost found it pretty. It just had a nice ring to it. She certainly liked it more than something boring like Jennifer, or Tiffany. If there was one thing her parents had done right by her, it was give her a nice name. Of course, that didn't make up for their long list of failures, but it was something.

She let it slide though. She certainly wouldn't forget what he had said, but there was no use starting an argument over something so small at a moment like this. Even she knew there were more important things to be doing. Instead, she focused on Jackal's behavior as he walked along. He moved effortlessly, as if not the least bit lost or nervous. She wondered what his role was here. Was he a scientist? It certainly didn't seem like it. Maybe another experiment? It was possible... but... then why wasn't he locked up? And how did he know the way out? Maybe she'd ask. It might make him mad, but she didn't really care.

As she was deciding whether or not to do this, they reached the door. Pausing, Willow stared for a few moments, seeming hesitant to step outside. She wasn't really scared of the consequences of leaving, no, that certainly wasn't it. They couldn't do anything worse to her than they already had. Why, she imagined she'd rather be dead than locked up. It's not like being stuck in a cage counted as living, anyways. It was just... it had been so long since she was outside. As silly as it may have been, she was nervous. After taking a few deep breaths, she finally got up the resolve to step out into the open. Shading her eyes from the sun, she glanced around, seeming almost in awe of the fact that she was no longer stuck inside the lab.

Sean gave Spencer a hateful glare as he waited for Amoret the crawl through. He was glad Tafari had went first in case he and Amoret had missed anything when they went in the first time. All seemed to be well since he could not hear any sound coming from the other side. Once he could not see Amoret he got on his hands and knees and moved forward. It helped to have a small frame. He could feel the walls pressing in around him but it gave comfort instead of fear. This was something most people would not understand. Spaces like this provided a protection, a cloak to hide in when others were around. It was something he gripped tightly to. The thought was too ingrained to ever let go.

Spencer put his arms behind his head and rocked back and forth on the heels of his feet. The others had entered the..cave? like there was nothing to it. The thing is there was something to it. Being a lover of large surrounding, well, it made it hard to enter a place that would squeeze and suffocate. There would be no openness in a place like that. His thoughts consumed him for a few seconds before he shook them off. "If we don't go in soon Tafari will come back and force us inside. So, uh, do you want to go first or should I?" He asked Zoey.

Jackal's lip twitched when Willow said his name was fake. He was trying to keep calm but that was hard when the thing you wanted to control had control over you. No, trying to fight a deeper part of yourself was similar to a rat taking on a cobra. The one could not win. Luckily the remark was not enough to make him snap. It was just a bit of misunderstanding, that is all. She did not understand the workings and meanings his name contained. By looking at it's meaning that is not a real meaning you would come to find a definition of himself.

"My dear, I mean Willow, I do not consider a name I have had for years as made up. Far from it actually. I also consider it real as it holds within it the name given to me by my parents." Let my father burn in Hell after I am done with him. Jackal held his golden gaze on Willow. "Jack may be the name I was born with but Jackal is what I am figuratively and literally."

After his little speech, in which he would let Willow judge the importance of, he watched her actions as she stepped outside. How amusing. It was if she had just walked into the land of Oz. Or so it seemed. The joy people could get from something so petty was beyond him, but at least he could use those feelings to get to people. He licked his lips and stared unfazed at the surroundings. "It won't bite." He said, referring to the sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.