Caged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zoey smiled at Tafari glad he was that Tafari seemed happy. She nodded at Spencer's thought and once she saw him go she began to follow. Then when he mentioned another she ran to the door than stepped outside beside him. She looked to see the other kid. "I think your right we might should."

Seeing new people, a board Nexx waved. These people where different from the wight coat men. In fact they looked like other pill- takers. This brought his mind to escape, or today is explore day. He didn't know.

Spencer chewed his bottom lip in thought. It was only right to help this other boy escape but it would be wrong if they all got caught. "I think only one or two of us should stay here and help. We will need to find a key so it could be difficult since we don't know how much time we have before anyone comes back. The rest of us should get out of this building and go find help, that way if the ones that stay behind do get captured those of us that escaped will be able to help everyone out." He was not sure everyone would agree but it was the best he could think of. "Amoret should lead the main group out of the building so that leaves the rest of us to decide what to do."

Zoey listened to Spencer and thought. "Well you guys have been here long enough..." She paused before continuing as if not sure how they would react to what she was about to say. "So um... I think that means I need to be one of the ones to stay if were going to help him." She then rubbed the back of her neck a moment. "And after I and whoever else gets him then we can meet up with the main group. If we don't get caught of course." She then moved her hand and put it back to her side and waited to see what the others thought.

Spencer wanted to be the one to stay and help but he knew Tafari would object. Tafari had been here longer than anyone and should be the first to get out of here but there was not way he could make his friend agree with him. It seemed like it would be himself, Amoret, and Sean leaving the building. He looked up at Tafari. "I know what you will say and I can't talk you out of it but you should at least know what you are looking for. You are not looking for a regular key like the one that unlocks our door. This one takes a key card. It looks like a-" He was about to say credit card but Tafari would not know what that was either. "Never mind. Zoey will know what it is. Just beat up anyone that comes near and make sure to make it out." He then spoke to everyone. "Everything sound good?"

Sean huffed and glared at Spencer through his sweatshirt. He would rather not be in any group with bird boy but was not about to speak up. Instead he gave a nod to Amoret and headed off in the direction she was hovering. He heard her wish Tafari and Zoey good luck and then felt her beside him. Why him? He did not understand why she had not given up. He had to admit to himself he did not mind it anymore. He sort of enjoyed her company.

Zoey nodded. "Okay." She gave a reassuring smile. "Well meet back up maybe latter then." She breathed and thought. 'So we need a different sort of key... Maybe like a card... Like in the movies, which I guess is better than needing a pass code.' She looked at the others once more probable before they all would split ways for the time being or so she hoped that would be the case. "Good luck and stay safe. I'm sure me and Tafari will be just fine."

Tafari patted Spencer on the shoulder and Spencer nearly fell over. He tried not to laugh as Spencer gave him a weird look and then smiled. Good. His friend would be safe, as would all the others. He only had to keep one person safe and that would not be too hard, or so he hoped. Tafari looked at Zoey and was completely lost. He knew they had to find a key to open the door but that was easier said than done. "What way?" It seemed they could either follow the way the others went or go the opposite.

Amoret walked lightly through the hallways. It was not too hard but this place was a maze. She hoped she was going the right way as she led them through twists and turns. There were times she would take them down an abandoned hallway until a scientist passed by. She would then half to backtrack and hope that they would not be heard.

Zoey looked at Tarafi. "Well first we might want to get him out of there." She looked knowing they couldn't go backwards or follow the others for if they were found that wouldn't end well. 'Hmm.. We need a key...' She glanced to see if maybe there was a room similar to an office or just somewhere that maybe some keys would have been left. "I think maybe we can get a key this way." She said pointing to a place that led to another room but you could see an open desk space as well. "I think there might be a key in there and then we could get that guy out. And maybe he might know some how places we don't." She then led the way into the room and lucky the door was open. Zoey smiled. 'So far so good...'

Nexx's eyes widened and he tried to tell the new people not to go in. He then realized they could not hear him and frowned. That was the Big Bad Man's place. All he could do is hope that he was busy.

Tafari followed Zoey into the room. He knew he would be no use in the search since he was clueless at what to look for so he decided to stand watch. "I watch." If a guard came he would spring into action and take the guy down before he got a chance to call for help. He would not allow anyone to be put back in that room. His muscles tensed as he waited and hoped that Zoey would find the key.

It took a few minutes more but Spencer smiled as he saw a door. It did not look like the usual doors they had passed and he just knew it led to the outside. It was strange that no alarms had been sounded but maybe they were just lucky today. The guard that was suppose to be on duty probably did not expect anything to happen so took a long break. Stepping in front of Sean and Amoret he opened the door and took a long breath of fresh air. He had been right. They were finally free. A strange shudder went down his spine as he looked around. They had emerged into a clearing and that clearing was surrounded by trees, just like the room had been.

Zoey nodded when Tafari mentioned keeping watch. "Okay good idea." Zoey went over straight for the desk and began to look through papers and such to see if by chance an activation card or a key of some sort was hidden. She noticed a computer on the desk and smiled seeing a card slightly hidden under it. 'Ah I think I found it.' She looked at the computer screen and noticed it was locked. 'I hope I did for if not and since I have no idea about a password I might not find anything else...' Zoey grabbed the card and looked to Tafari. "I think I found it. So lets get out of here and try and help that kid out. Then maybe we can all meet back up and safely get out of here."

Tafari gave a nod and approached the door that held the kid captive. He still had no clue how a key worked on this thing, especially if it did not take a normal key. He allowed the question to float in his mind for a few seconds before letting it float away. He could just watch what Zoey did, but he was not sure he cared that much. If push came to shove he could just break the door down. The only reason he could not do that for the room they were trapped in is that he could not get at the right parts of the door. Plus, it makes a difference which way the door swings and which side you are on. The key would be the best option for this though since breaking the door down would cause a lot of noise.

"Now what?" Sean hissed. They had escaped the building and were surrounded by forest. It may help them hide but who was to say the scientists did not know the forest inside and out. It would be a miracle if they could find a good enough hiding spot. Hiding. That's all his life has been. He had to hide from bullies, then from some of his mother's boyfriends, and now it seemed he had to hide to stay alive. His lip curled as Spencer spoke but he listened. The other boy said he would hide near here and wait for the others while Sean and Amoret headed in one direction to find a spot they could stay until they were able to think of what to do next. The plan was good enough for him. At least he would escape the others, except for Amoret of course. Without replying he headed in a random direction.

Zoey approached the door and looked where the key needed to go. She gave a small smile then lifted the key to the slot. She slide the key waiting to hear the results. Soon the door made a slight beep as though to unlock for it was only a second that the sound had lasted. She then put her hand back by her side and held the key then she turned to see if it worked. Waited to see if the door opened on it's own or if it need to be opened by hand.

The door slid open, revealing a gleeful looking Nexx and a slightly dented paper cup. He stood up and looked at the girl in front of the slidey thing. "Your nice. And pretty." He said in a weak but happy voice.

Tafari looked at the boy. There was something strange about him, other than the fact that he was like them and had animal mix. He could not hang around and try to figure out what was up. They had to get out of the building. "Come." He said, pointing in the direction the others went.

ooc: for me that is a short reply >.< I feel so brain dead right now.

Zoey looked at the new boy and at his comment she knew she might be blushing for her cheeks felt warm. She wasn't use to people calling her pretty so hearing it from others usually would result in her slightly blushing. "Um...Thanks." She said giving a shy smile. Zoey agreed with Tafari that they need to go and find the others. "He's right we need to meet up with our friends. I guess we can talk while we go but we will need to be careful." She said then began to slowly lead the way that way she could make sure the others were following.

Nexx obediently fallowed behind the others. He limped from a past punishment that snapped his leg for a while and had only just healed from. "What are your names?" He asked curiously.

The large Ethiopian turned to look at the newcomer, giving him a crocodile smile. "Name Tafari." He glanced around and came to a stop. Ahead was two different directions they could take and he was at a loss. "Know way?" He asked Nexx. This was very close to where he was kept so he hoped the boy had learned something from the scientists. He had to get back to the others and they had to get out of here. The feeling of helplessness caused his mouth to twitch.

Zoey glanced at Nexx. "I'm Zoey." She then came to a stop and like Tafari was at a lost on where to go next. She also wasn't sure which way her friends might have gone. "So if you know the way I guess your turn to led. If not iny meany miny mo?" She asked not sure of another option.

Nexx's face went blank when he was asked a question. He struggled to remember where the two hallways led. "Ummm..." He tapped his clawed finger against his chin. "Righty, nasty. Lefty, weird pills."

Status
Not open for further replies.