Caged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her comment about Jackal's name must have struck a nerve. At least, that's what Willow assumed, since he started in on a rather long speech. What a bore. She didn't even bother listening; instead she simply nodded her head.
"Jackal is what I am figuratively and literally."
How stupid. What was that even supposed to mean? Not that she cared. It still sounded made up to her. But oh well, she'd just let it go. After all, she was outside; She wasn't locked up in some dumb little room anymore! There was no reason to spend this time bickering with some weird old guy about whether or not his name was real.

Turning her attention back to her surroundings, she continued to glance around. It was so strange, to be out in the open again. She could hardly believe it. How long had it been since she'd been locked away in this awful place? Days? Months? Years? It had felt like years. No, not just years, it had felt like decades, centuries, maybe even millenniums. When it came to an actual amount of time, though, she could give none. For the moment, she was absolutely clueless. She didn't know what day it was, she didn't know for sure why they had took her, and she didn't know where she was. She didn't like that, the not knowing; It made her feel helpless, and that was certainly not a feeling she liked. Why, it was probably one of her least favorite feelings in the entire world.

Upon hearing his latest utterance, Willow shot her gaze over towards Jackal for a moment, and allowed her arm to drop back to her side. "I know that!" She snapped quickly, letting out a small huff. "I have been outside before."
She had found his words slightly unnerving. Had it really been that obvious she was nervous? She hated when people noticed things like that. She didn't want them to think she was weak. She wasn't, after all! She was tough, she wasn't a stupid fraidy cat like some other kids her age. ...Right? She had been nervous to go outside. Only a real idiot would feel like that. Then again, maybe she was getting herself worked up over nothing. He might not have even meant anything by what he said. He did seem weird, after all. For all she knew he might not have even suspected she was feeling a bit afraid.

Zoey watched as Sean and Amoret she watched till they seemed to vanish inside. Looking she wondered how she would feel in a small space with the others. She was fine being out and the open where there was space near a group but when it came to a small space being almost trapped she wasn't a fan on the idea. When Spencer spoke it pulled her out of her thoughts. "Umm..." She said not sure what to answer she didn't care to go first but she wasn't sure she would go in if she was last. She finally made a destitution. "I guess I might should go first... I'm not sure if I would go in other wise..." She stated explaining her thoughts on why. Then she got on her hands and feet then began to crawl. Zoey at first closed her eyes hoping to fit okay in the whole and luckily didn't seem to find any problems with it. She then opened her eyes and crawled fully through meeting the others on the other side. Zoey let out a small sigh of relief not feeling to trapped at the moment. She then bent back down facing the whole. "Okay your turn." She called out then stood up to wait on Spencer.

ooc: Sorry guys. I have been so tired lately and just can't think that well. That is what I get for taking a semester off of college I guess.

bic:
Annoying little puppet. Jackal did not care for the snappy attitude to be used on him. In fact, he despised it and if it was not for the fact that he planned to use this girl things might have gotten violent. It was only that little spark of entertainment that kept him under control. All good things took time but his patience was slowly dwindling. It was not this girl that caused his patience to drop. If anything she was going to help slow the drop. No, it was having to be in this place that was getting to him. He wanted out but knew that was not possible. At least not for a little bit longer.
"Do you plan on standing there all day? I am not sure what you hope to do now but I don't think standing here is the greatest idea." His eyes slowly moved to look at the building they had just left. A small smile crept to his face. "Who knows how the guards will react when they find you gone." He did not think they would make a big deal about it. They had done nothing about the others who escaped and he partially knew why. "I will even come with..for a little ways at least. You may have questions that I could help answer."

If Zoey made it safely in then that meant he could too, right? Everyone else had done it and he could imagine what he would be labeled as if he did not try. Spencer the coward. That would never do. He had to be impressive. That is at least what he has been aiming for with both brains and attitude. What girl would want only a smart guy? He had to do this. Keeping his breathing even he got onto the ground and started crawling. The walls pressing in started to cause him to panic but it was only a moment later and he was to the other side. Blinking, it only took his eyes a moment to adjust. The reason for this was there was a hole in the roof above them that let light in. For a cave it was quite large and they could all sleep comfortably. "I guess this is not so bad."

Reactions: Cwolf0615
Zoey waited to see Spencer come through. When he arrived she smiled at him she listened to his words and nodded. "Yeah. It's bigger than it appeared hu?" She said with a reassuring smiled then she turned to look around once more seeing the size yet again as if the first time she imagined it being this big.

Amoret watched as Sean went to hide in a corner of the cave. She had seen the look on his face before we turned away from them and she wished she could help him understand that there was nothing to be afraid of. They were not out to hurt him. At least he was starting to accept her. That thought of that made her happy and as much as she wanted to go sit with him she knew it would be best if she listened to see if anyone had a plan. Water would be highest up on the list, right above finding help she supposed. Waiting to hear what the others would say she joined Tafari and took a seat on the rocky ground.

"What a relief." Spencer said cheerfully. "I doubt anyone will find us in here." He walked to the middle of the cave and looked up at the sky. The sun was going down and in only an hour or two it would be dark. "At least we have light for a bit longer. I don't think we want to go outside, at least for a little while. Where do you think we are anyway? This is not the good ol' USA, that is for sure. I hope wherever it is there is a US embassy. Wouldn't that be lucky." Spencer opened his mouth to stay more but stopped himself before he kept rambling.

Zoey looked seeing how Sean seemed to head off on his own. She didn't give it another thought after hearing Spencer stating how they might not be found being here. She sat down with the others curious on what the next plan would be. "Maybe where on an island?" Zoey stated not sure but it was a thought that might be right. "Or somewhere in Europe maybe?" She said taking a guess the shrugged. "I don't know where but we need to maybe start thinking on what our next step will be latter. For now we will need to wait till they aren't really looking for us." She said then waited to see what the others thought.

Wringing her shirt in her hands in a gesture that seemed more angry than nervous, Willow nodded. As much as she hated to admit it, Jackal had a point. She couldn't simply stand there all day. That was not only stupid, but dangerous. What if someone found out she was gone and tried to drag her right back inside? She didn't think she'd be able to deal with that; To have freedom in her grasp, only to have it snatched away again a moment later. "Uh... yes. You're right." She said affirmatively. "I need to go..."

She paused as she realized that, while she needed to leave, she didn't know where she was going to go. Where even was she? This place certainly wasn't familiar to her. She had no idea how far from home she'd been taken. Was she even in the same state? Was she even in the same country? Heck, was she even in the same continent?
She certainly hoped so. After all, it wasn't like she could just fly back home if she wasn't.
Without any particular direction in mind, she began to walk; After all, if Jackal had a problem with the way she was going, she had no doubt he'd make it known. As cliche and silly as it might have sounded, she could feel her heartbeat quicken with every step she took. It was strange, walking away from the lab, and she was still worried she would be caught. Pushing all that out of her mind, she curled her hands up into fists and redirected her attention to the ground. "...Where the hell even are we...?"

"The best plan would be to get far away from this place. It could end up being a lot of walking and we would have to fend for ourselves but-" Amoret stopped speaking and stared at the ground, a small blush appearing. She was not used to speaking up but thought it would be good to give her opinion.

Spencer had sat down and was leaning against a wall, his hands behind his head. It was not the most comfortable place to sit but it would do. With a choice of hard wall and floor, and hard wall and floor he would have to go with sitting on a hard floor and leaning against a hard wall. "Once we find out where we are we will know if we will be able to find help. What these scientists are doing can't be legal. We can have them busted and then go home." He was always one to look on the bright side of situations so a seemingly devastating situation is turned into a shrug off the shoulders. "Not sure what else we can do besides that. I mean food and water may be an issue but we could cross those lines when we come to them."

Jackal followed and watched Willow through narrowed, lazy eyes. He would allow her to pick any direction she wants. It would make not difference in the end. That led to another thought. Should he tell her? That sort of reaction might be fun to see. Very fun indeed. He should get as much enjoyment out of her while he had the chance. "You can relax. No one is going to come looking for you." At least he believed they would not come looking. He was not sure if the question was for him and did not care if it wasn't. She had asked so an answer he would. "Right now? You are no closer to escaping than you were fifteen minutes ago. This place is surrounded by a fence, and it is not one I would want to touch. It is quite shocking." He said, gave a small laugh.

Zoey listened to first Amoret and then Spencer's thoughts. She nodded understanding that Spencer was right on the water and food. "Yeah maybe...It could take a while to find someone... And I guess if so then food and water might be something will need to keep in mind. When where out in the open we will have to keep our eyes out for anyone that could be with the scientist." She paused thinking on what this would mean. "But then it might be harder to know who to alert of they've been doing." She finished and waited to once more hear what the others may think.

"Every journey starts with a single step." Spencer said, quoting Confucius. "I believe the first step will be to sleep. It will probably be too dark to do much since the trees hide most of the light. After that we walk and hope for the best, at least once we know we are good to start walking." He looked at each member of the group and stopped at his best friend. "Plus, we have Tafari to keep us safe. What do you think big guy? It sounds like a fool proof plan to me." The only thing that could go wrong is not finding enough food or water. If push came to shove there was always bugs. The not finding water issue would be a bit harder to deal with. ..what if someone got hurt? He pushed that to the back of his mind. The most important thing is to not get captured again.

Tafari had been listening closely to the conversation. It was harder for him to speak much so he stayed silent. Every journey starts with a single step. He really liked that saying. It spoke true. The way Spencer spoke made it seem so easy, but it would be more complicated than that. He could protect them from physical enemies but some things could only be defeated in other ways. The options seemed limited though. The only supplies were back in the building and it would be a disaster going back there. Was the only option to just head out and see what happened? He shook his head at Spencer to indicate he was not sure what to say.

Zoey listened first to Spencer than she looked to Tafari to see what he might say. Seeing that it seemed nothing he must not really had much of a different idea for now. "Sleep maybe a good start." She said smiling. "I think we might also want someone to stay guard or awake for a bit just in case. I know we might not have but one way out but it's usually a good idea so you can't get snuck up on in any way. We can even take shifts. Then tomorrow when we have more light we can deiced better on what to do I guess." She said thinking on what she had seen in past movies or read in books with similar situations.

"Great idea." Spencer said. "Good looking. Smart. What else are you hiding?" He winked at Zoey, finding it hard to stay serious. Who needed to be serious anyway? It was best to get the most fun out of life and felt good to be carefree. He knew he still had to try though since this was a difficult situation to be in. "I am sure Tafari and I can handle the guarding duty tonight unless you want to take a shift." He did not even try asking Sean since the boy seemed to sleep all the time and Amoret just seemed so defenseless that he could not bring himself to ask her. She would speak up if she wanted to take a shift anyway.

Zoey blushed at his words on being smart and shrugged. "I guess. I would just say thinking on needs for times of survival is all." She paused and listened to the thoughts on guard duty. She stopped blushing and once more thought a moment on the matter at hand. "Yeah sure everyone will need to try and get as much sleep as they can. I'd be happy to take a shift so you and Tafari might can get some sleep. Would it be two of us up at a time or just one?" She asked wondering the thoughts for watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.