Caged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amoret gave a little nod. "That might be. I wish they did care more so he could have got better sooner. On the other hand they might have taken him away and not brought him back." That thought sent chills down her spine so she tried to have that thought leave her head. He was better now and that was all that mattered. "I am sure you guys will think up something. In any case there is still a guard outside the door. There is always at least one." She gave a small. "I should go make sure Sean is ok." With quick movements she moved back into the forest.

"I don't get it." Spencer muttered to himself as he watched Amoret leave. At least she had finally come to tell them her thoughts. He had to admit she made good points but Zoey's plan might still work. It was the best plan they could think of and now that there was at least one other person it stood a better chance of working. "A plan B would be hard to come by. Maybe the guard would like to come in and play Monopoly. Winner gets his keys." He glanced at Tafari to see if he understood the joke but his friend had looked away, a sad and guilty look on his face.

Zoey listened to Amoret and nodded. She then watched as the girl left to check on Sean which she still had not meet yet. 'Well at least she shared something...' She then looked at Spencer and Tafari. When Spencer mentioned monopoly she laughed. "Well it might not be the best plan B but it sure is an idea." She paused then continued. "Do you think we should still try my idea?" Zoey asked wondering if maybe Spencer thought there was still a chance since it seemed like a plan B might not be easy to come by.

"I know we should try your idea. If an idea holds any hope at all then it is worth a shot, and this one holds quite a bit of hope." With a laugh Spencer added. "Although Monopoly might hold a bucketful more hope than anything else. We could paint the fake money green and bribe our way out." He stretched all of his muscles before continuing, giving him time to think. "So now one of us just needs to get out of this room. Sorry Tafari, I don't think you are the best option for this. From what I have seen the scientists won't come near you with a ten foot pole. That leaves myself, Zoey, and possibly Amoret. Or Tafari could beat the crap out of Sean." Spencer muttered this last part under his breath but Tafari still heard and he lifted his hands up at Tafari's glare. "Well I don't have the muscle to do it." He flashed a nervous smile at Zoey. "He always has to be the peacekeeper."

Zoey smiled at the idea of monoply money being a bribe. 'Maybe that would work if we need to try it.' She thought. She also liked the idea that hers held some hope. Zoey watched as Spencer stretched and noticed his muscler features but she turned her eyes tiring not to stare. 'So who would we send?' And just as Zoey asked herself this Spencer began to name who might be wise vs. some of the others. She looked at him confused when he said the last part of the sentence but it made since after he explained that Tafri was usually the peacekeeper. She looked at the two boys. "Well it sounds to me like it would be up to either me or you Spencer." She paused to think a moment to help them decide. "Well I guess to decide we could do rock, paper, seizures or something."

Spencer noticed a Zoey watching him and his smile grew. Taking a look at his arms he realized he did have some muscle there. He made a mental note to thank Tafari because without the bigger guy he would have never gained any bit of strength. She was right, it would be up to him or her. The thought of doing anything alone sent a chill down his spine. He hated to admit it but he could be a coward. "Yeah that would be a good fair game. I hope I don't get seizures." He laughed. Before he could prepare himself for the game though the door opened and a man walked in.

The man's golden eyes scanned the area before he relaxed and let himself lean against the door. His eyes only held the watchfulness for a few seconds before they gained a lazy look. Two of the experiments were missing but the three in the clearing would be more than enough fun. The other two would show up soon enough. "I hope I am not interrupting your escape plans. That would be just terrible of me." He slowly turned his head as the bigger boy tensed up. That's right, puppet. You know you would never reach me in time. He took off his hat and rolled it slowly in his hand. "What was it you were talking about anyway, if I may ask?"

Zoey smiled at Spencer. And was going to suggest them going on three but then a man entered. When she heard him mention escape plans she wondered what all he knew. She decided to say something that might throw him off track if he didn't know much. "Well we were talking about who should ask you guys to play Monoply. And then well we decided to play paper rock." She paused and smiled. "Seizures. and then the loser out of I guess we were going to do three. Would have to ask." She shrugged hoping that he would believe her for she never let a hint of worry escape her mouth with her words. "So um... Would you like to play a game of Monoply?" She asked acting as though that really was plan A.

"I don't need a petty game to entertain me." The smile vanished from his face only to appear a moment later with more devious intentions. Did she really think he would believe her lies. What a fool. He could care less if they were trying to escape or not. In fact, he would give them to opportunity. "I have puppets to entertain me." And entertain him they would, whether they knew it or not. Placing the fedora back on his head he turned around and stepped through the door. As he did he called over his shoulder. "Names Jackal by the way." In one swift motion he was gone, leaving the door partway open.

Spencer stared at where the man had been. "What the hell just happened?" One minute they had been planning on the escape, and the next the escape was right in front of them, open door as proof. The only certain thing he knew is the man had given him the chills. "I guess he is not a fan of board games." He turned to look at Tafari and noticed that his friend was still tense, the look of a starving predator plastered on his face as he stared at the door. "Should we check if anyone is out there?"

Zoey began to feel uneasy as it seemed the man didn't really believe her. Which she knew she was lying to try and cover up what there real intentions where. Then she noticed the man leave the door open. 'Name's Jackal.' She thought. 'Okay so he wishes to try and seem friendly and even leaves open the door. Was that on purpose or by accident? Either way it's a new option and we might can get that map if there isn't really a guard.' She then looked to Spencer and Tafrai she let her thoughts pay attention to the conversation she sort of heard but didn't because of her own thoughts. She noticed that Tafrai was still a little tense but she was still on edged so it made some since to her. She was on edged because she was afraid that their plans were just ruined and found out. "Well I guess and since the door is open why not all of us instead of just one the large our group the better the chances." She paused and thought a moment on her newly forming idea. "But at the same time what if we get found out? Would we need to have someone stay for cover and come back? And did he know and is tiring to test us and see what we'll do?" She asked these questions aloud wondering what the others thought.

Spencer nodded at Zoey's words. Back up would be good but before he could speak Tafari stuck out his hand and gave a warning look. Of course, his friend would want to check it out by himself. "I will stay here." He muttered and then turned to Zoey as Tafari headed toward the door. "He thinks it could be trap so is going to check it out. At least he should be fine by himself." Spencer gave a nervous laugh. "I don't envy anyone who might run into him." He had never seen Tafari in action before but was sure he was the type to not leave survivors. The Ethiopians features dripped death whenever he thought of the people who had done this to them and it made Spencer shiver. "We have company while we wait." He spotted slight movement in the forest, something he normally would not have seen. Strange. He thought. I can see much better than before. He took his glasses off but everything was blurry so he quickly put them back on.

Amoret could have swore she heard a strange voice. It did not make sense to her since she could not feel anyone else around. Whatever was going on it felt important. Grabbing Sean's hand and ignoring his protests she pulled him along with her until they reached the others. Noticing the door was open she gave them a questioning look. "I don't think anyone is out there." She said, referring to the other side of the door. Except for Tafari of course. She could tell he was searching the area. "But, how did the door open. I never felt another person near us and the guard left awhile ago." That was something she found as strange but did not bring it up. What she really wanted to know is who opened the door.

Zoey noticed Tafari stick out his hand and then heard Spencer mention staying here. She was going to follow anyways but decided that Tafari seemed serious and that he would be fine on his own. She then gave a smile at the thought of staying with Spencer. She nodded when Spencer sounded sure of Tafari being fine so she deiced not to push the matter of back up. "Um...Okay." She watched as Tafari seemed to leave through the door she heard Spencer mention company and looked at him. She thought maybe he meant the other two where coming back to meet them. "Company?" She asked tilting her head then looked in the direction Spencer was looking she didn't see anything other than some leaves on the trees seem to move but she figured it was the wind.

Soon after Zoey heard Amoret ask about the door and the guard. "Well the guard um... Left it open for some reason. And well he just gave us a better chance at a map and well escape." Zoey said to the two she noticed Sean and gave a small smile then looked at Spencer hoping that he wouldn't start the fight that had been mentioned earlier now that Tafari was gone. 'I guess if something does happen me and Amoret could stop them...right?' She thought just in case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sean was surprised when Amoret grabbed his hand and led him towards the clearing. He did not want to leave the safety of the shadows and tried to tell her to stop, but his attempts were halfhearted. His normal reaction to someone touching him would have been to jerk away, but he had been getting used to Amoret being around him as the days went by, although this was the first time she had ever touched him. Did she really have to bring him out of his safety though? His heart plummeted as he saw the others. People only ever meant pain and now there was a new person. His lips curled to accent his fearful eyes when the new girl looked at him. Not caring to hear what was going on he put his head down to allow the hood of his sweatshirt to hide him while his black hair fell around his face, hiding the scales that marred his skin.

Spencer rolled his eyes at Sean. Did he have to be mean to everyone? The other boy had greeted Zoey the same way he greeted everyone and it did not seem fair. There was no time to worry about that now though. Spencer pushed his glasses up and spoke. "I don't think that man was a guard. He had no weapons and the way he acted did not seem like something a guard would do. Plus, did you see his eyes? Those are not the eyes of a normal human." He shifted his feet in uncertainty, wishing Tafari would return. He felt strangely exposed without the larger boy next to him

Zoey looked at Spencer with a questioning look that said 'is he like that with everyone?' she then gave a smile as though to make the boys reaction seem to not have phased her. "Your right he didn't have any weapons." She put scratched her head then moved some of her loose black hair behind her ear. She then continued thinking about the man's eyes. "Do you think he was once experimented on as well?" She asked curious if maybe they weren't who these people started with.

"I think so. It is the only logical explanation for it. Not that any of this could be considered logical though." Spencer shook his head. What was happening hear defied the laws of nature. One should not mess with DNA, especially not on kids. "The thing that gets me is he was able to come and go as he pleased. What kind of person would allow these types of experiments to be done on him?" He just could not understand what was going on. This day got weirder every minute.

Tafari stepped back into the room, careful not to allow the door to close. His body was a bit more relaxed than when he left and he held something thin in his hand. Walking over to the group he stuck in front of Zoey what he hoped was a map. If it was a map he had never seen anything like it before. It looked like the shape of a building but he could not read the words on it. Heck, he could not read in general. There were also strange symbols on the 'map'.

Zoey shrugged at Spencer. "Who knows?" She said not sure why things seemed so odd. She then saw Tafari coming back and soon he was holding up a paper. She looked at it carefully. She then carefully griped it. "Nice going Tafari you found a map." She smiled at him then looked carefully to develop a plan. "Okay first we need to determine where we are at." She looked carefully tiring to decide where they must be. "Well I think were near the lab so..." She said aloud still thinking.

image.jpg
Only just visible to the group, a single window to a room could be seen. In that cold, wight room, Nexx sat and toyed around with the little cup the wight suit men gave him with his pills.

@Icstorm Should I find a picture for Zoey since everyone else seems to basically have one?

ooc: Sorry I am a bit slow right now. Tis that time a year it seems.
You don't have to post a pic if you don't want to Raven. It is all up to you.
I don't have a pic for Spencer and Amoret

(OCC: my apologies for that, I just find it easier to envision my character if I have a pic. ^_^")

Okay I might if I find something I think fits if not then my little disreption of her appearance my grow as we go.

ooc: Ok finally can reply since I am mostly caught up on homework.

bic:
Spencer noticed Tafari give a large crocodile grin at Zoey's words. He really needed to work on making his smile friendlier. It was hard to tell where on the map they were, especially since all but Tafari have only seen this room. "If we see what it looks like outside the door we might have a better idea. We could maybe look into some rooms if they have windows and be able to tell which room is which. Unless they are labeled of course." Too excited about the thought of escape Spencer took his own advice and headed out into the hall and walked toward the closest door with a window. Peering in, he saw a person. The kid had to be another experiment, but why was he in this room instead of the large room with them? "Someone is in here." He called to the group. "I-I think we should help him."

Status
Not open for further replies.