Building a Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Go ahead Sam. I'll start grabbing boxes." Griffin told them. He headed out of the house. He unlocked the back of the van and grabbed the first couple of boxes. Most of the stuff was Sam. He owned very few things other then his tools. He would have to find a place to set up his workshop. That wasn't ideal. He wanted to be with Sam as possible. He was going to have to figure our a schedule.

"Let's see if I can at least get her to peek out." Sam agreed. He raced up the stairs even though he didn't know where he was going.

Allie laughed as she followed the boy up stars greatful to deal the the boy instead of his father. She caught up to the boy leading him to the first doo on the right side. Allie knocked before slowly opening the door.
"Illya, Sam wants to meet you will you come out now?" Allie poked her head in to find her daughter siting on the floor a sketch pad I front of her books strung about open to various pages. The back wall of the room was laughed with books of all kinds, picture books, teen books, and young reader studie guides. She was rather proud of her daughter love of read yet it had pushed her away from kids her age. Allie walked in looking down at the picture as she tried to mimic a illustration of a cat. It was rather good for her age. Not detailed but the general image was and concept could be seen as she tried to learn how to ad the details in. "Honey please stop for a bit." Allie asked placing her hand on her daughters working hand. The young girl looked up into her mother brown eyes before shift to look at the boy by the door.
"Does he like to read momma?" She said quietly before moving a bit behind her mother."

"I'm not sure honey why don't you ask him that while I go help his father mover stuff in?"

The young girl shifted back to her picture nodding slightly without speaking at first.
"Okay." She mumbled.

Allie stood up walking Sam. "Forgive her she didn't have any friends at her school. All she has is her books and me." She patted the boys head. "I'm going to help your father hopefully you can get her to play with you I'm counting on you." She smiled before heading down stairs to help Griffin.

"Dad's bark is worse then his bite Allie. He growls a lot but his harmless." Sam told her as he entered Illya's room. "Hello Illya. My name is Sam. It is nice to met you. You're a good artist. My dad is a carver." He told her. He gave the girl his most chargming smile. "I am an avid reader. Do you have a favorite author?"

Griffin came in carrying two box of Sam's stuff. "Can you show me where to put these?" Because his work involved physical labor he was stronger then most men. She muscles bulged user his tsirt as he carried the boxes towards her.

Illya looked up at the boy before shaking her head softly. "No favorite I like them all. These books on animals are my favorite right now." She picked up the book with the picture of the car holding it out to him. "A domestic cat see." She said before setting the book back down on the ground. "Are you going to live here with us now? Momma said an accident happened and now we would have two more people in the house. I already have a dad but not a brother." She went back to her paper. "I don't mind a new brother." She whispered shyly her cheeks tinting a bit before she went back to drawing.

Allie looked up at him before nodding she took note of how muscular he was. Now that she was calmer she could see why she would choose him as a fling in a drunken state. But, what possessed her to get married? She led him up stairs to the bedroom next to Illya's "So, uhm I was just thinking if you need space the back yard is large we could build a shop back there. Would that work?" She asked while opening the door to the room stepping in side so her could enter.

"Animals huh. I've read the warrior cats. I prefer fantasy books to reality books." Sam explained to Illya. "My dad told me that they got married. Now I have a mom and a sister. I've never had either. I am looking forward to having both. I've always wanted both."

Griffin shrugged. "I guess so but I still need to find a place to store my tools until it is built. They shouldn't be where the kids can get their hands on them." He told her as he followed her.

"Oh," Illya mumbled before looking up at the boy. "Warrior cats? What's that about is it good?" She put her pencil down Turing to face the boy. "Do you have them with you?" She asked leaning forward a bit.

"Well, I'm not sure what to do then I mean if it's to heavy to go to the third floor for now." She crossed her arms while thinking. "We can figure it out i guess sorry this is all a bit awkward and happening rather fast I'm trying to keep up." She walked back out into the hall. "For now I'll help you get the stuff in the house. I figured we could run to the store after and pick up any food Sam likes. And since you just moved here we need to talk about something's while the kids get to know eachother."

"Its about some cats that live in the forest. They can talk and interact with act other. There are leaders, medicine cats, warriors, and kits. They have many adventures. They are like people in some ways. I think you'd like them. Blue Star is my favorite. I have most of them. When I find them I will let you borrow one." Sam promised.

"Most of it isn't heavy. But I don't want to take your space. I'll leave it in the van until I find a place." Griffin assured her. It would cost extra but so would renting a place so it didn't make much difference. "Most of the boxes are Sam's. we can just set in his room and he can put things where he wants them."

"Cats can't talk." Illya laughed before pulling out two rather normal fantasy children's books she set them down if front of her. "Momma said these were her favorite as a kid but I just think they are funny. The original adventures of Hank the Cowdog and the magic tree hous night of the ninjas. I have other from the serious as well but maybe you can read them and talk to momma about them." She smiled sliding the books forward to Sam. "Want to draw with me?"

After some time of Allie basically watching Griffin bring the boxes in they can was empty. The van was empty. She peaked in on the kids watching Sam actually talk to Illya made he smile before she went back down stairs. "Well it looks like they are getting along." She said as she walked into the kitchen opening the fridge and grabbing two bottles of water before sitting at the table a small stack of papers I front of her. She picked them up before sliding them into the seat next to hers. "Here this is for Sam. Illya goes to a privet school my parents pay for. But, I went ahead and picked up the for Sam if you want to send him there. I'm really hoping she could have someone there with her even if she's a two years younger. You want to make this work for him right might as well send them to the same school." She also moved the water I front of the other chair.
"So, tell me a bit about your self before we talk about more serious matters."

"I know that." Same reassured her with a grin. "But its fine to image what would happen if they could." He accept the two books. He read the descriptions. He nodded his approval. Not really his taste but he would give them a try. "I'm not good at art but I can try."

Griffin made a face at the papers. But what Allie said made since. He looked around for a pen. He started filling it out. He knew Sam would do well in private school. He was a smart kid and a fast earner. "What do you want to know?" He asked unsure what to tell her. He didn't really want to talk about his past.

"It okay I'll help you!" Illya laughed before handing him a paper. Digging through her supplies for a light sketching pencil and handing it to him. "I don't really like fantasy books but I'll read them so we can talk about them. You can draw so we can have fun together." She tilted her head as if asking him.

"I don't know besides you name I don't know anything about you not even the basics you learn on the first date. I mean you have to help me out her do you know how awkward this is for me I work up next to a stranger in Vages that bad enough but then to find we are married and he refuses to divorce. I was married by 20 had my first kid my 21 and windowed by 22. My life has moved way to fast already now I'm married to a man I don't know a thing about for all I know you could be some crazy killer." Allie snapped her head dropping to the table with a heavy sigh.
"It's scary you know and your scary. Just throw me a bone will you." She mumbled to herself.
"I work design and sell my own clothing a women's and young girls line. I'm 26 years old. I grew up in Denver got married and moved out here to start a family. My first husband died in a car accident when my girl was just one years old. My parents own a few business around the city and work in the stock trade. What else. Oh my birthday is September 20th and Illya's is June 8th." She just started talking trying to ease the awkwardness she was feeling.

Sam nodded. He accepted the pencil and the paper. He took a seat near Illya. "Why don't you like fantasy stories?" He asked before turning his attention to the paper. "What do I draw?" He looked at the little girl next to him to see if she had any suggestions. He wasn't very artist. That was more his father's area. But he was willing to try.

"This is awkward for me too Allie. I'm not good with people. So finding myself married to a woman I don't know." He shook his head. I have never been married. But I had a screwed up relationship when I was twenty. My son was born when I was almost twenty two. You could have googled me. I looked you up." He told her honestly. "I know I come across scary but I'm really not as scary as I look. I am a sculpturer. I carve things out of wood. I sell them online and the occasionally at a galary. I am thirty. I grew up in Chicago. I don't have any family other then Sam. My birthday is June 20th. And Sam's is March 17th."

"How about one of the warrior cats. Your favorite maybe?" Illya asked before putting her picture in front of him. "I learned how to draw by tracing at first. I traced every picture I could the. I was just able to do it. Now I'm working on relief details. I don't know if that would help." She laughed leaning over to his paper drawing a cartoon figure of him. When she was done she smiled before writing Adam under it surprisingly her had writing was messy. "I think I will like having you as a brother."

"Sorry, this is just stressful and I didn't get and work done. Guess we have to just start at the beginning a first date I guess even though we are already married." She gave him a smile. "You sons a cutie though. Anyways do you want to run to the store now? Or wait till the morning. I can show you around the house?"
She stood up throwing her bottle away in the trash before waiting on him to fallow her. Her brown eyes watched him for just a second hoping he didn't notice. She was going to have to be able to look at him some time if they would be living with each other.

Sam nodded. He closed his eyes and pictured Blue Star in his mind. He put his pencil on the paper and opened his eyes. He carefully tried to draw the cat he saw in is mind. It wasn't a very good picture. But he did his best.

"I know. I will try to make it easy for you but there us only so much I can do. I've never been in a healthy relationship and I've never had a family other then Sam." Griffin told her honestly. He didn't mean to be difficult but he knew he was. "Do you have something for supper? We can go now if you want. It doesn't make any difference to me."

Illya looked at the picture. "Can I keep it?" She asked.

"No, I mean I have food to cook here it's just I didn't know if you two had any preferences I have chicken set out for peta sandwiches but I can cook that for mine and Illya's lunches tomorrow. I have to get regular buns and all that we eat rather healthy here Illya had a weak amunne system and I try to keep her food healthy and organic though she does like junk food." Allie laughed. "Well I guess I'll be the first to stop being so tense. This is your house now to and by law actually but don't get any funny ideas." She teased. "Really I need to learn about things like your favorite food and what not that way I know what to cook and pick up. Does Sam have any allergies or do you for that matter." She bustled about the kitchen until she found a pen and paper to start a grocery list on. She sat back down next to Griffin smiling at him before looking down at the paper she wrote water first and v8 fusion next. "What do you to like to drink?" She asked.

Sam nodded. "Sure. You can. I don't think I did a very good job. Want to help me unpack? Maybe we can find the book I want to lend you." He suggested as he handed her the picture.

"Sam and I aren't pickie. We will eat almost anything. I am not much of a cook so I am afraid that we are use to less then healthy foods mostly out of necessity. Sam has never had any health problems so you don't have to worry about that." Griffin reassure Allie. "I don't plan on taking over your house. Your house your rules. I respect that. I only request that we talk about anything I don't agree with. Same and I are allergic to strawberries. Sam's favorite food is sausage. I like fish." He explained. "I guess we will have to get use to juice and water." He made a face. He had never been fond of water. He would make an effort but he would probably end up hiding sodas in his work shop once it was built. He didn't know what he would do until then.

Illya smiled. "Sure, and I like you picture." She said taking the picture and quickly lining it to the left wall that was filled with different drawings and pictures. She turned around and smiled before headi is to her bedroom door opening it all the way from the cracked position she peaked out the hall looking for the other person who moved in. When she realized he wasn't there she nodded and waited for Sam.

Allie laughed before writing drinks for Sam and Griffin. She then wrote breakfast food and a few other small things. "Don't worry about that it's not just my house anymore. And if you want soda or what ever just tell me really Illya didn't like soda except fanta witch is just the same a juice. You don't have to change everything we can compromise. If you to can deal with healthy food we can deal with some soda or whatever in the house. I just need you to tell me want you guys need. It's just been us girls here for a long time." She stood up taking the note pad and peeling off the sheet she was writing on. "Let's get going I think it's about time you meet Illya anyways." Allie smiled before turning and heading to the stair. She waved for Griffin to follow maybe they could trap her poor Daughter in a room and force her to meet him.

"My father's bark is worse then his bite." Sam promised Illya. "He wont hurt you. He is kind of like you. He doesn't have many friends. In fact he only has one. You should give him a chance. You'll have to show me my room. Your mom never got that far."

Griffin shook his head. "She will greet me when she's ready." He insisted. He didn't want to scare the little girl. At 6'1 and alittle over 200 lbs. He was probably pretty scary to her. He would wait for her to come to him. Some was good at winning people's trust. If anyone could get Illya to give him a chance it was his son. "I will pay for the things that Sam and I need. We can pay our own way. We don't want to be a burden to you. I have quite a bit of money built up. I will have to have a contractor come out and give me an estimate for the shed. I need something decent size."

Illya looked at him for a second before kicking at the ground. she didn't say anything as she pointed to the door next to her Room. She didn't feel like speaking now as she started to walk to his room.

Allie sighed before stopping at the stairs. "Look, your the one who didn't want a divorce right. We might not know each other and we might have made the biggest mistake in our lives but I'm trying because you said you son wanted a mother. My daughter is afraid of men the only one she knows is her father and just from pictures and her grandfather. I'm letting you in my house and in my life for the kids so please at least try to act like we are married. It's not just you two anymore and it's not just us anymore it's the four of us. If you don't want to seriously consider making this mistake into a family for the kids then leave. Of course I expect you to help with bills and things around the house but lets try not to separate everything out right it will only confuse the kids." Allie walked up the stairs leaving Griffin behind. Once up stairs she noticed Illya in the hall way her daughters blue eyes looking up at her before panicking and looking behind her mother. Allie sighed before scooping her daughter up in her arms.
"Come on we are all going to go shopping and you need to meet Griffin." Allie stated as she tickled her daughters sides.
"Sttttooooop it!" Illya laughed as she tried to push her mothers hands away.
"You don't have to talk to him yet but at least come down stairs honey." Allie said placing a kiss on her daughters head before putting her on the ground.
"Sam's coming to right?" Illya asked. Allie looked into Illya's room at Sam and smiled.
"Of course he is. Come on Sam let's head down stairs your dads waiting. " Allie held her hand out to the boy while her daughter took her other hand she would at least treat this boy as if he was her son.

Last edited by a moderator:
Griffin shook his head. He was trying. It might not seem like it but he was. He had never been good ity people. Allie knew more about him then anyone but Zack. And it had taken the red head months to get this much out of him. "I'm not forcing myself on a child. She will come to me when she's ready. Pshingher wot make it easier for us to bond. I'm fine with her taking her time." He told her Ashe headed outside not waiting for them.

Sam hurried down the stairs. He had barely reached Allie when he heard the door clothes. "That's not good." He sighed. "I knew I shouldn't have left the two of you alone. "Poor dad."

"What did I do?" Allie pouted a bit as her daughter seemed more scared now that the man had walked out of the house when she decided to come down stairs.
"Momma, if he didn't want to meet me either then I'm going back up stairs." Illya huffed her cheeks red and eyes watery. She stomped back up stairs and into her room the door shutting a bit hard. Allie crossed her arms.
"Sorry Sam. In not real sure what to do." Allie said looking at the door.
"I think I'll go hide in my room like Illya." She mumbled her head dropping.

Status
Not open for further replies.