Building a Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
"What, they rejected the why we got married." Allie growled. Allie pulled out her phone as Illya started to cry.
"It's not you they haven't met you they rejected the fact their daughter got drunk slept with a stranger and wound up married! They haven't even met you yet they have no clue what you look like or who you are unlike you respect people's privacy and don't dig them up on the Internet for you wanting this to work you sure aren't very open minded about this at all how would you feel if you had a daughter and she came home scared and crying because she wound up married to a stranger who refuses to divorce her. Think a little. They talked me into making this work because they don't believe in devorice." He sent the text before putting Illya in their car and driving to her parents house.

Griffin glanced at the text when he reached the school. What coukd he say to that? Nothing that would ake things better. She refused to see his side. It was al about her. He had tried and she shut him down. Rejected again. "I'm sorry. I thought I had a chance to be a part of your world. But I was rejected before I even got a chance simply because we bith ade a mistake. I'm sorry I thought I could offer you daughter a father." he texted her. Then he shouter the phone off. Yes head looked her up. He ad been curious about her. He thought learning about her would make things easier but it hadn't. He had screwed up by wanting to keep a promise. He was the evil because he couldn't adapt to her world fast enough. "Sam this might not work out. We might want to wait to enroll you until we know if we're staying. I'm about as welcome in Allie's life as maggots. I'm trying. But so far all I'm getting is rejection after rejection. I can only take so much. Even fir you."

Allie sighed at the text when she got to her parents. Walking in her daughter ran around the overly large house. Until her grand father finally said her would take her to the school. Allie's mother noticed her depressed look.
"What wrong?" She asked sitting down with two cups of a tea.
"Nothing I keep messing up with this guy I just don't understand."
Her mom rolled her eyes.
"Well, either way you got to make it work." Her mom mumbled before taking a sip.
"Yes mom." Allie mumbled depressedly. Her mom sighed putting her cup down.
"Look we never liked Illya's father at first that why we kept telling you not to marry him but what happened after Allie do you remeber?" Her mother asked Allie shook her head.
"We accepted him into the family because of Illya. I want a grandson as well so though we disapprove of what happened dear we will accept him because of his son. So, stop worry about us like I know you are and just let him adjust." Her mother said before picking her tea back up.
"Either way just make sure you make it work." Her mother added.
"Can you pick up Illya from school today?" Allie asked. Her mother nodded. Allie pulled out her phone sending one last text to Griffin.
"Sorry, tell Sam I'm sorry to. If you could forgive me I need to stop pushing so much. See you at the house."

With that she left her parents house and went to work. She spent the day writing down what clothing they were low on. Keeping her self busy. At five she went to her parents picking up her daughter and headed home.

Griffin followed Sam inside the school. It was a good place. The teachers answered his questions. He thought private school would be stuff and in some ways it was. But not as much as he thought it Woukd be. He told Sam it was his decision. After all the boy had to go to the school not him. His son chose to go to school with Illya. He arranged for the school's tuition to be taken out of his account next year. Then he took Sam with him to set up his temperary workroom. They talked while they set things up. "Allie says to tell you she's sorry." he told his son.

"You're going to have to talk to her eventually dad." his son pointed out.

"Maybe, but I dont see why. She and her family have decided I'm not good enough for them. That's fine. This marriage about you kids. Not me." Griffin argued. Sam lifted his eyebrow. "Alright. I'll try when we get home. What's one more rejection."

When Allie finally got home she headed up stairs changing her daughter then cooking. She made Turkey wraps and banked fries putting them in the oven to keep warm. She then wrote a note.
/both of us are on the third floor dinners in the oven./

After that her and Allie when up stairs to get work done.

Griffin was starving by the time he and Sam got back to the house. He saw the note. He frowned. Washe working or avoiding him. "Go wash up Sam. I'll tell them we're back." he climbed the stairs. He wasn't comfortable going into her work area. He knew that he was particular about his things. Maybe she was the same way. Not wanting to disturb her he knocked on the door. "We're back. Have you two eatten?"

Allie looked up from her desk clattered with papers as Allie ignored him all together drawing Allie panicked and looked around the room. Covered in fabric rave measures hanging from anything she could throw them on she quickly stood up. "Ah, welcome back yes sorry we ate Illya was hungry and I have a lot of stock running out at the store. I wasn't sure when you would be back." She said. "Actually I think it's about time for a snack anyways right Illya." Illya nodded before standing up.

Griffin nodded. He headed downstairs. Communication wasn't one of his strengths. "Next time I'll call. Most days I should be home after the kids get home." he could do that. A message was easy enough. Once he reached the kitchen he thanked Sam for reheating everything. Then he took a seat at the table. He wasn't used to eating with others around so he picked at the food. "Sam choose to go to the same school as Illya." he told them. He was comfortable enough with the school to allow his son to attend the school. He knew Sam would do well there he was a smart kid.

"Well that's good." Allie said as she sat a plate of crackers and Turkey infront of Illya for them to snack on. She sat down next to her daughter as Illya picked up a cracker eating it.
"Sam, had to wear a uniform like me now." Illya said with her mouth full.
"Illya don't talk with your mouth full." Allie said before popping a crack in her mouth. She didn't know what to say nor did she want to say anything. She came down stairs to eat with them because that's what a family dose but she wasn't going to try to get him to open up anymore he could live his life she would live hers. She only felt bad for Sam because it would but a wall between her and Sam.

Griffin eat in silence. He wasn't really eatting so much as picking at his food. He was hungry but he was nervous about eatting around Illya and Allie. "I don't mind the uniform. I'm looking forward to getting back to school. I like learning new things. I hope the other kids like me." Sam told his sister. "Dad has his workshop all set up." he chatted to fill the silence. He didn't like silence. He didn't understand Allie or Illya. But he was just getting to know them. Hopefully he would come to understand them the way he did his dad. he wanted them to be a family not just four strangers that shared a house.

"That's good." Allie said dryly causing her daughter to look up at her.
"Momma what's wrong?" She asked causing Allie to freeze.
"Nothing's wrong honey. If you and Sam are almost done you should go play in your room or watch movies but let Sam pick." Allie said as she ate the last cracker on the plate. She stood up carrying the plate to the kitchen sing washing it quickly before drying it. Illya ran to the fridge grabbing one of her juices.

"Your mother's mad at me." Griftin said without looking up at them. "I'm not good with people. I never have been. Ive been rejected and treated badly most of my life which makes it hard for me to trust people." he stood to is feet. Suddenly he wasn't hungry anymore. He went outside and sat on the porch. As much as he wanted to open up he coukdnt. Not when he had already been found lacking. It was too bad really. This had been his one chance at a family. He thought this time it would be different because he had made the chose but Aparently that made no difference. He that family found him lacking.

"I'll show you one of my movies Illya." Sam said as he headed upstairs. He didn't knw what to do to ake things better but he Woukd figure our something. He had to.

Allie watched him walk outside she remained near the sink until the kids left. After that she walked out to the porch taking a seat next to him.
"I'm not mad at you. I yell when I'm mad. I'm just trying to give you space like you wanted and I don't know what to talk about you keep getting mad at me for pushing you so I'm backing up. What do you want me to do. What do you want. I don't know if you don't tell me." She mumbled. "i don't know what to say so you don't get mad. "

Griffin shook his head. "I'm not good at the whole get to know you thing. That's why I looked you up. I thought if I knew alittle bit it wouldn't be so bad." he shook his head. "Ive never been mad at you. At myself yes. At your family yes. But not you personally. I want to get to get know you but I don't know how Allie. I've never done this before." He explained. He knew that wouldnt make since to her. Not when he had a son. But his live had never been normal. Someday he would tell her everything but that would take time. "Sam is the only family I've ever had. He's pretty accepting."

Reactions: Alice White
Allie sighed. "How many time are you going to say that I understand so stop worrying about it it'll work out somehow." She waved her hand looking up at the sky.
"Trevor my first husband he was the exact opposite of you ya knoe. This is a change I have to get used to as well. Some one quiet and stand offish. I never noticed with Illya because she was never that way towards me just others." She smiled thinking back.
"Illya besides her personality is just like her father. When she opened up all she can talk about is animals and how she wants to work at a zoo like her dad. It's really my fault when she was getting old enough to realize her dad was gone and asked why I showed her pictures of him and told her all about him. Now she wants to be just like him. Of course her personality towards people is all wrong. life is unfair and it throws you into situations that you can never anticipate forcing you to adapt and change so why not just go with it and try to change a bit." She stood up.
"Well, I'll give you some space I need to work some of you get bored feel free to come up and give me a hand." She walked off into the house leaving him on the porch.

Griffin shook his head. She had no idea how complicated his life had been. He thought it was great that Illya wanted to be like her dad. He looked up at the stars and thought about what she said. He came across standoffish and not just because he was naturally shy. He had been used, abused, and rejected. He knew nothing of love and acceptance. Sam was the only person who had ever shown him those two things. He never got bored of being alone. He enjoyed it honestly. He thought there might be one thing he could do though. He got up and went to his truck. He took out the small carving he had selected for Illya. He carried the carving upstairs to where the kids were watching movies. Sam had selected the fox and the hound. He was sure Illya Woukd love the animal adventure as much as Sam had. He watched them silent until the movie ended. "I brought you something Illya."

Illya turned around to look at him but didn't say anything she stood up and watched from a small distance. After a few seconds she held out her hand.
"What is it." She mumbled trying to show that she wan't scared at all though she seemed to still be unsure of it all. Her eyes looked down at his feet but her blonde hair still in the braid her mother put it in. She waited to see what he brought her.

Reactions: KatherinWinter
Griffin held his hand out to her. In the palm of his hand was a small carving of a turtle. It was nearly an exact replica of the real animal except for the color. "My mother worked in a zoo too." he told her softly. "She used to call me her little turtle because I would always hide when new people were around." he hoped she like the carving. He had taken hours to pick the right carving from his completed works. He thought the piece and the story might help them connect. He was a lot like her. Naturally shy. It took him time to be comfortable with people and even longer to open up to them. He was reaching out to her. The next step was hers.

Illya took the carving staring at it for a second before she smiled.
"Turtles have shells to protect themselves from predators. It's like their own little castle." She took the carving and set it on one of her shelves. "Turtles are cute." She looked through her books until she pulled one out. The life of sea turtles. She held it up to Griffin smiling. "Thank you I like turtles too." She smiled. Before turning to Sam opening the boom to a marked page.
"Look they can live to be over 100 years old."

"You're welcome Illya. I'm glad you like it. I can make just about any animal." He told her. If animals were the way to get Illya to relax around him then he would use his skills to ease the path. Too bad her mother wasn't so ease. He stayed in the door way as he listened to her talk. She was passionate. She reminded him of his mother. He smiled liking that he had made on connection no matter how tentative it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.