Building a Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allie finished her clothing sketch very basic and boring to detailed. She looked behind her but realized Illya was down stairs with Sam. She sighed rolling up the paper and heading down stairs. She noticed Griffin in the door way of Illya's door a smile on his face.

"What are you guys doing." Allie asked peaking over Griffins shoulder. Illya stopped talking to San jumping up but the door way was full and she stopped.
"Momma, Griffin made me a turtle." She said.
"He did now that was nice of him." She laughed. "Honey come here I finished the next dress sketch tell me what you think." Allie said shacking the rolled up paper in her hand.

Griffin glanced at the paper she held. He knew nothing about fashion but he thought the drawings were good. "I think it looks good." He said before turning to leave. He had accomplished what he had set out to do. He connected with Illya. Hopefully that would help the girl more comfortable with him. He loved animals. He simply knew very little about them.

Sam smiled he was proud of his dad. He had made a huge effort to reach out to Illya. He hoped that his sister knew how hard that had been for his father.

Illya took the paper looking at the picture.
"Momma, make one red for me like a doll." She smiled causing her mother to laugh. It was a simple Victorian cross something that could be warn now with out looking dated.
"Alright honey red it is." Allie smiled. Before glancing down the hall where Griffin left. She rolled up the paper before patting her shoulder with it.
"Now you guys should get ready for bed you both have school tomorrow. Illya go to my bathroom while I take this up stairs." Illya nodded before running off into her mothers room.
"You to Sam." She smiled at him before patting the boy on the head. She turned and walked back up stairs.

Sam nodded. He stretched as he got to his feet. He wasn't tired but he knew he would have a hard time waking up if he didn't go to sleep soon. He went down stairs and gave his dad a hug before calling it a night. He changes into his night clothes. He settled into his bed. It would take awhile but eventually he would fall asleep.

Griffin sat downstairs. He thought he had done well. But now he needed to find to connect with Allie. That was going to be harder. He knew nothing about her beyond the basics. He would try once he had tge chance.

Illya washed up her self and waited for her mom to come tuck her in as always the normal speech about her dream of working at a zoo and the lights were off her mom cracking the door so the hallway light could shine in like always.

Allie came down stairs after tucking her daughter in. She sighed a bit as she reached the bottom before entering the kitchen. She rummaged around the cabinets pulling out the coffee beans and starting a small pot. Pulling out a cup she leaned against the counter waiting a pad and paper in her hand as she jotted down things.

Griffin watched Allie go into the kitchen. He thought about joining her. But he still had no idea what to say to her. What could he say? He had a dozen questions but he didn't want to annoy or bother her. They hadn't gotten way too well. He blamed himself for that. But he didn't know how to fix it. She made him nervous. He didn't have much experience with woman. What experience he did have was pretty negative. Which didn't help anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.