BUG REPORTS THREAD: XF 1.5.12

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iwaku

Edgelord
Original poster
SITE ACCOUNT
FOLKLORE MEMBER
This is a BUG REPORT THREAD!

We just updated the forums to 1.5.12

If something weird is happening, or giving you errors, report it in this thread.

PLEASE -ONLY- REPORT IT IN THIS THREAD AND IN THE HELP DESK. DO NOT SEND A CONVERSATION, EMAIL, HIT UP PEOPLE IN CHAT OR ON DISCORD UNLESS YOU CANNOT POST ON THE FORUMS.
You might end up messaging the wrong person and getting BAD information. Everyone needs to be able to see what is reported and what has been fixed. Please make sure to report bugs in the right place or we might never get it fixed!

KNOWN ISSUES STILL TO BE ADDRESSED
  • ---
  • ---

I don't know if this is just my internet being weird, but I've encountered a strange issue while searching members:
First I search for a member. Then when I start to type their name in the search bar the next time I want to search them, I will select the autofill feature for their name. When I press search I get an error saying "This site can't be reached". If I reload the page I'll get an Iwaku error saying "Please specify a search query or the name of a member." This only happens when I try searching with the autofill thing, not for plain typing, and it doesn't happen every time I do it.
UPDATE:
It just happened for plain typing. I have no idea what's happening.

I'm not sure what I'm experiencing is a bug, but it's certainly annoying. I'll create my own theme using one of the theme defaults (currently using Daylight), but if I log out and log back in later, the theme will return to default instead of custom. Is this happening to anyone else?

Last edited:
I'm not sure what I'm experiencing a bug, but it's certainly annoying. I'll create my own theme using one of the theme defaults (currently using Daylight), but if I log out and log back in later, the theme will return to default instead of custom. Is this happening to anyone else?
Do you have your browser set to clear cookies?

Hmm that's odd then! My browser definitely keeps all of my custom styles when I log out. I know that they disappear when I log in from another computer, though.

When I edit a post, sometimes when I click the "More Options", I get redirected to an error page that says, "This page isn't working", that gives me the option to go to the site's homepage. The bottom text says "ERR_BLOCKED_BY_XSS_AUDITOR". Here's a screenshot.

Screenshot from 2017-04-06 22-47-39.png

I haven't been able to correlate this with anything besides clicking the "More Options" button sometimes. Sometimes it works; sometimes it doesn't. I am using Chrome for Linux, if it helps anything.

I'm not sure if it's just me or not but since the server flip I haven't been able to receive email notifications for my watched threads and or PM messages like I had before. I am still getting alerts on this website but apart from that...nothing.

I'm not sure if it's just me or not but since the server flip I haven't been able to receive email notifications for my watched threads and or PM messages like I had before. I am still getting alerts on this website but apart from that...nothing.
Is your email Outlook/hotmail?

• Love
Reactions: Leviathandances
Thank you!!! I just found it weird how it worked all this time then BOOM denied XD. Hopefully things will work out soon :) gotta love technology lol

Thanks again!!!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Pahn
Unfortunately I think someone in the same ip range as the new server was being rude and sending spam. I contacted my provider and they are contacting hotmail/live/etc.

AOL is also a problem but I think maybe one person on Iwaku still uses that.

• Thank You
Reactions: Pahn
Whenever I try to edit my (admittedly reeeeeeally big) character sheet in a PM and save my changes, I get the following error message:

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Whenever I try to edit my (admittedly reeeeeeally big) character sheet in a PM and save my changes, I get the following error message:

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Can you print-screen?

Can you print-screen?
Uzgr7mX.png

I had this issue a while ago with the same thing, but in Clans (Supppppper big post) -- I dunno if there IS a post character limit on Xenforo or Iwaku in general, but it was just not havin' it. I had to split it into a second post to get it to work.

Reactions: Captain Asshat
I had this issue a while ago with the same thing, but in Clans (Supppppper big post) -- I dunno if there IS a post character limit on Xenforo or Iwaku in general, but it was just not havin' it. I had to split it into a second post to get it to work.
My issue only started after the maintenance thingy last night :(
Prior to that the person under me had a post significantly longer than mine and they both worked fine.

My issue only started after the maintenance thingy last night :(
Prior to that the person under me had a post significantly longer than mine and they both worked fine.

Hm. That's strange, then. Cause mine only happened that one time and only with a post that was like... pages and pages long.

Reactions: Captain Asshat
Status
Not open for further replies.