Not open for further replies.

Iwaku

Edgelord
Original poster
SITE ACCOUNT
FOLKLORE MEMBER
This is a BUG REPORT THREAD!

We just updated the forums to 1.5.12

If something weird is happening, or giving you errors, report it in this thread.

PLEASE -ONLY- REPORT IT IN THIS THREAD AND IN THE HELP DESK. DO NOT SEND A CONVERSATION, EMAIL, HIT UP PEOPLE IN CHAT OR ON DISCORD UNLESS YOU CANNOT POST ON THE FORUMS.
You might end up messaging the wrong person and getting BAD information. Everyone needs to be able to see what is reported and what has been fixed. Please make sure to report bugs in the right place or we might never get it fixed!

KNOWN ISSUES STILL TO BE ADDRESSED
  • ---
  • ---

I've got two for you guys. Was told to tag @Astaroth so here goes...

Chat bugs:

/me function is broken, rather than placing your name first, it sends it as a message from Chat Bot. /char may also be similarly broken.

At least on my laptop (Mac, Google Chrome) every single message appears as a notification when I'm on other internet tabs, rather than just ones I'm tagged in.

Just doing my duty!

Dunno if it's a bug or just my phone being a dingus, but the banner for rps is now a little squashed, whereas pre-update on mobile it was fine.

Not urgent, mostly cosmetic, but figured I'd point it out.Screenshot_2017-02-19-08-05-17.png

Reactions: Greenie and Sidhe
In conversations, the like button is gone.

Dunno if it's a bug or just my phone being a dingus, but the banner for rps is now a little squashed, whereas pre-update on mobile it was fine.

Not urgent, mostly cosmetic, but figured I'd point it out.View attachment 129727
Same thing for me, I was just here to post the same.

• Love
Reactions: Elle Joyner
Same thing for me, I was just here to post the same.
This was a feature from the Add-on for the software (Xenforo) and it has been removed. It's unfortunately not something they will be able to fix because it simply no longer exists

Can't search conversation and this conversation anymore, I am doomed!

Can't search conversation and this conversation anymore, I am doomed!
I checked and that option definitely isn't there anymore, even in advanced search... Hopefully it's something that can be ticked off/on in the Conversations add-on o_o

sauni5K.png

There's this weird unknown page bug.

sauni5K.png

There's this weird unknown page bug.
Generally, this happens when an addon doesn't define a phrase properly for its online activity( / -ies). Unfortunately, online list activities aren't linked in XF (they are in MyBB, so you could tell what "unknown location" was by hovering the link), so there's no easy way to tell what this actually is.

Generally, this happens when an addon doesn't define a phrase properly for its online activity( / -ies). Unfortunately, online list activities aren't linked in XF (they are in MyBB, so you could tell what "unknown location" was by hovering the link), so there's no easy way to tell what this actually is.
And there's not an actual link to the unknown location either

It's there. When you receive a new post, it should show up and behave as normal-- keeping the ratings and buttons. Don't know why it wiped the ratings from all the previous post and the buttons.

EDIT: Went back and they are all there. I'm assuming it was a cookie session issue since I'd not used Convo's up till today--

Edit: So reading when tired isn't my strong point-- Since I didn't see it was reinstalled. THANK YOU FOR PUTTING IT BACK.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to set a conversations prefix and this is what happened (overlay with the prefixes drop-down isn't showing properly):

uERGtK6.png

Every time I try to choose a prefix by clicking on it, what happens is the overlay closes altogether.

I tried to set a conversations prefix and this is what happened (overlay with the prefixes drop-down isn't showing properly):

uERGtK6.png

Every time I try to choose a prefix by clicking on it, what happens is the overlay closes altogether.
I'm confused, is this after a conversation is started or started a new conversation or adding a prefix to a conversation that someone else started?

EDIT

Ohh I see, it's once the conversation is started and you select it using the moderator tools.

Reactions: FieryCold

uERGtK6.png

Looks like a z-index issue with the prefix select dropdown, as it's appearing behind the overlay's outer mask (the thing that darkens everything behind the current overlay), and clicking anywhere outside the overlay closes it.

Not sure if this is a site problem or something on my end, but whenever I try to upload images on mobile a white bar reading choose an action appears and I can't do anything except close my browser.

Titles of read conversations are still invisible on mobile in black background. Also, banners are getting squished majorly in mobile.

Also, banners are getting squished majorly in mobile.
This happened under 1.5.9, too. I think it's because the banner container element doesn't have the proper CSS media queries (i.e. it isn't a responsive element).

I'm not sure if this has been pointed out yet, but the default user image for banned members is broken.

banned1.png

banned2.png

Reactions: Pahndemic
This isn't a huge deal for me so need to rush and fix, but it ruins my aesthetic.

Blog customization seems to be eternally broken for moi. I can edit text and such. Just can't do any fancy colors like before. When I try to click on the little customization buttons, most pop up with nothing. A couple pop up with the color options overlay, but it disappears as soon as I try to click on it. :P

Unsure if this is somehow intentional, but I figured I'd finally report it as a bug since it's probably not! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.