Brivid Academy, Home of the Magically Gifted

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looked around the area and was just about to move onto the next sector, when music began to build to a crescendo. Sekki's paint splattered face transformed into a one of joy - and deviance. Could this be his first victim? Guns unholstered, he prepared, fingers on the trigger. As this person came bolting around the corner, he opened fire.

Mag completely shrugged off the fire, not slowing down in the slightest as she sped past Sekki, firing a single shot from her shoulder mounted nerf cannons at the rather foolish recruit, seriously, friendly fire at the android? As she continued towards her destination she spun around, continuing to glide as she fired a second shot, this one at the back of his head before twirling again to face the proper direction. "Leave no face un-pegged~!"

Adec froze up at the sight of the bottle. Uh-oh. Thoughts of what could happen if he was drunk quickly popped. However, her smile and poking of him prodded him on and he took the bottle from her, "What's one little drink going to do?" Letting go of her hand, he opened the bottle and poured a little into a glass one of the servants brought him. Best start small, too much too fast kills the brain.

Placing the bottle aside, he put the glass to his lips and let the liquid in. The results were quick as he began coughing and seemingly hacking up a lung. The liquid tasted foul to him and he put the cup on a table to avoid dropping it. Leaning on the table, he finally brought his lungs back under control and he grimaced in an ill manner, "Oh god, it tasted like rubbing alcohol. Please tell me you don't drink this all the time, Karu."

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Karuko_TheShifter
Jinroth, or simply Jin, walked into the academy grounds. He stopped and looked up at the building in front of him with his blue eyes. He wondered if this academy was the right choice for him, or the wrong one. His mind kept running through all the possibilities of the students maybe calling him a freak, or just not accepting him at all. He sighed softly and itched the back of his head. "Well, there's no time like the present" he entered through the academy doors into what looked like a courtyard.

Stopping again and taking in his surroundings, he saw a couple of the students. What they were doing though, didn't even faze him. He was looking for the dorms, he was indeed a new face around here. He hoped someone would come to talk to him to show him around. Once that happened he probably could make a new friend, he hoped.

Adec froze up at the sight of the bottle. Uh-oh. Thoughts of what could happen if he was drunk quickly popped. However, her smile and poking of him prodded him on and he took the bottle from her, "What's one little drink going to do?" Letting go of her hand, he opened the bottle and poured a little into a glass one of the servants brought him. Best start small, too much too fast kills the brain.
Placing the bottle aside, he put the glass to his lips and let the liquid in. The results were quick as he began coughing and seemingly hacking up a lung. The liquid tasted foul to him and he put the cup on a table to avoid dropping it. Leaning on the table, he finally brought his lungs back under control and he grimaced in an ill manner, "Oh god, it tasted like rubbing alcohol. Please tell me you don't drink this all the time, Karu."
Karu shrugged and shook her head. "No, only at parties." she said. "Cmon Chug!" she laughed jumping up and down excitedly. She liked the fact that this was probably his first real party. She wanted him to have the fun of his life. "Chug! Chug! Chug!" she chanted continuously laughing cheering him on. Vodka burned but it wasn't all that bad. Just a little. She picked up a bottle of Margarita for his next drink swaying on her toes.

Last edited:
((Just so you know, margarita is a mixed drink, not a distilled alcohol. It's not made and then packaged in a bottle.))

"No chugging. My brain cells are the only things that make me useful," Adec got a new glass and had it filled with the drink. He grimaced for a moment as he stared at the drink. Please don't be as bad as the other one... Putting aside his hesitation, he took a drink of the concoction. While it didn't have the awful taste of vodka, he still didn't see the appeal of it. The taste of lemon was appreciated though. "I still don't understand why people enjoy alcohol so much."

"Just for fun." Karu shrugged before grabbing his hand and tugging him to the dance floor. She laughed dancing all goofy like both her hands entwined with his. "So what made you even want to become a librarian? It fits you but ive always thought it was for old people." she muttered blinking at him with her head cocked to the side blue eyes curious

Adec tried to keep up with Karu's dance. Eventually, however, he gave up as he began to fumble over his own feet and clothes and instead tried to stay still while also letting her move freely. Her question proved good enough reason to do so as well, "Well, I guess you could say I'm paying back the school for taking me in. It's not like I can use my powers safely, so I went with the next best thing." The thought of his powers caused the lowering of his mood as memories began to swell up. However, he tried to hide it by smiling and rebutting, "And hey, you don't have to be old to be a librarian. Most who take the job these days are young people fresh out of college."

Reactions: Karuko_TheShifter
Karu frowned. She knew he was hiding things now. Why wouldn't he tell her? She was getting irritated but she couldn't blame him. She was hiding her ears and tail but, obviously he knew about that. She just couldn't stand that even though he knew her enough, knew what she was , he didn't trust her. She thought he was her friend at least. But did it matter? She was a freak, a monster even. Maybe that's why she hadn't made any other friends.

"I see.." she muttered. She stopped her self from sighing as she pulled away from his fingers and walked up the stairs to her room. When she reached it she opened the door and closed it behind her taking her hat off and freeing her tail before sinking to the floor against the door. Would she ever be accepted? Or would she always be a freak. No one else had ears. Would she always have to hide?

She knew it was rude for a hostess to leave a party but, she was a freak after all. They just didn't know it yet. They would all leave sooner or later. Plus her head felt fuzzy, she drank too much. Nemo, her little orange kitten hopped into her lap. At least he had a understanding of her. She sighed a tear escaping.

(Sorry for late reply. I was trying to wait out the others to reply.)

"W-wait, Karu!" Adec didn't understand what he had done wrong. For a moment, he thought she had been happy talking to him then the next she was upset and had left him standing there. Even when I'm not using my powers, I still push away people. Dammit, why did I even think it would be different this time? Maybe I should just leave, she probably doesn't wants to see me again...

As he made his way past the others and to the door, he wondered what would happen if he just left. Just as his hand reached to the door handle, he froze as a thought occurred to him. If I just leave, nothing will change. Is that really what I want? Is that what mom would have wanted?

He grimaced as he drew his hand back and turned to face the stairs to the next floor. No, if I leave now, none of this would have been for anything. I need to go through with this and face my fears. He no longer knew if it was simply his mind driving him forward or the alcohol giving him courage, but he also no longer cared as he made his way up the stairs to Karu.

Once on the next floor, he began searching for his friend's hiding place, knocking at each door and listening closely for any sounds within. Finally, he came to the last door and gave it a gentle knock, "Karu, are you there?"

Karu's ears perked at the sound and her head raised from her knees. Her eyes were puffy and red. It was Adec. Didn't he know what she was? Why was he still even talking to her? She didn't know. She stood facing the door and cracking it open. She kept her gaze on the floor her ears flat. "Yes Adec?" she squeaked. She had took her shoes off and her blue eyes avoiding his gaze

Adec let out a sigh of relief, glad to that she had opened the door. He noted her eyes and realized she had been crying while he searched, "I just wanted to know why what I said upset you. I didn't mean to, you know, I'm just an ass with words."

"I don't know.." she stuttered grasping fro words. She honestly wanted to just shut the door. "I guess I can tell that youre hiding things from me.. I just want to get to know you I guees.." she was muttering. "I really do like you and..and ..I don't kow. I guess I don't blame you. " She gave a dry chuckle looking away. "If I weren't half cat id probably wouldn't trust someone like me either..or even be their friend." She shrugged. "That's only dreams though..." she bit her bottom lip. If she were a human would Adec be so secretive? Would they be even more than friends?

Adec had spotted her ears early in the school art room, so the revelation did not surprise him, "You think just because you're a nekomimi that I don't trust you? Karu, no, that's not it... It's just, my powers have actually hurt people I care about. I don't like to talk about the past or become close with others because of them. It has nothing to do with you."

"Its just I've never actually..had any friends..and..I...I don't know. If you don't want to get close to me.. I guess I understand now.." She said beginning to close the door. Why did she have to have fluffy ears and pink hair? She hated it. It never did anything for her.

Adec quickly shoved his foot between the door and the frame to keep her from closing the door. He bit down on his bottom lip to keep a yelp back before speaking, "I do want to become closer to you, I just don't want to talk about my past yet. Please, just understand, Karu."

"Y-you do?" her eyes widened and ears perked up as her flush came back. She opened her door a little wider leaning against the frame her gaze hopeful. Her room was huge. She had a pink comforter king sized bed and a small zebra print carpet in front of it, a running fireplace in front of that. Just across from her door was a balcony that looked over the backyard and next to her bed was a door that led to the study. Nemo came running out tackling Adec's right foot biting at his leg with tiny kitten teeth.

@Conrad Norwood

"Of course I do," Adec flinched when the cat began to assault his leg. Reaching down, he managed to gently pull Nemo off him. Holding the cat up, he began to examine and pet the orange feline, "Who's this little troublemaker?"

Karu smiled running into him and throwing her arms around him. "Ok." she muttered into his shirt purring. "I understand." she backed away glaring at the little kitten her hands on her hips. "Bad Nemo! You shouldn't tackle people." she stuck her tongue out at the kitten who blinked at her.
I think he likes me more than you, Nemo teased.
"Ohhh." she growled at the kitten balling her fists. She hated she could read his mind. She looked to Adec. "Hey everyone's leaving, so we can study if you want." she smiled.

"And if you don't have a ride back I have guest bedrooms. Theres one next to the twins room." she flushed hoping he'd stay. Apparently he wasn't living with his parents. She took his hand dragging him into her room

@Conrad Norwood

Last edited:
"Oh, sure, that sounds good," Adec replied as he stepped in and began to look the room over, still petting Nemo all the while. He noted that Karu didn't have a work desk within her room. Then again, she certainly didn't seem to care much about school work before we met. Sitting down on the bed, he set Nemo down his lap before looking back up to his hostess, "So where would you like to start? Math, reading comprehension, anything is fine."

Status
Not open for further replies.