Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheBitterBunny

Original poster
Brivid Academy
For the magically gifted.
Headteacher: Dean J. E Howlett
A massive piece of beautiful greek architecture stands in a meadow, surrounded in wood. There are 4 buildings, forming a large clearing in the middle. 2 are dormitories, 2 are class buildings. The students mess around, chat, talk and study in their rooms or in broad daylight. But although it may seem a very grand school, it also seems quite ordinary. That's where you're wrong. These students each have magic, supernatural powers, or maybe they aren't human. It's a collection of people with extraordinary gifts or other species, designed specifically to hone their skills and expand their minds.

My rules are...:
1. All Iwaku rules apply
2. Romance is permitted, but no sex. Keep that to PMs.
3. Cussing/Swearing is allowed. But don't just use it at every single opportunity!
4. Any species, sexual preference or anything is allowed. NO DISCRIMINATION!
5. Anything you're unsure about? Pm me and I'll answer.
6. You don't have to follow the IC instructions, but you will ICly face a punishment. After all, rules are made to be broken...

IC rules are...:
1. Attend all classes or face a punishment.

2. No fighting, but you are allowed to practice your abilities with your peers.
3. Treat everyone with the respect you would want for yourself.
4. Homework must be handed in when it is due for.
5. Don't interrupt the Dean during a meeting

xxx Period 1 Period 2 Break Period 3 Period 4 Lunch Period 5
Monday
Mathmatics
(Dungeons)
Free xxx
Universal Literature
(East building tower room)

Power training
(Courtyard)
xxx
Science and magic
(West building tower)
Tuesday Free
Science and magic
(West building tower)
xxx
Power training
(Courtyard)

Science and magic
(West building tower)
xxx Lore (The Library)
Wednesday
Assembely
(Courtyard)

Mathmatics
(Dungeons)
xxx
Power training
(Courtyard)
Lore (The Library) xxx Free
Thursday
Power training
(Courtyard)

Universal Literature
xxx
Science, magic and lore
(West building tower)
Free xxx
Science and magic
(West building tower)
Friday Lore (The Library)
Science and magic
(West building tower)
xxx Free
Mathmatics
(Dungeons)
xxx Lore (The Library)
Saturday
Power training
(Courtyard)
Free xxx
Power training
(Courtyard)
Lore (The Library) xxx
Universal Literature
Sunday Free Free xxx Free Free xxx Free
Mathematics = Normal maths
Universal literature = English and literature from all walks of life.
Power training = Training specifically tailored to an individual's needs
Lore = Education about different races' history, religion and geography.
Science and magic = explaining theories of why magic works and general scientific studies.
Free = A free period for students to do as they wish.

Karuko enters the school with her books clutched close to her chest. She wore strap sandals with a white sweater and a black flare skirt. Her pink hair was pulled back in a ponytail topped off with a black bow. With a beanie covering the top of her head she struggled not to bounce in excitement as she made her way towards an empty table since shed been there early. Her sky blue eyes glowed with excitement. She couldn't wait to meet new people.

"Another semester, another book shipment," Adec sighed in relaxed joy as he began finishing up the first of term book organizing. He always enjoyed his work in the library, almost as much as reading itself, and people had already taken up calling it his domain.

"Whatever keeps them happy and gentle with the books, I guess," Adec placed the final book on the shelf before checking his watch. His eyebrows shot up in surprise as he realized the welcoming assembly was about to begin, "Crap, I have to leave now!" Heading into the hallway, he locked the room behind him before heading for the auditorium.

((Wow we already screwed this up. So, there's a nekomimi in the dungeons and a mage walking towards the auditorium... where should I go... And how do you like this, bunny. a bit bitter perhaps? I'm so good with puns...))

Kagami was in an incredibly good mood that morning, considering it was the morning on which she would begin studies, a subject she oh so hated. She had gotten to school the night before, claimed a room on the very top floor of the dormitory, promptly gone to sleep. As a result, she had woken up at about 4 AM today. She had entered the educational part of the campus an hour and a half previously, when she noticed the first signs of people, and had spent the entire time after that floating through walls wearing a kitsune mask to try and scare people. As she was doing this, she managed to find her way into a small room that was actually under the ground. She once more became incorporeal, and walked into the room, through the wall, without so much as glancing at the door. The room was empty except for a couple of students. One was sitting quietly, staring out of the window in a very generic manner. The other had bright pink hair and was wearing a ridiculous hat. She remained incorporeal, unseen by either of them, walked slowly over to the girl, and carefully removed her hat, which then appeared to float through the air until it landed on the head of the generic student at the window who Kagami realised would probably be an NPC if it were a game.

(We're starting as if it were just before Monday 1st period, just to let you know.)

Sekitan Suzuui stood outside of the Dungeon door. He was waiting for the new kids to arrive. It was a new term and a new year, a variety of students would be joining him this year. He anticipated their arrival. Early as always, he waited, arms folded and chin up, his lips formed in a casual smile. His hands absent-mindedly reached for his bright blue hair, tied in a ponytail, as always. Without really realising it, Sekki, or "Shush" as his nickname used to be for rambling too much - a habit he sharply quit, was surprisingly regimented. He always woke up at precisely 5:04 AM each morning, before taking a shower, and getting dressed, always finishing at exactly 6:38 AM. Then maybe he'd do something else like drawing or practice violin. Until it was 8:22, time to leave for class, which he'd arrive 20 minutes early for, every single day.

Having finished with the assembly early, Adec headed down to the dungeons with school supplies in hand. He was ready for the class, just like every other. What he wasn't ready for was one of his classmate to already be standing outside the door. He silently cursed to himself as he slid into a spot near to the door but far enough away so as to minimize his chances of being noticed by the student.

((My bad, amigos, I done goofed with the whole assembly thing.))

((Wow we already screwed this up. So, there's a nekomimi in the dungeons and a mage walking towards the auditorium... where should I go... And how do you like this, bunny. a bit bitter perhaps? I'm so good with puns...))

Kagami was in an incredibly good mood that morning, considering it was the morning on which she would begin studies, a subject she oh so hated. She had gotten to school the night before, claimed a room on the very top floor of the dormitory, promptly gone to sleep. As a result, she had woken up at about 4 AM today. She had entered the educational part of the campus an hour and a half previously, when she noticed the first signs of people, and had spent the entire time after that floating through walls wearing a kitsune mask to try and scare people. As she was doing this, she managed to find her way into a small room that was actually under the ground. She once more became incorporeal, and walked into the room, through the wall, without so much as glancing at the door. The room was empty except for a couple of students. One was sitting quietly, staring out of the window in a very generic manner. The other had bright pink hair and was wearing a ridiculous hat. She remained incorporeal, unseen by either of them, walked slowly over to the girl, and carefully removed her hat, which then appeared to float through the air until it landed on the head of the generic student at the window who Kagami realised would probably be an NPC if it were a game.
"G- Ah!" A surprised squeal filled the room as the girls hat was taken from her head. She quickly covered her ears with her hands as she dropped to the floor and tugging her hood over her head. She gave out a quick breath hoping her ears hadn't been seen and stood quickly scanning the roombefore her blue gaze landed on the boy. "Hey whyd you do that..? G-Give me my hat!" Tears brimmed her eyes as she held her left hand out furiously. Luckily hed been the only other person in the room

((Im confused.)) x.x

M.A.G.D.A was finally making her way to the dungeon, content to be done in the Dean's office, it had been rather boring having to listen in on one of her creators asking for certain things to be kept in mind when setting up her dorm arrangements along with the means for her to 'sleep' when night time came around. She was quite liking the overall look of the place though she could do without the amount of noise she made whenever she got inside a building, her feet clanking each time she took a step or the occasional sparking of her thaumic scarf. "It might have been a sound decision to ask the creator to soundproof my boots; ah." Mag went quite upon spotting Shush at the entrance to the classroom, slowing down her approach as she took her time looking him over, trying to figure out how she'd go about her first solo interaction with another person.

Adec looked up from a small book he had brought with him to watch as the girl yelled at the boy. He noticed her cat ears before she could cover them up and wondered why she was acting so upset about them. He never noticed as the female android entered the room.

(Karuko, do not quote people's posts on an IC thread. you do that only if there's a big rush of posts and you want the poster of the quote to see it. I am going to read every post that is made here, so just post normally.)

Kagami turned around as she heard the squeal come from the girl. She was so surprised by the girl's reaction that she accidentally forgot about keeping the invisibility up, and promptly re-appeared. She was laughing hysterically, unable to control herself from the combination of the girl's trauma and the boy's confused expression. When she regained sanity, or rather, whatever shred of sanity she had in the first place, she walked over to the girl. "You know, I don't know why you're bothering to cover your head. It's pretty obvious you're some kind of -mimi. It's pointless trying to hide it. It's going to come out sooner or later, and you'll only be more embarrassed the longer you hide it. Had you not noticed yet? Everyone's inhuman here! For Amaterasu's sake, I just spent the last hour walking through walls!" She hated herself for this habit she had. It completely ruined her image. She had this terrible mental defect called "being concerned about people if you think you've taken a prank too far."

His spidey senses were tingling. He noticed a disturbance in the force.

Sekki noticed a ripple in his field of sixth sensory. He turned around, sensing (looking is the wrong word, since he always has his eyes closed) for a fellow student, but couldn't quite notice one. Weird, his senses never lied to him, after all, they were senses - they couldn't lie. Well, they might not be telling him the right information. Not that it really mattered anyway, he wasn't that eager to see new classmates. If they were idden from view, it was probably for a reason. And maybe the fact that Bunny didn't want to force Sekki to find Adec out, just in case Conrad didn't want that. He began imagining himself in seal form. He had never actually seen himself in the mirror - he could if he wanted to, but he imagined the carpets would be rough and irritating on his skin, and just generally awkward. They had whiskers, he could feel them. Even in human form, or even horse form, he still had his sixth sense, even if he didn't have whiskers. Well, not hat it mattered.

He rose a hand and waved at a mechanical girl. "Hola, friend!" he began walking forward, his eyes closed as usual and immediately sensed who the ripple was. It was a tall young man, who appeared to be holding a book of sorts. A squeal pierced his ears, which was followed by a cacophony of laughter, that came from just one person, who seemed to be a girl who could somewhat vanish at will. This laughter was succeeded by an explanation of why whatever happened, it seemed to be a revelation of the squealing girl's species, was perfectly legitimate. He hated social awkwardness, and would do anything in his power to socialize.

"Math..." Anne muttered, making her way to the dungeons: an appropriate classroom for the subject if you were to ask her. It was probably the last thing she thought she'd be doing at a supernatural academy. She glances at the teacher, before walking into the classroom, not really paying attention to what was going on. She took a seat randomly, before observing the room. "Wait, what's going on?" She asked Someone was upset for some reason. It's only the first class of the first day of school, what could've happened already?

(Oh, Shush isn't a teacher, he's just standing outside the class. I'll play a NPC teacher once we're all in.)

Adec quickly pulled his hood of his dark cloak up, blending in perfectly with the wall while he waited. If he could avoid being seen, he would take it. Once the teacher arrived and unlocked the door, he quickly rushed in and sat in a seat at the front of the class, ready for the coming lesson as he had already studied in his book.

((There you go again with the OOC :P))

Kagami payed no attention to the people who had begun to enter the room. She instead used some very minor telekinesis to retrieve the obnoxious hat and return it to the girl, before slumping into the seat next to her. She sat there for a few seconds, before apparently realising that this was in fact going to be a lesson. She materialised a pad of paper onto the desk in front of her, evidently trying to show of her ability to manipulate existence in such a casual way. She looked at the girl, who seemed to be slightly more cheerful after regaining her head covering. "Name's Kagami. Appropriate don't you think?"

"Hello Class, take a seat. Boys with boys, girls with girls, I don't really care as long as you behave. We're going to start our topic right away - Numbers. Now, our first lesson will be about rounding numbers. Sounds pretty basic? Well it is. But just saying, this is Level 9 stuff. You'll pass with a Level 9 if you do this. Like seriously. A level 9."

It seemed everyone had arrived, Shush sat in the middle row, by the window. The window, of course was an illusion as they were underground.

(For those that don't know, our grading system is going to be in numbers, with 1 being a "Did not Start" and 9 being 100% 4 or below is a fail.)

Mag mirrored the motion he made with his arm exactly, taking a short pause before responding with words. "Hello, amigo." Internally she was smiling but her expression remained unchanged as she marched on, heading to the center of the classroom. Upon reaching one of the center most desks in the classroom she'd stop once again, silently staring at it for the longest time, a plethora of scenarios playing through her head. "Are there any sturdier seating options? After playing out a few scenarios I've come to the conclusion that there is a... 87% chance of it breaking if I rested the entirety of my weight on it." She'd ask no one in particular but loud enough for quite a few to hear.

Adec sighed, knowing the right thing to do was offer the seat next to him, "Yes, there is, miss." He pointed at the seat next to him for the android to see.

"Well, I'm sure little-miss-conjurer over there could conjure you up a iron block or something, hey Kagami?" Shush had felt a sudden arrival of a pad of paper, which hinted at the fact this girl had made it appear in front of her. The girl's name was Kagami. She mentioned the fact it suited her. Was it because she was a mirror? Or that we resembled a type of koi? He would have to find out by talking with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.