Breaking Free

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thrash around, using my tail and head to destroy walls, buildings, humans. As the paint from my wings begin to register, and my scale begins to turn red from the blood coming from the wings blood vessels. I spot a new figure, on fire, 2 times taller than a human. Sensing a possible threat, I turn towards the figure, not yet growling.

Echo gazed at the dragon for a long moment, seeing the pain and rage in his eyes that may have been residing within his soul for a millennia. It was difficult for most Shadows to comprehend the meaning of time, and she was no exception. She approached him slowly, never braking eye contact with the dragon unless she must, viewing it as both a form of disrespect and submission. Several guards approached her with their guns blazing at her smoky form. The bullets were absorbed into her flesh, allowing their warmth to be sucked from the metal before falling to the ground around her. "Would you care for some assistance?" she asked, her voice like the final, hushed whispers of a dying flame. She stood a good ten yards back in an act of mutual respect, a moderate distance for the both of them, given their sizes.

I glare at the tall creature, until it makes the request. The glare softens a little, and I'm about to refuse until I realize my wings are still shredded. I slowly relax, occasionally kicking an attacking human, and open my wing slightly, showing the cuts and the wire that keeps my wing from opening any farther.

Aldo saw the missile launch but it had been to late to call it off. Headed for the dragon he watched, but once it changed its course aldo began to worry. He saw Mako rush in the building as an explosion erupted from the missile. Aldo quickly grabbed his personal weapons and a pack filled with an extra security suit and food. he also grabbed 2 handheld special weapons. he had no clue what he would run into. At this point in time it was too late to save the grounds.
in to his mic he spoke to all who were listening "This is second in command head of security and holding bay aldo. The prisoners are free. A war is under way. within 96 hours back up will arrive. there will be 3 times the amount of people who were already here. so until then survive. you know the rendezvous point meet their in 2 hours .turn your mics off to save life until then. Aldo out. "
aldo then headed in to the woods turning his mic off to save battery life.

Mako had stopped by her first watch post at the several boundaries made at several distances. The cabin was empty and seemed perfect for her night stay, it was made hidden among huge trees and she quickly climbed it up and kicked the door open to find the bulb flickering and the place a slight mess. The guards must have fled or called for backup.

Mako fixed the bulb turning it a bit so it stayed lit and put away the things in a corner that had hogged it. She pulled the curtains and saw the smoke erupting from the building, she wasn't that far and knew she had to be on her feet. All the creatures were flooding out, they'd be hungry, angry and hateful, they'd do anything.

She loaded her magazine with the custom bullets provided for tests on subjects and they were pretty effective. She knew this should buy her time if an encounter were to happen. She turned the bulb off and sighed as she opened the gprs map in her phone to mark her rendezvous spot.

Since the jail was locating in the center of the island it only made sense that the shores were pretty far. Mako had only one mission at that moment, survive and escape.

Echo slowly strode the few remaining paces closer to the dragon so that she might see the damage done clearer. The metal was jagged and roughly cut into the barbs, which each had their own miniature spikes that ran across their surface. It was meant to catch and rip flesh, and it had clearly succeeded in that aspect. His wings were the only part of his body that lacked the protection of scales and needed to be tended to immediately. She might be able to remove the metal from his form, if he would allow her to touch his skin. For the time being she would only rid him of the excess material that he was tangled under. She raised her hand over the metal and walked around him in a large circle, black blobs of steaming flesh dripping from her fingers. The metal sizzled and bubbled like oil upon contact before liquidating on the ground around the dragon. Echo raised that same hand slowly in practiced precision, and the droplets began to crawl up the metal, stopping inches away from his body so as not to burn him. The end result was satisfying, but the small metal shards that were still impaled into his leathery wings would need to be plucked by hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
((Dragons have skin, but it's protected by lightweight, thick scale. The only skin part that was vulnerable were the wings; so the wings were the only places that were cut. The wire is nothing more than metal rope when it comes to my dragon's scales.))

Haru had eventually slowed down after her initial bolt, resting against a nearby tree as the explosion from the missile went off. "Idiotic humans..." Haru muttered to herself after she had caught her breath. If she had a tail it would be swishing in annoyance. "Now I'll never get my nap!" Pushing herself away from the tree she began somewhat leisurely walking now that there didn't appear to be any immediate danger, occasionally muttering to herself about the inability to nap in such a noisy area.

(( [MENTION=5836]RogueSteeler[/MENTION] I edited my previous post. Please tell me if it's still incorrect as far as dragon detail ))

Eon stopped a good distance away as a deep shudder ran through the earth and an explosion was heard from the direction he had just come from. He kept his body firm to resist the pull of imbalance that threatened to make him fall. Large chunks of dirt and roots rained around him soon after, causing him to run off once more to avoid getting hit. Maybe he would just have to find where that girl from before went so he could entertain himself for a bit. There was something about her mind that attracted him. Literally. Following the same sensation he had felt when Mako had felt his presence in the bushes, Eon couldn't help it as a loon's smile spread across his face.

((Yup, it's good.))

I extend my wing out to allow a better view and reach of my wing's surface, curling my head around to watch the large creature, and being careful not to step in the pools of molten metal.

Echo waited until the opening of the dragon's wings gave her his unspoken permission to approach further. She reached her arm out slowly, leaving a gap of several inches to prevent the heat from her hand accidentally scalding the delicate material. The liquid like substance receded from her fingers, leaving a thin layering of flesh behind that was her true body, beneath the armour of her outer skin. Like pliers, she gently removed the shards of metal from his wings, with a hint of unnatural dexterity and efficiency that made the areas most sensitive, less so to the pain based on the angles of removal. With every piece she pulled out, it was tossed over her shoulder or more often flung at an approaching human who would only be a nuisance, until she was finished within a few minutes time. Being so, she returned back to her initial place ten yards away, watching the dragon's movements carefully for any pieces she may have missed.

Crystal looked around in surprise. "Huh? Where did everyone go?" She cried out as she was hovering in the sky. She seemed to have lost everyone as they were all escaping from the missile. "Now, where do I go?" She said as she began to fly around again trying to see if she could spot anyone she recognized, preferably one of the ones she was with before the missile hit. At least she wasn't running into any humans that were trying to capture her, they didn't even come for her. Her guess was they either didn't know since she was so small no one really cared or they were busy with something else.

(([MENTION=5556]ScarletNova[/MENTION] I think smoke from the compound would be a teensy bit obvious as to where a fire-breathing dragon would be... xD))

I shake myself, like a dog after getting out of the water after a swim, and dip my head towards the tall being, in respect. I stretch out my wings, and crush an insane rushing human.

Echo bowed her head in acknowledgement of the honor, before raising her head skyward. The smoke was thickening and spreading outwards to reach further sections of the island, partially blocking the sun from casting its full light. A human broke into her thoughts as he came running at her, gun blazing and open mouth screaming. Why was it, she wondered, that these creatures took to habit so easily. They have a given plan, and many stick to it, even if it means a fruitless death. She walked over to the man and layed her bare hand on his unprotected neck. Nothing seemed to change until he suddenly froze solid, every muscle locking up as the heat was taken from his body, turning him into a pale blue corpse. Perhaps she wouldn't have killed the soldier he they hadn't locked her up for so long. The thought surprised the Shadow, who was not naturally accustomed to feeling in such a way.

Crystal thought she could see something in the distance, she squinted with her small eyes. "That looks like smoke." She said to herself, it's not like there was anyone there to really hear her at the moment. "I think I will go check it out." She began to fly towards the area noticing a few humans in the distance but what caught her eye was the dragon and this shadow thing. She started to fly faster towards the dragon. "Al'veren!" She shouted as loud as she could when she got to him.

I hear a rather small shout, which confused me for a moment. It sounded close, but very small... Ah, yes, the pixie. I turn my head towards the little shout, finding the small little flying person amidst the smoke and debris. I growl in acknowledgement; speaking in this form hurts my throat. I shake my wings a little bit, flinging off a little bit of the blood.

Crystal looked at the blood on his wings. "Oh no. What are you doing? You're hurting yourself." She said to the dragon, still as loud as she could be for him to hear. "You stop whatever you are doing miser." She pouted.

I raise my wing towards the pixie, reaching out with the edge of my wingtips to push the end of my wing under the pixie, providing her with a place to stand on. I just make a rumbling-like purr, already taking a distinct liking to the pixie.

((Okey, goodnight))

Echo lowered her head away from the sky once more as a small, high voice recaptured her attention to the present. It belonged to a small pixie who appeared to already know the dragon, and what's more, his name. She watched as Al'veren extended one of his wings out as a resting place for the pixie to land on. "There is a place not far from here, where I come from, whose waters can heal that which is unwell. They may be able to speed the recovery of your wings," she thought aloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.