#BoycottBeyonce

Status
Not open for further replies.
broad-brush.jpg

Not really. The issue is that BLM and feminism only focus on one demographic and they focus on identity politics. Egalitarianism doesn't do that. Hell the definition FOR egalitarianism is this:

of, relating to, or believing in the principle that all people are equal and deserve equal rights and opportunities.

BLM and feminism do NOT believe that no matter how much they sugarcoat it. Hell they don't even follow definitions of racism and sexism! So no extreme bigwigs are NOT taking over egalitarianism because it's damn near impossible.
I'll admit that feminism and BLM having their very name focus on a single demographic (Feminism, Black Lives Matter) definitely makes it easier for the extremists to take it over.
Honestly speaking, even if someone could prove to me those movements weren't majority hateful I'd still neglect from joining them just cause of the naming bias.

Buuuut, I wouldn't say that makes Egalitarianism immune to the same take over attempts.
It would just be a bit more difficult because the name of the cause doesn't support their agenda as easily.

I mean, remember Atheism+?
There's nothing in Atheism that suggests having to deal with race, sex etc.
But they still managed to make a Social Justice movement out of it.

Remember how college and University used to be a place to critically challenge and debate ideas?
Now they've been dumbed down to Safe Spaces and Women Studies.

I'll admit that feminism and BLM having their very name focus on a single demographic (Feminism, Black Lives Matter) definitely makes it easier for the extremists to take it over.
Honestly speaking, even if someone could prove to me those movements weren't majority hateful I'd still neglect from joining them just cause of the naming bias.

Buuuut, I wouldn't say that makes Egalitarianism immune to the same take over attempts.
It would just be a bit more difficult because the name of the cause doesn't support their agenda as easily.

I mean, remember Atheism+?
There's nothing in Atheism that suggests having to deal with race, sex etc.
But they still managed to make a Social Justice movement out of it.

Remember how college and University used to be a place to critically challenge and debate ideas?
Now they've been dumbed down to Safe Spaces and Women Studies.
Exactly and you made some good points. Which is why I left feminism and social justice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay.

Third time asking. *Rolls up his sleeves*

Next person who mentions feminism on EITHER SIDE OF THIS ARGUMENT is getting slapped with an official warning. BACK TO BEYONCE AND CURRENT RELATED EVENTS.
Oi, where's the follow through? Get cracking on those warnings. >:[

@Jorick

Where's YOUR follow-through? >:[ I've been at work, tackling customer service complaints and printing flyers about lawnmower parts. Y u no do dis

Nah, though, I was letting it fly because everyone was skirting the line by being juuuuust on-topic enough. It might be getting a little too far now though, so...

*Puts on his Condescending Cowboy hat*

HEY KIDS! IT'S OKAY TO GO INTO TANGENTS, AS LONG AS THEY STAY CLOSELY RELATED TO THE TOPIC AT HAND. HERE ARE EXAMPLES OF THINGS THAT WOULD COUNT AS "ON-TOPIC":

- Beyonce
- Beyonce's music
- Her 2016 Super Bowl performance and people's reactions to it
- The BPP and/or the NBPP
- Black Lives Matter
- All Lives Matter
- Other songs about sociopolitical issues/the artists of said songs
- The ethics of celebrities using their fame to push a sociopolitical agenda
- Social justice movements

MEANWHILE, HERE'S AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT'S NOT ON TOPIC:

- Your opinion on feminism and why you are or are not a feminist
- Your opinion on Gamergate and why you do or do not support it
- What you think college should be
- What you were eating at the time of the Super Bowl halftime show

SO LET'S LASSO OUR TOPIC AND STEER HER BACK IN LINE WITH THE HERD, Y'ALL.

But Astaroth... What if during the Superbowl I was eating ginger bread cookies made after Beyonce, with BLM written in Icing? ;A;

@Gwazi Magnum

What if my boot was up your ass at the time, too? >:[

That would be Anally uncomfortable... :/

@Astaroth

Well when you put it oh so well cowboy!

I don't mind celebrities using their fame to fight for a cause such as combating sex trafficking for example (which Jada Pinkett Smith is active in) but when it comes to people like Mackelmore making a song about a fallacy as ridiculous as White Privilege, I think they're idiots and need their heads examined.

I do not understand this whole 'White Privilege' thing. Exactly how am I privileged? I don't get special treatment by cops if I get pulled over. They write my ass a ticket the same way they do everyone else, and occasionally try that 'I smell something in your car, can I take a look?' Nice try buddy, I smoke cigarettes, that's the only thing you're smelling and unless you got a warrant you aren't looking at shit.

I didn't have a college education handed to me. In fact, I'm still over 30k in debt for mine.

Someone posted something on Facebook that really made me laugh a bit. It's funny how the black celebrities that are talking about how impoverished and mistreated black people are, are all wealthy. o.O If there's a problem, how come they're not donating chunks from their bank accounts to improve things? Why aren't they creating scholarships for young adults to keep them off the streets? You can run your mouth all you want, but if you're not actually doing something to help the problem than that's all your doing. The only money I've ever heard of Beyonce spending was on the Baltimore Rioters, and might I add, they were all fucking criminals! It's one thing to protest something, but when you act stupid and destroy your own city, that's criminal.

I was eating soup during the Super Bowl. I wasn't feeling well.

@Seiji

I know where you Skype. >:[

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I do not understand this whole 'White Privilege' thing. Exactly how am I privileged?

The confusion is because people don't realize you can be BOTH privileged AND oppressed at the same time. D: So a lot of the newest of SJWs tend to spew a lot of stupid uneducated bullshit.

For example a Rich Black guy has a Wealth Privilege that a Poor White Guy won't have. But that same Black Guy has to deal with the social oppression and issues of being Black that the white guy will never deal with.

Poor Black Guy vs Poor White Woman: Black guy has privilege as a male, where white lady has to deal with the shit women are giving about a lot of stuff. But white lady still has privilege of being white and dun have to deal with the black stuff.

The problem with these issues that it's WAY WAY WAY more complex than the black and white nonsense you'll see the extremists pushing out. O__O People like to harp on tiny parts of the issue and don't look at the bigger picture.

The confusion is because people don't realize you can be BOTH privileged AND oppressed at the same time. D: So a lot of the newest of SJWs tend to spew a lot of stupid uneducated bullshit.

For example a Rich Black guy has a Wealth Privilege that a Poor White Guy won't have. But that same Black Guy has to deal with the social oppression and issues of being Black that the white guy will never deal with.

Poor Black Guy vs Poor White Woman: Black guy has privilege as a male, where white lady has to deal with the shit women are giving about a lot of stuff. But white lady still has privilege of being white and dun have to deal with the black stuff.

The problem with these issues that it's WAY WAY WAY more complex than the black and white nonsense you'll see the extremists pushing out. O__O People like to harp on tiny parts of the issue and don't look at the bigger picture.
Social "issues" aren't even issues at all. Pretty much all of them revolve around people wanting society to cater to them and be responsible for their feelings. Projection and insecurity. That's all it is. Some of my previous points I made basically speak for themselves. The only REAL privilege that counts is wealth.

Ty for explaining this before I got the chance to! This is what I wanted to say. There are many different kinds of privileges.

Status
Not open for further replies.