Bound by Honor

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
A smirked had barely - BARELY - stayed off of Anrar's face as he listened to Evel and it was only when the healer left and the female Knight pulled her hand away that he finally let out a snort and chuckle as he eyed her. "Could you have lathered that on any thicker, little bird?" he questioned teasingly before his hand ran through her hair affectionately once more. He didn't need her to hold his hand to feel free to touch her, to let her know he cared. She was the only person he ever touched freely, for anything.

The blond moved away from the bed then and toward the two ice elementals who appeared uneasy about leaving him. He spoke to them quietly. "There are rooms just down the corridor for families to stay when someone is gravely injured. You can stay there. You don't need to ask for permission, just turn the sign on the door that says it's occupied so they don't give it out to anyone else."

"We should not leave you. Not in this place." Isis insisted lowly and Anrar shook his head. "I will be fine. No one is going to do anything tonight."

"And tomorrow?" Irin questioned, a serious, thoughtful expression on his face, much quieter than his twin. The fire elemental sighed, running his fingers back through his hair. "Tomorrow will bring it's own troubles and what they will come as I can not say."

Isis opened her mouth to protest again it would seem, but Irin gave her a slight flick in the arm that made her glare at him even as he pushed at her a bit. "Come, sister. Sleep would do us all good." He was firm and the female sighed, but she followed without a word and Anrar slowly closed the door after them with a sigh, eyes closed before he moved back to Evel and once again perched on the edge of the bed.

Dark green eyes searched her face as his hand found hers, holding loosely. Finally he spoke again, soft. "I won't leave you until you're better, and not even then. Do not try to make me again, understand?"

Evel looked down in a bit of shame as she nodded. "I understand... I'm sorry... I don't know what I was thinking..." She mumurred, staring anywhere but the man's face. She felt guilt start to crash back in waves. "Maybe I thought you'd find somewhere or something better than here... than me." The last bit was inaudible to anyone but Anrar. The small elf closed her eyes, trying to force her body into sleep. The herbs were helping in relaxing her muscles and soothing the pain, but they made her mind wonky. She felt a bit more intensely with the herbs.

Evel opened her eyes, too awake to fall asleep when she noticed her book. It was sitting on the bedside table, just staring at her. Had Anrar read it? She had meant for him to read it if she was ever dead or in a coma, but she wasn't either of those. Had her baba brought it? Kazo did seem like the one to do it. She felt a sudden chill run through her body when she realized that if he had read it, he would have realized that she wrote down her feelings for him. Was he trying to play it cool? See if she brought it up first before deciding to talk to her about it?

The night was suddenly a lot louder to the small elf, owls and wolves filling the night air. She felt like she was on enemy grounds. The whole world was crumbling below her and she was trying to grasp onto the last thing that made sense. The kingdom knew she was a girl. Anrar was a prince. Two of Anrar's servants had found him. She had nearly died. The princess had nearly been hurt. She was in love with her best friend. The thoughts made her head spin as she wondered how to fix them, how to make them make sense again. How was she going to keep going?

Anrar accepted the contrite apology and he knew they'd talk more when Evel was feeling better, so he merely nodded. But her continued words caused a frown to come to his face, brows furrowing in both surprise and displeasure. She honestly thought she meant so little to him that he would just leave her? That she was so insignificant that he could just replace her? Did she not realize what she was to him?

Do you?

The thought from deep inside made him pause, still and so it was that while he mulled it over, he didn't answer Evel and it wasn't until he glanced at her and caught her looking to the book that he came back to some semblance of reality. He reached out and took it in a careful hand, holding it up for the small Knight to see, his voice quiet and rumbled in the darkening room. "I didn't read it, Evel. Your father gave it to me, but I didn't read it. I couldn't. It...I felt like I'd be giving up on you if I did." The elemental carefully lifted the pillow her head was on then, just enough to slide the book under before he lowered her down again with a soft smile, the one he reserved for only her.

His fingers brushed down her nose, prompting her eyes to close.

"Sleep, my little bird. The world will feel more stable in the morning and I shall not leave your side." he assured her, fingers now carding slowly but constantly through her blond hair. He had a lot of thinking to do while he watched over her.

Evel was hesitant before tiredness overwhelmed her. She fell asleep, calmed after Anrar had started stroking her hair. Her subconscious played with her thoughts, making her think of growing out her hair now that she was technically a woman in the eyes of others. She would occasionally wince in her sleep, but that was only when something hit her back.

The night went quickly with Evel waking up in the morning with a small whimper. The herbs only worked for so long, making the poor elf sore in the morning. She felt almost worse than the day before, her wounds in between healing. The bruises that had formed now were starting to feel horrible, not counting the headache that was forming. Evel looked up at Anrar, giving a weak smile when she saw him.

The hospital was busy with people surrounding it, trying to send their well wishes to the princess savior. The hospital wasn't allowing them, feeling the amount of people would overwhelm the patient, and the fact that their hero was a female would shock them. The crowd was about to part when the royal carriage was going to ride through the streets, the king and queen feeling a lot better and wanting to meet the knight who saved their precious daughter.

Anrar hadn't slept - when was the last time he'd slept? - but that hardly mattered to him at the moment as his entire focus came to Evel at the first hint of a whimper crossing her lips. A healer had come in earlier and Anrar now had more herbs to give her, something for the bruises and supplies to clean her back and re-bandage it again. He used to volunteer in the Healing Wing in his spare time and so the healers were well aware that he knew what to do for Evel. They'd left him to the task, most of them appearing scared of him, something that actually puzzled the elemental. They'd always been a bit skittish around him, but never scared.

Had something happened?

He had no way of knowing right now and so the blond paid it little attention as he sat on the edge of the bed again. "Morning, sleeping beauty. Time for more herbs, all right?" He brushed her hair back gently before helping Evel sit up just a bit, taking it slow and easy, pausing when she winced and letting her breathe before he helped her move again. He was far more patient than even a healer. He had no where to be, nothing to do and Evel was what he cared about. It made a difference.

He handed her the poppy-seeds when she was upright enough to drink and then the water, making sure she took them. They were different herbs than the last ones, likely to not make her as drowsy, but they would dull the pain sufficiently. Once she'd taken them, he waited a good fifteen minutes for the effects to kick in, speaking to Evel about the people outside and what they were saying about her, how they were praising her and chuckling when she blushed because he knew she would.

When the pain started to dull in her eyes, that was when he helped Evel turn over and he lifted the overlarge shirt she was wearing over her back gently before peeling the bandages back, hissing lightly through his teeth at the damage done. "Oh, Evel, sweetie, what did they do to you?" he whispered without much thinking about it, fingertips just barely grazing over some of the livid bruises beside the horrendous wounds themselves. The familiar and yet foreign power seemed to rise in his chest again and the red glow came to his fingers to seep into her body, warming her, relaxing the muscles and dulling the pain even more.

He got to work then, gently, patiently cleaning out the arrow wounds and then carefully packing them with herbal paste again before he took the bruise balm and started to spread that over her skin. Every movement was made with care, without haste and with the utmost desire not to harm. He gave her times to breathe, where he did nothing and always warned before he did something new, frequently sending more warmth into her body to dull the sting of what he was doing. He eventually spoke of another thing, though, when it was time to wrap her back up in bandages.

"You know, I think you could request any position in the Knights or the Kingdom after what you did. If you were to accept a reward, what would you want?"

Evel was quiet while Anrar talked, just focusing on the fact that he was so affectionate, so careful with her. It made her feel special yet weak. She felt guild come back when he asked her what they did to her in a whisper. They did to her what they did to everyone. Try to take them down. She sighed when he started to finish up. The question was a hard one. What would she want? A higher position? Money? The hand of that one archer who was pretty handsome? If she hadn't met Anrar then maybe. But, she had and her thoughts were a bit different.

"If I were to accept a reward... I would ask for one law change." She said, thinking as he rewrapped her wounds. "I would ask that women be allowed to hold positions of political power and give them more rights than they have right now." Evel sighed as her back was completely wrapped up, glad that everything was starting to feel less awful.

When she looked over at Anrar, she noticed his eyes and how tired he was. "Did you sleep at all last night?" She asked, now looking worried as she moved back into her original position. "Anrar, you can't do that to yourself... You should take a nap. I can stay in a chair and you take the bed so you can get at least an hour of sleep." She looked quite stubborn as she moved to get Anrar somewhere comfortable enough so he could at least rest somewhat. Since her muscles felt numb, she felt a bit weird trying to move herself.

Outside, the commotion started to stop, the king and queen's carriage starting to arrive at the hospital. A hush was brought over the crowd as nurses froze, unsure of what to do. Once the carriage stopped, the king, queen, and even princess stepped out of the carriage. They all looked very happy to be healthy and home again and were looking at the nurses to let them in to see the hero they had heard from their precious daughter. The nurses held their ground though, given specific instructions by the doctor to at least inform the royals of exactly what the patient's condition was before letting them in to see her.

He looked at her closely at her answer and a smile touched his lips, rather pleased with that reply. That was his Evel. So very selfless and always thinking of everyone else, the good she could bring to their lives. And she thought herself so very useless. It broke his heart at times and made him angry at others. But right now he couldn't have been prouder of her and Anrar did nothing but shake his head as she started bothering him about his sleep. Yes, that was his Evel.

When she made to move, it wasn't hard for him to stop her, giving her a stern and yet fond expression. "You're going to do no such thing, you stubborn little imp." She was determined but he was just as much so and right now, he was the stronger and in the right. Yes, he needed sleep, but she could still bleed to death if she tore something, could have permanent damage. He wouldn't let her do that to herself, not over sleeping.

"I will sleep, I promise, but I'm not taking your bed. Now stay still." he admonished, tapping her nose for good measure.

The Head Healer decided to walk in at that moment and for a moment he looked at Anrar with some surprise as if he couldn't remember why he was there and then the elf got back on track and looked to Evel. "The Royal Family seek an audience with you, Knight Lonwood. Are you up to having visitors?"

Evel was completely surprised and shocked when the head healer said that the Royal Family wanted an audience with her, with her! She stuttered as she moved to at least sit up as best as she could. "I-I-sure! I wish I was more presentable, but let them in." She moved the pillows to support herself, trying to look a little less weak and useless on the hospital bed.

When the Head Healer left, Evel immediately started to panic. "The Royal Family... What if they want to punish me for hiding my gender? What if the princess got hurt when I was taking her back and they're blaming me... What if..." She continued to freak out, her poor slightly drugged out mind running circles in worry. What if they saw Anrar and asked for him killed. The elf was worrying too much as she ran a hand through her hair, trying to calm down.

Outside the healers were hesitant until the Head Healer told them the situation. They let the royal family in, bowing as they did. The halls cleared as people bowed and stared, wondering just who the royal family were so concerned about that they decided to meet with them in person. What they didn't know was that the elf they were going to meet was currently nearly having a mental breakdown from fear and a strange excitement.

Yes. There was his Evel.

Anrar sighed a bit and shook his head, standing and then placing his hands on either side of her face, making her still and look at him. "Evel. Little bird, stop." His thumbs brushed her skin gently, soothingly and the red heat, the strange power within him seeped into her, running down her body, through her veins, calming her. "Eveline, you saved their daughter. The princess is fine and no one is going to harm you."

He would harm anyone who tried, Royal Family or not. No one was going to punish her, not unless they went through him first and that would be a challenge in and of itself. He wasn't going to let anyone get to her. They'd have to kill him first.

"You didn't do anything wrong, Evel. They're probably coming to thank you, that's all." he assured her and then looked up as someone entered the room. It turned out to be Isis and Irin, the former having ice glowing on her hand as she threatened a healer back, Irin protesting her method as they both slipped into the room. Anrar gave the female a look, crossing his arms. "What the hell are you doing?"

"They wouldn't let us in." Isis replied with a shrug before she leaned against the wall and Irin shook his head. "I did try to stop her, but she's rather stubborn." he half-apologized before looking toward the door again. "Did I hear correctly; the King and Queen are coming?"

Anrar rubbed his face with a slight groan. "Yes. So please just...be quiet, the both of you, all right?"

Bot ice elementals merely nodded.

Evel was about to speak when the door opened. In stepped the royal family, from youngest to oldest, the king being the last. "So it is true..." The princess said, noticing the... womanly assets Evel had. "You are a girl!" She smiled, before frowning. "I guess I have to wait longer for my knight in shining armor, don't I, Mama?" Evel tried to speak, start apologizing, when the young girl started to speak again. "You were amazing, by the way. I saw you take down at least thirty of the centaurs, including the ones holding me, while injured! Then you rode back and only asked me if I was alright! You're a crazy kind of amazing, Sir, I mean, Lady Lonwood." The young girl smiled, giving the girl a friendly kiss on the cheek, serving to make Evel blush and rub her cheek in embarrassment.

"Y-your majesties, I-" She was cut off by the queen-the queen herself!-hugging her. The affection made the young elf freeze, waiting for the hit, the punchline to this sick joke. As time wore on, she found none. "My-my queen..."

"You and Knight Stormsky saved me and my husband, and then you saved my daughter. You are forever in our debt. I don't know how we could ever repay such bravery." The queen stepped away as Evel looked at the three, dumbfounded. They were... thanking her. Even after realizing that she was a girl, they still told her she was a hero... Evel nearly wanted to pinch herself to see if she was dreaming.

The king looked regretful as he continued. "However, according to law, I have to execute you for lying to the royal family and guard, even if you did save my family." The man was reluctant, a clear frown on his face as he said this. Even though she saved the one heir to the throne, Evel, by law, would have to die.

The young knight knew it was coming. "Of course, my lord. I was acting out of my role and deserve the full punishment." Of course the cheer and joy wouldn't last for long. Death and gloom always found a way to scare her. Now it came in the form of law. The council probably had to decide this to make sure that the other elves knew that even if you do something good, you are still punished when breaking the law.

Anrar had stayed quiet throughout the short visit, only watching carefully all the interactions to make sure nothing went wrong. It seemed like everything would be fine for a time, but Anrar immediately sensed the change in the atmosphere, in the room before the male monarch even spoke and when King Davik finally did say what he felt he had to say, Anrar immediately bristled, feeling heat work its way under his skin, dangerous heat. This was bulls**t. She had saved their daughter, Princess Saraca, from death and Queen Nefenari had the nerve to say that she didn't know what could be done to repay Evel?!

Perhaps giving her life might be far too much to ask! Morons, all of them!

The King could frown all he wanted. This would hardly effect him. He'd go back and be whole with his wife and daughter. He'd have all the comforts Royalty brought and they'd all forget about Evel. But Anrar...he'd die inside. Everything bright and good in his entire existence would be gone.

And then he'd kill them all.

"She deserves no punishment." His voice actually came out rather steady, something he would have never expected and both Isis and Irin got looks on their face that verged on extreme familiarity and extreme wariness, even fear at that tone. They knew that tone. Even when they'd all been children, they'd know that tone. They weren't sure the elves had a clue what it meant, though. His dark eyes pierced them all. "This law is wrong, but I have not the power to make you change it. I do, however, have the power to offer Eveline protection from you."

The King looked like he would speak and Anrar cut him off with nothing but a sharp look, rising to his full height and something seemed to change in his demeanor, seemed to become more. "I am Anrar StormSky Noldoron of the Elementals, Prince of Senecra and from this moment onward, I claim Knight Eveline Lonwood as my betrothed. To harm her will be to declare war with the Elementals."

The words came from some unknown depth of himself, spoken with the true air of a Prince and Anrar wasn't going to back down.

As soon as the words left Anrar's mouth, Evel blushed twenty times darker than she normally would. "A-Anrar-You-what-I-wait-what-I-" She stammered as she tried to wrap her mind around the fact that he basically just announced that he was going to marry her even though he normally showed no visible signs of having feelings for her in any way, shape, or form.

Princess Saraca smiled as she gave a small squeal. "Oh that is so romantic! Daddy, you can't be so strict now, can you? Besides, war with the centaurs is straining our kingdom enough without having the elementals after us to." The young girl smiled as she looked over at Anrar, imagining her own prince doing that for her before looking at her father, nearly pleading him to let him leave with Evel.

The king smiled before chuckling. "I guess that works. I congratulate you on your betrothal. I wish I could stay longer, but I have other matters to attend to. I wish you a quick recovery, Miss Lonwood, or maybe I should say Lady Noldoron now." The king winked before leaving with the queen and his daughter, who wished them both luck before leaving.

Evel was still too shocked to speak, stammering nearly wordlessly as the suddenness of the events caught her off guard.

That had almost been too easy.

There had been no surprise about who he was. No question as to how he could prove such a thing. No challenge. No formalities. Yes, no formalities at all like taking him to the throne room, having someone confirm who he was, treating him like a visiting Prince. If they truly believed him then they would have wanted to know more; why was he here? Why had he been here the whole time and not with his people? Who were these people with him? Had Evel known all along? Had he? How did he know now?

No, something was fishy about this. Something he didn't like at all. How could a King be so lax with another monarch of a rival Kingdom or even a friendly Kingdom, especially after so many lies had been told, devious plans hatched against him and his family?

Anrar didn't understand it.

Perhaps there was a reason the elves were losing the war and the Centaurs thought they'd be easily overthrown.

The thought didn't stay long, though as Irin's hand suddenly descended on his shoulder and Anrar started a bit, but looked at the ice elemental who gestured to Evel. Oh, gods, Evel. He'd not warned her or asked her. Oh, what must she think of him. He had to tell her....what? What should he tell her? That he hadn't meant it? He had. And that's what startled him so much in this moment. He'd meant it. Every word of it. He was Prince of the Elementals and he'd just accepted that title. He would protect Evel. He would have gone to war over her. And...he would marry her.

Stars above, he WANTED to marry her.

He didn't know when that had happened, when his mind had made itself up, but it had and now the fire elemental moved toward the small elf on the bed. His dark green eyes met her shocked color of a lighter shade and Anrar wanted to say the right words to make those eyes flood with happiness instead, but he didn't know what would reassure her. He knew his little bird so well...until he didn't. She was so very fragile, so vulnerable and doubtful of her own worth. He could say nothing that would make her truly, absolutely believe him. But maybe he should show her.

His palm found her cheek and Anrar did nothing more than lean down, his lips capturing her own in a soft kiss, but certainly not a chaste one. No, he was no kissing her as a friend or a brother, or even a protector. He was kissing her as a lover might because he did, he loved her and this was the only way he could think to show her that in the simplest way possible.

She was dreaming. That was the only way to explain it. How else was it real that Anrar was there, kissing her, and wanting to marry her? She felt herself relax into the kiss and even respond before pulling away. She wanted to ask him to tell her she wasn't dreaming or say something witty like 'about time!' but she couldn't really say anything. She simply just hugged Anrar, trying to show that she liked him too.

The poor girl was completely surprised and shaking, tears of joy starting to make there way down her cheeks. She couldn't believe it... It was almost a bit too much to believe that Anrar loved her. She smiled as she buried her head in the crook of his neck, just wanting to be held for a little bit to soak all of it in. She was going to be his wife... he liked her, loved her enough to want to marry her.

The royal family went back to the castle where the king immediately summoned his court. He sent out the proclamation that Eveline Lonwood and Anrar Stormsky were to be banished as soon as Evel was fully healed.

He was very afraid in that moment that he'd overstepped a huge boundary, that he'd read the signals all wrong, that this wasn't what she wanted at all and that he'd completely ruined their friendship...but then she kissed him back and Anrar felt his heart immediately soar, every beat the strong flap of a bird's wings as it took flight. She was kissing him back! She loved him, too! She actually, really loved him. He hadn't just imagined it, dreamed it.

The thought of it was staggering and the fire elemental was more than happy to simply hold her delicately - careful of Evel's back - to bury his face in her hair and inhale her strongly. She was his. She'd always been his friend, had been his in a way, but now it was different. Or maybe it was and now his protective, possessive instincts concerning her just had a name; love. He loved her and she was his and he'd be damned if anyone was going to harm her again.

The thought caused a something hot to flare inside him, his power again, but Anrar didn't know how to explain what it was and so he left it be for now. Instead he finally pulled back a bit and cradled Evel's face in his hands, looking into her eyes with a smile that radiated like the sun. Not a half-smile, not the small smiles he always gave her. This was a real smile, wide and joyous.

"I have loved you for so long." he whispered to her.

Evel laughed a little bit, still not entirely sure this was reality. "We're both dense, huh?" She said, wiping away her tears. "And now I'm crying again... What is it with me and tears?" She sniffled as she tried to get herself to stop crying. What was with her and constantly bursting into tear lately? She wished she wasn't so injured, then maybe she could actually do things with Anrar and not just lie there in the bed, crying. She wanted to do things instead of lying there, useless and looking upset even though her crush had just confessed his love to her!

Evel smiled a bit as she leaned toward his ear. "And for the record, I love you too." She leaned back to turn to the other two. "I'm sorry about this, it's probably making you two feel so awkward." She rubbed the back of her head, blushing as she leaned against Anrar. The elf seemed a bit almost uncomfortable at the thought of making someone else feel awkward.

After the king made the declaration, the messengers were quick to spread the word. They also were required to say that Evel was a girl, which caused much uproar in the kingdom, wondering just how a woman got into the knights and why she was being banished along with her betrothed when she saved the princess. Many people were starting to go to the castle to question the king, ask him just what made him think that they needed to be banished.

Oh, yes, they were both very dense indeed.

Anrar laughed softly a her words of crying and he did nothing more than give her a kiss on the forehead, brushing her hair back afterward. "Not all tears are bad, little bird." was his quiet reply before she answered back with her own and the happiness that flooded his heart and entire being could have lit up the whole room. He simply smiled at Evel, the smaller smile he always gave her before his dark eyes went to the two ice elementals who were watching them both with completely unaffected expression unless it be a small tugging of a smile on both their faces.

Irin shook his head toward the female Knight. "No, in truth we are fine, simply happy for our Prince." The male twin glanced at his counterpart and Isis, though, she was smiling a little, said nothing. It made Irin frown, but he said nothing, knowing why she might be reacting the way she was. Neither of them had told Anrar that particular detail, though, and now did not seem to be the right time to bring it up.

Hardly the right time.

"Frankly, I am surprised you two did not realize what you felt for each other sooner." Isis finally chimed in and Anrar rubbed a hand over his face with a slight groan. "We've been a little busy with other things. Like not being assassinated."

"You do realize you can't stay here."

The fire elemental sighed. "I know, but from what you've told me, I can't go back to my own people either."

Evel looked between Anrar and the two. "Is this about what the faeries told us?" She asked Anrar, concerned. It was normal to have people who wanted the throne, but right now, it was a huge problem for the two. Elementals would hunt Anrar down to make sure he wouldn't rise up and take their power. That meant they had two options. Fight back, or keep running until the enemy stops chasing them.

She knew Anrar wouldn't be content with just running. Hell, she wasn't content with just running. How would they fight though? And if they were to leave at that moment, she wouldn't be able to keep up with them. Anrar wouldn't leave her behind, the stubborn man. Things were just getting more and more complicated. What about his sister? If these two told him about the elemental kingdom's condition, they should know if his sister was at least alive or something, right?

"Things just love to complicate themselves, don't they?" Evel muttered. She had no clue what to do and no idea what exactly was going on. How did she ever get sucked into this mess again?

"That they do." Anrar mumbled back, more than agreeing with her. He hadn't had a great deal of time to digest what the twins had told him on the way here, but now he started to think on it and the blond took a seat on Evel's bed, leaning back against her pillows with her. He then proceeded to scold her lightly. "You shouldn't be on your back. That's not going to help you injuries, little bird." Even as he spoke, he very, very carefully helped her body turn to her stomach, her chest resting slightly on his own as his fingers started to card through her hair, encouraging her to lay her head against his heart.

Finally he sighed and answered her first question.

"This has something to do with the faeries, but it's more...in depth." he started slowly, glancing at Isis and Irin who remained silent, merely listening and ready to correct if he got something wrong. "The twins have informed me that when Annara and I left the Faeries to come back home, it was our own uncle that attacked our escort. Aaknor, my father's brother, was the one behind the uprising that killed my parents, but that was not discovered until after Aaknor had gained power. He meant to kill both me and my sister when the Faeries sent us back, but the rebels loyal to my parents tried to stop them and a battle broke out."

The fire elemental explained all of this without emotion. None of it triggered a memory within him, not even when he spoke of the very thing that had driven him from his kin and all he'd known. "Isis and Irin don't know the details of that fight as they were only children themselves, but they say that the rebels were driven back and my uncle won. He seemed to change his mind about killing Annara and he took her with him. I was somehow separated from everyone and was assumed dead."

"The rebels have been searching for you for some time now, though, because of the whispers of the Centaur, about the Nosič Úmrtia. We were hopeful that you still lived." Isis chimed in and Anrar nodded, giving a sigh into Evel's hair and his chest rising with a deeper breath as he started to speak again, still not seeming very effected by all this. It was hard to determine if he was just pushing it away, not wanting to feel it or if he truly did not mind his own history because he didn't remember it.

"Now my uncle has stepped down and my sister is on the throne, but if the twins are to be believed, she is worse than he was. The rebels believe she has found out that I live and it does not please her."

"Annara was raised by Aaknor. She has not always been corrupted. There was a time she did love you, Prince." Irin said quietly, trying to soften the blow it seemed and Anrar said nothing for it seemed to him in that moment that everything his life touched turn to ashes around him.

Evel frowned and hugged Anrar as tightly as she could. She said nothing, feeling like she couldn't say anything after that. His own sister... corrupt after being raised by the wrong man. Why was it always Anrar? She simply listened to his heartbeat, comforted by the rhythm. "Good character is corrupted by bad company..." She said, remembering the different proverbs Kazo had forced her to memorize when she was younger. "Well this is unfortunate..." What could she say? How do they plan to kill her? That would just be insensitive to Anrar.

"So what do we do now?" There. That wasn't so insensitive. It was a simple question. Evel felt a spasm in her back and closed her eyes, trying to just ignore the pain. She dug her fingers into Anrar's clothes, ignoring the cramping following the spasm. She listened for the options or answer the people in her room would give, ready to analyze and see just what they thought the three should do.

The messenger outside of the hospital room was scared. He had seen what Anrar could do when someone messed with Evel. It made it worse hearing that they were now engaged. Oh, what to do... What to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.