Blorbs: Discussion Thread

Do you want to set sail on the ship once it's completed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blorbs can sing?

Blorbs can do anything.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Alphakoka
I need to see this choir in action now... :3

Reactions: Neobullseye
I have never heard of this before, but it is beautiful and @Elendra and whoever came up with this deserve an infinite cookie spawner.

::label(start)
::spawn(cookie)
::goto(start)
I was the one who made... well I dunno about original concept but the creatures, setting, worlds, cosmology, and finer points of the game are me.

ALSO, wrong thread for commands, did you mean to post those in the Game Thread?

Then double infinite cookie generators to you! :D

No, that was just a joke for you. :3

That feeling when someone is actually following me.
ALSO
PITHULHU WHEN?

I'm sure everyone is happy with the newest update.

Zed smashes the creature against the tree in an attempt to kill it. It's not dead yet.

The creature lets out a scream.
I swear, if this ends up getting us all killed, I'm going to rise from my grave and commit necromancy just so I can kill you again, Zed! D:

Man, my notifications for this suck.

Sorry about laggin' behind.

But what if it's cursed

Since I'm a bit late to put in an action for this turn, hopefully I can serve as an example to new players about how commands can work to your benefit or be annoying.

If you declare some action that will take more than one turn, your Blorb will keep on doing that until it's done. Since my last command was "continue rightward journey down the tree and across the water," my Blorb should keep on moving in this turn because I had a continuing action still in play. If I were to not post an action for the next turn as well, my Blorb would most likely just stop at the right edge of the water until it received further commands.

So, if you want to get across the visible map and are worried that you might not be able to put in a new command for a while, putting in something like "go to the rock the lizard thing is sitting on" is a lot better than a generic "travel rightward." The former will make your Blorb stop at your destination, but the latter will make your Blorb keep going until it can't go any farther, quite possibly via death. Precision is better than vagueness, so keep that in mind for your commands.

• Useful
Combat: A Blorbs Quick Guide

Blorbs die easy. Because they can respawn, they don't have to be as tough. Most things lost on death will be your place and strength if you 'level up'.

Yeah, that's a thing. Everyone does RPG elements; so does Blorbs. Don't worry about that too much.

So, keeping to the RP idea, think of Blorbs as having 2HP. Most, not all, sources of damage do more than 2HP worth of damage, so while it's possible for a blorb to be wounded, you're more likely to see a blorb fluctuate between 'okay' and 'dead'.

The things that blorbs fight are not so flimsy, and will usually require teamwork ( or if solo, a concerted effort ) and multiple turns to kill.

Commands for combat do not need be complicated. :: Fight <name of creature> or :: Fight THAT MONSTER THING OH GOD NO will both work just fine. Adding specifics is okay too, but is more high risk high reward, or lower risk lower reward... or high risk low reward if you do something stupid.

When engaged in combat, there is a random chance for the blorb to do damage, and a random chance that the blorb will be killed. Or both. Teamwork of course decreases death chances and increases damage output.

Inactivity when something attacks you is not being engaged in combat; if you just sit there and something attacks you, you die.

Weapons and armours have uses in combat. Weapons give you more variety in how you can attack something, pretty simple.

Armours are a bit more complicated due to that whole '2HP' thing, but are still pretty simple. Worn armour decreases the chance of you being killed. A shield does that even better, as it takes up your only hand to use. Yay, balance, I guess?

That said, sometimes they simply won't be enough to offer protection.[/hr]

• Useful
Oh you pitiful bastards. Goodbye you 4.

THE TREE FORT IS NOW THE BUSH FORT.

Alright guys.

My master plan of converting the tree to an insufferable pain in the butt to glorious food on the floor utopia worked splendidly.

But it seems I've been banned from Bush Fort until I redeem myself.

SO

I've decided to improve QoL even further for everyone (no need to thank me)

I'm gonna figure out a way to drain the pond!

Status
Not open for further replies.