Blorbs: Discussion Thread

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Do you want to set sail on the ship once it's completed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually it's a mundane creature, you guys haven't encountered a magical creature yet.

But I doubt you're interested in the taxonomy of creatures in blorbs.

and if you are I could start up a FAQ thread or incorporate questions posed in this thread into a FAQ I put in the OP so answers are all in one place instead of scattered...

hrm...
Sort of a blorb wiki would be fun. I'd like to know about this Pithulhu which seems to have rekt everyone's previous lives.

Wait, what did I do to deserve being locked in a magma cavern? D:

Anyway, everyone is free to take the axe/hammer heads away from me to make actual axes/hammers with them. I thought that was obvious from the earlier bits in the discussion thread, but eh.
You ended up making actual ones with Saito's help. It was the most productive use of your command, you making the tool head and him... holding sticks and stealing sticks.

Oh that's right, Koka, technically Saito stole Kooka's stuff more than Neo did, buuuuuuuut whatever.

Sort of a blorb wiki would be fun. I'd like to know about this Pithulhu which seems to have rekt everyone's previous lives.
Actually, there already is one, albeit a very incomplete one. Do you want me to send you a link through PMs?

Noooo that'd be telling TOO much! I want you new players to learn through asking questions and seeing on your own other than reading an info dump! Speaking of, there is one, it was redacted from here by my request.

But the short of Pithulhu is, he was an Under Creature that someone decided to make a religion about.

You ended up making actual ones with Saito's help. It was the most productive use of your command, you making the tool head and him... holding sticks and stealing sticks.

Oh that's right, Koka, technically Saito stole Kooka's stuff more than Neo did, buuuuuuuut whatever.
Ah, okay, that makes sense. Still not something to deserve being locked in a death pit for though >_>.

You know, if that seaweed can be turned into a sturdy piece of rope/string, maybe we could consider building a ballista?
It's pretty short, so I think this is probably its best use. I'll bring what I've got up.

So... would there be a way to guide the water from the lake to the underground fire cavern? Something like this:
uQ0vxSm.png

That way, we both get rid of the annoying lake in the middle while simultaneously getting rid of the deathtrap below our feet.

• Useful
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Goodness knows that might cause greater horrors to be unleashed upon us. Maybe the crabs wont take kindly to the destruction of their habitat?

The fire could prove very useful for smelting or smithing, once properly ventilated.

Goodness knows that might cause greater horrors to be unleashed upon us. Maybe the crabs wont take kindly to the destruction of their habitat?
To be fair, the first time Sir Crabbington I was summoned was because of someone purposefully attacking and killing one of the smaller crabs, something that took long enough for said smaller crab to cry for help. A nigh-instantaneous death that's totally accidental might result in a different response.

Honestly though, you're probably right about that. Maybe we could try to befriend them and put them in the ocean or something first?

Then again:
The fire could prove very useful for smelting or smithing, once properly ventilated.
This is true too. The cave does seem to be horribly in the way of our ability to expand further downward though, and we're sealed in by water not too far off to either side. I guess we can make more buildings up on the surface eventually, but yeah.
Alternatively, there's a huge amount of free space on the other side of the island, so that would work too.

Koka's building a wall/floor to make the lava pit less of a death trap, and we can always dig around it or move to the other side of the island for digging purposes. We might want the lava later, so let's leave it alone for now.

I say find a way to corner off/protect some of the lava, and then eliminate the rest with water.

The lava may also exist for similar reasons to the placement of the endless oceans—to prevent us from moving too far apart. Even if we harden it, I doubt there will be much more room for digging down.

I say find a way to corner off/protect some of the lava, and then eliminate the rest with water.
Wait, Gwazi agrees with me? Gwazi, the one Blorb that has died more than everyone else? Okay, now I'm sure it was a bad idea :P

The lava may also exist for similar reasons to the placement of the endless oceans—to prevent us from moving too far apart. Even if we harden it, I doubt there will be much more room for digging down.
In that case, I say we should take for the sky! Because what barrier could possibly stop us up there? (*coughtgiantflyingbeastthingcough*)

Wait, Gwazi agrees with me? Gwazi, the one Blorb that has died more than everyone else? Okay, now I'm sure it was a bad idea :P
;A; No...

I had to face danger the most, so I know the urgency of stopping said danger.
Plus I feel the need to mention none of my actions that got me killed I was doing solo, I was just the only one consistently drawn to death over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.