Blood Fang Pack

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Should we be in the forests in the mountains, or in the forest filled valley below the mountains?

• mountains

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • valley

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blood does not look at Clyde,but replies to him through her thoughts.
"Clyde, you must use only your thoughts to communicate between us.Also,my mate hears you but does not understand.Wolves hear much better than no furs Clyde.I was discussing that you wont be able to eat cooked meat unless you can create the red dancing flowers.I am about to announce your presence to my pack," she tells him.
Blood turns to her mate and chuckles,
"No furs do not think like we do,Duff.He must not think you can hear him if he is quiet.Do not worry, I will take care of everything.Maybe later we can go to my den and speak privately,love."she tells him quietly,before turning to face the rest of the pack.

Duff listens and looks at the male,"Yeah...I can tell.Alright.I'm still keeping an eye on him..."He says cautiously.Then he looks back at Blood perking his ears up,"I look forward to talking later when we're alone."He says with a softness to his voice and smiles.

Blood smiles, she was very much looking forward to being alone with her mate. She wanted to learn more about Duff,she knew so little about him...she wondered if she could ever tell him about herself.
She knew that in time,she would tell him.What his reaction would be was unknown to her.

Communicate using only thoughts? That was strange...but worth a try. It took him a moment to figure out what she meant by "red dancing flowers"

"Y...you mean fire? I wish I could. I left most of my supplies back in my village, and I don't know how to do it using only sticks and stones, especially with how humid and damp the air is at the moment. I just might have to wait until after this storm passes..." He thought to her. Once again, he felt strange, as if he were only speaking to himself. Even though he was curious to know what the two were speaking about, he decided to stay well out of it this time. Yawning wide and shivering a bit, he leaned back against the boulder and waited patiently.

Duff smiles at her then turns his attention to the male who yawned and shivered a little.He didn't know why but seeing him shiver made him feel concerned.He lowered his ears to the sides of his head and crouched down a little.He cautiously approached the male and once he was close enough he sat down beside the male.He looked up at him wanting him to sit down and he hoped he would understand what he wanted.

Clyde flinched a bit as Duff approached him, fearing that the wolf would lunge at him. His fear soon faded and was replaced by shock when instead, Duff sat down next to him. He looked down at the wolf, unsure of what to do. If Duff were a typical house dog, Clyde would have reached a hand out to pet him. But this was no ordinary dog, this was a wolf...and an alpha wolf at that. It was clear in his mind that Duff could rip him apart with no trouble at all, if Blood gave him the order to do so.

Without thinking, Clyde sat down with his back against the cold stone, still remaining cautious of the black wolf next to him.

Duff watched Clyde sit down and rest his back against the boulder,"Smart no fur."He says.Then he stands up and cautiously steps his two front paws over the male.Afterwards he lays down across the male to keep him warm,"There...now you can stop shivering and don't try harming me...or else."He says then yawns.Normally he wouldn't get so close to a no fur but seeing him shiver reminded him of a pup shivering.Which caused him to feel the need to keep him warm even though it made him feel somewhat embarrassed.

Blood sighs,obviously this meeting would be pointless.She simply calls for the pack to go back to their former activities and conversations and jumps down from the boulder.
She sees Duff warming Clyde with his body and smiles.She was glad to see her mate cared enough for the creature as to warm him like that. Blood pads over to them and smiles at her mate.
"I see that you care for this no fur enough to warm him, it is a kind gesture for you to do this Duff. He is not going to hurt us, I assure you. I shall explain everything later,but for now I wish to speak privately to this no fur,love.I promise to tell you everything that transpires later when we speak," Says Blood to her mate gently.

Clyde panicked a bit as the wolf stepped over him and laid across him. His heart thudding, he pulled away a bit. When he realized that Duff meant no harm, he took a few shaky breaths and tried to calm his racing heart. He glanced down at the wolf lying across his lap.

Was Duff trying to keep him warm? Of course, the very thought of it would have made him chuckle, if he were not so startled. Why would an alpha wolf get so close to him, only to keep him warm? But the more he took it in, the less doubtful he was. With one more sigh, he leaned his head back against the boulder and closed his eyes, wondering if he would wake up from this dream...

Duff looks at Blood feeling embarrassed,"Uh...I just didn't like seeing him shiver since it's odd to see a no fur do that."He says acting embarrassed.He stands up and carefully steps over him then nuzzles Blood,"Ok Blood.I'll go see how the others are doing.Call for me when you're ready to talk alone."He says and slowly walks off.He couldn't help but wonder if Blood would answer his question later on.At the same time he wondered if it was even a question that he should ask.The last thing he wanted to do was upset her by asking.He didn't want to come off as prying or nosey or distrustful of her.Maybe he just wouldn't say anything but he didn't know it was wise or not.

Last edited:
After checking on the others Duff decided to go lay down in Blood's den to wait for her while thinking.He couldn't help but wonder,'How was Blood able to learn that no fur's name if he can't understand us?Maybe he told her his name on his own.'He thought.That made sense,'But then...how would she know that he's different?Just because he has no weapon right now...for all we know he could attack once he has a weapon.'He thought trying to put two and two together.

Clyde looked up as Duff stood up and walked away. He had almost forgotten that Blood wanted to speak with him, and he would have to apologize later. Stretching a bit, the boy stood to his feet, keeping his back against the boulder. He patiently waited for Blood to finish her business so that she may ask him all the questions she needed answered.

Blood turns to face Clyde and smiles warmly at him.
"Now, I believe we have questions to ask one another,do we not. Follow me,I shall take this conversation where prying ears or eyes can reach our conversation," She tells the no fur though his thoughts.
Blood pads towards the back wall of the cave,where the entrance to a tunnel awaited them. The tunnel was large enough for Clyde to enter if he crouched. With a flick of her tail, she leads the no fur into the tunnel,vanishing into the shadows that filled the long stone tunnel.
The tunnel had a gentle slope downward,it led them to a large cave connected to the packs temporary cave above. Light spilled into the cave from openings in the tops of the sides of the cave walls. Moss grew all over the caves stone walls,and fresh,clean air was plentiful even for the weak lungs of the no fur. The cave roof was high above even Clyde's head while he stood up on his hind paws as no furs almost always did.
"Welcome to my hideaway, Clyde. My den is in the main cave,though I often stay here to think. You must surely have many questions,I am sure being spoken to by the Demon blood wolf has brought confusion and perhaps even fear to you. So...ask me what it is you wish to know. You shall ask one question, then I shall ask one. We will go on until you are satisfied and my burning curiosity is content enough to relent," Says the alpha female, as she lays upon a blanket of dry,comfy moss covering part of the stone ground.

Once again, the boy was completely taken off guard. He never even knew the little hideaway even existed, but then again, he had only been there for maybe an hour or so. He thought for a second, wondering what he would ask the alpha first. He was hesitant at first, for fear of offending her by getting too personal. Finally, he sighed and spoke.

"How is it that your coat is blood red?" He asked hesitantly, and for a moment, he almost immediately regretted the question.

Blood freezes, shocked by the question because the answer was something she had never spoken of...not even to her mate Duff knew it yet.
With a sigh, Blood looks at Clyde with eyes that suddenly looked as though filled with ancient sadness and wisdom.
"Listen,small one, my past is not a happy one,nor is it a pleasant story. My own mate does not even yet know of my past. You would not believe me even if I told you anyway, young one. I am unable to trust you with such knowledge.Although... I shall tell you this...I am ageless...I have been in existence longer than time...my pelt was not always that of a vile,repulsive,horrific monster. I was once the most Beautiful being in existence...long ago. I made a very difficult choice once a very long time ago...what it resulted in was me being cursed with having to be the monster you see before you. I will say nothing more...you have heard more than even my beloved mate has as of now...be thankful," She says in his tongue aloud, her voice filled with ancient pain,sorrow,and despair...and grief.
The black tear forms,small,yet so very noticeable against her blood colored fur that it was impossible not to notice. The tear was thick and black, as were all her tears.
"May I ask you a question, Clyde?" asked her melancholy thoughts to the no fur.

Clyde froze, unable to find his voice. Hearing such sorrow in her voice weighed heavily in his chest, and it nearly made him cry along with her. Once again, his curiosity aroused when he noticed that her tears were an inky black, instead of clear. But he fought it off, terrified that he may put her in more grief than she was already in. Another thing that surprised him was how the alpha would refer to herself as a "monster". To him, she looked like any other normal wolf, aside from her size and red fur.

As her pain took a toll on him, his eyes blurred with tears. He tried to blink them away, but only caused one to stream down his cheek. Reaching a hand up, he quickly wiped it away. "Um...yes...ask whatever you want." He replied, his voice cracking a bit.

"Tell me, for I can feel your spirit is not that of a no fur,whether you know it or not, do you enjoy being out in the forests? Do you revel in the freedom of being out in the wild? You should know...your spirit is in the form of a wolf," Asks the female to the no fur,her tear had vanished and all sadness in her voice vanished as if on command...as if it dared not show her weak again.

Tinder trotted through the thick woodland, his teeth clamped around a fatty rabbit. He'd already eaten part of it. He could smell other wolves around him and was very much on edge. Alpha Males liked to slaughter encroaching males like himself- Especially if they were hunting their Prey. His growls came as a point of nervousness. Who was here?
Deciding not to disturb himself over it, Tinder kept walking. Perhaps if he could bury the prey before anyone saw it, nobody would catch him stealing! He could come back later.

This caught him completely off guard. He had never heard of having a wolf spirit reside within him. He shifted nervously, feeling a bit insecure. How was it that Blood could read him so well? It almost seemed like she could see right through him...

He wiped his eyes again. "Y-yes..." He answered. "When I'm in the wild, away from humanity...I feel so....well...." He struggled for the right words.

Tinder trotted through the thick woodland, his teeth clamped around a fatty rabbit. He'd already eaten part of it. He could smell other wolves around him and was very much on edge. Alpha Males liked to slaughter encroaching males like himself- Especially if they were hunting their Prey. His growls came as a point of nervousness. Who was here?Deciding not to disturb himself over it, Tinder kept walking. Perhaps if he could bury the prey before anyone saw it, nobody would catch him stealing! He could come back later.

Duff sniffed catching two scents,"I smell a rabbit and a wolf.I'd better go investigate."He says to himself.He stands and swiftly pads to the entrance of the cave.He sniffs again and looks around although it's raining,"Who's there?Reveal yourself.I won't attack unless you show yourself as a threat."He says then lowers his head a little and cautiously watches.

Status
Not open for further replies.