Black Sun Chapter 1: The Deal (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ship lurched forwards as Jakar's orders were being executed, the course being set for the edge of the nebula.

[BCOLOR=#800080]"There may be one or two of your affiliates, but most of these bastards are the common space pirate scum. They're currently cruising in the Jrarr system, and we intend to take them by surprise by hitting them with an EMP before they know we're even there, then board and massacre them. Maybe salvage the ship for scrap as well - but the details, right now, are not in my hands."[/BCOLOR]

"Like hell I'm affiliated with pirates." He crossed his arms and frowned, looking down at the floor. More accurately, his shoes. Which would need shining. "So. Are we expecting some sort of action? Because I would really like to stab something, right about now..." He grinned a sadistic grin, his hands twitching, a little. A look came into his eyes of the impurest bloodlust. The kind only an accomplished killer like himself would be able to muster.

Jakar listened to the description the captain gave, and nodded, "Of course, if there are any crusisers, or any other long-pirate ship, going for the middle of it and getting as many debris as possible is our best bet for fighting, for we are only one mere ship, if we bump into anything even remotely bigger than a patrol, we better make the environment easier for our escape! As for entering the nebulae, any particular chemical or element that can destroy this ship if we fly into it, there has been some points where space clouds can ruin your life. Also, I want you to explain me your details, as well as anyone else, I am not the sole leader, even the sole de-facto leader, we all have say, and if you have a better idea, i wanna hear it, now...lets get us some rescources!"

This plan did little to reassure Kaz, the various outcomes raced through his mind. But, even with his worries he remained quiet and kept to himself, finding it best to just follow along and improvise if necessary. "What's the ETA? In terms of coming across these pirates."

[BCOLOR=#993366]"Alright - pirate-wise, the ETA is whichever we want it to be - we have to get to them eventually, but we can do it whenever - and of course, we're expecting a slaughterfest from you people. Now for the details..."[/BCOLOR]

He activated a projector, turning the wall into a screen to show his points.

[BCOLOR=#993366]"The Pirates, when they had acquired our shipment, were occupying a captured gunboat about three quarters the size of this ship. They hijacked our cargo and killed everyone inside, so they have that ship as well - with it's two point-defense cannons. And it's been two days, and they might have acquired more ships in the meanwhile so we have to consider that. As for the nebula, it would be a cloud of pure tetra-oxygen, which would be able to corrode this whole ship in a matter of hours - and eat our skins off, AND detonate the auxiliary fuel cells. If we had a sizeable amount of pure elements to throw in - iron, carbon or nitrogen particularly - we could bring up a protective mist around a ship, but we don't have any on this ship right now and even if we filled the whole cargo holds with such substances, our best estimates give us half an hour to retrieve the ores with a ship this size. And the details on the planet that we are to extract ores from, they have a rudimentary MAC defense grid and fighters, most likely, so we would either need to obtain more firepower or obtain a way to stealthily come in, load up and fly out, unless you want to go the diplomatic or mercantile way and barter/talk them into giving it to us."[/BCOLOR]

"Well, it's always best to see what capabilities our crew has, even if it is a bunch of criminals, I suggest that we should just find the safest path to them, and work things out from there, with pirates, its all a matter of improvising, every pirate does their thing differently, just like every crew will act differently, I say, we want action? Throw us into it! Lets see how good we fare in action!" Jakar shouted, he turned around to the one who wanted the action directly, he seemed to be taking an interest in his shoes. What type of weirdo is he? One may never know with criminals and terrorists...

The captain nodded, muttering something into a radio, and a slight lurch could be felt as the ship changed trajectory. [BCOLOR=#993366]"We'll be coming at them from behind an asteroid belt - we should be able to get a few shots off or get quite close before they spot us."[/BCOLOR]

Lyle flexed his fingers and stood, cracking his neck. God, he was anxious for a little action. It had been so long since he had a good fight. And, God, it was gonna be a good one. "Hey. Everyone. 20k says that I can get ten of them within thirty seconds of boarding." He grinned, adjusting the cuffs on his jacket. "30 says I can get more...."

Kaz looked over to Lyle, hiding a smirk as he took his finger along his blade. The idiot, he thought he could kill ten people in 30 seconds. The weaponry to do such a thing would require firepower equal to an industrial cannon to penetrate that many bodies and armor of various kinds that may or may not be on each. When his finger reached the tip of his blade he sheathed it again and spoke to Lyle from the side of his face, still facing in the general direction of the captain. "It would require about that time to find ten of them, to kill ten in 30 seconds upon boarding would take extreme luck and a large scale of stupidity on their side. Where do you even suppose we get the funds you're asking for?"

And with that, the captain spoke up. [BCOLOR=#993366]"I can pull an extra bounty of fifty thousand credit to everybody on the boarding party if the ships are clean within a minute."[/BCOLOR] He grinned, waiting to see the people's reaction.

"I have my ways...." The Timekeeper was always known as a resourceful one, but he had to have been, right? Nobody even knew where he was until three days before he was caught. Four days before that, all other information about him in the Galaxy had disappeared. That wasn't something tha- wait. 50k? "Man, I'll take the whole thing down in half that time, for that kind of cash. Just tell my where to go."

Jakar smiled, "Then lets see what we've got on board shall we?" He pointed dramatically somewhere, as if he were in a movie or something. "ONWARD! To destroy those blasted pirates I say! Lats go!"

[BCOLOR=#800080]"Onwards it is."[/BCOLOR]

The ship lurched back as it jumped - surprisingly smooth for a ship this size. Soon enough, reports came in from the pilot.

"We have four contacts. One class Pacific freight - that's our ship. There is also two class Secretary gunships, and a larger ship of unknown signature - size roughly matches Cruiser-sized ship."

Kaz readied his rifle, checking that it was loaded and ready for fire. He stepped out of the room for a brief moment to go get his bandoleer with extra shells when he ran out of ammunition. He flicked his wrist waiting for the red light to shine on his bracelets and then shot a heated wire at the walls and watched it bounce around him almost choking him, but retracting it before it could do so. Kaz walked back into the briefing room with his rifle at the ready.

"Ready." He would state this firmly.

Jakar looked at the criminals, then at the captain, then back at the criminals, he shrugged his shoulders. "Well, what are you waiting for, landing equipment is over there. Go show us and those pirates what you're made of! Don't worry! We at the bridge will ensure cover-fire at precise locations to give...most of you support you need and make sure you live just that much longer. NOW GO!!!" He yelled at them, most of them just stood there, like he had no authority over them, well, he didn't, but that was not the point! The point was that they better get moving before we are destroyed by these stupid pirates!!!

[BCOLOR=#800080]"We should be within artillery range of-"[/BCOLOR] The captain's talk cut off as the ship jolted downwards violently. The voice of the nav-pilot rung up. [BCOLOR=#99cc00]"I suggest we fall back, hide and replan. The engineers say that their cruiser just blew our shields. We don't know what weapon they have, but if they can wipe out our shields that easily, we won't stand another hit."[/BCOLOR]

The captain looked expectantly at it's crew. [BCOLOR=#800080]"We decide quick. Do we continue with the assault as planned or regroup? Unless any of you got any other plans..."[/BCOLOR]

((My apologies for posting forever ago. I'll stop expecting other people now. It's only the two or three of us now.))

Jakar put his hands to his face, immensely upset that these people aren't going out to the cruiser. "I'm sorry, but if our crew's going to come and help, than I guess its time to leave." He said solemnly before striding into another room, where he had a little fit about this. IF ONLY WE COULD GET SOME OF THESE PEOPLE TO GO OUT THERE AND GROW SOME DAMN BALLS!!!
He sat and sulked at what he thought was the defeat of a lifetime.Fuck it, no way we're going to disable their shields and breakers in time for us to live and see it!
Maybe, we should try and go for some help before going after that one? The more ANYTHING! The better, Jakar knows this now, these men may be hardened criminals, but they care for their own hides rather than for the crew as a whole, Jakar included. If we can even think about survivng another day, we all must be willing to take risks, not just Jakar and his bridge.

Jakar could feel a slight pull as the ship changed course to hide in a nearby asteroid belt. However, another jolt rocked the ship, with a small alarm ringing through the ship. [BCOLOR=#99cc00]"Someone stole one of the EVA suits and launched themselves at the enemy ships... Access records say it's Rall."[/BCOLOR]

Kaz ran to the EVAs and looked to see one missing. "EVA-17 is missing. I'm following in 03." Kaz suited up and ran off the docking bay into the vast unknown. Under the cover of asteroids Kaz just drifted tirelessly, but once he spotted enemy movement he engaged dodging the large trail of blasts. The impact only making his adrenaline rise faster and the wheels in his head to spin off track. Kaz collided straight into a damaged part of the hull breaking the chase, but then he started being sucked out again. Quickly hanging on to the metal framing, Kaz flew in the suction until a large piece of scrap metal covered the hole. Kaz stood up and dusted himself off then checked his weapons. Looking around it seemed he was in a bedroom, but it looked as if it could contain 8 elephants comfortably and has radio and orbital software. Kaz walked to the radio station and picked up one of his own. Kaz tampered with the machine until he made a secure channel, his voice was near static as he spoke. "I'm in. This is a ride I don't quite enjoy riding." Kaz spoke with a slight tone of annoyance as he stripped the EVA from himself. "What am I doing now? Killing everyone?"

Jakar's eyes lit up at the sound that someone was on board that ship, he rushed quickly to the response, he was frankly surprised anyone made it onto the ship. He spoke to him, a bit shakenly "n-no, you don't have to kill anyone, just get the requested resources to a place where we can extract it!and do it quickly! I wan't to get out of here as soon as possible. Radio us when you are done!" he turned toward the other leaders, " Lets get the repairs going! I want this better than when we boarded it! Maxium effort in the engines, if we can't shoot, we might as well run! We are about to get us some valuable resources, I want all of us to be there to receive it! instead of taking on the ship, we take all we need from that ship and move on, a simple snatch and grab!"

Status
Not open for further replies.