Black Sun Chapter 1: The Deal (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kazuran was annoyed with all the chit chat. He walked into the pilot's quarters and shut the door. A bunch of rustling around was heard and then Kaz came back out, closing the door behind him, walking over to the bridge release button hitting it with his fist. "We're taking off. Anyone not on will be left out, I'm sick of waiting." The bridge fully closed and Kaz went to go find a seat, strapping in.

That did not fly well with the Ramandian - a press on a device at his hip and the engines shut down again. "No, we are not. Try that again and you're going back in. We're still missing two people."

Jakar was downright furious.

After finally meeting his long-lost friend. Leonards ends up outranking him? Jakar, the most strategic, and powerful Ramandian Admiral. He used to be a symbol of greatness for his race, and a crushing blow on human racism and Xenic Rights. But instead, he now takes orders...from his own MEDICAL OFFICER?!?!

Jakar sits down, the thought in his mind made him shudder and shake, and make him instead seem more skittish and tipsy. Not only that, but his own friend crushed his other dream, becoming captain of this ship. It was indeed a sensible decision, what would be better? A notorious terrorist leader? Or someone who had training in the service, and probably knows the ship better than him. He shivered, and continued with his nervous breakdown... he still retained with the conversation, and the fact that the serial killer has been released. it..all just seemed like a lot to take in. Right then, he wanted to kill a lot of people in that room. But Kaz insisted on leaving. Jakar just screamed; "AAAARGH!!! I am just going to follow him, and take a seat." just like he said. He took his seat, and strapped himself in... hands going through his ruffled, uneven, feral fur. He breathed heavily

There was a lot to take in...and deal with...Jakar had to deal with something he never even wanted to do. Ever again.

He had to learn to be submissive again.

Leonard looked at him as he went, seemingly lost in thought - though that didn't last long, for there was a quick double-beep coming from the same device that he shut the engines with, and he tweaked them again, the engines humming back to life. "Now we're good to go. And if you want to be helpful, bring everyone back here in an hour for a more thorough briefing." With that, he walked off the bridge towards the airlock.

Kaz looked to the Ramandian across from him. What use is a general without an army? Pathetic. I can't say much for myself either. "Who exactly are you Jakar?"

Jakar looked up at the man after getting out of his little hyperventilation. "Who exactly are you Jakar?" he asked. He tilted his head, a bit confused at the question. Nonetheless, he answered abruptly; "Apparently I will be taught as an example in history classes all over the galaxy, if not already, I was all over the news...I am an intergalactic terrorist! But I am sure you knew that." He leaned in closer toward Kaz, and lowered his eyebrows, studying something about him, then spoke again; "So let me ask you...what exactly are you looking to ask? My past? Race? Amazing feats? How many waffles I have eaten in the past 34 years?"

"What about would you want to know, exactly?"

Kaz sat back and crossed his arms letting out a sigh. "Why kill? What was your intention?"

Kaz sat back and crossed his arms letting out a sigh. "Why kill? What was your intention?"
Jakar laughed, "Intention? My friend, people like me don't have intentions, we just kill for no reason at all, we kill JUST TO KILL. You see, and thats a good thing, you will always need someone like me...you will always need a bad guy in the story."

An announcement came over the speakers, warning that they would soon do a FTL jump towards another system to load up some equipment.

"But is two considered overboard?" Lyle walked into the room, hands tucked into his waistband as he looked about, spotting a chair at the far end if the room. He sat down and buckled up, not wanting to die, just yet. "Or am I not considered 'Bad' enough?"

Upon hearing the announcement, Jakar buckled up as quickly as he could , it is an FTL jump after all! But then that other, seemingly worse in comparison. That other killer among us. just think about what he is capable of is quite scary, frankly it is a surprise they let him on this mission!and now he is talking to him, needless to say if he know why he is, but he is; "Oh you, your more than bad, you're fascinating, Now I must ask you two things now, since they seemed to itch me at the moment, 1. Why do YOU kill? No reason as well? heh heh heh... Oh! and 2. Have you ever met with me before, You've seen all the famous people, or just EVERYBODY for that matter, you must obviously met me , him, or even Leonard in the past, tell me, what did you do then, what did you learn?"

Lyle smiled, crossing one leg over the other in a very buisness like manner. "Why kill? I was bored on a Sunday night. I wondered how quick the police would catch me if I took a step out of the process, for them. So I carved the time of death into the face of my landlord and skipped town. Three years and about two hundred bodies later, and here I am." Lyle chuckled. It was a fairly accurate story. Only the motive was wrong. The landlord had been sleeping with the Timekeepers wife. There were two victims, that night. And three more beforehand. Other then that, it was spot on. Lyle cocked his head to the side at the second question. "No. I haven't met you. I killed a few of your subordinates, but I don't think I met you...."

Jakar raised an eyebrow; "Oh really? Well you must've met me one way or another, you pretty much know everybody don't you? Or are you just holding something back?" he rested his head back in preparation for the FTL travel.

Lyle also tilted his head back, though more to relax then to prepare. "If I have, I've forgotten. I took a rather large hit to the head when they caught me. Some of the less important memories might have been misplaced...." This guy was egotistical. Thought he was the center of the universe. Not just his universe, either. He was the center of everyone and everything's universe. Nothing pissed him off more then being ignored. Or, worse, forgotten. That was the theory, anyway. The Timekeeper had not made many friends, during his time. Lyle didn't see any reason to make them now.

Kaz was tapping his foot waiting for the FTL travel to begin. "I need something to pierce my blade through, who knows where our next destination is?"

As if on cue, a harsh pull rocked the ship signaling the jump - though it didn't last for long before returning to normal. Shortly after, the comms flared up - a meeting was called back in the lounge.

Jakar, after being thoroughly brushed from a FTL jump, unbuckled himself, and got off his chair to proceed into the Lounge for further discussion, On his way out, he took a brief look at the Timekeeper, then at the Assassin, then back at the Timekeeper, Finally, he spoke toward the killer. "Lyle my friend, I know you, in fact i know quite a bit about you, and to think you know so little about me...heh, makes me laugh. But I want to tell you something..."

It felt like it was in an instant.
Jakar was having a rather abusing conversation with a rather high FDR official.
"Jakar, you MUST destroy this village, they are enemies to the FDR"
Jakar gritted his teeth "Look at them! They are my people! If you think I am going to step out of my way to kill members of my own race, over destroying one of your survey drones, then you must be mistaken."
"Jakar, you are not a Ramandian anymore, you are part of the humans now."
Jakar nodded in disgust and folded his arms. "And you, you sir are a sick, racist bastard, I wan't to take this to a justice, I hope we don't meet again, for if we do, i'll have it that you are arrested at the spot." He turned toward one of his crew members: "Turn him off, NOW!"
And just like that, the official was gone, never to be seen or heard of again. Why would anyone do something so sick as to kill his own race for the benefit of another? He thought to himself, he then ordered to the crew: "Alright men, we will have a 5 minute break, I-I have some refreshing to do..."
And just like that he went toward his quarters, on his way to the bathroom to 'refresh' himself with water. Someone opened the door behind him, crept up toward him, and shouted in an unrecognizable voice; "Refresh this!" And gagged poor Jakar until, well, his sight blurred to blackness, and he fell onto the floor, unconscious.

and it has never been clear since.

~ Present day ~

Jakar walked along the old ship's halls very briefly before entering the room, he stopped about a few feet before the door. He just stood at it blankly, then he thought about Leonard. He got angry, then he though about what he did to him, and he also thought who was in that room, the same man who he used to call friend, he now calls sir. It was sickening, horrible. He banged at the walls of the ship, screaming angrily at that he could have spared him. he clawed at the the metal, and huddled in the corner and almost completely broke down, but something else in him snapped, and just as if the previous tantrum had never even existed, he walked in there, cool, calm, and formal, he sat in there at just stared at all of the people already in there, Leonard most importantly of them all, he stared at him with cold, dark eyes. He can't even remember the friendship between the two, and it's actually been quite a blur since the last time he saw him, and he even highly doubts that Leonard even knows the two of them were even friends to begin with, the attitude he's had and all...Well, so far, all friendship is t Jakar is a blur, a dirty window of lies...

...and it has never been clear since.​

After everyone had arrived, they would see two new heads - a friendly-looking woman and, next to Leo, a tall battle-worn captain who always seemed to glance at Jakar. The captain in question spoke up. [BCOLOR=#993366]"So, this is the team hm? I'm Captain Kurzach, and this here-"[/BCOLOR] He motioned to the petite woman. [BCOLOR=#993366]"Will be our navigator-slash-pilot, Katherine Cormac. You've all been told that we were to collect some resources for the FDR, yes? Well let's be honest - it won't be that easy. One of the sources will be within a nebula of caustic matter, the second one will be a package retrieval from some renegades who think they can steal from us..."[/BCOLOR] He looked intently at Kaz and the Timekeeper as he said this, grinning from ear to ear. [BCOLOR=#993366]"And the third one will be on the homeworld of a species unimportant for the FDR - the only thing that matters is that they have a lot of Minogen, and they've refused trade agreements. Oh and last thing - I have heard there was a commotion, and for that I apologize - I have forgotten to relay my orders. As per an agreement that was had, Jakar here will be the de-facto commanding officer - he decides where we go and how we proceed. I, of course, still have a veto on his choices should they completely go against FDR, but for the most part, he's the one to go to for any decisions."[/BCOLOR] Leonard frowned for half a second, but went back to a neutral expression relatively quick. The captain, on the other hand, grinned at Jakar as he bowed to him, removing his hat. [BCOLOR=#993366]"Any questions?"[/BCOLOR]

Jakar's Anger and frustration turned into a smile as Captain Kurzach said those words. A de-facto captain? That's good enough for him, given the weak stance he has. He got up, and brushed himself off, he clasped his hands behind his his back, and surveyed the situation before announcing anything. He then smiled at the captain, he smiled.

"Alright guys, I am not sure about you guys, but I would like to get this done quick no? The FDR Doesn't do its things slowly now do they? I say, we go straight toward that nebula, but you know, not in it just yet." He scratched the back of his head; Caustic matter? How did I deal with that again? Hmm.

Hopefully, he's just a little rusty.

(WIP LATER)

Last edited:
Kaz shifted his weight and crossed his arms raising a brow. His face sporting a look of intrigue. His stance broke and his hand was on his hip and the other hanging. "These Renegades? Do we know their status? The BOR group was threatening, but apparently we were only 14,086 on that damned wanted list. If it's bigger than that I do hope you have a plan, otherwise we'll all die. And among us, it seems I'm the only one with long range capabilities." Kaz sat still for his answer, but then raised a hand. remembering that creepy smirk. "Is this Renegade group... the one I'm associated with?" His hand raised lazily in the air as he stared at Cpt. Kurzach.

Status
Not open for further replies.