Status
Not open for further replies.
Come get the cookies. I don't wanna have to kidnap anyone.

ALj8RVN.png

Full Name:
Victoria Isabelle Jones née Mathis

Appearance:
(WIP).

Personality:
(WIP).

History:
Victoria Mathis was born on the West Coast. The granddaughter of a policeman she always admired officers. It was always one of the two career paths she wanted to follow, the other being professional artist. Realistically she didn't see that latter working out. During her time in college she met her future husband, Simon Jones, who was introduced to her by a mutual friend. Simon was a couple years older than her and a paramedic. She took a year off before entering the police academy after college, primarily because she was pregnant - rather unexpectedly so.

After the birth of her daughter, Vanessa, Victoria continued down her path to become and officer. With her determination and dedication it was not long before she officially became a member of the force. A couple years later she and Simon married. And sometime after that their second child was born. For a while Victoria's life was all she ever wanted it to be like.

But they didn't stay this way.

While on duty, Simon died in an accident. That was three years ago. After the incident she fell apart. Victoria tried to return to her work, but she could no longer find satisfaction there and eventually quit. She then moved in with her sister and has since been working as a security guard.

Originally Victoria wasn't keen on the idea of taking a vacation, but her sister convinced her some time away from all her stresses would do her well.

Theme Song:
This!
[spoili]
Just kidding. I haven't found anything I think fits particularly well. I do have a backup song in case I can't find anything better, but I wanted to look around a bit more first.[/spoili]

Other:
  • Her two daughters are Vanessa (12) and Emilia (9)
  • Victoria still paints. She has been painting more since Simon's death.
  • She has a small tattoo of a compass on her wrist.

833LfFv.png

Full Name:
Jonathon "Johnny" Madison

Appearance:
Johnny stands at 5'9. He is a thin man. Naturally of a lean build recent times have only made him thinner. This weight loss combined with his lack of any new clothes causes most of his attire to hang noticeably loose. In generally most of his clothes are old and at least a little worn looking. His skin is rough and his hands are calloused and weathered, the hands of a worker.

Personality:
Johnny isn't a very complicated person. He enjoys simplicity. While naive about a lot of things in life, he does know a good deal about agriculture and cars. His views are fairly conservative and he's not especially curious. If not for his situation he would be a very content man. Despite being casual and friendly among country folk he tends to shy up around people who're more experienced (or at least those he considers more experienced) such people from big cities or people who went to fancy schools. Recent times have left him a bit sullen to be around. Regardless, he remains polite when interacting with strangers.

History:
Johnny was born in the smallest of Kentucky small towns. His early years were simple and his world small. He was content as he spent his days helping out on his parents' farm. When he came out of high school he wanted to see more of the world. His parents were against the notion, but decided it would be better to have him safe than to end up somewhere awful. Johnny moved from his hometown to live with his uncle in Tennessee. His uncle lived in a small city and worked as a mechanic. Johnny worked with him for several years. It was during this time that he met Abigail, who became his partner.

When his uncle decided to move back to Kentucky, Johnny remained in Tennessee and took over the shop. Unfortunately things didn't go well for him. There were damages and required repairs. He took out loans, but that only made his money problems worse and the eventual outcome was the same. The shop closed down. He and Abigail struggled to make ends meet. Johnny refused to ask for help from his family - he knew they couldn't afford to help him anyway. It was just as the two were desperately wondering what to do when the offer for the trip arrived.

In truth Johnny didn't care about the trip to the island. He knew he couldn't enjoy even a free trip with his monetary state. What he was interested in was the seminar on managing finances.

Theme Song:

Other:
  • His favourite singer is Johnny Cash.
  • Johnny is a smoker.
  • He drinks coffee every morning and always drinks it black.
  • Johnny gave away his dogs not long before the trip as he could no longer afford to take care of them.
  • He responds almost exclusively to "Johnny."

I was pretty tired by the time I got to Victoria (despite the order, I did Johnny first). I'll finish her sheet (as well as proofread what I already wrote) after I get some sleep .

Anyway, these are the characters I put my heart and soul into, please make sure their deaths are appropriately violent and terrible.

Poor Johnny. Only thing he's attending the trip for was a trap. :^(

So..

How many players/characters do you currently have?

What size post do you expect and how many posts a week do you expect?

And, is this game a group vs host game? That confuses me. Individuals don't carry points; it's the 13 'survivors' that gather points on a whole? How do they alternate 'turns' between them and the host? Does this mean the host is killing people, too?

There are 13 people, each assigned a point value based on what card they get. The group collects points as a whole, and their point total depends on who they kill. Each round (their turn, his turn) consists of them killing someone, or holding, then him killing someone. Make sense?

As for how many players, it looks like most everyone will be playing 2. I'll be playing one of the group players, as well as the host. As for posting expectation, I'd appreciate twice a week.

We have room for four more characters. @Rainjay, will you be making a character or two?

Is it still open? I'm new to this kind of roleplaying (but not in roleplaying though) and would like to join since I find the plot interesting :D

Name: Isaak Cohen

Personality:
Isaak is generally playful and a cheerful guy that looks positively the world, but that's because everything has always gone his way. He often takes the lead, but he doesn't usually impose himself. It just always ends up people following him, not that he really likes it to be honest. As a survivor, he would be resourceful due to being an outgoing guy. He could manage to survive on his own, maybe with a group.

Generally speaking, he is a rational and sane person with good moralities. But, despite that, he had some occasions where he would bend his own rules to accommodate to his needs. He never hesitated to throw a friend under the bus if needed.

Though, one thing for sure is that he will do everything to stay alive. He won't let himself die and will do anything to survive, and rarely will he ever be on the short end of a situation.

History:
Isaak was born in Montreal (Quebec, Canada) and grew up in a Jewish family. He was at university studying English literature at McGill University before going to the island. He was the student association's president, as well as a pillar of the football team of the university. Overall, he was a wealthy and well-rounded man that had fun like most young adults of his age.

Why did he join the seminar? Well, it's pretty simple... a bet he took while being completely wasted at a football party after a good win. Alcohol, what can I say. He had no clue what it was about, except that they promised pretty beaches and hot girls.

Others:

* He is a smoker
* He speaks French, English, and Hebrew
* He only wears brands
* He is a gambler

Name: Katherine Elizabeth Monroe

Personality: Kate is a real sweetheart. Helpful, sympathetic, and probably the most fun and coolest girl one would meet. She is a born leader that believes in hard work, equality, and justice. It's no wonder why she is in law school at Yale. She was born in a middle-class family with many siblings, 4 to be exact. She has two brothers and two sisters. She was the oldest of them all. Hence, why she was such a motherly girl.

History: Katherine is the model American white girl that comes from a middle-class family from Virginia, daughter of a military general and an excellent student with a lot of ambitions. She was and still is, an activist. Often assists conferences on environmental causes, anti-war speeches, and is overall very active when it comes to politics.

Something interesting about her is that she is very adventures and therefore doesn't miss out on fun things. She has a love for exploring things and she heard about the seminar. A friend of her actually tagged her in some post and she was incredibly curious and so joined the seminar with a lot of question for the strange host, BlackJack.

Others:
* She speaks English, Spanish, German, and a bit of French and Italian.
Her appearance once the survival starts: Short hair, tanned skin, ripped clothes etc.
portrait-digital-art-8.jpg

Sorry for the previous messages... The Internet in Europe is horrible for some reason :l

When will you post the IC and/or start the rp?
I'm not the GM haha sorry can't answer that lol. I don't even know if my carries are accepted or if I have to add more info in my cs

I think your characters should be alright, @B l u E s. Just be sure to reread your posts and such to watch out for typos (when you mentioned Katherine being 'adventures', it would be 'adventurous').

@Brainess, this is open for two more characters. I'd only work on one for now, so I can see if this is the right fit for you, and once I accept it, you can make another one.

An IC thread probably won't be up for a few days. I'll be starting college again next week, so my time will be a bit iffy.

Reactions: B l u E s
I think your characters should be alright, @B l u E s. Just be sure to reread your posts and such to watch out for typos (when you mentioned Katherine being 'adventures', it would be 'adventurous').

@Brainess, this is open for two more characters. I'd only work on one for now, so I can see if this is the right fit for you, and once I accept it, you can make another one.

An IC thread probably won't be up for a few days. I'll be starting college again next week, so my time will be a bit iffy.
Okay, I'll probably be able to send a CS later/tomorrow.

Reactions: Aois
Gotta postpone this indefinitely due to college and family reasons. Sorry, all.

I understand :(
If you ever have time to start this up again, I'd still be interested in joining it in the future if that happens.

I'll have this thread revived when the time comes.

• Love
Reactions: Shambles
Status
Not open for further replies.