Bite Me

By the time Onyx was finished drinking Kellan was in a daze, partially from the euphoric toxin running through his veins and partially from the loss of blood. He felt the other's fangs leave his wrist and press his lips against it before his brother shifted to sit against the pillows. His eyes were having trouble staying open and it was even harder to focus entirely on what his brother was saying to him. Regardless of whatever it was he was talking about, Kellan finally looked over at him with a slight grin. "You look a lot better than before...you kinda looked sickly earlier." With that said he dropped against he pillows beside his brother, keeping his wrist near his chest as his body tried quickly healing the small wound over. Of course there would be a scar as Onyx said but it still needed to stop the blood flow.

His eyes drooped closed as he nodded slowly. "Um...do you think you could maybe repeat that?" Kellan could only pick out bits and pieces of what was said to him by his brother and would most likely question him again when he woke up. The great feeling from the toxin was starting to die down and the werewolf was honestly on the verge of passing out. Just before he drifted asleep he shifted closer to his brother who was oddly warm, snuggling up against his side even though he was sitting up. Kellan would probably wake back up in about an hour or so.

Onyx glanced at his brother and smiled a little bit "get some sleep. I'll explain it later" he said and slipped down more on the bed pulling the blankets up on both of them. He slipped an arm around his brother and just pulled him closer some to gather the warmth because it felt nice. He finally let his eyes close and focused on the noise from the tv. Everything was good right now, they weren't arguing, both of them had something to eat and now it was time to get more sleep. His eyes shot open for a second and realized that his brother was going to get in trouble for being out of the house but then closed his eyes. They would deal with it later and he was sure that Kellan didn't want to move and Onyx knew that he shouldn't be moving with the amount of blood that he had taken from his brother.

Kellan woke up a little bit later to find himself up close to Onyx with his brother's arm around him and the blankets over both of them. His eyes slowly opened and looked up at Onyx's face; was he asleep as well? He didn't really want to disturb him especially because he was actually fairly comfortable curled up next to his brother but he figured he might as well see if he really was asleep. Besides he should see how his burned hand was doing. Kellan leaned up to nuzzle his face against Onyx's neck, his wolfish affection showing through. "Hey Onyx...you awake?" He mumbled out in a groggy tone. Kellan felt better some after he slept and his wrist had healed completely other than the teeth marks, which he reminded himself he needed to cover up before heading home.

Onyx was sleeping peacefully right now and he felt like he could stay like that for days. Especially with this blood running through his body made it easier to sleep but once he was up he would probably be awake for a long time. Unfortunately that didn't last long when he felt something rubbing against his neck This has to be a dream he thought to himself but slowly opened his eyes to see the top of Kellan's head. So he wasn't dreaming that someone was nuzzling his neck and he smiled. His brother was really cute at times and wondered what he wanted "Morning...or afternoon...well maybe it's nighttime. I lost track of time" he started to speak and it was weird that his mind was all jumbled up. "How are you feeling? I hope I didn't take too much from you" Onyx asked him but from the cuddling that he was receiving it seemed like everything was alright at the moment.

"You tend to lose track of time when you're asleep." Kellan replied with a snort, stopping his nuzzling to lay his head back on the pillow. He glanced around the room until he found a digital clock next to the bed on a nightstand. "It's almost 6:30...Probably getting dark out soon. I'm in no rush to leave...so whenever you're ready to go." Laying up against his brother without any hostility was seriously odd but he decided not to think too hard on it or how things would be between them once they returned home. "Not too bad...It's a good thing I heal up pretty fast. How was my blood? Disgusting?" He rose an eyebrow as he looked back to Onyx's face. Kellan had a feeling werewolf blood wasn't that great to a vampire but he guessed he was about to find out.

"More often then not. When I can sleep peacefully I lost all sense of reality" Onyx shrugged his shoulders some and then flexed his ankles making one of them pop. "If the sun is setting then I suppose we should head home. I've still got some homework to finish up before my classes start" he told Kellan and carefully shifted so that he could get out of the bed and actually get fully dressed this time. He picked up the rest of his closet and started to button up his shirt. Onyx faces his brother at the question and remembered the taste of his blood, it wasn't bad, a lot better then some of the people that he drank and could see himself becoming addicted to it. Onyx gave a slight nod of his head "it's not bad. A little thick but it does wonders for the body" he finally said and sat back on the bed to put his shoes back on. "What did you think of the bite? I mean honestly and another thing. What are you going to tell your father if he sees this?" Onyx leaned over and tapped on his bite mark that he left on Kellan. He kind of liked the mark on Kellan, it would remind both of them about this time and for Onyx it wasn't as bad as he thought it was going to be.

Kellan followed Onyx's lead and rolled out of bed, contemplating his brother's questions as he picked his shirt up an shrugged it back on. He slipped his shoes on afterwards, chewing his lip for a minute. "The bite was..enjoyable. I mean, I was expecting it to hurt but it was more like a high than anything." He scratched the back of his head in thought for a moment before grabbing up the first aid kit from earlier. Kellan retrieved a roll of bandages before using his teeth and free hand to wrap up his wrist. Once it was secure he tossed the kit back on the night stand. "I don't know what I'll tell him...I'll just have to hide it for now." Sure it was suspicious for a werewolf to need to be bandages up when they healed so quickly but he'd think of a better plan later on. Sighing slightly he shifted his weight from foot to foot, eying his brother silently as he thought over their night together. Not totally terrible...and the bite would be a constant reminder. "We can go when you're ready."

When he was dressed back up and his clothes looked good he shrugged into his coat. Onyx looked over his shoulder at his brother and wondered if things were going to change between them but then he shrugged it off, things would should never change...or at least for now. It would make their parent's too suspicious or overly excited that they were getting along. "As good of a night that we had things can't change...shouldn't change. So I think it would be best if you went home before you get caught being out of the house and I will return when I return" Onyx said then turned away from his brother, it was how it should be. Onyx wouldn't have minded if things were a little more relaxing between Kellan and him but it wasn't supposed to be like that. Onyx didn't want to be there anymore then Kellan wanted him there and they both made that clear on the first day. "So...good luck getting home" he told his brother and the left the room. It was easier for Onyx to return to his stubborn stuck up self then to change and be nicer to someone else, especially when that other person was a werewolf. It was known among the communities of their kinds that it was hard and rare for the two to get along and he wasn't sure if they should be the ones to change that perspective that everyone already had.

Kellan watched Onyx leave without a word, knowing his brother was completely right. If they'd got along it would raise flags...plus they were total opposites. Their night of whatever peace they'd managed was over and done and they'd both get on with their lives. Kellan didn't care, shouldn't care, especially when he didn't want the guy there in the first place. Friendships and such were a rarity between the species and whatever brought their parents to love each other was beyond him. It wasn't long after that did Kellan leave the hotel, shifting in an alley way once he'd returned his room key and left the building.

He made it home in little to no time at all, sprinting in his wolf form made it all the more faster. Onyx obviously wasn't back yet. But once he'd climbed back into his window he noticed his room had been trifled through, his blankets tossed back on his bed. That only meant that his father discovered his disappearance...and he was more or less screwed. Kellan's father didn't take disobedience from him very well, especially where he ran off for nearly a day or two. Still in his wolf form he hopped up on his bed, his legs folding under him as he laid amidst the bedding, thinking about just leaving again. He'd rather deal with the amount of trouble he'd get in later rather than sooner...

Onyx walked through the darkening town people watching, he didn't want to return home yet though he knew that he had loads of homework to get to. Lucky for him though he wasn't grounded and his mother wouldn't mind if he was out for a few days though he wondered how his new father would take to it but Onyx knew that if the guy tried to punish him that Onyx would probably just laugh at him. When he got his fill of watching the humans around the town he slipped into a black alley and shifted his forms.

He took off to the sky using the wind current's to fly, he went pretty high and then dove straight down but not close enough to the humans and he repeated this a couple of times. The closer he got to his new home though Onyx felt like scaring a few people and actually landed on a girls head, he was rewarded with a yelp and the group that she was with to run off in all directions. He laughed to himself and then landed in the backyard of his new home. Onyx shifted back and walked through the back door into the kitchen. He yawned slightly and just headed off to his mother's room, he was hungry once again and figured an evening snack would be good before he got back to his homework, or maybe even a nap would do him some good. Onyx walked up to her bedroom door and knocked on it "Yes?" He heard someone call "I was wondering if I could get something to eat" Onyx called out and then the door opened. He was now face to face with his new father and he did not look happy "Um...where's my mother?" He was not going to back down from this guy no matter how pissed off he was "She's out shopping. You know where the fridge is right" Onyx nodded his head and sidestepped from the guy to go into the room.
Onyx got himself a bag of blood and returned to the kitchen to warm it up and get a cup for his snack. When that was finished up he made his way up to his bedroom and was sure to close the door. He really didn't want to be disturbed as he finished up his homework or if he decided to take that nap.

A half hour or so later Kellan decided just to get up and deal with the incoming punishment. He shifted forms, groaning quietly when he realized he'd shredded yet another outfit before pulling on at least a pair or jeans and slowly wandering out of his room. Heading downstairs he passed by Onyx's room, finding the door shut and assuming the guy had finally returned home. Come to think of it he did hear a door open and close. Shrugging to himself he continued down the steps into the living room, then kitchen. It wasn't even a full ten minutes until his father was leaning in the doorway, glaring with his arms crossed over his chest. "Where've you been? A couple wolves in the area said they saw you in the woods." Kellan turned his head to face him before shrugging, "Needed to get out for awhile."

"Onyx wasn't here either." His father seemed more calm while Kellan's temper began to rise. "So?" The older of the two decided not to get into it and just turned away and began to stalk back to his room. "I ground you, you leave anyway. Nothing I say gets through your thick skull so I'm not going to waste my breath." Kellan just rolled his eyes and began to pull out several ingredients from the cupboard, settling on making fried chicken. He figured his step mother was out, little sister sleeping, father he didn't really give a damn, and Onyx definitely wouldn't want to be bothered by him. As he put a pan on the stove he mused how lucky it was that the bite mark on his wrist went unnoticed so far...but he really needed to cover it up again.

Onyx stayed up for some time to finish up the rest of his homework, he stared at his laptop and the thirty page paper that he was writing. This was the painful part, he hated writing papers for English class or history class, it was just waste of time to him. But he finished up his conclusion and sent it to the teacher. Onyx still had a few more math papers to do but his brain was draining quickly and he yawned. That was the end of it, he was done. Though it wasn't like it needed to be done now, he still had plenty of time till his classes started up so he pushed from his desk after finishing off his snack and walked out of his room. Onyx took his time walking downstairs till he heard the front door open "Oh good Onyx you're up. Could you get the rest of the groceries" his mother called to him and he rolled his eyes "why? It's not like I'll be eating the food" he told her but moved to the front door anyways.

Unlike him, his mother could walk in the sun with less problems with him but as he stood at the front door he looked out into the sun fill lawn. She truly hates me he thought to himself and then quickly walked to the car grabbing the rest of the bag and bolting back inside. He quickly shut the door and sighed with relief, vampiric speed was amazing. Onyx strolled into the kitchen and placed the bags any where, his mother would empty them as she got to them. He turned to the leave the kitchen without saying a word to anyone else "Hold it right there mister" his mother hissed to him and he turned slowly to face her "Where were you all night?" She asked him and Onyx folded his arms over his chest then leaned against the frame of a wall. "Don't act like a mother, you've never cared before" he told her in a tense tone and then she started to wag a finger towards him "We are starting new and you need to change that attitude of yours" Onyx pushed from the wall "Oh really now. It's not like I'm doing any different then Kellan, even he went out last night and you don't see his dad yelling at him" Onyx hissed to her and then flung his arms up in the air "Whatever. I'm taking a nap" he turned away from her and went back to his room. Once at his bedroom door he slammed it shut and then transformed right there to fly up to his roost once more.

Kellan heard the door open and Onyx's mother voice come through, his body immediately freezing in what it was doing at the stove. He thawed a few moments later as he heard someone move through the kitchen and leave groceries on the counter and elsewhere. Just as he switched the stove top on and poured oil in a pan, he heard Onyx's mother start to chew the vampire out almost as soon as he left the kitchen. With Kellan's hearing it was kind of hard not to eavesdrop in a little bit, plus he knew exactly where he'd been all night long other than wherever he went after they left the hotel. Kellan flinched slightly at their words and sent a leer at the woman who was just outside the kitchen. He had a feeling she would be strolling in any moment to put away the bagged groceries and suddenly wished he'd just stayed put in his room. But being a werewolf, his appetite was probably three times the average of a humans and ate quite a bit so he couldn't really help it.

Sucking in a breath he refocused his attention on the task at hand and started tearing open plastic wrapped pieces of chicken to fry. He'd just go about what he was doing and ignore her altogether. He had no reason to trust a bloodsucker that showed up to replace his mother, besides his brother made it sound like she doesn't do a great job at being one either. Realizing he was just frustrating himself even further, he dropped the chicken into the pan after covering it in a flour mix to cook to distract himself with tending to that.