Beyond the ether

Which way would you prefer to die?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
as she walked away Luci smiled, "i should probably get a sign or something for up here" he said taking a few steps away from the edge. He looked over at the training center, good they hadn't started.

Taking a running start Luci leaped of the edge of the building. The moment he landed he took off, so he could get to the training center as fast as possible. He wanted to see what the new kids could do after all

"Finally, i think those two are done up there sir, could we start now?" Angel stated, attempting to mask her obvious frustration.

"Yes let's" he smiled, noting the two approaching figures. "Now would anyone like to volunteer to go first today? You can be a first timer or an experienced member, it really doesn't matter" Spirit said to the group, although he noted Angel's enthusiasm with appreciation

"Eenie, meenie, minie, mo...
Catch a snitch by the throat..."

Anji whispered as the others awaited their teacher's consent to make an example of the training grounds. Anji, still fresh to the idea of having a "freaky feature," decided to offer up somebody else.

It would have been predictable to push Angel out into the court. But since a couple of stragglers and had followed behind, a smirk lit up the girl's heart shaped face.

"Ladies first," she hissed, and her hands shoved the sligt shoulders of a girl who had come in with Lucifer. Laughing to herself, she couldn't help it. Maybe they would watched this gal get throttled and pulped. They were dead, what pain could they gain now?

"Good luck, snag."

She turned to Angel, looking for her to enjoy the joke, or blow up over it in Angel's typicl moral soapbox. The threads of hair Anji still played with idly, and they were growing by the minute. It was spun as one winds a spool of thread, long thin silk threads being played through reptilian green nails.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rebecca sighed as she arrived, Taking in the group of people. Her eyes darted from one person to the other as she just smirked and finally pulled her hands out of her pockets, She crossed her arms over her chest and took in the area very closely. She was basically mapping out the place mentally in her mind so if she was picked she would know exactly how things were going to go down, Because this time she was not backing down to anyone.
"I volun. ." She was cut short when being shoved into the center of the court by a woman. She sighed and looked back behind her at the girl and smirked "Thanks, Though I believe I didn't need a friendly shove." She then turned her head back around and examined the group not really all that satisfied with what she sees. "Who am I going up against, Anyone will do perfectly." She said with a hint of determination within her voice. She then looked at the so called teacher and perked her brows awaiting for her question to be answered. She wanted this to be dome and over with. And hopefully blow the minds of her fellow classmates.

Angel turned to Anji, giggling. "Ya know that isn't really fair." Angel tried to muster out before choking on her laughter. Angel was surprised by her own reaction. I guess as long as it didn't hurt anyone, Anji's "Jokes" weren't all that bad.

"I guess i could face you if no one else wants to." Angel stated bluntly, regaining her usual composure. Her eyes linked with the girl. She was surprised, she had never met her. Even though she had only been here for two weeks, it is was still a small place; hard to not meet everyone.

"Right then" said Spirit "Keep it fairly clean, don't just run away and most of all, have some fun" he said, with as much of a smile as his spectral head could manage. "Oh and one more thing" he interjected "If either of you try to finish the other off, I will have to step in. And believe me. I don't like stepping in" he said slowly, coldly and deliberately, staring them both down.

"i wonder who will win" Luci says putting his arm around Spirit. His headphone blaring out music. "aww come on. It's more interesting when they try to take each others lives" he moans as spirit says he will step in. Luci eagerly watches the two girls, wondering what their ability's will be, and how they will compare to his

Angel stood tall and walked into the arena. Spirit said it could change shape and recreate certain environments. What shape would it be taking today? "I am ready sir." Angel muttered quietly. She couldn't quite muster her usual amount of excitement, she had to concentrate. "We can go whenever you're ready." Angel let out with a smirk.

She was ready.

Spirit closed his eyes and sighed. Luci, for all his confidence, was still tense around this place. Not that he could really talk, his own memory of this place far from pleasant. Thank god that they'd come so far since then. He opened his eyes and began to mold the space in front of him, creating a few slopes and walls for diversity but keeping the floor plain. "Whenever you're ready" he said, addressing the two girls

Angel smiled, before allowing her light-wings to burst from her back. With one flap she soared up and allowed herself to close her eyes and calm. Once she opened them they were filled with the deathly white light of before, however something seemed different. Her eyes where not that of a balanced and tranquil person she was known to be; they were filled with hat, vengeance and malice. Making eye contact with the girl, Angel blasted her soul into that of the feeble being that lay before her leaving a wake of pure agony, dropping Rebecca to the ground. As the girl shrieked and writhed around on the floor, angels face changed.

She smiled.

Now inside Rebecca's mind, Angel could do whatever she wanted to the poor girl. "Stand!" screamed Angel.

Rebecca stood.

"Kill!"

As Rebecca gained control over her body once more, she saw Angel in tears on the ground being restrained by Spirit.

Spirit stood perfectly still, holding Angel up by the face with one large hand, the other paused mid-punch, inches from her stomach. "Angel" Spirit growled "Need I remind you what I said earlier?"

Angels eyes were no longer filled with the impurity of hatred. They were being emptied by her flowing stream of tears. "I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry," Angel managed to spit out in between her tears and spirits fingers. "I don't know what happened, i released my wings and then nothing; just darkness."

Angel's eye shot up at the realization of what she had almost done, she unintentionally started to squirm in Spirit's grasp. She felt sick to the bone, what was she becoming?

Spirit simply stopped. He realised what the situation was in actuality and dropped Angel. He clutched his head with one of his large hands. He had acted purely on reflex, a dark instinct buried within his physce from long ago. He saw that Luci had had a similarly adverse reaction to the pure dark hatred that had eminated from Angel. "Fuck" he muttered, trying to calm back down and regain some sense and control of the situation. He realised that before, when he had grabbed Angel, his body and mind had screamed to him to kill the frail being before him. To rend it's flesh until there was nothing recognisable left, then burn the remains. And he felt scared. Scared of what was inside her. Scared of what was inside him. Scared of the dark. And it felt far too familiar...

Angel fell to the floor and landed on her knees. Sobbing she asked "What is happening to me?". She didn't expect an answer but she just needed to ask, to reach out.

Angel blinked. When she opened her eyes she no longer saw the arena around her, she saw a dark room being lit only by small candles at the corners of the room. She look up and saw a face, his face.

Angel screamed and blinked. She was back in the arena, it appeared she had screamed here too. Everyone stared at her, slightly startled. Angel picked herself up and ran to her dorm, crying every step of the way.
Once she arrived in her room she locked the door, crawled into her bed and hid under the sheets. She sobbed and sobbed, not knowing what to do with herself. She never wanted to use her powers again if that is what it would do to her. But what scared her the most was the man in that room. She knew it wasn't a vision. It was real. That man, that man was the man who killed her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rebecca cracked her neck and knuckles preparing herself for a clean yet strong battle. She sighed and listened to Spirit's voice giving off only one restriction, Which was that no one was dying here today. No on was going to spill blood upon these grounds. She nodded once keeping that in mind as she stared blankly at Angel with a smirk on her face, She was ready. Or at least she thought she was. She continued to stare at Angel before hearing her encouragement to take on the first move that will stir the pot of the battle. Rebecca felt her muscles tense and her jaw clench to the point where her mouth got numb and sore from the intensity. She darted forward towards Angel, Keeping their eyes locked with one another. However, Angle took on a more intense transformation. One so god like, One so powerful and pure. Once she saw the wings spread out from behind her back she panicked. She shook her head and continued charging forward before suddenly falling to the ground screaming in agony and pain. She then heard a voice within her mind, The pitch and tone sounded familiar. It was Angel hidden deep within her mind. She lost all control of herself like she was stripped of power and control of her own self.
Though she had to fight it and regain her control, Rebecca focused long and hard while fighting the strong pain over her body. She kept on repeating the same ting over and over hoping to fight the mind controller. Something her friend has reminded her many times before and it always worked then before things spiraled down into a downward spiral.
Your the one in control of yourself, Your the one in control of yourself, Your the one in control of yourself!
Her mind screamed as it went up against Angel's voice and commandments. She continued on reminding herself of the same thing over and over while she continued on screaming and screaming. And the ball was set in motion. She screamed "Your the one in control of yourself!" Her voice cracked as the voice within her mind faded since her voice over powered the other and was the one now in control. Tough the other voice was still there just in a fainter tone behind her head. She was able to get her control back just in time when Angel said Kill. Rebecca stood tall and stared at Spirit and Angel. Spirit had Angel within his hand. Rebecca stared blankly at them before holding her power as she walked up behind Spirit before looks at Angel hearing her apologize. She tilted her head in confusion. "W-What are you apologizing for?" She asked making sure she was still the one in control within herself, But just then the voice was gone and she no longer had to battle for power. She let out a sigh of relief and stared at the two before watching Angel being dropped to the ground while Spirit fussed about having his one rule be broken by Angel.
Rebecca watched Angel run in tears while spirit held a look of disappointment within his eyes. She looked at the rest of her classmates and sighed before shaking her head and departed from the group figuring she was the one that was not ready for such a big commitment yet step. She still had a lot to learn but will she be willing to learn it all. She followed behind Angel to make sure the girl will be alright. And to also explain to her that she was indeed one hell of a fight to get her own control and power back for herself. "Never grab a girl like that again, Or maybe I will have to step in on you Spirit." Rebecca said in a harsh yet cold tone as she walked by Spirit towards the dorms. She was not given a fighting chance but was fighting for herself against Angle's control. If things went differently then maybe the competition would have ended with her in victory.
What a fucked up society, I would have expected a more controlled and collective one, But never imagined one to hold violence against one another. Perhaps death was no better than life. Because people in life were at least sane, While the people in death were not. That just proves death is no better than life.
Rebecca thought as she tucked her hands back into her pockets and continued walking further and further away from the group. She had no idea where Angel's dorm room might be so she will just have to gather enough courage and ask another for the appropriate dorm in which she will be located in. She no longer felt pain within her body, Just anger and a bit of frustration but no longer pain.

Spirit heard her comment and stood perfectly still for a second before he snapped. In an instant he covered the distance between them and reached out to grab her waist with one massive hand.

Rebecca stopped in her tracks as her waist was grabbed forcefully, She sighed and pulled her other hand out of her pocket before slipping it slowly onto Spirit's hand and gently ran her fingers over the pressure point of his very hand. Her energy was all going towards his very pressure point while her power was activated from the threat his touch given her. She softly applied pressure against his pressure point with her finger while her energy was beginning to drain from her and into him. He could feel it, His hand started to get numb due to her power and his hand started to feel weak and useless. She jerked herself out from his now week grasp and turned to face him. Her knees began to wobble since she felt them getting weak due to her being drain of most of her energy but she continued to stand tall and strong. Though once she finished speaking with Angel she was going to head to her dorm to rest and regain the energy she lost.
"Don't you dare test me Spirit. I was just making a point that should have crossed your damn mind. I said it once now I am going to say it again. Keep your fucking hands off us girls."
Rebecca growled and turned back around placing her hands back into her pockets and made some effort in taking her first step away from him, She had some energy but not much as she wished to have since she just wasted it on him. She continued walking without saying another word hoping Spirit got her message and stayed away from her.​

Spirit just chuckled "Rebecca" he sighed through choking laughs "who the fuck do you think you are? " he giggled "who the fuck do you think you're talking to? Do you even know how long I've been here? Over 300 years! And I'm not insane yet! So you'd better show me some god damn respect! " he bellowed, bursting towards her, creating a small sonic boom and igniting her with dark flames on impact. As she lay on the floor he just stared at the pitious girl writhing on the floor. "You can't beat me alone... There's no one here who can beat me alone... Luci is far stronger than you and he's had a fair few goes. So don't think you can step to the only soul ever to survive a partial transformation. Why do you thi thinkjk they call me Spirit?!" He laughed, growing more insane by the minute, losing his inhibitions and letting the truth loose to wreck havoc.

Status
Not open for further replies.