Beyond the ether

Which way would you prefer to die?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I think she means replacing her powers with those of another" angel exclaimed. "She really doesn't want to see water again let alone have to fight alongside it."

"Oh! I um...." she squeaked, not actually expecting Spirit to pay note to her comment, "Um, well...you didn't bring it up, per say, I was just curious if it was an option since Angel brought up that we'd gain abilities based on our form of death...m-meaning mine would b-be...water." She swallowed hard before continuing, "I'm not expecting it to be an option, I just...don't...like water...or the cold for that matter."

"Well as far as I know, from my experience the only way to change your powers at all is to fall into insanity but recover soon enough that you retain your form. Although I've only ever seen one case of that happening successfully" he said dryly "Oh that's why most Dark Spirits lose their abilities by the way" he continued

Angel smiled at that comment. She wasn't quite sure why. A sudden wave of fear struck Angel. Looking round the room frantically she noticed a shadowy figure in the corner of her eye, always out of sight. Attempting not to panic, Angel ignored it and hoped no one saw her.

Marci bit her tongue. Well, as much as water scared her, she was certain that falling into insanity would be much worse.
"Alright, th-thank you, Sir...that's sort of what I was expecting, anyway..."

The boy flipped the coin into the air once more, but as it landed back onto his hand it was instantly crushed "well that's a new personal best" he smiled to himself as he lied down looking up at the sky

"Ok moving on then!" Announced Spirit, strolling towards a cupboard to retrieve a diagram of the world. As he passed Angel he whispered "I can see"

Angel, despite the fear that Spirit's comment instilled in her, was eager to see a map of this world. Since she had arrived she had spent most of her time inside the school. In fact Angel had only stepped out of school grounds on her first day, they day she was born anew into this world. She remembered falling for what seemed like an eternity before landing harmlessly in the desert sands. Spirit had found her quickly and brought her into the school. Angel wondered how he found her so fast or how he even knew to be looking for her. As Spirit pulled out the diagram Angel refocused her attention to the teacher.

The Map
nPpRnq7.jpg

The map displayed a modestly large diagram of the school grounds. When Anji decided leave her seat to satisfy curiosity, what little was there came to no surprise. One night of escaping the dorms to prowl for freedom, that will show you real quick how small their underworld was.

"Cute, Spirit. No wonder everybody goes nuts in here. You know what a sanitarium is? I've been in padded cells roomier than this," she scoffed, arms crossing over her chest. "What do you want to tell us about it? We already got the tour."

"You see this black perimeter? Do not cross this until you've had proper training. We don't get that many of you so we can't afford to lose any of you" Spirit says, looking at each of the students in turn

Angel was rather perplexed. "You don't get many of us? What do you mean, dead people come here right? and a hell of a lot of people die." Angel said inquisitively.

"Only very... well... traumatic death leave enough of an impression on the soul to take it to this place" explained Spirit, avoiding eye contact on the 'traumatic' part. "That's why you don't see hundreds of thousands people able to cause heart attacks" He says with a smirk

This dramatic aversion to the barrier didn't stave Anji's interests. Spirit's warning only provoked the idea to walk out into the desert tonight, after curfew. She carefully enfolded her thoughts in a protective intellect, listening half-heartedly to the teacher and her acquaintance, Angel. At this point they were engrossed enough to undermine reading Anji's subtle tinkering.

If this were a possibility, a chance to escape, why hadn't Lucifer tried to escape by now? Would it really be the end of whoever breached their limbo?

The rest of them could follow Spirit's rules. Anji molded her lips, four mouth piercings gently rubbing against her teeth. The rest of them could stay schoolboys and schoolgirls for eternity.

"If everyone could follow me, we're headed to the training centre now" announced Spirit, noting the time. "Oh and remember to keep fairly quite on the way there, there are a couple of other classes going on" he reminded them as he strolled to the door.

Angel stood up, excited to show off the true extent of her power. To be honest with herself she didn't even know her limits, this would be a chance to release all the energy she could feel held inside her. She also was also kinda looking forward to see Anji at work, she wasnt quite sure what her ability was and was very eager to find out. Despite this she couldn't help but feel for Marci who would now have to deal with her greatest fear. "Ready Sir!" Angel proudly exclaimed.

"Yeah, little suck-up?" Anji hissed, fingers playing in Angel's locks of black hair. A peak of pain Angel would feel as Anji withdrew three long, unbroken strands. "Listen, I will give these back when we're done. You'll probably still steal the show without them," she explained, implying in their training. Anji twisted the hair around a finger and picked up her purse. They were on their way out steadily, Anji glancing around for Lucifer.

Angel winced, that hurt. "What was that for? Jesus." Angel complained. As she walked out the classroom Angel thought to herself why Anji would even want her hair. If it was just to cause her pain then why did she keep it? Angel shrugged and carried on walking out the classroom.

"sounds like they are moving" Luci said to himself getting up from his sleep. He put his headphones back on and fiddled with his iPod to fined a good song. "this one sounds okay" he said as he placed the iPod in his pocket and walked to the edge of the roof. He didn't stop, just walked off the top of the building. His body fell to the ground, passing the class room window, and landing on the school grounds. For some reason his body was in perfect shape, but the ground around him had been torn up

Spirit turned to see the source of the loud impact, not surprised to see it happened to be Luci. "We're heading to the training facility" Informed Spirit

Status
Not open for further replies.