Beyond the ether

Which way would you prefer to die?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Bite me."
Rebecca mumbled not really listening to a goddamn word he had to say. She sighed since she only wanted to go and speak with Angel and just relax for a while since she was near to passing out on the floor if she was not wise with using the rest of her energy. She kept her mouth closed and continued walking. She rolled her eyes and took in a deep breath restraining herself from speaking another word that just might call her into another battle with the best of the best. Her breath was taken away as she fell face first on the floor while a dark flame devoured her body. She wanted to scream and call Uncle but she had to be strong and just laid there and took it, Holding her screams tight within herself. She stared up at Spirit while a vein popped out on her neck due to the intense feelings of her pain. Her fingers curled into the insides of her palm as she felt them shake while she continued holding back. She then let out a big huge breath, then another and another. Using this process to fight the pain.

"You shouldn't even be talking, At least I know how to treat a fucking girl right and not grab them like the way you did. That is not what you call respect but that is what we call disrespect." She spat at him in a intense, painful voice as she continued to lay there in these flames of darkness. Her eyes narrowed and her face turned blank as she took the pain, Just not showing her reactions towards it. She would lay here in them until she was considered a pile of ash, Because she knew she will never lose the little dignity she has if she does.

Spirit had had it up to here with this mouthy bitch. He leapt ontop her, extinguishing the flames but pinning her to the ground. "What's so special about women anyway?" He growled "There's no difference here, you spoilt princess! Everyone dies the same goddamn way!" She still didn't seem to recognise him as superior, and that infuriated Spirit. Not because of a power complex, but because of how much him and so many others had sacrificed to let him be here now. Supressing his rage, he awaited her answer in near insanity.

Rebecca sighed as the flames ceased. She then looked up at Spirit and laid there unsatisfied by his actions upon her. She turned her head away from him and didn't lock eyes with him as he practically screamed in her face. After he was done speaking she opened her mouth and spoke and gave some answers. Her hair got her head face as she turned her head back in it's natural position and stared up at him.
"They are not special I just think it is not right for a man to grab a woman the way you did. It is rude and disrespectful to us. You saw Angel, She left in tears because the way you acting. God only knows what she must have felt when you reacted the way you did. Everyone should be treating each other with respect. That is the point I am trying to get across." She stated before shifting beneath him and grumbled not liking this position on bit since it just looked wrong to everyone else. "This is a perfect example. We should have settled this disagreement differently but you couldn't help but scream and yell at me because I am right. And your actions were not the best to take. Instead they were somewhat childish in my eyes Spirit. I would have expected better from you but maybe I was just imagining that you out of all people would be different. " She muttered before turning her head once again and looked at the other two who watched from a distance. "You are not setting a very good example." She then answered the other question. "That is where you are wrong Spirit. We all died the same way yes, But have many different reasons as to why. And that is what you don't understand. We may die the same but we are different beings, different souls, and different stories. I just hope one day you will be able to realize that." Rebecca sighed and took the dare to ask him to get off of her.

"You think she was crying because I grabbed her?! Dear god you're stupid!" He groaned, emotionally exhausted from the repeated and unresolved conflict. "She was crying because of the darkness that she holds locked away inside her. The same darkness that infected and mutated my form into what you see now when I went insane. And she now sees not only her own darkness but the darkness that I, the one person she felt she could rely on, has that same terror held within. You talk about us all being different... I disagree there. I've seen so many like you." He looked at her with regret, remorse and sombre remembrance. "They think that they're different. That they're special. They go against everyone no matter what because they think they're strong. And they all end up the same way" he sighed getting off her. "You still don't get it. You apparently cannot begin to understand because you're too naive. Angel would have probably ended up killing you and then herself out of guilt had I not 'grabbed her in the wrong way'. You seem to think that the Dark Spirits out there give two shits about grabbing you correctly... you've yet to sacrifice so don't you dare lecture Luci, Juan or I. Don't you dare..." he repeated, his eyes burning fiercely "Remember who you're talking to and show some respect before I really get mad. You think this is me shouting and getting angry? Ask Luci what I'm like when I'm angry" he said, practicalpy spitting the words out of his mouth, disgusted by her display of disrespect

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Rebecca sighed and blocked out his voice while standing not really wanting to listen anymore. She dusted herself off and looked at her clothes before shaking her head and tucked her hands back into her pockets. She looked at Spirit watching his mouth move but no words coming out. She perked a brow and then decided to walk past him while he continued to speak. She wanted to go up to Angel and practically speak to her since no one else will. She was able to take a risk, A risk that just might end her once and for all and she is okay with that. She shook her head and continued walking.
I hate people, Only because they are the beings who don't understand no accept the truth for what it is. Maybe I am wrong but I don't stop until I get some proof that will satisfy me. And I am not afraid to admit I am wrong. But, Many just fear of it.
She thought while the wind brushed against her, She believed that the only one who can give her the truth was Angel since she was the one who actually went out of here crying. So in order to believe the truth was the truth she had to get confirmation from Angel. So far she felt like everyone looked down on her but she could care less what they think because she knew she was fit to be the best. She just needs a bit of practice. Once she arrived at the dorms, She walked up to the front desk and asked for the room and dorm complex for Angel. The attendant at the desk looked at her suspiciously and decided to give what she asked for. She gave thanks and went straight to the room and dorm she was told to go to.

Angel heard a knock at the door." Spirit, if that's you I don't need a lecture about controlling my power, ok?" Angel let out in a somber gasp. Her eyes were still red, the scars of a tear's recent journey.

"Oh heavens no, I would much rather die than be that man." Rebecca said though the other side of the door as she dropped her hand back down to her side and sighed. "Just came to check up on you, After the way you ran crying. . Anyway, Everything okay in there?" Rebecca asked as she stood still behind the closed door. Her head hanging down from her shoulders as she digs the tip of her shoe into the solid ground below. She then asked to get the truth she wanted. "Why were you crying anyway. I would like to know. For a reason of course." Rebecca needed to know so she cold at least get a grab around the truth and just think and maybe sleep on it as well. The truth will possibly make her understand since many don't believe she does at this point. She remained silent waiting to hear Angel's voice again. Hoping to get the information she wanted. But if not, She will just have to get it herself.

Luci knew the mood spirit was in all to well, and decided to make his exit. He was bored so he didn't really want to go to the roof, some action might be fun. Once more, Luci turned up his iPod music and began to walk away. "Yo teach, i'm heading to the border. Don't go insane whilst i'm gone" he shouted back to spirit smiling. He had always wanted to see the state spirit would be in once he turned. I guess that's one of the reasons Luci has stayed in this world so long. That and another reason.

Luci moved into a brisk walk. There was no really indicator for the border, well not a visible one. But you could feel the repulsive insanity emitting from the other side. It would engulf and surround you, attempting to drag you down under

Angel didn't know whether she was happy or frightened that it was Rebecca instead of Spirit. Taking in a large breath Angel answered, "I cried because, because i wasn't in control. Something, someone was in my mind. They almost made me kill you." Angel sighed. "If Spirit hadn't restrained me, you would've died." Angel shuddered at the thought of ending someone else's life. "The worst part is that i know who was in control. The man who killed me, the man I loved."

Angel opened the door and let Rebecca in.

Rebecca stayed quiet as she listened to Angel. She gave off a look of confusion as Angel tried explaining. She got the part of someone being in her mind and that was all the proof she needed to declare herself wrong. She sighed and shook her head hating the feeling but she accepted it however she wished to hear more to get a better understanding. "Honestly, You would have been doing me a favor. I would not be standing her trying to make sense of everything going on around me if I ceased to even exists. But, That is beside the point. Listen, I don't know your current position but I know some of it. Because in a point of time, I was in the same place you were right now. You just need to learn to move past it, Trust me it is not all that easy but it is possible if you believe it is." Rebecca then took in a breath and looked up at the door as if she was staring Angel right in the eyes when she said this. "The past is what is keeping us back, But it is time to open our eyes and stare at what is happening now. The present. I might not know anything but I can learn. From other's experiences. I am sorry Angel, But look what is ahead of you now instead of what was forever behind you."
Rebecca then sighed and turned around, Making her back face the door. Making her leave back to her own dorm fearing that Angel would blow up in her face just like how Spirit did. Her head throbbed and her energy was running thin, She was surprised that she made it this far without falling to the ground sound asleep.
Once she got to her dorm she walked in and sighed before looking around in the dim lit room while the sunlight poured into the room from little cracks behind the curtains that hanged on her window. She walked over to a black case that held the size to fit a medium sized banjo. She grabbed it by the handle before picking it up and brought it over to her bed. She laid it on the bed and trailed her fingertips over the rich black leather coat of the case, Before they found their way to the silver colored clasp that held it closed. She opened the case and stared at a spotless white violin. The bow rested within it's place it he case. She inhaled a breath before grabbing the two items one within each hand and stared at them. She then placed the chin on the chin rest of the violin and took the bow within her hand and ran it across the strings while her fingers of the other began dancing upon the strings. She played a sweet and peaceful tune that gave her the chance to calm down and think correctly.
Rebecca paced around the room while she played and thought. She began thinking about the information she got from Angel and how it connected with Spirit's information, But she could not put a finger on it. She sighed and closed her eyes while she continued playing, Louder and Louder as if expressing her rising frustration and anger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Angel stared at the open space, somewhat perplexed. Something was wrong with that girl, Angel could feel it. She frowned. Rebecca said she understood, she didn't. She told Angel to look to the future but Angel didn't know whether she would have one. This thing, it was in her mindscape, lurking at the edges, it caused her to black out once, then it took control. What was next? Angel wanted to ask spirit, he always seemed to know the answer but Angel couldn't cope with showing herself to the world after that. Anyway, the way Rebecca spoke of him led Angel to believe the darkness she could sense emanating from him was only getting worse. Angel thought for a while, it seemed like an age but she eventually asked herself, "What is the worst that could happen?"

Her eyes glowed. They suddenly filled with white flame and as they did Angel thrust them closed and fell backwards onto her bed.

She entered her mindscape once more, what would be waiting for her now that Spirit wasn't there to protect her?

Angel opened her eyes, now in the familiar abyss. The edges no longer seemed to shift and swirl. Angel raised her hands to her eyes, attempting to darken them and adjust her to the darkness quicker. That was when she noticed. Her hands were no longer her pale tone, they were a writhing mess if thick black tentacles, dark fog releasing from in between the swirling mass. Angel looked down and saw that her whole body was wrapped up in this grasping organism of darkness. Suddenly two of the tentacles flew up before thrashing into Angels face and clawing into her eye sockets. Angel screamed, but no one could hear her inside her own mind.

Angel awoke, she stood up, eyes closed and walked towards the door. Once she was passed the receptionist she allowed her eyes to open. They were no longer the pale deathly white of the norm. They were empty.

They were black.

Rebecca sighed while realizing a pattern between each person here, Each one carried a burden. Perhaps one of a deep darkness, But everyone was afraid to admit it and just let it out, Instead they held it trapped inside to keep their dignity and pride. She shook her head as more thoughts crossed her mind.
From what Spirit told me, It just doesn't match up with Angel's story. To me it is all just one big web of lies. Though I need to be placed in their shoes to understand, And that is the problem. I am not them nor will I ever be. Why must things be so confusing, And why do these people make it hard to understand? I just don't get it, I think I never will in time. Sometimes you just need to shut up and carry on with your business instead of sticking your nose up into other's to get some answers. Why must you be so shallow Rebecca? Why must you be so clueless?

Rebecca thought as she sat at the right corner of her bed and placed her violin in her lap along with the bow. She sighed and shook her head before laying the instrument up on her bed and got up and began to pace her room again with her arms crossed over her chest. She walked up to her window and took her hands before wrapping her fingers around the black curtains and pulled them apart like a open double door. She let the light devour her and her room as she threw the curtains open and stared out of the window at the sky. Trying to construct shapes out of the clouds, She made a bunny, a heart, and even a face with a smile. Through she had trouble smiling since her mind was just so doubtful now and days and it was her burden on her shoulders.
All I want is to understand and just make a connection with everyone, But I even fail at that. Because I just can't keep my mouth shut. So much for getting along with everyone in here.

Angel strode towards the school complex, the outer barrier protecting the school seemed to loom darker than usual. Every step Angel took scorched the ground, leaving a smoldering path behind her. As she walked closer to the school a thick cloud appeared above, slowly forming but eventually creating a huge black mist covering the sky. Angel's eyes flash white and shone to the sky like a beacon. Angel winced in pain and shut them before re opening the black pools. Nezir almost had full control over Angel's body but when he chose her he knew she would be hard to fully control. It was worth it for the power she could control however. Every step Angel's body took shot a pained look into Angel's face. Nezir, tiring over this lack of control decided to use a larger portion of his power. Black wings crafted from a filthy black mist ruptured out of Angel's back. With one fowl motion Angel shot into the sky and disappearing into the thick black swirl above.

Among all the chaos, Marci was still in the training ground. Pretty much everything that was going on intimidated her to the point of not speaking, with eventually having to face her fear to start training, not even having an inkling of how to harness her power, then all this drama that just happened with Angel losing control again, then that very mouthy student causing Spirit to lose both his temper and his mind. If anything else too exciting happens, her little undead heart might give out. Marci then clutched the hat Juan had placed on her head and pulled it down to cover her eyes before she scooted a little closer to the Colombian war veteran to feel some sense of security.

Spirit stood slumped, his posture and will broken. He had tried so hard. Each day since he recovered from the insanity, he had sworn to never let himself revert to that horrible state. And every day he had kept that sacred oath to himself and to... her... But now he had destroyed every shred of respect that the people around him had for him. And over what? A mouthy brat who didn't realise that in her nearly two years here she hadn't even experienced enough to put what he and other had experienced into scale. She was delusional, caught up in her own little fantasy. He glanced across at his students, seeing them scared. Of him. He fought back the raw sadness tearing at his mind to try and focus on the black clouds above.

Luci had strolled quite far out from the border. Turning back he could see the school in the distance. The air around him was thick, weighed down by misery and insanity. It reminded him of the good old days, the days when there was no order in this realm.

The border was created by spirit to stop any insanity from effecting the new and weak students. But it was also in place to stop the souls, the souls of the ones who had already turned. Shadowy movements circled Luci as he stopped moving. Reaching into his pocket he pulled out the beloved iPod. Whilst he was picking a song, the figures moved again. A wide evil grin creeped along the boys face. The moment he placed the iPod back into his pocket, the figures pounced.

This was going to be fun

Two spirits charged at him, obviously fairly old as they had just mutated into beast like being, with some remnants of humanity twisted in. The first swung at Luci with its large spine covered right hand

The boy easily evaded, flipping so his body was just above theirs. He then brought his feet down onto the back of the first ones head. Sandwiching it between the floor and his foor

It roared in anger and disbelief, flailing wildy trying to hit him. The second one opened its mouth and vomited forth some foul smelling torrent of liquid at him, aiming above the other creatures head.

The music blared into Luci's ears. It made the fight ten times for interesting to him. Luci effortlessly dodged the flurry of attacks, after all he was a good fighter. But he didn't expect the vomit. He managed to move out the way slightly, but some splashed onto his arm . As Well as the head of the other beast

Status
Not open for further replies.