• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

kiro

Gerbage Gerblin
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. Multiple posts per week
Online Availability
Varies, usually evenings
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Scifi
Hi! Hello! This is the thread I guess. Soliciting feedback and gauging interest for the amorphous blob of brain detritus that is...Bedlam. I think there's enough for other people to start cooking things up with now, but I'm not sure and maybe the mise en place isn't all there yet. I can prep more, but I'm a lazy boy and if a thing is good I'm content to let it be good and move on to the next step.

SO. The sifting.

Current Setting Info Links: 1, 2, 3

Question 1:
Is there enough to work with for character inspiration from the showcase thread, whether you're interested or not, and if not what would be something you feel is missing?

Assuming the answer to Question 1 is some manner of 'Yeah, I guess weirdo, put the meat on the grill already...' I'm thinking hooks is probably the next bit that's important. Assuming then that the current prep doesn't quite get you through the 'why the flipping heck would my character even do this my guy?' step, I've got a few ideas simmering from the initial bit of cud chewing I've been doing with Mr. Watterton.

Hook 1:
Megadungeon exploration. The Spire is set up to be a place where all manner of things can exist in, and things happen in. For a more combat oriented RP, this seems ideal, with easy jumps out back into Bedlam to do more of the strictly social/world building stuff. Additionally, this could be an interesting way to rotate people in and out depending on how they're feeling about things. That's rather getting ahead of myself, but I figured I would put it out there as a sort of OOC hook for the possibility of toe dipping.

Hook 2:
Modern fantasy mystery/detective/investigative story. In the showcasing thread I have a few posts that I think might give an idea for what I mean here, at least flavor wise. That sort of thing could very easily be expanded to include other incidents, affecting whoever in different sorts of ways. Figuring out what is causing them, where it's coming from, and maybe why, I feel like could be compelling. Probably more small focused group (like four people tops) or one on one oriented sort of thing than the other idea, but 'cases' could do more of the same 'letting people hop in and out' thing or just get a better feel for the flavor.

So.

Question 2:
Are those hooks interesting enough? Does the lure attached to either of them just need more polish to be distracting enough to draw a bite?

Question 3:
Did you have other ideas?

Question 4:
Does one of them interest you in particular?

Question 5:
Do you think these questions are silly and want to be left alone already?

I think that's it for the moment, from me at least. I will take silence as a no to all of the above (save 5, I guess as that'd probably be a yes in that case), and instead resort to hocking bricks at certain individuals directly for feedback. Just as a note, in case it isn't clear from the above or the showcase thread, I'm much more interested in letting the world build itself as it gets run into. So if people get involved and want to flesh out a specific thing, I'm very happy to just take that...slather it in super glue, and slap it on to the rest. I do have some baseline...whatever the forum equivalent of Session 0 rules/requirements for folks I don't already know, but those can be discussed later if there's sufficient interest or even a need.

• I'm SHOOK
Reactions: Lyrikai