Because of you. (MxM) (lawkheart)

• Thread starter ♣CrimsonParadiso♣
  • Start date
Travis hadn't expected his brother to full out yell at him but then again he didn't know that his brother was holding back that much rage in him. It shocked the hell out of Travis when his brother grab his hand and made him feel the scars, it made his skin crawl even more and was glad when his hand was released. He had pushed himself into the corner of the kitchen as he watched his brother blow up at him and wanted to much just to ball up right there. His mind was trying to wrap around everything that was being said and to tell him that it wasn't his father yell at him. It wasn't until his brother stormed off that he was finally able to look ahead of him.

His eye brimmed with tears but none of them fell, he wasn't going to allow them to fall. Even in death that man was still toying with the two of them, was this what he wanted. For him and his brother to be miserable even after his demise. Travis opened his mouth to yell at his brother to get back into the kitchen but his phone started going off. Travis jerked his phone from his pocket and looked at the id 'unknown number' he thought to himself. He finally decided to answer it, anything was better then hearing those words over and over in his head that his brother yelled at him. "Hello?" Travis asked hesitantly and a familiar voice come through the other end and he was thinking that he would rather be having a screaming match with his brother at this moment. "H-how was the w-wedding?" Travis stammered out.

He finally pushed from the wall in the kitchen and slowly moved towards the living room as the person on the other chatted away "I'm s-sorry I couldn't a-a-attend" he said and the way he said it made it sound that it wasn't the first time he had apologized to that person "What! Already" Travis exclaimed and started looking over his shoulder like something was going to jump out and grab him "N-no, I mean I would love to. Just n-not r-r-right n-now" Travis really had to get a hold of himself, this stammering crap had to end. "Fine, I'll just meet you somewhere" he tried to explain but it sounded like the other person wasn't having it. Travis argued for a little bit and something along the lines 'shut up' or 'there will be none of that' could be heard from his phone. Right then Travis shut up and started doing whatever the other person on the phone wanted him to do.

Kaleb had moved his bed in front of his door and was laying on his bed curled up. He just laid there, reliving the painful memories of his past. He could still feel the digging sensation and the excruciating pain that coupled it as someone stabbed him while raping him. He could still hear his father laughing at his pain as he would sit and watch. He felt numb as tears slid down his face and curled up more. He was being eaten alive by guilt and pain and even now that their father was dead, he still managed to torture him. He began trembling and curled up tighter before he put his head phones on and he went to sleep, but the music did not help him and the memories followed him into his dreams. He wanted to scream out, he wanted to beg them to just kill him and end it for him, but he remembered the laughs he got instead. Why? Your such a good fuck? And cheap too, why would I kill you when I have so much fun with you. He could hear those words being said still over his beaten and dirtied body as one of his fathers friends had finished using him. He had asked the man to kill him and he remembered the laughing. All the laughing at his pain and misery.

It felt like seconds since he had gotten off the phone but really it had been about half an hour and when Travis finally got settled on the couch in the living room there was a knock at the door. He sighed as his hands shook a bit at Travis' reluctance to get up from the couch and answer the door. Though he knew the longer he took the anger he would be and with that thought he finally got up from the couch just as the doorbell rang. Travis hurried over to the door and quickly opened it "You're father's not dead a month and you've already moved into his house" was the first response he got. Not a hello, how are you doing but a harsh pin to his chest. "The lawyer said..." He started off and saw a smile form on the guys face, he was being messed with. "It's nice to see you too TJ" Travis finally said and the guy patted him on the check "Good boy" Travis received and he looked over his shoulder at the darkening house.

"I'll just grab my coat and we can go" Travis offered up hoping to stay away from this house with TJ present "Aren't you even going to invite me in?" He asked but didn't wait to be invited in as he pushed his way past Travis and into the house. Travis however stayed near the door waiting to leave after TJ said it was ok. "Man, it's been awhile since I've been in this place..." TJ started to ramble as he walked further inside "remember the fun Travis, well that was until your father got stingy for some reason. But I found away around that didn't I" TJ started to go on and about the past. Travis remembered it all to well and after the fight with his brother he was sure that Kaleb wouldn't want to see one of their father's old friends. "Can we just go?" Travis pleaded and abandoned the door to walk over to TJ "Are you trying to tell me what to do?!" TJ hissed at him and Travis backed up a few feet "N-no, I was merely saying..." he tried to explain and then TJ advanced on him "say what? That you don't remember the rules you have to obey nor the respect you are supposed to be showing me" TJ wrapped a hand around Travis neck and pushed him into a wall. "I-I-I'm s-s-s-sorry" Travis almost cried out but kept his voice level under control. Maybe his brother was too pissed and would just stay in his room. "You know I could have just let you starve on that street all those years back but I did you a favor" "I know and I appre....appreciate that"

TJ let Travis' neck go and watched him gasp for air as he hit the floor "I have a feeling you're trying to hide something from me" "no not at all. I just figured that you got back into town and wanted to..." Travis looked up at TJ from his place on the ground and took a deep breath. After a few seconds he finally got to his feet "You called, I answered. Out of habit I assumed you would want to go to your place and I would let you do whatever you wanted" Travis finally spit out and that got TJ's attention away from looking around the house "Well at least you are honest about that but you are still lying to me. So why don't I ask your body what they truth is?" TJ hissed through clenched teeth and walked up to Travis grabbing the back of his head and dragging him out of the house and up to his car. When TJ finally let go of his head he quickly climbed into the car not wanting to anger TJ any further.

Kaleb had heard everything and as TJ got into the car, Kaleb came out, shirtless still, with his fathers gun. He shot the tire of the car and then pointed it at the driver, knowing him from anywhere. "Travis out of the car and in the house. I want you to call Tony, he's the second number on the recent call history," he said as he opened the car door and pulled Travis out gently, keeping the gun pointed at TJ. He had a look of pure rage on his face and it was a look that meant do not argue with him. Once Travis was inside, Kaleb went to TJ's sighed of the car and pulled the bastard out. He had enough of this shit and it was going to end now. He had every ones name, every one who had been friends with his father and the journals were enough evidence. He looked like he was not in the mood to be messed with. TJ's own name was carved out on his lower back so he couldn't deny it anymore. "You will not torment my family anymore," he said in anger.

It was going to be a long night and Travis wasn't even sure that he would be able to walk tomorrow but it was the price he had to pay for being stupid when he was younger. Just as the car was started and about to pull away something jerked him from the car and all sounds were gone. He looked to TJ to figure things out but he looked just as stunned as Travis. His eyes landed on his brother with a gun in his hands and pointing towards TJ 'This is bad, very bad' he thought to himself but at the order from his brother he turned back to the house. Maybe things could be different for him or maybe the contract would be voided some how but just stepping one foot into that house he knew he was kidding himself.

"So that's what little Travis was hiding" TJ's sickening voice traveled to Kaleb, he never thought that he would see that boy again. However the gun in his face was a little much. "I'm sorry to break it to you Kaleb but your brother and I have a legal contract" TJ said smoothly even though inside he was hoping that Kaleb didn't shoot him. "Isn't that right Travis!" TJ then called out towards the house.

Travis stepped back onto the front porch of the house and stared down at the two men. He should have known better that TJ would never forget their deal and there was no way that Travis could pay back the amount that he owed any time soon. With a deep breath he descended the stairs and back over to Kaleb and TJ. "He's not lying Kaleb" Travis said in a soft voice and placed his hand on the gun to make his brother lower it away from TJ. If things got even more out of hand then he would be paying for it later that night and Travis was trying to make things as easiest as possible for him and his body.

When Travis touched the gun, he shot it off right past TJ's head, hitting the tree. "I don't care. I have all the evidence with my fathers journals and your lawyers paper work. If you are arrested for past crimes, the contract is null and void. And my father has a record of every time you raped me and I have the proof on my back," he growled out. "Travis, call Tony... now," he yelled, his anger bubbling up inside of him. He had studied every bit of the contracts and he had the original and most of the copies. Tj and his friends would not win. He even had photos of those times of Tj and all of his fathers friends raping him. He wasn't stupid and he would not deal with this anymore.

Once Travis called Tony, the sirens were heard as Tony grew close to the house. When the car came close, Tony, a friend of Kalebs, took TJ and cuffed him, putting him into the car. Kaleb put the gun down and put it on safety. He went inside with Tony and a few other police officers. He knew them all. He handed him all the evidence and all of it, made every arrangement, every contract and every person in the books under arrest. He let the police photograph the scars and such and he then gave them the photos and showed them the basement and such. Once they were all done, Tj was already in prison, everything had solid evidence that not even he would try and hide.

He called his fathers lawyer and told him that his fathers will is null and void and the police would be contacting them soon enough. "I want to sell the house immediately and the money is to be split, half for me and half for Travis," he said to the Lawyer. Everything was done and settled. He didn't say anything else to Travis, going upstairs and putting on his shirt and jeans. He came back down and he sat down at the table, leaning his head down and looking at the gun.

Travis was a little shocked as was TJ, everything that was coming out of his brother was hard to believe. All the money that he owed Travis was voided, not that was something that was unbelievable but as long as Kaleb held that gun in his hand Travis actually listened this time and went inside to call Tony. Once that was all taken care of Travis didn't care to be present during anything else. He locked himself in his room as the sirens come to the house, he would not help in any other way and wanted nothing to do with any of this. He was just trying to get by in his life and move on. He jerked his hand outward to grab his ipod off the floor and tried to turn it on. The batter was dead "Just fucking great" he hissed as he chucked the ipod into the wall.

Travis pulled his knees to his chest and hugged them as he sat on his bed listening to everything that was happening out in the living room, he just wanted the police to go away. But when they did he heard his brother call the lawyer and tell him to sell the house and split the money. So that was the plan all along, he wanted to sell the house faster then Travis could imagine, probably just so he could get away from Travis that much sooner.

He started to rub his hands on the side of his legs but even through his jeans he could feel the puckered skin that were horrible reminders of the past. Chills ran down his spin and he jumped from the bed and over to his bags. He started to shove all of his shit back into his bags and then opened his bedroom door. Travis could get Lolita and bring her back to his apartment tonight but as he stepped out of his room he just remembered that there were a few of TJ's associates that knew where he lived, TJ made sure they knew but Travis never understood why. He would have to move again...but he loved that place, he loved the landlord, he paid a decent amount of rent there and his job was near by.
With his heart in his throat Travis made his way out into the living room to find his cat "Lolita?" He called softly as he checked all the darkened nooks of the house.

Oddly enough, his cat sat on the table in front of Kaleb. Kaleb pet her gently before he stood up. He actually want to sell this house because of all the horrid memories it held. He heard his phone go off and he answered. It was Tony. "Yeah.... Okay.... Good... You got all of his friends and associates.... Good.... thanks Tony...." he said softly into the phone, watching the cat jump off the table when she was called. He sighed softly to himself, knowing that crooked cops were being arrested as well. He was smart and when he knew something he waned every last detail about it. He still sat at the table. He was thinking about Travis coming to live with him, but he laughed at the idea. "Travis? Come live with me? Willingly? Not in this life time or the next. I'm nothing but a stranger to him," he said softly standing up then and making himself some coffee.

Travis had been in the living room checking a few places, he was still a little dazed to be thinking clearly but as he turned to check the kitchen he saw her come trotting up to him. "There you are" he said softly and knelled down to pet her. He watched her rub against his hand and a small smile formed on his lips. He could always trust that Lolita would make him feel better no matter the situation "We got to get you all packed up now" he told her softly and got to his feet. He headed towards the kitchen but stopped hearing his brother voice.

Did he just... Travis thought to himself and couldn't shake the feeling that he had heard correctly but told himself that he was still out of it. Travis walked into the kitchen to start packing up her food and bowls, next would be the litter box. He knew that she was going to hate being in the cat carrier again but she would be glad once she was home. Travis was almost done with it all and he could keep his mouth shut "Was that a serious offer or were you joking to yourself?" He asked in a soft tone because he wasn't sure if he wanted to hear the true answer because his brother would probably just laugh at him saying that it was a joke or that he was just talking to himself. "The best of friends always start off as strangers..." he stated and got to his feet, this time he faced his brother though he didn't look him in the eye "at least that was what mom always said"

Kaleb was drinking his cup of coffee and turned around when he heard Travis talk to him. He was surprised at the thought that he would want to even live with him. "I wasn't joking... If you wanted to come with me to New York, I would bring you," he said softly, to his brother. He remembered that saying and he remembered when their mother first said it. He sighed softly and looked at the gun. He'd have to give it to Tony before he left. Thank goodness he hadn't had them start moving his stuff. He was able to cancel it earlier. "Do you want to live with me?" he asked him softly.

So it was a true offer and Travis wasn't sure how he felt about something like that. When his brother said New York Travis' first response was to say no thank you, that place was a little to far away and what would he do with Lolita. She barely liked being in her cat carrier for a few blocks to come here, how would she do going to New York? Would he even be able to keep her if he went with his brother? There were several new questions that popped into his head as he started to stare off into space. "How would that work? My job is here, Lolita is here and the few things that I have, what would happen to them?" Travis asked his brother softly. Travis then thought about it, he was actually considering moving with his brother. But then his mind started to work even more "Wouldn't it be to much of a hassle for me to tag along. I mean you have your life now, probably a girlfriend, a good job. I'd probably just be getting in the way" Travis started talking once more and now he was kind of talking himself out of moving. This was probably just his brother's way of feeling sorry for him and wanting to make everything good once more by having Travis think that he had his brother once more.

"I have no one Travis, so no you wouldn't be a bother. And the building I live in allows pets so Lolita could come," he said softly to him. He thought a moment about the questions. "Look we can talk about it. I have time and the Lawyer still has to find a buyer so I was planing on staying her one more night and collect everything and have it shipped to my apartment," he said shrugging. He wasn't sure about Travis's job but he was sure about Lolita and about him coming with him. "I do have a good job, but I am in need of someone to work with me. I own a business and its expanding with new investors and new places to go and look at to set up new stores," he said softly, not sure if his brother would want to work with him.

Ok so maybe it was all in his head or that he was trying to find an excuse to say no to moving but his brother was being rather reasonable. Lolita finally walked in the kitchen and started to meow, Travis had already packed up her bowl because he had planned to take her home tonight. He looked down at her and then knelled down and petted her head. "I...it sounds rather nice. I mean I am only a bartender at a downtown pub" Travis stated and then started to pull Lolita's things out once more. It was kind of nice thinking about living with someone else and it wasn't just some stranger. After getting his little shadow some food Travis walked over to the kitchen table and sat down.

"A-are you offering me a job? I don't really know anything about a business, I mean I never even went to college...actually I didn't finish high school to be honest" Travis looked down at his hands as he rubbed his fingers together. It gave him something to focus on besides the awkward conversation that he was having with his brother. "Don't get me wrong. I got my GED when I could" Travis told Kaleb quickly so that his brother wouldn't think that he was a complete moron.

Kaleb sat down with him, and just shrugged. "I run a clinic for children who have had to be taken away from parents by the state. I'm one of the doctors there. I usually ask people to be mentors to the kids. Show them that its okay to talk and that telling someone, anyone, can help them. You could be a mentor at the clinic I work at," he said srugging. "Most of these kids were like us, some are very young and are there with siblings and others are 15 and ran away from home," he added. "The investors are people who help me build more clinics like the one I run, in every major city and hopefully in every town once I get the money for it," he said softly to him.

Travis was rather impressed with his brother, he would have never thought of doing something like that but then again Travis was never one to socialize with other people after he freed himself from his father. But thinking on it he felt it would be nice to help out other children that were like he used to be. But would he be able to handle all the emotions that went with it or his own that could surface? He had troubles talking to a therapist about his past so what right did he have talking to other children. He would probably just scare them at would could happen to them or maybe screw up their mind even more. "It sounds interesting" Travis finally commented though he was still cautious about the idea of him helping other children when he was barely helping himself "Defiantly something I would consider doing but maybe it is a good idea that I finally get out of this town and everything in it" he finally admitted to his brother even though his mind was screaming at him to stop being so tame towards the guy that left him behind.

Kaleb nodded his head. "It's hard at first.... but you can do it... Its more listening and trying to be there for them," he tried to explain. He could still see the anger in Travis's eyes. He sighed softly. "I am sorry.... I'm sorry for leaving you here alone.... I don't know how I could make it up to you but I wish I could," he said softly, apologizing for leaving his brother there with his father. He had left to find them a better place and he didn't come back and it was his fault, although it was to protect Travis, he was still at fault.

Travis was caught off guard a little bit at his brother's apology and wasn't really sure how to respond to it but he did like the new job prospect. As he thought more on it then that would mean that he owed his brother for getting him a job and Travis just couldn't handle owing someone and especially someone who was related to him. Wonder what he would want in return? Travis thought to himself "I like the sound of the job but what do you want in return if I were to take the job?" Everyone had something they wanted or more that they wanted. That was something he learned quickly when he made a deal with his father's friend TJ, though at that time he hadn't really known who TJ was till after he had signed the contract.
He knew that he should have said thank you or something for his brother apologizing but nothing seemed to sound right in his head. "I appreciate the apology" that was alright wasn't it because that was the best that his mind could come up with.

"I'm not like dad or TJ. I'm not getting you a job, I'm offering it to you, like an employer to someone who needs a job. I won't take advantage of you," he said truth in his eyes. He would never force anything on Travis. If he wanted the job, he could have it, no contract saying that he'd have to bend over when Kaleb asked him to. Kaleb stood up and poured himself another cup of coffee, before he sat back down. He sighed softly rubbing his forehead as he sat there in silence.

At Kaleb's response Travis' felt kind of bad assuming that his brother was like that but no matter the blood relations he was sure that he wanted something. Everyone wanted something from other people and sometimes they were just too shy or embarrassed to ask for it. "I appreciate it Kaleb" he told his brother and got up to get himself coffee. This was turning out to be a better proposition then he thought but Travis still had his worries. If he wasn't able to contain his anger with his brother and screwed things up what then. Would he be able to afford to come back here and keep going with his life or would he finally end it all and just kill himself. "I think I'll take you up on that offer. Though I'm still a little apprehensive about Lolita, she hardly likes being in a cat carrier" Travis told his brother and then realized something "Would you be flying or driving to New York?" He asked before he forgot to, Travis had never been on a plane before and wasn't even sure how he would do on a plane.

Kaleb nodded his head and offered Travis a small smile. "I was planing on taking a plane, but I can call a car service and rent a car and drive to New York. I don't mind doing that if you'd prefer?" he suggested shrugging lightly. "Want to help me sort through all the stuff in the house? I can take care of dad's things, you want to handle moms?" he suggested. He wanted to get that done and over with before they left.