BBCode Help

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Testing Thread

code doesn't seem to wanna work... i can get it if the font itself doesn't work but everything else... why are they not working???

[div=height: auto; width: auto; margin: auto; font-weight: lighter; font-family: Gochi hand; font-size:14px;]Lillian Gauthier[/div]

Just as a note in general - though it didn't seem to make a difference to get this to work, but Google fonts are caps sensitive - so it'd have to be Gochi Hand if you do font tags as Rissa suggested :)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kitti
Just as a note in general - though it didn't seem to make a difference to get this to work, but Google fonts are caps sensitive - so it'd have to be Gochi Hand if you do font tags as Rissa suggested :)

Ah, I actually just tried that out without capitalizing hand and it worked lol. Thank you so much!

oh, and ya need a height or a width, most like. not entirely sure what yer going for here

Well, I just want to center the name and try and make the font lighter but that's not working so font weight doesn't seem to work on this particular font because there's only one option for this font which is the regular.

Well, I just want to center the name and try and make the font lighter but that's not working so font weight doesn't seem to work on this particular font because there's only one option for this font which is the regular.
in the div you can put:

text-align: center;

and yeah, if the font is "pre-made" bold, i dunno if you can lighten it any.

Reactions: espoir
in the div you can put:

text-align: center;

and yeah, if the font is "pre-made" bold, i dunno if you can lighten it any.

yeah, unfortunately :c and thanks for the text align solution! appreciate the help~ both you and elle! <3

code doesn't seem to wanna work... i can get it if the font itself doesn't work but everything else... why are they not working???

Lillian Gauthier

Google fonts don't work when used in the Iwaku div tag with the font-family property cause they're not loaded in yet. Divs don't really load in fonts they just kinda call them? So unless a font is already loaded into the page, the div wont be able to use it and will instead default to whatever the default is on your browser. The font tag however, loads in the font so they can be used. With that said, if the font has already been used in the same page you should be able to use it via the div font-family property so long as it's on the same page as well.

tl;dr: It's easier to use the font tag xD

• Thank You
Reactions: rissa
Can anyone tell me why this code isn't working?

Code:
[CENTER][accordion=bcenter|500]
{slide=About Me|center}[/CENTER]
[LIST]
[*]Role playing for around 6 or 7 years
[*]Can write multiple paragraphs at a time
[*]Very active (multiple posts a day)
[*]Likes to chat outside of the role play
[*]Can play both genders, however depending the the plot I may prefer one over the other
[*]Third person
[*]Located in the Central timezone
[*]Open to (Cisgender Female x Cisgender Male) & (Cisgender Female x Cisgender Female). I do support all sexualities and genders, however due to my limited experience I'm currently only comfortable role playing as those listed above.
[*]Will only role play though PMs or offsite like Discord
[*]Have no limits on violence, unless it is sexual (ex: rape, BDSM, forced anything)
[*]Not quite comfortable with sex scenes yet, but never say never I guess
[*]In general I do not enjoy playing teen characters
[*]History, fantasy and romance (especially forbidden) buff{/slide}
[/LIST]
[CENTER]{slide=Requirements & Rules|center}
Provide a RP sample to see if our styles are compatible[/CENTER]

[LIST]
[*][CENTER]Contribute to the plot[/CENTER]
[*][CENTER]Very active, one post a day minimum[/CENTER]
[*][CENTER]Create characters who actively participate in the RP[/CENTER]
[*][CENTER]Value quality over quantity (no one liners though)[/CENTER]
[*][CENTER]Live in a timezone compatible with the Central timezone[/CENTER]
[*][CENTER]If you do not respond within three days (without prior notice), I will consider you to have abandoned the RP.[/CENTER]
[*][CENTER]Fun to chat with out of character[/CENTER]
[*][CENTER]Love fantasy, romance, and/or history{/slide}[/accordion][/CENTER]
[/LIST]

How would my friend be able to close at the top; between the frame and background picture here.There's a small gap between the black lines and the solid background

Can anyone tell me why this code isn't working?

Code:
[CENTER][accordion=bcenter|500]
{slide=About Me|center}[/CENTER]
[LIST]
[*]Role playing for around 6 or 7 years
[*]Can write multiple paragraphs at a time
[*]Very active (multiple posts a day)
[*]Likes to chat outside of the role play
[*]Can play both genders, however depending the the plot I may prefer one over the other
[*]Third person
[*]Located in the Central timezone
[*]Open to (Cisgender Female x Cisgender Male) & (Cisgender Female x Cisgender Female). I do support all sexualities and genders, however due to my limited experience I'm currently only comfortable role playing as those listed above.
[*]Will only role play though PMs or offsite like Discord
[*]Have no limits on violence, unless it is sexual (ex: rape, BDSM, forced anything)
[*]Not quite comfortable with sex scenes yet, but never say never I guess
[*]In general I do not enjoy playing teen characters
[*]History, fantasy and romance (especially forbidden) buff{/slide}
[/LIST]
[CENTER]{slide=Requirements & Rules|center}
Provide a RP sample to see if our styles are compatible[/CENTER]

[LIST]
[*][CENTER]Contribute to the plot[/CENTER]
[*][CENTER]Very active, one post a day minimum[/CENTER]
[*][CENTER]Create characters who actively participate in the RP[/CENTER]
[*][CENTER]Value quality over quantity (no one liners though)[/CENTER]
[*][CENTER]Live in a timezone compatible with the Central timezone[/CENTER]
[*][CENTER]If you do not respond within three days (without prior notice), I will consider you to have abandoned the RP.[/CENTER]
[*][CENTER]Fun to chat with out of character[/CENTER]
[*][CENTER]Love fantasy, romance, and/or history{/slide}[/accordion][/CENTER]
[/LIST]

Are you working on this with the rich text editor or the bbcode editor? I'm asking, because you have a TON of center tags in there, which is something the RTE does a lot (cloning code unnecessarily) and it can junk up the accordions (everything in an accordion has to close out the same way it was entered, so all [][/] have to be in the same mirror order) -- Might also be an issue because in your first line, you've got a center code closed out BEFORE the slide/accordion codes!

How would my friend be able to close at the top; between the frame and background picture here.There's a small gap between the black lines and the solid background

I'm not honestly sure what you're asking, here... Could you elaborate, or explain it in another way? I'm seeing the border (the black lines) and the background, but the gap looks intentional? Hard to know what the poster was going for when it's someone else asking the question and not the poster themselves XD

Are you working on this with the rich text editor or the bbcode editor? I'm asking, because you have a TON of center tags in there, which is something the RTE does a lot (cloning code unnecessarily) and it can junk up the accordions (everything in an accordion has to close out the same way it was entered, so all [][/] have to be in the same mirror order) -- Might also be an issue because in your first line, you've got a center code closed out BEFORE the slide/accordion codes!

I'm using the Rich editor.

Okay, another question, since she got it fixed, apparently. lol

How do you show coding? Like what Cairo did?

Ooooh. Thanks!

I'm using the Rich editor.

Ah yep. That'll do it. Any time there's complex code beyond the basics used in the rich text editor, it gets a little wonky. It's basically designed to do the code for you, so whenever you add anything It's unfamiliar with, it assumes it was a mistake and tries to fix it by going in and adding a bunch of junk code.

For accordions and such, It's always best to turn the RTE off as your default editor in your profile preferences.

@rissa @Elle Joyner @Cairo

Okay, I have an ambitious idea for creating a character sheet--it is for me any ways, so no laughing! D;<
I would like to use this image as the main background:

samurai-1.jpg

However! I want a semi-transparent box where the actual CS descriptions would go, to fill the middle. I'd like to see the background even with the font, but make the font color have a background, say black on white, to it so it'll stand out.

Any way I can do this? If so, please use [c0de] so I can see exactly how it's done.

Last edited:
Okay, I have an ambitious idea for creating a character sheet--it is for me any ways, so no laughing! D;<
I would like to use this image as the main background:

samurai-1.jpg

However! I want a semi-transparent box where the actual CS descriptions would go, to fill the middle. I'd like to see the background even with the font, but make the font color have a background, say black on white, to it so it'll stand out.

Any way I can do this? If so, please use [c0de] so I can see exactly how it's done.
There are a few tips and tricks on how to accomplish this throughout the thread. Remember we're here to help others with their codes, not create them! If that's what you're looking for we have a few great artists in Media Shops & Requests. (:

@rissa @Elle Joyner @Cairo

I'm just looking for how to make the text box a bit transparent, and make the text itself have a 'shadow' so it doesn't just blend in with the background. I believe I've got the rest of it down.

Last edited:
Just a note, @Tribulation - Cairo was actually asking for coding help in the thread :) Not that they're not able to help you if they want to, but I wanted to make sure you knew that.

As for the code, you'll want an opacity tag in there (it's a div tag - 'opacity' with a value between 0.1 and .9) - and for the shadow, you just add a shadow tag to the text (shadow is a code you can find in the bbcode help page on side - but I believe it's just shadow=color /shadow)

So, how would I make a text box in the middle? would I use:

Code:
[encadre=30]This is a text box with a long text. Can be used with an article for example.[/encadre]Content

?

@Elle Joyner

Status
Not open for further replies.