Ballet and Capes

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Wow your post was the 100th post XD So many in just a few days lol)

Juliet laughed at his joke and nuzzled her head against his shoulder, "Hey, you stalked me first, Mr. Sneaking up on me in the practice rooms and asking for my address the very next day. Only fair I get to stalk you back." Once they were at the apartment, she blinked in realization when he mentioned it. That was right, she didn't have any clothes with her. She thought for a moment that maybe they could just drive to her apartment really quick, but Stefan looked exhausted and to be honest, so was she.

So, she simply smiled and shrugged, "That is something boyfriends do, so why not? I'm so short compared to you it would probably be like a dress on me anyway." She waited for him to hand her one of the shirts and then went into the bathroom to change. Sure enough the shirt went down to her knees, almost swallowing the petite girl. She came out of the bathroom with a small laugh, looking down at it, "I feel like such a kid in one of your shirts." Moving she sat on the couch and looked to him, a small smile on her face, "Did you want to finish watching the movie?" To be honest, she just wanted a reason to lean against him again, but if he just wanted to head straight to sleep she would understand that as well as it had been a long day.

"The last thing I want to do right now is watch a movie. I feel like I am going to die of both mental and physical fatigue," said Stefan. He rubbed his hand over his face and held his other out to Juliet.

His bedroom was cold, like always, and he only had time to briefly worry about Juliet dying of hypothermia before he collapsed on his bed. He held his arms out to her, like a baby, and was relieved when she crawled into his embrace. He took comfort in her presence.

Juliet wasn't sure what she should do at first, if she should just sleep on the couch or follow him to the room. But when he held out his hand, she stood and took it, letting him lead her to his room where she crawled into the bed with him and curled up against him. It was kind of cold in there. Well, more than kind of. It was actually very cold. She found herself grabbing the blanket and cocooning herself into it as she curled up against Stefan. After that, the chill was bearable and she was able to relax a little bit with him. Soon she was asleep in his arms, curled up to him with her head resting against the front of his shoulder while the two slept.

Maybe it wasn't...such a good idea to sleep over. She should have thought this through. After all, with how often her nightmares came? In her sleep, she had turned over a bit, rolling out of his grasp, body tense and breathing swallow, a slight whimper escaping her lips here or there until finally she woke up, gasping, her hands sparking ever so slightly and so soon after being brought from the nightmare they didn't seem like they would quit any time soon. What if the slight light of it woke him up? She panicked slightly as she sat up, glancing over at him. She had rolled out of his grasp in her sleep and it didn't, as far as she could tell, he still looked like he was asleep.

With that in mind, she carefully got up from the bed, trying her hardest to not make much movement as she did while at the same time not touch anything with her sparking hands, for fear of shocking something or catching it on fire, before quickly making her ay into the bathroom and shutting the door. She sat on the counter, staring down at her hands, shaking her head. Her powers always ruined everything. She could never be normal. Never even spend the night with her boyfriend without risking him finding out. How would he react if he ever found out she was Shock Wave? She didn't even want to think of such a rejection. It took a long while for the sparking in her hands to die down before she finally went back to the bed and layed back down. By then it was very early morning and so, she felt it would be safe to allow herself to fall asleep again for at least another hour or two, and did just that, curling back up and falling asleep once more.

The morning came and Stefan woke up drowsily. Juliet was still asleep, so Stefan crawled out of his bed and walked to the kitchen. He woke himself up with coffee -- icy coffee -- and began to fry bacon and eggs as his phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hey. What's happened?" Sabira sounded tired.

"I went home with Juliet."

"Did you get any?"

"Shut the fuck up."

"So that's a no."

"You still at the hospital?"

"Yeah. Mom says she's sorry."

Stefan felt bad for being bad at their mother. But at the same time, he felt angry that she had allowed herself to be so intoxicated. Overall, he felt the same sensation of shame and embarrassment he had confessed to Juliet the night before.

"Okay."

"You're still mad."

"No."

Sabira sighed. "Whatever, Stefan."

"Do you need me to pick you up?"

"No. Can I come see you at work?"

"Sure."

"Bye."

"Bye."

Stefan hung up the phone and was dishing out breakfast as Juliet entered the kitchen. "Morning, Sleeping Beauty," he said softly as he placed a plate in front of her. After collected knives and forks, orange juice, salt and ketchup he joined her at the breakfast bar. "I'm sorry, I didn't realise my room was so cold. I forgot about the crack in the window." And my freaky ice powers.

Juliet was always one to sleep in quite late. In the past it had caused her to be late for classes and other events. Even as a young teen being home schooled and taking lessons, her mother would always have to come and fight with her to get her out of bed, doing anything from physically dragging her (the woman was very strong for her size), to pouring cold water on her head, to even threatening to throw out her ballet shoes. The only thing that could ever wake her and get her to get out of bed, just like she was now, was the smell of breakfast.

She walked out of the room, yawning and rubbing the back of her head, her golden curls sticking up ever so slightly cutely in different places as she walked over to the table as Stefan was setting up the breakfast for them. This brought a smile to her face as she sat in one of the chairs, "Wow, you cook too? I really must have done something right to earn a guy like you." She smiled more as he sat down to eat with her and ate a bite of the food before speaking, "It was fine. I just curled up in one of the blankets so I stayed pretty warm." How could someone with electricity running through their body not be warm after all with something that conserved heat like a blanket wrapped around them?

"Hopefully I wake you up or anything last night though. I tend to move around a lot at night." She glanced up at him for a moment, then took another bite of her food, as if waiting to say she had or hadn't. If she had, she could only hope it wasn't while her hands had been glowing with sparks. That would definitely cause problems.

Stefan shook his head as he wolfed down his breakfast. "You didn't wake me up. I slept like a rock. Maybe I am a rock. A freaky albino rock."

Stefan finished his bacon and skulled the rest of his orange juice. He was starving. "So I have contortion class at twelve through to one-thirty, then work from two to six," he said. "What're you doing today, princess? Do you need me to drive you anywhere?"

Stefan had adopted a protective manner over Juliet. Though he was certain that she could take care of himself, his natural instincts as a male had been kickstarted by the new, mysterious phenomenon of having a girlfriend. He wanted to make sure she was safe at all times, even if it meant personally chauffeuring her everywhere, though that would be a bit pushy.

Last edited by a moderator:
"That's good. You were really tired and I didn't want to wake you up. You needed the sleep." Juliet was relieved to hear she didn't wake Stefan up last night. She had been so worried he would have seen. But then again, if he had, he probably wouldn't be sitting there and acting all normal if he did. He would probably be either kicking her out or trying to turn her into the police station if he had found out.

"Well, I don't have class today, but I do have to work from one to nine again." She shrugged, "You could probably just drive me home on your way to class. I live just a ten-minute journey from my work so I can just walk there." After all, she had to grab her work uniform and such to get ready for work so going by her house first was a must, and he had to be at school then be at work just thirty minutes after, probably grabbing something for lunch in between if he found the time. She couldn't have him drive her everywhere when he was so busy, and plus, she liked to walk. It helped get things off her mind and get some fresh air while she was at it.

"It's a plan." Stefan took his and Juliet's empty plates and glasses and put them in the sink. "What's the time? Eleven, okay." He ran a hand through his horrendous bed hair while calculating the time it would take to take Juliet home before his class. "We should probably leave at around half past," he noted. "Hey. You never told me where you work. How am I meant to stalk you properly?"

Stefan rounded the bench until he stood directly behind her, wrapped his arms loosely around her shoulders and kissed the top of her head. Her hair smelled clean and cold, like his room. "You're so beautiful," he murmured.

Juliet laughed softly, a light pink color coming to his cheeks when he complimented her and kissed the top of her head while hugging her from behind. She lightly nuzzled her head back against him, then leaned her head back to kiss his cheek, "You think I'm beautiful? Even early in the morning with my hair sticking up everywhere?" She joked slightly and ran a hand through his hair, "Though, I guess yours is probably just as wild as mine is right now."

She relaxed back against him and shrugged, "I work at a place called Grover's. Its a diner just a couple of streets away from campus. It's really crappy job to be honest. Rude costumers, a lot of running around to deliver food. But sometimes its okay. Some times I get really nice costumers and good tippers. And when my shift is over and we close up, I get to take some left over food if I so choose. Though to be honest, eating the same food gets kind of boring some times so I don't really do that often." She rubbed the back of her neck, "It's got its up and downs, but a job is a job."

Putting her arm down, she seemed to notice something, rolling her shoulder slightly. It didn't feel as bad as it did the day before. She pushed the fabric of the shirt away from him shoulder, seeing much of the bruising had faded and a lot of the pain from it was gone, "Weird. I guess it wasn't injured as bad as I thought." It wasn't her powers that were making it heal so fast, was it? Maybe? There were still so many things she didn't know about her powers after all. She slid the shoulder of the shirt back into place and looked up at him once more, giving him a light kiss on the lips, "I guess that means we can start dancing again in a day or two."

When she kissed him and pulled away to speak, he pulled her mouth back to his as soon as she finished and kissed her again. Her lips were soft and warm, a refreshing break from the monotonous cold the rest of his life had adopted since he had discovered his powers. His left hand moved to cup the right side of her face while the other arm slipped around her waist. Sitting on the stool gave her a small amount of extra height, but Stefan still needed to lean down to kiss her properly.

He pulled away, leaning his forehead to hers as he whispered, with his eyes still closed, "Do you think we should kiss at the end of the dance?"

Juliet blinked lightly in surprise when she was pulled bakc into a kiss so soon and smiled against his lips, running a hand gently through is hair again as he kissed her, smiling up at him as he rested his forehead against hers, "Well, if you think we should I wouldn't mind it." Sure, people would get jealous, especially the girls within their class, but what did Juliet have to honestly lose? They already hated her anyway, so if they wanted to be jealous and talk about their back than she wouldn't have to care because they did they anyway,

"If you don't want to though I can always steal a kiss after the performance." She said and with a grin, stole another kiss right then, giving him a playful peck on the lips, "It's a win-win situation no matter what you choose."

"You can steal a kiss anytime," said Stefan, laughing quietly before kissing her again. This time he pulled away fully but took her hands, pulling her along with him. "Though, it's not exactly theft if I'm willingly giving it to you," he said, smirking. "Come on, we have to get ready to go. Though you could leave like that and stop traffic because you look like a goddess."

Stefan extracted his spare toothbrush from the bathroom cupboard and handed it to her, along with the toothpaste and Sabira's comb she had left there before walking into his bedroom and throwing on a layer of casual clothes. He again felt bad that he had not had the initiative to take Juliet to her apartment for clothes as he picked up his dance bag. As he walked out of the door, he noticed a tiny burn mark on the wall, the size of a penny, like something had sparked and left its mark there. Stefan paused and frowned, running his hand over the mysterious scorch. "What the hell?" My landlord will kill me.

Juliet giggled as she was pulled to her feet, "My, my. Just full of compliments today, aren't you Stefan. Though, I don't think I could leave here in just a t-shirt. I can only imagine what the people at my apartment building would say if they saw my getting out of the car dressed like this. Besides, you don't really want people looking at me like that, do you?" She mentioned with a smile, "I'll just change into the clothes I wore yesterday and then change into new clothes when I get home. No big deal." And with that, she went to get ready, brushing her teeth and when Stefan went to his room to change, she did the same, changing into her clothes really quick and brushing her hair before coming out of the bathroom, noticing him inspecting a mark on the wall.

"Whats up, Stefan?" She asked in curiosity, walking over, blinking in surprise at the scorch mark on the wall. While she kept her expression straight, looking confused as to how that had gotten there, on the inside she was panicking and cussing herself out. How could she have bee so stupid? She shouldn't have spun the night. Her powers always ruined everything. Now she had left a mark on the way and had caused Stefan a problem when he so far had been so kind to her. She felt like a terrible girlfriend in that moment, even if he didn't know it was her that had done it.

She glanced about the area, feigning confusion, "Do you think something blew out and caused sparks without you realizing it? Like a light or something? That happens sometimes in my apartment when they have issues with the wiring."

"Yeah, that's probably what happened ... " said Stefan vaguely, leaning down to look at the mark better. While he knew nothing of electrical wiring or architecture he guessed he could freeze the charred paint off and then hope to God the landlord didn't notice. He straightened up. "Whatever, I can fix it. I have mad skills. Oh God, that sounded disgusting. If I ever say that again in my life please slap me."

Stefan quickly brushed his teeth before taking Juliet's hand and leading her to the car. While he drove to her apartment Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen began to play on the radio. Acting on habits, Stefan sang the entire thing before turning to Juliet with an apologetic smile. "Sorry. If I hadn't have sung that, Sabira would have jumped into the car and strangled me. It's our family's favourite song."

When he said he could fix it, Juliet grew relieved and hoped he was right. She woudl have hated herself if he got in trouble with is landlord because she had fried his wall. She opened her mouth to speak, though had to stop and cover her mouth to hide her laugh at his comment, "No comments of 'mad skills'. Got it." She said while laughing and made sure she had everything of her all lacked into her duffle bag before heading to the car with him so he could drive her home.

As they drove, she looked over to him with a smile on her face as she watched him sing, amused by it even as he looked over to her and apologized, "No, it was cute. I like it when you sing. It seems your sister wasn't the only one that inherited some music ability as well." Soon they were driving into the apartment complex and once he was parked in the same spot again, she leaned over to him and gave him a gentle kiss, one hand on his cheek as she did, "Have fun at work. I'll talk to you later, okay?"And with that she was out of the car and heading into her apartment to get ready for work.

The ice in Frost's hand emitted a white glow as he stood in the centre of a circle of thieves. Not even the diamonds that glittered from essentially every corner of the jewellery store outshone Frost's powers as he shot below-zero-temperature jets of ice at his enemies. He ice, which hit them in the head, was enough to knock them out for a few hours but not harm them in any serious way. Frost didn't believe in killing his enemies if he could help it. He would rather see them go to prison for their crimes.

Stefan defeated his last enemy and snatched up the fallen bags of stolen diamonds, taking care to put them all back where they had been found. He allowed himself to leave frost on the jewels for two reasons -- one, it would obliterate Stefan's fingerprints and two, to let the police know who did their jobs for them. Frost then tied the robbers up with rope he found in a supply closet and left the scene.

He ran along the rooftops, like always, searching with his eyes and ears for more signs of danger or crime in the city. A fire -- nope, Stefan had a phobia of the stuff and the fire department was on its way, he could hear. A traffic jam -- police were there instead of the jewellery store, so not rushing to the scene of the accident didn't weigh down his conscience.

A shock of light caught his attention -- Shock Wave. Frost descended into the alley to see her bent over a man he didn't recognise, pushing volts of electricity into his chest and smiling. Frost landed right behind her, accepted that it was too late for the man and kicked out Shock Wave's feet from under her, causing her to fall to the ground.

This man she had seen often around the city. She had known for a while he had been the leader of one of the biggest gangs in town. But she hadn't seen any real reason to kill him yet until she found him mugging an innocent man on the street. She had made it in time and the man that had almost been mugged had run away at her command to go home and not tell anyone, then had went to get rid of the scum. She was just thrusting the last bit of volts into his body, when she suddenly felt something make connection with her legs, causing her to fall back.

She didn't waste time though. She knew exactly who it was, and wasn't about to give him an advantage. The movement she hit the ground, she reached back to grab his leg and as she got up, tugged, causing him to fall down this time, jumping back a few steps with a slight smirk on her face, "So, we meet again, Blue Eyes. What a surprise. I woudl have thought I ran you off after that last little shock I gave you. Good to see your persistent."

"Please, it takes a lot more than a little shock to scare me off. Freakish icy healing powers." Frost leaped to his feet and wasted no more time with pretentious comic-book banter. He ran at Shock Wave and flipped right over her head, whirling around in mid-air at the last minute and kicking her square in the middle of the back, forcing her to fall to the ground again.

He landed cat-like on his feet, like he had just executed the perfect jete in dance class, and backed up against the alley wall to protect his back while he waited for Shock Wave to retaliate.

He was fast, she had to admit. But she was fast too and was up on her feet in the next second after being knocked down, turning to him with a glare. She had to draw him away from that wall other wise she wouldn't be able to get any good hits in. And so, she thrusted her hands forward, electricity coming from them to where he would have to be forced to move away from the wall in order to dodge it. And once he had, she ran forward.

Though, instead of going straight for a hit like he might have expected, she quickly and gracefully moved under his arm, much like she would do to Stefan in their dancing, and once behind him, kicked him like he had done her, giving him a little shock through the kick at the same time, still standing at the ready, fingers sparking as she continued to glare at him and then the two were fighting one another fully now, seeming to be once again even matched in their little dance of trying to harm the other.

Frost ignored the pain of the shock as he sprang to his feet and shot two thick, powerful jets of pointy ice at his enemy. Her legs were completely bare, so Frost was happy to see the many thin, red cuts on her limbs, caused by his powers.

He sprang forward and, like he was turning in a ballet, whipped out with one leg. She unfortunately dodged his aimed kick to the face, but Frost instead leaped over her, grabbed her arm -- the same one he had pulled the other night -- and used it to gain momentum as he pushed her into the hard brick wall. Frost had no reservations to hitting a girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.