• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"Fine," Kurai growled. "But I can't stand around and watch you die. I couldn't watch you die the first time and I'm sure as hell am not going to stick around to see it the second time through!" And then she strapped on her halberd and marched past Minoru and everyone else!

"NNNOOO! I told you to REST! She needs REST!" the healer who had looked after Kurai ran toward her, stopped, and then looked at Minoru as if it was his fault!

Kurai was already whistling for Jin! She was going to take that psycho-bitch and her Earth pet down and then kill Minoru for being such a pain in the ass!

"KURAI!"

Minoru's voice has filled with anger, and a hint of worry, concern. She was endangering herself, and he couldn't bear to.. no she was endangering his... He strode towards her not noticing her pause, her widening of stance, her ears pricked marking hos progress.

"I will not let yo........" As soon as his hand touched her shoulder she spun and sent Minoru over her shoulder and giving him a faceful of dirt. Arm twisted and pinned behind his back and Kurai's full weight on him Minoru couldn't move, but his voice kept its edge.

"I'm not letting you leave." hes said trying to look at her "I'm not letting you get yourself hurt."

"What do you care? she spat "You've already killed me once today with your words."

Minoru stopped struggling his face resting in the dirt as he resigned. "I will not let my wife kill herself while shes carrying my child."

Kurai froze! Her heart stopped! She shut her eyes, tears sliding down her cheeks! "You are lying! How dare you bring up a child now!!" They had made love so many times, she'd been so sure she was pregnant with his child. But his seed never took root and she had begun to think she could never have one ... With a growl, she kicked his side, armor or not as she stood and stalked a few feet away! "You are lying! How dare--the nerve!!" She was so angry! Not only did he poison her with his words, he had to make things worst and bring up a child!

Minoru was standing when Kurai grabbed her halberd and ran forward! She was swinging her halberd but a pain in her side caused her to pause for a heartbeat. That was more than enough time for Minoru to pull the halberd out of her grasp, then grab her wrists, push her up against the wall and pin her there with his body. Now she could only kick in vain and she couldn't get any leverage with her hands because he was holding them above her head. "Let. Go. NOW!" she hissed, before she closed her eyes and looked away. Then she was shaking her head. She would resist his lies! She was not pregnant with his child!!

Minoru was about to bring the old healer into it but then she bough herself into it. The blow came from nowhere and knocked Minoru aside a few steps forcing him to let to of Kurai. He turned and saw the healer brandishing a broom at him. "So this is how young people show their love these love these days." She said hitting Minoru again who raised his arms staggering backwards and tripping over the fallen halberd. "You should show her some respect boy. And as for you..." she turned and grabbed Kurai by the ear puling her along like a naughty child. "A woman in your condition should get some rest. No chasing firebenders or beating up your poor husband."

She layed Kurai down and pored her a mug of liquid from a flask. "Now drink this, it will make you drowsy but its just what you need." her look was stern and the broom was still in her hand.

Rubbing his head Minoru got up and looked at Kurai. Once again his face set and unreadable before he turned and left the courtyard and entered the labyrinthine passages on the palace proper that sheltered the wounded and where the sounds of battle echoed. It was his chance to deal with Asuka alone and he wasn't going to miss it.

Earth Lord Yuan Ping could see everything going on in his palace. The poor water tribe girl, looking for refuge from the fighting. "Granted, and she will find a room for her to stay in for as long as she needs as well as an audience with me." He smiled knowingly, shifting the blocks around her to form the pathway that she needed.

Yuan Ping also saw that struggle over by where his healer worked. He knew of the lovers and their plight. Fire Nation traitor and the woman he let believe had known his death. Something about him being a traitor brought a smile to his face and he was willing to let him face whatever he wanted. "Oh Miss Xian Diao?" He said into the speaking-tube that lead to the healer's ward. "Please be prepared for possible movement of your ward into the central palace."

"Right sir!" Xian Diao responded before letting the tube go loose so it could move with the ward and not break. With some more earth bending he moved a path for the Firebender to go do what he thought was honorable, sealing the path behind him as he walked and moved the healer's ward into the center of the entire palace, while letting the water tribe girl rest for a moment.

"Asuka of the Sun should strike fear into my heart but alas, her choice of attack points is weak. And if she things my son can earth bend his way through my palace he's got another thing coming. He's barely a novice and has too much focus on that magma bending..." Yuan Ping sighed, speaking aloud.

In the city ...

Asuka and Ts'ao watched Fei approach and Asuka smirked. That idiot was her father? Heh. Only an incompetent moron would bring a child to war. "I suppose you're welcome to join the invasion force," Asuka finally replied with a wave of dismissal. "However ... neither my associate nor myself can be held responsible for your fate." In other words, she and Ts'ao would not attack Fei ... but they wouldn't save her, either.

In the palace ...

It all happened so fast! One moment Kurai was held in place, and the next ... she was being dragged back to where she'd started! "Ow ow ow ow ow ow!" she hissed, wincing. No one had ever pulled her ear before! And this woman's grip was a vice! She let out a startled, "Ooooff!" and was back on the sleeping mat. She blinked at the cup in her hand and eyed it suspiciously. Then she glanced up and eyed the healer even more so. Eh, except she still had that broom and looked very intent on using it. By the Avatar, was she going to end up as hissy as this woman when she was that age?!

"I don't want to be drowsy," she growled. "I need my strength to fight!"

"Your condition!" the healer reminded.

Kurai was tempted to ask if the woman meant her injuries but what if she meant ... "I will not let my wife kill herself while she's carrying my child." Curse that Minoru! Now his words were haunting her, even while he took the coward's way out and left her here! Never mind ... she didn't want to know. She didn't want this seed of doubt--Gah, seed!! She huffed. Stupid Minoru! This was all HIS fault!! If that psycho bitch and her Earth pet didn't kill him first, SHE was!! "This I swear!" she growled and threw the mug at the wall where it shattered!

For that, Kurai was smacked behind the head by the healer and she found another mug filled with the same foul-smelling stuff thrust into her hands! She glanced upwards and huffed.

... She hadn't been this pissed off at someone older than her since she was a kid!

Well...huh. Not the answer she expected. She was still kinda worried about Suzumi and Miss Kurai...but the invasion force was going to just be looking to secure the port and the fort-like palace for future use. Still....

The two were already heading on forward with their mounts when Fei nervously spoke up.
"Ah, no thank you...though, um...the people of this town...they'll be allowed to leave, right?"
She really, really hoped that the woman wouldn't get angry with her.

Asuka was ready to laugh as she went through her plans again. Everything was going perfectly! All she had to do was conquer the palace and then--The admiral's brat spoke, spoiling her mood. She glanced behind her back and turned. Ts'ao stopped as well. "... Silly child, we are not here to allow people to leave. We came to conquer and destroy. And that means everyone."

Suzumi walked for what seemed like ages, the sound of stone walls grinding and shifting echoing around her. She stopped for a moment and looked up. The ceiling stretched high above and was lit by the setting sun and an orangry glow from the fires burning around the city. It was strange because when she looked at it from a certain angle it looked like there was a walkway up towards the top. She shook the thought and stood up, continuing to walk as the palace lead her around. Finally she turned the corner and noticed that the walls had been stretched out far more then the others. At the end of the hallway was a familiar sight.

"JIN!" Suzumi cried out, running up to the eel hound and patting his nose gently as he looked down at her. She smiled warmly, feeling safe for once. It was then that Suzumi noticed the door. She stepped through the door and was shocked. "KURAI!" She cried out, running into room towards the woman, only to be smacked over the head by a broom.

"No loud speaking" The old healer said.

There wasn't a better word to describe the situation outside within the streets of the earth city then complete and udder chaos. However, this was a common occurrence when the Fire Nation invaded places and Kiyo and Risa had seen it many times before, so it was rather much like a walk in the park to them.

The couple made their way to what seemed to be a palace of some kind as that's where most of the commotion seemed to be and more then likely the Fire Nation commander. They needed to gain access to the Fire Nation ships, to gain easy maneuverability.

"Curious as to where this memory guy is Kiyo?" Risa asked him playfully as they walked amidst the chaos. "Well you needn't answer he is in the Fire Nation! That's why we really need the ships." Kiyo shrugged and they continued to walk he had determined that was the most likely cause they were walking in the opposite direction of the city gates.

They soon reached Asuka and because of their status within the Fire Nation she knew of their deeds to the Fire Nation. It seemed there was a young girl with her and the earth bender. "We're going to take a ride on the ships, just thought you should know" Kiyo said as he waved at her and then turned his walked around with Risa back towards the city gates.

eep! That was NOT the answer she was hoping for. Okay, how to phrase this so that it didn't sound immensely treasonous...
"That seems a bit...harsh. Aren't we supposed to be civilizing these people, not wiping them out?"
The woman would only be here with her forces if Fei's father was supposed to rendezvous with them earlier and team up to deal with the town. Had this been his mission all along? Why'd even bring her along if he just wanted to show her a slaughter, anyways!?

An ominous rumbling sound caused Tenzing to pause as he made his way across the rooftops of the ravaged city. Looking out towards the harbor, he saw a massive wave rising into view, climbing higher and higher until blocked out part of the sky. He could see several Fire Nation ships as well as trading vessels being swept up into the vertical wall of water, attesting to the great force behind it. At the rate it was moving, he knew it would come crashing down on this part of the city, leaving him no time to run and seek shelter. As the towering wave loomed closer, casting it's shadow over him, he quickly went into a low stance and brought his fists crashing together forcefully, bending a dome of swirling air around him for protection.

As the immense volume of water fell down onto the rooftops, Tenzing's airbending channeled most of it's crushing weight and sweeping force safely away from him. That did not keep the building under him from collapsing, however, and as it's tons of stonework dissolved and fell apart he was forced to leap away to avoid being buried in the rubble. By the time he began to descend to the earth once more, the wave had settled, steeping a wide section of the city in several feet in water.

Landing on a piece of wood that had until recently been a door, Tenzing looked around, surveying the damage. Only a few of the taller buildings could still be seen intact, all the others either having been buried under the water's surface or washed away completely. He couldn't see any other people, meaning that part of the city had likely already been abandoned. If there had been anyone still there, they were likely to have drowned or otherwise perished from the deluge. While he imagined the victims would have died indiscriminately whether they were invading soldiers, citizens, or refugees, Tenzing took pleasure in knowing the Fire Nation's plans to march through the city without any real challenge had now been somewhat hindered. With so many of their ships damaged, it also seemed possible that their plans for retreat or departure would be affected as well.

It occurred to him he still had no idea what had happened to the other members of his caravan. Tenzing rushed back to the area which had previously been the marketplace, hopping from one piece of floating debris to another. Once he arrived, he saw that even this area had felt the impact of the wave, although the water here was much more shallow and subsiding more quickly. There were no signs of any people, meaning the sandbenders had either fled or been killed by Fire Nation shoulders like all the others. Some of their wares had been left behind and were now drifting around as the waters circulated, gradually draining way. A particular wooden chest stood out to Tenzing, with good reason, since it contained his only true personal possession, and the single reminder of the life he could never return to. Tenzing waded over to it, staring down solemnly. He slowly opened the chest and removed what was inside. He held his glider staff for what felt like the first time he could clearly recall. After a moment of silence in which countless chaotic thoughts consumed his mind, Tenzing tossed it into the air, it's wings unfolding on their own. He leapt up and grabbed ahold of it with both hands and began riding the winds in the direction of the palace, where he would hopefully find more survivors of the Fire Nation's attack.

Shao stumbled after Suzumi, head still bounding as they both entered the palace. While he had never been inside the actual palace, he had heard stories and sure enough, they turned out to be true as the walls began to shift, blocking the entrance that they had just come through. The walls moved all around them, forcing them to take a certain path, as if the palace were a living creature. Shao could feel someone powerful moving the blocks and Shao couldn't have had any effect on the blocks even if he tried.

Soon, the walls stopped moving and, at the end of the new hallway, was an eel hound. Apparently Suzumi recognized it for she called it by name and hugged it affectionately. Shao walked quietly behind, not sure what, if anything, he should say. Suzumi then noticed the door and was greeted with another familiar face in Kurai. However, an elderly woman quickly whacked her on the head with a broom, quipping that the room was to be quiet. Shao walked in slowly behind, feeling out of place as he looked around, not knowing anyone.

The Eel Hound was lying at the door, legs folded under him. He was still as a statue, conserving energy until Suzumi called his name. He lifted his head, his long neck enabling him to look down at her, even while on the floor.

Kurai was still glaring up at the healer until Suzumi showed up and the woman had turned her fury to the younger girl instead. She looked at Suzumi and the glare disappeared. "Oh, hey, there you are! Got a little caught up in ... stuff." She was still eying the liquid. She was doing just fine! And she didn't want to be drowsy! ... But she also needed to be in top form in the long run. She sighed, held her nose, and gulped the stuff down. "Here." She handed the empty cup back to the healer. She scooted a bit on the mat she was on. "Have a seat. We might be here awhile."

Asuka's eyes narrowed into slits. "You are trying my patience, child. I suggest you run back to your little hole before I deal with you personally." Ts'ao cracked his knuckles. "I did not come here to babysit. I came to fulfill my destiny--which you are standing in the way of. I do not appreciate obstacles."

Bear was angry, being led by Ko, and watching all of this bedlam and panic ensue. He slowly began to fill with rage, at the Fire Nation, the general who slaughtered his family, and everyone who ever pledged allegiance to the wretched Fire Nation. He barely heard Ko as she said where they were going, not focused on her at the second. She stopped and went on ahead, as she saw the smoke and flames around the city. He bared his teeth and growled. "They'll see why the call me Bear..." he snarled, pounding his feet and creating an Earth Wave, riding it as it sped through the city, careful not to harm anyone in the streets. He bent and grabbed Ko, carrying her as he raced to the palace. He held Ko tight, making sure she was safe. They were almost upon the palace.

Suzumi smiled at Kurai as she felt someone behind her. The earth bender from before. He looked scared and worried, it was all too familiar to Suzumi. She was sure she looked just like that when her village was attacked and her heart instantly went out to the man. "It's okay, come sit with us, it seems safe in here." Suzumi warmly smiled as she sat down with Kurai.

"I see Miss Kurai. Well did you apprehend that villain? If you ask me you should get the bounty for him dead, it'd be worth it if he's as despicable as you say." Suzumi nodded seriously, only to be smacked over the back of the head with the broom again, "No killing!" With a sigh Suzumi nodded and turned to the earth kingdom man.

"I am sorry, we didn't get a chance to introduce ourselves. My name is Suzumi Kiyomizu, it is a pleasure to meet you." She bowed slightly, extending a courteous approach to the man.

---

Yuan Ping listened to the entire conversation through the speaking tube that his healer had so thoughtfully left open for him to spy. He smiled in a knowing way as he shifted his attention back to moving his palace walls around as a few fire benders had made their way inside. He enjoyed toying with them oh so much, having them wander in circles for at least a half hour before leading them straight to the door once again. Soon they re-entered and he'd start the process all over again, maybe herding a couple of weak links off and leading him straight to his guards who were prepared just for a bit of amusement.

Of course when Asuka and his son arrived he would have a different strategy. Asuka, if anyone would notice his platform and simply fly up with her fire bending to hunt him down and destroy him. Luckily for him he knew this and already was planning on heading straight to the ground when she arrived. There he'd still be able to manipulate the labyrinth but only to a lesser extent. He just hoped that he would be strong enough to fend her off.

Shao smiled softly as he made his way to the mat, taking a seat beside her. His mind, now that he was safe, was trying to process all that had happened. Given that they were so close to the palace, they weren't supposed to be in any immediate danger of a fire nation attack, since there were surrounding villages that would make more logical sense to take first. Instead, the fire nation did the unexpected and went straight for the heart of the Earth Kingdom. A lump lodged itself into Shao's throat as he remembered his parents. He hoped that they had been able to make it out alive.

Shao was slightly startled as Suzumi greeted him, telling him her name. "I-I'm Shao..." He said, returning the bow as he turned his attention to his surroundings and his company. "What's a water bender doing all the way out here? It's rare that we see one so deep into our kingdom." To be honest, this was the first time Shao had seen a live water bender, only knowing about them from the hearsay of others.

"...are the lives of these people really such a problem for you? Do you really need to kill all of them?"
Fei was not liking this woman. She was a jerk, like so many of those nobles she had to go hang around...their words were as smooth as oil, but were drawn swords.

Inside the labyrinth it didn't take a master bender to hear the constantly shifting stone the sounds of lost men. However for Minoru things seemed to go smoothly. Blanks walls opening into passages, stairs coming up from nowhere. Four times firenavy soldiers fell through the roof or shot through walls. And after each was takes care of the floor opened beneath them and they fell out of sight. Whoever the bender controlling it was he was a master of great skill.

It took only a few minuets before the wall opened to show the sun, and a vista of burning buildings. It seemed as if smoke and fire was in every corner, the sun shone brown through the smoke and ash. he had seen this before, from the command deck of an firenavy ship. All the refugees were either out of the city or in the palace, making a strike on the palace a finishing blow.

There was no need to go looking for Asuka, she would come to him, and with the traditions of a firenation warrior and nobleman. He dumped the cape and tunic, followed by the brestplate and bracers, undershirt and padding. He even lost the grieves and boots. He was ready for agni-kai.

[size=-2]
Ko felt her anger slip slightly, replaced in small portions by alarm. She was being carried as though she were a rag doll, her slender form lifted over his shoulder as though she were nothing. Her initial squeal of alarm died in her throat and her focus seemed to hone in again on their purpose. The palace was coming into vie and she could hardly notice the smoke choking her as she gazed up at it in wonder.

This was the biggest building she had ever seen it, made the tales sound weak in its immense size. An enormous behemoth of stone, she thought, her rapt attention caught for a moment on the beauty and architectural skill. The smoke brought her back to her senses, she coughed into her sleeves and pushed the air away from her face almost subconsciously. There wasn't any damage this far back, yet it seemed, yet as though there were a storm coming, this area seemed only to be in the eye of the hurricane. Around it, chaos pressed in but here things could seem almost normal, save the smoke lingering in the air.

With some urging and prodding, Bear allowed Ko to stand again. Ko fought against the feelings of bitterness and anger welling up inside her, fostered by the damage and distant cries. Serenity was needed for bending. As it was, air was never to be used offensively, so she had been taught. Defense was the best way to win a battle, they had said. She warred with these emotions also, part of her wanted to slaughter them, to compensate for her loss and fill it with her rage and their despair. Feebly, the voice of her master whispered in her ear to reconsider. As he emotions waged their own internal battle, the air around her swirled confusingly, first one way and then another.
[/size]