Aurora's Gift

Status
Not open for further replies.
"W-what?... Um, Me? why me?" He started his sentence. He wasn't to sure about this, especially since it was a little girl, which means he had to sensor himself as well as act "mature" But then again, he wouldn't have to deal with any type of punishment from the water pipe incident which mean he could get off without any consequences. How bad could it be? she's just a mute girl, and where did that headache come from, small annoying pains mainly on his forehead and behind his head. Was it coming from her? Could her power be head pains? So many questions that would probably remain unanswered. "I suppose I'll take you up on that offer... shouldn't be to bad huh?" he finished scratching the back of his head.

@Sakuyahime

[fieldbox=Kyler Maxon Stokes ♦ 18, #b80000, solid]
all_sweaty_by_catnappe143-d6mv1df.jpg

Click here to reference Kyler.

It didn't take long for Kyler to set up the living room just the way he and Siobhan agreed they would the day before. He also had the time to separate the things they had ordered to decorate their bedroom before the announcement was played. Weird, haven't heard that one before, Kyler thought, wondering if he should go or not. I suppose so, I've only been here two full days. I'm sure I still count as new.

With that Kyler started making his way towards the courtyard, not wanting to find out what the punishment for taking too long was. He noticed a few other newer inmates heading towards the courtyard, and he fell into step with them easily. Kyler ended up being among one of the first people to arrive at the courtyard. He looked around for anyone he had already met, intending to stand beside them, but he didn't see anyone.

Instead he walked to the front of the growing crowd. He stood slightly behind a female in a wheelchair, who was facing the warden and some SWAT members. What is going on? Kyler wondered, beginning to get a bad feeling about the situation. Is this about the food fight? No, that doesn't make sense. They'd round up everyone if it was, not just the newbies...

[/fieldbox]​

Siobhan had just finished speaking to Nic as the voice came over the radio to report to the courtyard. She sighed and walked back he way they came and peeked into the cafeteria seeing Kyle collapsed by the back door. <Cheese and rice...seriously? Where's a telekinetic when you need one?> She blushed as she thought of Frank who she had seen earlier. She walked over to Kyle and grabbed his arm hoisting him up clumsily. <What did they feed you? You look lighter than this!! Kyle. Kyle! KYLE WAKE UP!!!!!>

@Unyielding

"I suppose I'll take you up on that offer... Shouldn't be too bad, huh?"

"Good," Captain Felix replied. Not like he gave Matthew a choice. Ordering Matt to stand back up, he motioned for Iona to join him. The latter complied with a humble nod, leaving her seat and doing her best to wrap her right hand around just the fingers on Matt's left. With her grip, the aura looked to fade. In fact, it was more like just her touch was enough to fill the bloodbender with a new vigor.

"Now, get to the courtyard. I can clear you for the time you spent here, but even I can't save you if you're too late."

Once Iona grabbed his hand, Matthew felt a sense of relief wash over him, the headache was gone, and suddenly, he felt amazing, like he could take on the world. He gaze looked down to the little girl, what is up with this girl....

"right, alright Iona... lets get to the court yard before the warden decides to throw a fit" he joked before giving the captain a nod walking out the door with Iona at his hand. it didn't take long before they made it to the crowded courtyard. He kept his eyes open for anyone he knew, hopefully Siobhan or kyler. "sh- I mean whoa...." The ashen haired teen censored himself for the girls sake. "stay close to me, I know we've just met, but this place is full of crazy people, I mean I'm crazy... just in a good way" he warned her, for Matt, this was new territory. He never really had to deal with kids in his life, he's been around kids sure, but never had the responsibility to take of one. He didn't hear her reply, but remember how she was mute. He gazed down to her, she still had her hand in his. " The names Matthew by the way." Matthew explained, hoping to see a nod or some kind of response to know that she could understand him, because if not, things would be just a tad awkward for him and her.

@Sakuyahime @Almalthia @Brea

<What did they feed you? You look lighter than this!! Kyle. Kyle! KYLE WAKE UP!!!!!>

Kyle slowly became conscience as the voice called him. His stomach growled as it finished digesting the bread. Kyle opened one eye to see he was moving but he did not know by who. His head was throbbing, preventing him from really imagining anything. He could not think, nor remember what happened after his bowl of cereal was spilled from the food fight. The voice sounded pleasant unlike the throbbing. "Ugggg... what happened..." he moaned and struggled to get control of his self.

@Almalthia

Siobhan shook Kyle gently. <Up. We have to go to the courtyard. I'll help if you need support but you'll have to walk for a bit.> Siobhan looked around and grabbed an apple and hoisted Kyle onto his feet. Disoriented she half dragged him out the courtyard just in time and sat him down and handed him the apple. <Eat. I see Matthew and Kyler maybe they can help more. I'll go get them you stay here.> Siobhan walked over to Matthew and she met his eyes and stopped still 3 feet from him. <What are you doing with a little girl Matthew?>

@~\The Talentless/~ @Unyielding @Brea @Sakuyahime

Last edited:
Before Matthew could even get a reply from Iona, suddenly he had a mental intrusion from Siobhan, causing him to look up and make eye contact with the red head before making a sarcastic remark, jokingly "The real question is, what is the little girl doing with me" he said with a raised brow before growing serious. "the little one has a name, Iona, don't really know what she does, but don't expect to get a reply from her if you asked, at least not verbally." The red eyed teen began " And I guess I was put on big brother duty with her from some captain of this place.... Said I wouldn't have to worry about getting punished for the water pipe incident if I cooperated" The teen finished.

@Almalthia @Sakuyahime

Kyle's stomach roared as Sioban picked him up. He half opened his eyes to see his savior struggle to lift him. He attempted to to get up but if she was not there he would had fell. "Sorry... Sioban... I let it..." his voice became weak as he did not have the energy to keep talking. They made it to the courtyard were she sat him down along a tree. She handing him a apple to which he smile. He took a bite care not to just stuff the fruit in his mouth. Still like the bread it would not completely restore his energy but after a few minutes he would at least be able to stay awake and talk.

This was the risk of his powers. It costed alot of energy to use while keeping self control, especially now that the Aurora was gone.

Before Matthew could even get a reply from Iona, suddenly he had a mental intrusion from Siobhan, causing him to look up and make eye contact with the red head before making a sarcastic remark, jokingly "The real question is, what is the little girl doing with me" he said with a raised brow before growing serious. "the little one has a name, Iona, don't really know what she does, but don't expect to get a reply from her if you asked, at least not verbally." The red eyed teen began " And I guess I was put on big brother duty with her from some captain of this place.... Said I wouldn't have to worry about getting punished for the water pipe incident if I cooperated" The teen finished.

@Almalthia @Sakuyahime
Siobhan raised an eyebrow at Matthew's tone. <That's convenient.> She looked down at Iona and smiled and got to her eye level. She'd hate it if someone looked down at her and talked to her and the girl reminded her of her cousins. She never treated her cousins like kids, more like adults. <Hello Iona. My name is Siobhan. How are you doing?>

@Sakuyahime @~\The Talentless/~

Matthew's friend dropped down to Iona's level, and it looked like she introduced herself, but she never opened her mouth. In my head? Iona wondered, hearing a voice unfamiliar, but Siobhan's lips never moved. Cocking her head to one side, Iona did her best to figure out how it worked in the little time she was given to respond. The idea that someone could communicate mentally piqued her interest enough to spark a curious glint in her eyes, but to what extent she needed to find out. Was Siobhan able to listen as well as she spoke? It was worth the try to find out, and anything was better than being unable to speak at all.

A light and tired tone carried the voice in Iona's thoughts as she asked, <Can you hear me? I'm....> However, just as she found the words to sate her intrigue, the words she needed to describe her own emotions were lost to her. Rather than finishing her sentence, she tightened her grasp on Matthew's fingers, and directed her attention away from the pair.

• Love
Reactions: ~\The Talentless/~
<Bravo!! Well done I can hear you. You can answer out loud if you prefer. You did much better than...most everyone. There are a few acceptations but on a whole most people can't respond that fast mentally.> Siobhan smiled and waited for Iona to look back at her.

"well there you go, like I said, shes mute" He spoke with a shrug, but was suddenly taken by surprise when Iona tightened her grip on his hand, causing him to look down at her worrying something was wrong. "I'm guessing you don't like crowds, if you want, we can distance ourselves from the crowd, just far enough so we can see the speech or whatever the warden has in store for us, just tug my arm if you want to go." He explained trying to not confuse the child with his rambling.

@Almalthia @Sakuyahime

The warden watched as many of the newbies came to the courtyard, in the back of her mind she wondered if these were all of them, if it wasn't, she knew then those who were late would learn a new definition of 'trouble'. She didn't see faces now, didn't see the need, it was all just bodies. And she began to pace back and forth as she had the first she saw them. "Good morning, I hope you properly cleaned up after today's.. incident." She paused, looking at all of them, none of them particularly dirty. So she continued.

"Some lucky few of you will be getting your last glimpse of the facility today, at this moment, we will be finding out exactly what your powers will do, you will form into a single file line and tell me what it is, and I will tell you to either go left, or go right, you must stay there until further instruction."

She gave another pause, this time stopping in between them.

It was a full minute and the Warden had not moved, had not said anything. A cold sweat had begun to run down the side of Kate's face. What was she waiting for, with that distant stare?

No one had lined up.

This realization brought movement back to Kate's body, and she began to move, walking up slowly to the Warden, before stopping, feet together, and staring at her. The stare was kept for a moment before the Warden broke away, looking at the others. "Well, come on! Follow your friend's example, line on up behind her." She commanded, before looking back at Kate. "So, what do you do?"

"D'ya like dogs?"

"No, I absolutely despise dogs."

It could not be seen by any others, but after she had said that a gigantic red dog came walking up to the facility, a little child riding on it, the child was swinging around a firework launcher, before launching it into the air, where it exploded and made a very visible skull firework, even in the daylight.

"It's all an illusion."

The illusion broke afterwards, as if the realization that it was indeed fake made it disappear. The Warden looked down at Kate with approval, and pointed to the right "Go stand there please." Kate obeyed, walking over to the swat people to the right, stopping a bit before them.

"Next."

Siobhan pressed her lips together at the Warden's speech. She hated being labeled and this felt like labeling. Straightening her shoulders and standing tall she decided to be brave for once. She walked up to the Warden and looked her in the eye. <I am a telempath. Meaning I can read minds and heighten or lessen emotions. Take for example you've already decided that I will be in the line to the right as well as the blood manipulator and the little girl he is with right now. I think that's enough proof.> Siobhan walked over to stand next to Kate. No one else hearing what was said to the Warden.

Last edited:
[fieldbox=Kyler Maxon Stokes ♦ 18, #b80000, solid]
all_sweaty_by_catnappe143-d6mv1df.jpg

Click here to reference Kyler.

After what seemed like a ridiculously long time the Warden finally spoke up. Kyler listened closely, not wanting to miss any of the instructions. Sadly, his mind wandered as soon as the Warden mentioned some of them would be leaving the facility.

I could go home? Kyler thought, excitement washing over him. He could already feel his mother's warm embrace, hear his fathers gleeful clapping. They'd be ecstatic to have Kyler home, he was sure. Especially his sister, who would no doubt cry tears of joy. I've haven't even been here a week and I could already be going home? Seems like it was a waste for them to bring me all the way out here... maybe they just needed to confirm I'm not dangerous?

A smile had found it's way on Kyler's lips. He was pulled out of his thoughts by sudden silence, and just like everyone around him he stood staring at the Warden. What did she say? Damn, I should've been focusing. Suddenly, a female (Kate) stepped forward, and the Warden urged them all to follow her lead. Kyler did as he was instructed, finding himself standing behind his roommate, Siobhan.

He watched as the first girl (Kate) and the warden stared at each other, feeling slightly confused. It was only when she told the Warden that it was an illusion did Kyler understand: They were demonstrating their abilities. Kyler then waited patiently for Siobhan to demonstrate her ability before stepping up to the Warden.

"I just move the Earth stuff," He said, being sure to appear confident. "Terrakenisis, I think is what it's called. I googled it. Anyways," Kyler looked to the ground, locating a few pebbles near his feet. Those would have to do, because his ability was not yet strong enough to separate a piece form the Earth's crust. He lifted his hand, and the pebbles raised with it. With a swift movement of his hand they were thrown a few yards away from him and the warden. "My ability isn't very strong."

The Warden instructed him to go to the right, and he walked over to stand next to Siobhan and Kate. Siohban's ability isn't dangerous, he thought, feeling optimistic. That must mean this is the non-dangerous line. I could be going home! Again, Kyler was smiling.

@QwibQwib @Almalthia
[/fieldbox]​

Matthew Groaned, knowing he'd be next after Kyler. He moved up, and tried to let go of Iona's hand, but she was reluctant to let go. "guess your coming with" He mumbled before stepping up to middle of the court yard, right next to a concrete pillar that stood out of the ground, only a couple feet in diameter and was just about at the ashen haired teens chest in height.

"Alright, the girl is with me, I dunno if you got news of it, pretty sure you did, but she's assigned to be at my side at all times." He explained, before sighing quietly "I can manipulate my blood to form any type of object, both solid and liquid, as long as it isn't too complex I can do it" And with that, Matthew bit his thumb once more, drawing the blood from his wound. He suddenly snapped his hand down, and a long katana like structure appeared in his hand made up of a red material, and had had a hexagon pattern all over it. He then lifted up his sword and diagonally cut through the concrete pillar in one quick motion. "Its very durable and sharp too if I want it to be" The top half of the of the pillar fell off, and gasps from the crowd could be heard as many viewers found this to be terrifying. He then finished it off with a projectile, the blade simply melted down into the palm of his hand, taking the shape of a sphere. He aimed it at what was left of the pillar and shot it at the concrete structure. Now what Matt Didn't know was how much power was behind that. Which obliterated the structure only leaving a small crater in the ground, surprised, Matt let go of Iona's hand and went to create another sphere.

"Gah!"
was all that was let out from his lips, the sphere just crumbled into a pool of blood in his hand, and dripped to the ground. His ears began to ring, and his eye sight was fuzzy, a sharp pain shot through his head, making it feel as if someone had put a bullet in the back of his brain. He couldn't breath all of the sudden due to the shock. Whats happening whats happening...shit no, not in front of the warden, oh god... wait... Matthew suddenly began to slowly gain back his eye sight, and the pain was fading away, he looked back to Iona and grabbed her hand hastily. Suddenly it was gone, He felt better again. was that coming from the little girl? It didn't make sense, but then again so did a lot of things now a days. Suddenly he was ordered to the right, where Siobhan was, as well as kate and kyler. The little girl, once again at Matthews hand, following him. He lined up with the rest, trying to regain his breathing. This girl is either dangerous...or useful.

@QwibQwib @Sakuyahime

Last edited:
Shortly after Matthew was dismissed, others seemed even more reluctant to show their powers. Deciding to get it over with, a lanky twenty-something in an oversized gray T-shirt and beige cargo pants stepped up to the plate. Soot-black hair laid to his shoulders and covered most of his face, save his pale lips. Brushing it out of his hazy blue eyes he started with a raspy voice, "Brent Fera. Supernatural limbs."

"Show me," demanded the warden. In answer, two large and translucent white tendrils soundlessly sprouted from his shoulderblades. They phased through his clothing, showing their paranormal origin. Briefly flailing before stiffening at arms length, Brent proved they were malleable, as well. He stretched them to the size of wings that could grant him a short period of flight, and gave himself a second pair of hands that he could control almost as well as his original set. The only thing he couldn't seem to do with them was make more.

"To the right."

Phantasmal arms? Didn't I see that in an anime one time? The boy left, and then it was Astra's turn. She stepped up to the warden and handed her a slip of paper noting her name and ability. "Show me." Astra smiled at the notion, and she ran through a large selections of songs in her head, thinking of particularly dramatic lyrics that could be fun to use to screw with the warden before her. After a few seconds, she whispered "Yajyuu no you ni unaru enjin" (an engine groaning like a beast). As she expected, beside her, such a groaning machine did appear. As she had not expected, this groaning machine took the form of a steam train engine. This surprised also the warden, who apparently was not used to people who could accidentally conjure large machines. When she remembered to raise her descended jaw, she said in a slightly hesitant voice "Could you possibly remove the train?" This however, was met only a shake of Astra's head. "No can do, unless you can give me lyrics that specifically pertain to said task." Up until this point, she had been careful to avoid any stray nouns, but on the high of successfully surprising such a stern-looking creature, she forgot to stop talking and accidentally let out "I suppose an ICBM could get rid of it." Which was a mistake, for apparently 'ICBM' is also a song lyric (learn something new every day, huh?). Astra, the warden, and several others who had been paying attention to Astra's ability breathed a loud sigh of relief when said weapon materialised alongside the train, and not in a fashion that would have left it plummeting from the upper atmosphere directly towards them.

With a slightly weakened voice, the warden commanded Astra go to the right, then called an unfortunate underling who had just been given the task of safely disposing of both the offending machines.

((Songs referenced in this post - Setsuna Drive (lyrics), Senbonzakura (lyrics) Both great songs. Y'all should try 'em))

Reactions: Almalthia and Brea
Kyle finished the apple and thus ended the growling of his stomach. Though he still felt weak, he heard the warden requesting everyone to line up and show off their powers. Kyle had reservations about doing so, given his current situation but it was too late to do anything now. Kyle clenched his hands to test his strength. As he predicted he barely had the strength to do so.

"This is going to stuck..." he complained as he use the tree to stand up. As he turned to the warden he saw his roommate do something new. She spoke!. He released the tree and noticed a train next to her. Confused he took a step and saw a weapon spawn right next to the train. He nearly lost his footing surprised at her ability. She had the ability of creation.

Kyle managed to walk close enough to see the warden send his roommate to the right. Now it was his turned and oh did he grieve it. He took a step forward and and introduced his self as Kyle. He glanced at Sioban and felt guilty. She was so nice to him despite his him hiding his name to her. Then he turned back to the warden. She was open. He could kill her right now. He caught his hand turning grey and grabbed it. His imagination was running wild already and it nearly cost him his life, again. He looked at his hand which was grey and though about what he should turn it into. Then he got a great idea. His hand twisted into a grey goop which then formed the shape of a metal plated sign which showed a picture of a fist.

The warden looked at it confused on what it meant. Kyle shrugged his shoulders, and then the plate's picture turned into a question mark. Then the warden shook her head predicting something stupid appearing on the sign soon. She waved him to the right to which Kyle rolled his eyes and started walking. As the front of the sign left her view, he changed the words to... well, a very not nice word and then dispelled the transformation. He started sweating badly upon arriving with the group and sat down on the ground towards the edge. He did not say anything though his stomach roared, as if upset he wasted his little bit of energy.

Reactions: Almalthia
Status
Not open for further replies.