Aurora's Gift

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Food fight!"

By the time the words registered in Kate's mind the cafeteria was in chaos, food items were already flying through the air, and for most of the competitors they used their powers to help in the little war. Kate looked down at her pancakes, which were half eaten, and then upwards, from side to side, looking for a possible escape. And eventually she found it, the same way she had come.

Getting up as swift as possible she picked up her tray, and began to move swiftly towards the area, and then she was hit in the side of her face with a smoothie, the cup blasting open and covering her in its chocolate. Her clothes (And more importantly slippers) were ruined. And her pancakes lay on the floor, as her first reaction had been to drop the tray. Big mistake in the end, but it was likely her pancakes would have been ruined too.

Eyes were now on the fallen tray and its swirly mess of syrup and smoothie on the pancake. Eyes that were welling up with tears at the sight, in all honesty those pancakes had been amazing. The eyes moved down to the ruined outfit, their holder realizing that it was much more important then the pancakes. She turned towards the crowd, still having their merry fun, and her eyes narrowed, eyebrows furrowing as she lifted her hand, and her powers finally kicked it, completely consciously.

The girl's mind left her then, as it spread to others, and they saw and heard what she wanted them to see and hear, and to any who was watching her they would see a pistol in her hand. And any who were not watching would still hear the concussion of the shot ring through the air.

Kate's head was up after it, her eyes trailing around the crowd. With a neutral expression she began to speak, her voice echoing. "Would you stop? It would be very nice. Bein' a selfish bitch by saying this, I know I am, but some of us have already had our lives ruined, we don't need other stuff, like our clothing and breakfast ruined.. That'll be all, have your fun if you want." she paused, lowering her hand, the illusory gun dissolving and the pressure of directing it to everyone leaving her, and her eyes seeked out a certain someone, seeing him piled over with two others. Her voice now just reaching to him "Matthew! I need your assistance i- meddiate- ly. New clothes! Needed right now! I know you have clothes in our dorm, so come help me pick one of those or else I'll throw 'em out the window."

Her mental intrusions over she looked at the crowd again and began to move back to the direction of her dorm, she was sure she still had time.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: ~\The Talentless/~
[fieldbox=Kyler Maxon Stokes ♦ 18, #b80000, solid]
all_sweaty_by_catnappe143-d6mv1df.jpg

Click here to reference Kyler.

Before Kyler even had a chance to take a bite of his breakfast food was flying all around him. His eyes widened as he watched Matthew nearly receive the first blow, just barely moving out of the way in time. The poor teenage boy didn't even have time to react before Matthew flipped over a table, calling to him and Siobhan for backup.

Kyler gazed at his food sadly. Goodbye sweet oatmeal and blueberries, he thought, heaving a sigh. I'm sure you would have been delicious... Now you are doomed to be wasted on another- He probably would have continued his silent farewell, had it not been for Siobhan again dragging him by the hand.

A sudden pain shot up Kyler's side as his body first collided the bodies of Matthew and Siohban and then the ground. It took his brain a few moments to catch up with the actions, but once the initial shock dispersed he was able to realize that when Siohban fell he had gone with her. As Kyler sat up and turned around he felt another flush of pain coming from his hand.

Looking down, Kyler saw that a knife had been wedged into the palm of his hand. Must have happened when I fell to the ground and tried to catch myself, he realized, watching the blood stream down his hand. He pulled the knife out with a wince, wiping his blood off of it and then dropping it to the floor. Already he could feel the cells inside of him working to heal his minor wound, and he was sure that in ten minutes all that would be left was the dried blood on his hand.

For now, he wiped that blood off on his shirt too, leaning his back against the flipped table. "Sorry about landing on you two," Kyler said, briefly glancing at Siohban and Matthew. His eyes then wandered around the room, observing how the other inmates used their abilities as an advantage in the food fight.

Obviously, he couldn't use his terrakenisis, and rapid cell regeneration wasn't much use in a food fight either. Actually, he wouldn't have thought his healing factor useful at all in such a situation if he hadn't just learned how dangerous floor silverware was. This meant that all he could do was pick up food and throw it around- which he probably wasn't going to do anyways since he was still bleeding. How ordinary.

So instead, Kyler chose to watch his hand heal. He had little interest in taking part in the childish play anyways: It all seemed like a major waste of perfectly good food.

The sudden gunshot caused Kyler to jump. Of course, he did not know that it was all an allusion, so the sudden fire was an extremely scary noise to him. Would they execute us just for throwing food around? He wondered, heart racing. Suddenly, a female was speaking:

Kate: "Would you stop? It would be very nice. Bein' a selfish bitch by saying this, I know I am, but some of us have already had our lives ruined, we don't need other stuff, like our clothing and breakfast ruined.. That'll be all, have your fun if you want."

Kyler got the sense that, unlike most people, the female was very unhappy about the food fight and her new found ability. Kyler sat there in silence, wondering if the gunshot had been real or not. Must not have been, he realized, there's no way an inmate could have an actual gun in here. What then? An allusion? Or is her ability to make people hear whatever she wants them to?

Kyler turned to Siohban and Matthew, saying, "I'm gonna get out of here. Not really feeling this waste of breakfast." Plus he wanted to be far away when the Facility workers arrived to control the situation. With that, Kyler pushed off the ground and sprinted for the door, making it successfully out of the cafeteria without getting food on him. That is, other than the food that he had landed in when he first fell.

@QwibQwib @Almalthia @~\The Talentless/~
[/fieldbox]​

Before Matthew could even go offensive in the battle, he was tackled by both Siobhan and kyle. ¨Now see I would be enjoying the fact that I have a girl on top of me.... if it weren't for the fact that there's a guy on top of her. And I ain't into that sharing crap¨ He was obviously joking... or was he? Kyler made his way off, and so did Siobhan. Matt was going to make a run for some ammo, but then there was a gunshot, which made him jump, before peaking over to see it was just kate with a gun and a voice loud enough for everyone to be quiet. ¨damn girl... ¨ he muttered.

Once she was done with her big speech, she asked for him to come with, as well as threatening to throw out his clothes, he then looked down at the ginger who was knelt down on the ground "shit... I gotta go before I have to walk around naked because of this chick, I'll catch ya later Siobhan, Let me know if ya need anything" The ashen haired teen explained with a warm smile before running off after Kate, "KATE! DON'T YOU DARE THROW OUT MY CLOTHES." he called out running as fast as he could.

@QwibQwib @Almalthia @Brea

Last edited:
Siobhan was stunned speechless as she felt everyone react to the gun shot they heard. Sweeping minds to see if this was really happening she got the same story each time...which never happens unless its not real. Oh I like her. Siobhan looked over at Matthew as he got up. <Matthew you and I need to talk about appropriate comments at appropriate times. And I hate that word!!! I am not a ginger!!! Besides you American's use the incorrectly is like calling an Irish man a Mic...its derogatory where I come from. Go save your clothes. Goodness knows we don't need you running around naked no matter how fetching some people think you are. And sharing really!! What kind of females have you been hanging around?!? Sharing. Shameful thoughts. Meet me in the library after you've calmed Kate down this is a 'we need to talk' situation so put your big boy pants on.> Siobhan cut the connection and looked down to see blood on a knife and on the floor. She vaguely remembered Kyler landing about there and got really worried remembering he took off really fast. She'd get to him in a moment. She had to create a link with Kyle and get him to leave before he go into trouble.

Siobhan stood up and looked over at Kyle. <Kyle? KYLE!!> Now she had his attention. <Get going. Seriously there are about to be 40 guards here in about as many seconds scram.> She cut his connection and motioned to the backdoor as he looked at her and she ran out the way Kyler had. She barely dodged the guards as she popped into a room that was vacant and they ran past. About to leave as her arm was grabbed by one of the random guys that she had seen tossing food but deflecting it from himself. A telekinetic she was pretty sure. He was around her age tall and wiry with deep black hair only found on Native Americans. His complexion was a bronze color that was well set off by his meticulously white shirt. She looked up and his eyes were a striking amber color. His hair was long too and it looked good on him. She got a mental click and a wave of desire from him.

"Hi. I'm Frank." His voice was amazing as well. "I saw you earlier and wanted to say hi...for now." He let go and winked and walked out the door.

Siobhan almost collapsed as she got out the door walking down the hall like a zombie. "Och I'm in trouble..." She'd never felt that intense of an emotion before.

@Brea @Unyielding @~\The Talentless/~

Katelyn's eyes were still flooding over as her slippers' soles slapped against the facility floor. But the problem of her clothes was no longer in the center of her head, no, the tears came from a broken promise, the promise to herself, the one where she would never use her power ever again. He heard Matthew yell after her.

"KATE! DON'T YOU DARE THROW OUT MY CLOTHES."

She allowed herself to look over her shoulder, would not be long before he caught up with her, looking away swiftly she brought a hand to her eyes, wiping away the evidence of her angst. His running steps came closer and closer to her, and in the end he did catch up to her, as she stopped walking so fast. So he did get closer until he was with her, and she took the time to look at him again, and the tears managed to poke through again. But she didn't allow it to be seen, turning away again.

There weren't much words that she uttered, just a few. "Lied about throwing your clothes out." the truth was allowed to float in the air, with the confession of the lie, she just couldn't be alone at this time. Her life was truly ruined, but she knew that she existed, life in this situation was meant to be built again. "Thank you.."

She was done talking after that, at least for now, at the moment she moved slightly closer to Matthew. There was no feeling in it, the emptiness was the same, but the closeness, Kate hoped, would change that at sometime. Please change it.

The walk continued, and eventually the dorm came into vision, and it was not much longer that they were in the used to be empty room. Now it looked much more alive then Kate looked right now. For the first time since before she had began talking, she looked at Matthew, her eyes dull. "Welp, go on and get your bag, it's time for dress up." she told him, holding a genuine smile as thoughts of potentially dressing up him at sometime came into her mind, it would happen eventually, of course it would.

• Love
Nic was still walking around the facility. Unfortunately he hadn't quite remembered where his room was. Nicolas turned a few corners and scanned the numbers on the doors. He felt he was walking around in circles as he heard the noise of the cafeteria.

The boy turned one corner before he felt his body collide with something soft. It ended up being a girl. He staggered back as he bumped into the red head, his tags fell to the floor. Nicolas didn't say anything, he just waited for her to react.

@Almalthia

Fortress rolled her eyes when she heard the girl speak. "Don't think I've ever seen someone be angry about getting free magical powers before" she muttered, before picking up one of the un-thrown croissants from the counter and biting into it while observing the cafeteria's new design. "Frank is gonna get hell for this."

Siobhan got up dazed. "Och Nic I dinna see ya. Are ya los'?" She picked up the tags and looked them over and handed them back to Nic.
@parkpyro

Kaos watched as the pie slid down the invisible shield. He knew it would not work but he was not sure why. This added to the fact that Fortress was ignoring him made him even madder. He growled as his eyes turned more saturated and glowed. His hand turned grey and became hard, but before the transformation was completed, he heard a voice warning him of guards in his head followed by a gun shot. Kyle's eyes reverted back to normal and he felt a huge cramp in his stomach. "Too... hungry," he moaned before dropping to his knees. his transformation dispelled and a bunch of food dropped into a pile behind him. Kyle looked up to see Fortress back.

Kyle memory of what happened was blurry but he understood what was happening. She ruined his meal which sent him over the edge. He grabbed his stomach and got up and slowly walked across the room away from the powerful inmate. She was not paying him much mind so he was not worry about her reacting against him. Still he needed something to eat before he fainted from hunger. He saw some toast untouched on the table. He grabbed them and took a bite while trying to walk out the room. His next mission was to get out of the room before these guards come. However he was still very weak and despite finishing the 2 pieces of bread, it was not enough and he fell in the middle of the floor. "Argh... too... weak" he whispered while lying there on the floor.

@Karakui
@Almalthia
@QwibQwib

<aye aye captain> he thought in reply before putting his focus to Kate, he guessed she wasn't taking this well, and when she moved closer to him, he thought about at least hugging her, but he didn't know how she would react to that, and if she would take that in the wrong way...Plus he wasn't covered in food like she was, he luckily made it out untouched, and wanted to keep it that way. "anytime..." he replied in response to the thank you.

They made it to the dorm, it was a quiet walk, peaceful too. The silence was broke when she demanded for his bag of clothes that he had brought along with him. "yes ma'am" he said grabbing his bag and dumping the clothes on the bed, it was an assortment of clothes, from ripped jeans, some skinny jeans, white and black shirts, with black tank tops, some plaid shirts that were colored in shades of red, and grey. And lets not forget all the boxers and boxer briefs, there was even some dark colored shirts with band covers on it, like Nirvana, Slipknot, Royal blood, Arctic monkeys, and Cage The Elephant as well as some other rock bands that I haven't listed. "I have one rule... no touching of my jacket. That's mine" he pointed to the jacket hanging up on the bedroom door. It was long, stopped about at Matt's knees, the sleeves fit his arm length perfectly though, that was the style, it had a worn grey color to it. "that's my favorite Jacket, and I don't let many use it" he explained with a shrug.

@QwibQwib @Almalthia

Nicolas took the tags from the girl and placed them back around his neck. "Thanks" he said as he did so, he looked at her curiously. The boy had never heard her speak, and the accent she had was unlike any he had heard. "Interesting accent" he said to her ignoring the question she asked him. He was kind of lost, but didn't really want to ask for help.

@Almalthia

Siobhan smiled "You're welcome, an' thank ya." She knew that if she waited for Nic to ask for directions she'd be here till he starved, or she did. "Where were ye off ta?" She asked him.
@parkpyro

He lifted up his hand, showing off his room number. "trying to get back to my room" he told her. "but I'm sure you knew that with the power of yours" he quickly added. He remembered that she Siobhan had some sort of mind related power.

@Almalthia

Siobhan nodded at Nic's assessment of her powers. "Aye tha's true, but I dinna hear ya say I coul'. I dinna like ta pry ya ken? Mayhap I was a wee mite preoccupied in me own head fer once?" Which she was when Nic ran into her. Siobhan sighed, "Righ' room." She closed her eyes and reached out to the closest guard and plucked his memory of the establishment's corridors. She opened her eyes and looked at Nic. "Got it let's go." She lead the way to his room. "So Nic, and company, I'll leave ya here. Les' you'll be needin' som'thin' else?" Siobhan waited for his reply.

@parkpyro

[fieldbox=Kyler Maxon Stokes ♦ 18, #b80000, solid]
all_sweaty_by_catnappe143-d6mv1df.jpg

Click here to reference Kyler.

Leaving the messy cafeteria behind, Kyler began to walk towards his dorm room. Normally he wouldn't spend so much time there, but the flying food had caused him to become much dirtier than he preferred to be. As he walked into his living space all Kyler could think about was a shower. He went straight to the bathroom and turned the water on.

Ten minutes later, Kyler shut off the water and stepped out of the shower. He went straight for the towel that was hanging on the rack, pulling it off and drying his face. He then went on to continue to dry the rest of his body. It was at this time that he realized he neglected to grabs some clothes from his closet before getting into the shower. After wrapping the towel around his lower body Kyler slightly opened the door and peaked his head out, steam escaping through the crack.

"Siobhan?" He called out, waiting a moment for a reply. "Are you here?" The rest of the dorm was silent, and Kyler decided this meant he was still alone. He went to his bedroom, closing the door behind him. It took him less than a minute to find a pair of dark jeans and a plain red t-shirt. Once he was dressed Kyler he went to the front door of his dorm.

Truthfully, Kyler almost didn't noticed the couch that was now sitting in the front room. Only when he was halfway out the door did her realize it was there, and slowly Kyler turned around to face it. Was that there when I came in to shower? He didn't remember it being there, but then again he had been in a bit of a hurry to get clean. Kyler's eyes then flickered to the rug, paintings, and boxes piled up beside the couch.

"Oh!" He said out loud to himself, realizing that this was the furniture he and Siobhan ordered. That was fast. He walked over to the couch, running his hand over it. He almost sat down, but as he looked back at the other items he realized he should put those away first. If I sit down I might not want to get back up.
[/fieldbox]​

Kate's eyes took in the clothing that was dumped onto the bed, she thought that could tell a lot about people from the type of clothes that they wore, but the message the clothing gave her was just the same as the message she got from interacting with Matthew.

And then he pointed out his jacket "I have one rule... no touching of my jacket. That's mine" she stared at it, and regrettably it was the best one he had, at least in her opinion. A smile crossed her face "Of course, Matthew dearest. I would never touch your baby at least not with my hands." She said the last few words under her breath, devious plans that she would most likely not go about already crossing her mind. With the grin still very present on her face she picked up the pair of ripped jeans, a black tank top and the red and grey plaid shirt.

With a nod towards Matthew she withdrew from the bedroom and began to walk towards the bathroom. A minute passed before she exited, the clothes were an okay fit on her. The tank top did not reveal any feminine side of her, falling completely flat on her chest, as a result of a much earlier Mastectomy. She began to walk back to the main room, calling out "Hey Matt! I think we might be wantin' to get back to the cafeteria, ya know unless it's chaos out there, not sure how much longer we have till we got to go out in the yard."

Matthew turned around to see Kate dressed in his clothing, and she didn't look too bad either. "wow...sorta fits you" he commented before she spoke. Yeah of course it was going to be chaos out there, but oh well, He wasn't in it, and he wasn't getting dirty. That's all that matters. "I mean...If you want to go back out there and get drenched in food, be my guest, but don't say I didn't warn ya" he said walking by her and held the door open for the green haired chick.

@QwibQwib

Kate stared at Matthew, eyes narrow and head tilted to the side, a result of what she could only guess was an attempt at chivalry, but she didn't make much more of an issue out of it, simply walking out, she was ready to say something, but words didn't escape her before a voice spoke out, over the intercom. "All newer inmates are to report to the courtyard immediately, any who take too long in their coming here will be punished." And that was it, Katelyn stared up at the roof, letting out a low groan. "Shit.." she muttered to herself, before she began to move quickly, her steps heavy on the ground.

Isabella's eyes drifted from side to side, her fingers stretching out on the rests of her wheelchair. She was sitting there behind, and a little to the right, of the warden. She sat there with her arms behind her back, and in a semi circle around them were armed swat men. Their guns pointed at the ground. She heard the intercom make a message and a low breath escaped her, as the Warden turned towards her. "Stand in front of me please, you will be the start of the line." She said, being met with a blank stare by the crippled lady for a second, before she received a nod. Her arms began to push the wheelchair, moving around her, before spinning it around to face her, her fingers were wrapped around the rests of her wheelchair.

Matthew watched as Kate stormed off, guess she didn't like the announcement that was made. He slowly closed the door behind him as he left the dorm room. "I wonder what the meeting is for... please don't tell me we're gonna have to listen to some boring speech about how this facility was made and who designed it... I hate history lessons" Matt groaned. He slowly made his way for the courtyard before he felt a firm hand grab his shoulder, causing Matthew to turn around with a closed fist. But it was a guard, who seemed to be a little frightened due to the fact that a gifted was gonna greet him with a ready fist. "Captain Felix would like you in his office immediately" the officer said before pointing to a stand alone building, Matt was surprised that a captain would want to see him, but with more thinking, the teen came to the conclusion that it wasn't gonna be a friendly chat, and more likely about the broken water pipe he caused "shiiiiiit........" was his reply before walking towards the building. "please don't be about the water pipe.... no guard saw me, right?" The ashen haired teen told himself.

Opening the door, and stepping into a rather tidy office, Matthew began to speak without even looking to who was in the room "look I can explain" he started

@Sakuyahime

"Quiet," the captain ordered. "Just sit and listen. You're not in trouble."

Behind the desk sat a tall black man in his early forties, hair absent from his head and a sense of humor clearly lacking in his face. Seated beside him was a young girl, no more than ten years old and dressed in a floral blue T-shirt and jeans, but carrying with her what seemed like an aura—a vague pain scratching at the back of someone's head just for being nearby.

"Allow me to introduce you," Felix began, ready to go into a full exposition. "This girl's name is Iona Ward. You may have already guessed, but she's not just someone's child—she was affected by the aurora the same as the rest of you."

Felix went on to explain that even the staff didn't know what she was fully capable of, unlike other inmates where they had to express control over their powers. Iona's seemed to just work, and made it difficult to study. Yet, he never actually told Matt what Iona did, leaving him in the dark about her abilities. All they could do was isolate her. It didn't help that she lost her voice, so it was impossible to find out if she knew anything. Hearing this, Iona lowered her head and stared at the floor until Felix gave the orders he intended.

"For the sake of our work, and Iona's well-being, we've decided that she will accompany you for the rest of today, effective as soon as you leave this room. You must be within ten feet of her—if not in direct contact—at all times, except to use the restroom, until curfew. A guard will be waiting at your room at that time. If any harm comes to her or if she's left alone, you will be punished. Do you have any questions?" He ended his speech with a knowing look, making sure Matthew was aware that the "water pipe incident" would be swept under the rug for being a guinea pig and temporary big brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.