At Death's Doorstep

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kei walked over and placed his hand on her shoulder, he whispered. "I'm sure he's ok" he grabbed the special delivery the drone left and brought it inside. Kei looked around making sure there was no danger. "Ok let's take a look at what we got here." Kei opened the package and saw a couple of guns, a few days of rations, some water, a medic bag, and a grenade. "Well at least they were thorough."

Yuuki smiled, "thats true." She said as hina ran around the house exploring with her teddy bear explained to it what everything was. "Shes so cute." Yuuki smiled over at kei landing a kiss on his lips smiling and reaching for the tent she sae earlier.

Kei looked at the gear and decided to take action. He looked at Yuuki and smiled "can you watch Hina for a while I wanna set up some traps just in case we get some visitors. I'll set them up a few feet beyond the clearing so make sure Hina doesn't go there ok." Kei picked up one of the pistols and shoved it in his pocket. "I'll be back as soon as I'm done. If you hear gunfire take Hina and run in the opposite direction." Kei saw she didn't like that idea so he grabbed her and hugged her tightly. "Please Yuuki, listen to me this time. I know you don't want me to do things alone but im, I'm not strong like you so I couldn't go on if anything happened to you or Hina." Kei gently caressed her cheek as he pulled her in for a kiss.

Yuuki nodded in agreement to kei's suggestion of traps. Hina seemed busy with her toy so Yuuki let her be for a moment and desided to look through their pack and found the three person tent. To occupy her mind she set up the tent well kei was gone as well as found a pack of ciggerettes from previous visitors of the house. Sighing she had never smoked one before but grabbed one and lit it up stepping outside letting the poison from the cigarette fill her lungs, washing away her struggles and grief with the nicotine high. Looking up at the sunrise she felt a smile creepy up her face.

The ciggerette burned down to the filter and her eyes was glazed from the high. Stepping back inside Hina was sound asleep in the tent with her teddy bear snuggled close into her arms. Without realizing it she started to cry, not the loud cry but the soft whimpers as tears fell. It had seemed like years since kei had been gone, then she felt a hand on her shoulder.

Kei was looking around the the woods for the more obvious routes to where the cabin was. He decided the best traps would be snare traps, he pulled down several yards of vine and found saplings close to the trail. He set up the snare with only a small twig holding it down, the idea was when someone steps into the snare their feet would break the twig and they would be captured. Kei wiped the sweat from his brow as he finished the third snare. Kei looked up at the sky and figured he'd set up a few more traps then head back.

As Kei was making his way around the encampment he continued to set up snares on the most obvious points of contact. "there with this we should be safer. I know that we won't be completely safe but atleast this will let Yuuki feel a little better." Kei continued to set up more snares.

Yuuki turned at the hand on her shoulder and saw a boy out the corner of her eye with a knife to her side, "at lest you could of waited until I was away from my child." She growled slinging her arm back hitting the boys nose. When he stumbled back yuuki turned and kicked him in the head, hitting his temple just right she knocked him out. "Stupid child." She muttered grabbing him by the throat and dragging him out of the way of the doorway so Hina couldn't see if she woke up and snapped his legs clean in half using her knee.

He jolted up screaming in pain from the break, "HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FUCK IN WRONG WITH YOU! HOLY SHIT! HOLY FUCK! GOD FUCKING-

Yuuki rolled her eyes and gaged him with a rock in his mouth, "thats enough out of you." She sighed and called out, "KEI!" she called his name a few times accidentally waking up Hina.

"Mommy?" She askes wobbling out of the house. Yuuki immediately ran to her and dragged her back into the house.

"Sshhh baby its ok im just calling for daddy go back to sleep." Yuuki said softly leading Hina back to bed.

Kei heard an unknown person Screaming in pain then Yuuki yelling his name. He dropped what he was doing and pulled out his gun. He cocked it and started running. "Yuuki? YUUKI!!!" Kei finally made it down to the cabin weapon drawn. "Yuuki where are you?" Kei saw Yuuki walking talking to HIna. "whats up? is someone here? whats wrong?"

Yuuki finally managed to get hina to go to bed when Kei came, "hang on babe." She said to him as she tucked Hina into bed. When their daughter was safely tucked away in bed, Yuuki walked up to Kei taking his hand in hers. "Hes this way." She spoke softly to him as she lead her boyfriend to the broken and gagged intruder.

The intruder looked at Kei with tears streaming down his face with soft whimpers of pain escaping through the gag. Yuuki sighed, "he tried attacking me so I tought him a lesson, and then he woke up Hina so I shut him up." She explained rolling her eyes in disgust at the broken boy before her, "I kept him alive because the announcer said teams earlier so he's most likely not alone." She added looking up to Kei as she talked then turned her attention to the invader, "oi, boy if your willing to talk I wont have to let my boyfriend do worst to you then what I've already done." She threatened casting down harden glares into the boys frightened brown eyes.

Kei looked at Yuuki, his stomach started to tighten. He watched as she threatened the kid, he wondered when exactly did she get so intense. He walked over and hugged Yuuki from behind. He whispered in her ear. "Yuuki I know this situation completely sucks and we need to hurt people to survive but this isn't for survival it, it looks like torture." Kei tightened his grip around her body. "Let's take a deep breath, well figure this out together like we always do."

Yuuki closed her eyes and turned into him nuzzling her face into his chest, he was right, this wasn't normal for her, "i-i dont know what got into me.." she muttered her rough act dissolving away instantly as tears threatened her eyes. Yuuki couldn't even bring herself to turn amd face the boy she hurt, whats wrong with me.. she asked herself as tears stumbled down her cheeks. She started trying to fingure out the reasonings for her behavior starting with the most obvious, sleepy deprivation, wanting this to be over with, fear for her family's survival, maybe the ciggerette she smoked earlier triggered something... she wondered more treating different possibilities like a crossword she could just cross off and forget, but she knew it wouldn't leave, "i-i should leave.."she mumbled uneasily into kei's chest as she started feeling her anxieties walk up and grab her by the throat.

Kei held on to Yuuki tightly not letting her go. "stop, i know it's not you, i know it's just this place." Kei looked at the boy. "Let me handle this. Kei walked Yuuki to the tent and sat her down next to Hina. "you shouldn't get your hands dirty with this kind of thing anymore, your a mom Now." Kei reached for her hand picked it up and kissed it. "these hands should be used to care for our daughter not for hurting anyone."

Kei smiled and walked back out to the bound boy, he assessed the situation and knew there was no going back. The boy was hurt badly, bleeding, and slowly loosing conciousness. Kei knelt down to the boy and removed his gag. "hey, i'm sorry about this." kei untied him and laid him down flat. "you lost to much blood, and it looks like your bleeding internally." Kei faced the boy, he looked like he was in middle school. "i'm sorry that you got caught up in all this." he saw the boys face he was clearly suffering. "i can help you stop the pain...permanately." Kei looked at the boys face as tears came down his face he slowly nodded. Kei got up and held onto the boys head, he whispered "i'm sorry." then quickly twisted the boys head to the left snapping his neck.

The boy's eyes remained open as the light slowly fadded. the twitching stopped and the boy was now just a corpse. "Kei sat back and watched over the corpse as tears streamed down his face. "this stupid game, when i get out of here i swear to god i'll find the son of a bitch that started this and i'll kill him myself." Kei looked up into the sky "do you hear my you bastards i'll kill you!!!!!!!!"

Yuuki's face was red and watered down from silent tears. How did she ever managed to find someone has amazing has Kei... honestly she didn't care because he was right she was a mom now, and she needed to start acting like one. She turned to see Hina sleeping with her new toy tucked tightly to her chest, smiling Yuuki crawled over to the sleeping child and laid down next to Hina, pulling her tightly to her chest just as hina was her teddy bear.

She heard Kei yell to the sky minutes later and put the pieces together, she had hurt the boy so bad Kei had to fix him... permanently. God there wasn't a worse moment in her life then right now that she felt this bad. Thoughts like monster and murderer started to creep into her mind, her demons yelling them louder and louder into her skull. Finally she couldn't take it anymore and detached herself from Hina's cuddles and ran outside to Kei, not saying a word she wrapped her arms tightly around his waist and held him tightly.

Kei felt someone embrace him, he took in a deep breath smelling her familiar sweet scent. He leaned his head back and rested it on her shoulder. " were never gonna be normal. Are we? I mean even if we make it out alive were always gonna be paranoid expecting to get attacked at any moment." Kei chuckled nervously covering up being chocked up by his tears. "i mean can you imagine going to Hina's school events and not thinking twice about snapping a childs neck cuz they tripped HIna."

Kei took in a deep breath and settled down. "his partner is going to come for him, we should get ready."

Yuuki listened to kei talk about normality, "Hina will be fine, just look at how loving she is to the teddy bear, if she was corrupted ahe would of destroyed it looking for a bomb or something." She said with a smile fightint her own tears as well, "as for us, it'll be hard at first but we can move out to the country and make a little farm or something until we're better baby." She said softly.

When he had brought up the partner she sighed, "well the announcer said last 9, and now there's only 8 not including us and hina, so that means we have 5 people left." She did the math out loud then nodded, "with the traps you set up that should give us some time but we need to keep the fighting away from hina as much as possible." She told him kissing the mid of his back. As the leaves on the ground rustled from a distance.

Kei nods and grabs her hand. As she speaks he takes in her words and calm down a bit. Kei felt her kiss his back he pulled her hand up and held it against his cheek trying to fully calm down, when he heard the sound of rustling leaves.

Kei quickly turned and faced the danger moving Yuuki behind him as he drew the pistol from his back pocket. "His partner knows where we are now." Kei stood still listening for more when he saw a bright red light coming from the forrest. Suddenly Kei felt intense pain from his shoulder. He looked down and saw he was shot, that's when he realized. "Sniper!!!,get down!!!"

Yuuki felt the nic of Kei's bullet on her shoulder as it left his body, "ow damnit!" She cries then saw Kei was bleeding, "babe in the house!" She yelled leading him into the building, "how the fuck did they get a sniper!" Yuuki asked herself frustrated at the odds then forced kei to lay down we'll she rummaged through the drone and brought out some medical supplies for kei, "babe fix your shoulder, I'll talk care of the-

"Team one is facing team three! May the best team win!" The announcer said happily, her voice actually sounding like it had emotion in it for once.

"Team one huh..." she said then kissed kei goodbye, "ill be right back baby take care of Hina please." She asked him softly, that way he wouldn't have an excuse to fallow her she she grabbed on of the pistols they had and started outside.

Though the moment she steppes outside she was met by a red dot, "shit!" She cried and dropped to the ground rolling out of the way. Running up behind a tree well she had time, "so sticking my head out is gonna make me dead, but the sniper cant see through brush.." she added up her odds in her head then droped to an army crawl sticking around the covered area of the brush.

Caroline had watched her brother die by the hands of the man she shot, "where the fuck did they go." She growled dragging the looking scope on her rifle over the forest when she saw the red head, and took aim, but sadly the little bitch moved before she could take the shot. "The hide and seek begins my friend." She chimed well looking for the girl, her partner Rennie was supposed to come out from the other side so they could attack at all angles, but she was starting to think that something had happen, "maybe they set up traps.." she muttered and continued her search.

Kei was dragged into the house. He caught the first aid kit and before he could say anything she left. "God damnit" he uttered under his breath. Kei decided he had to fix him self up quickly so he could help Yuuki.

Kei pulled out a Sutter set and started sowing himself up. He was lucky the bullet missed bone and tendon, he could still move his arm. He finished although he wasn't sure the back was sewn properly since he couldn't see it. Kei decided he needed to protect Hina.

He picked up the shot gun as he did he knocked something loose and the grenade they were given rolled out. Kei looked at it and suddenly had an idea. He picked Hina and wrapped her up in a blanket. He then took one of the sleeping pills from the first aid kit and popped it in her mouth he massaged her neck until she swallowed it. He picked her up and stuffed her in the drone. He remembered how they were pretty sturdy. He placed her inside and placed it in the corner surrounded by other furniture to ensure she blended in.

Kei snuck out the back, grenade in hand his plan was simple find the sniper and throw the grenade. If he was lucky it would kill them quickly, if not it would at least get them in the open.

Durring Kei's work yuuki had managed to slither up into a hiding spot where she could smell the smoke of the sniper, "got you bitch." She whispered to herself as she checked the gun to make sure it was ready to fire, thankfully it was. Drawing the gun to her chest she took a deep breath and readied herself for anything.

The fourth time now, Caroline had aimed and missed the stupid red head. Sighing she dragged her looking glass acrossed the landscape in search of the red head, but irritability enough they women had disappeared once more. Suddenly a horrid feeling dropped into her stomach as she heard the foot steps about 10 feet from her. Getting ready quickly she heard the women call out, "its over bitch." But Caroline was to scared to listen has she flung her gun in the direction of the voice to see nothing but trees, "m-maybe im i-imagining.." she mumbled shaking.

Yuuki had called out to the sniper and told her it was over, but from the sounds of it the sniper wasn't listening, "stupid player." She commented before yelling out, "KEI I GOT THE SNIPER CORNERED!" She yelled out to her boyfriend, as she had a feeling he was already on the move. Turning her attention back to the sniper she warned the person one last time, "give up, its over you're out numbered and stuck." She said coldly.

As got near the forrest he heard Yuuki call out that she had things under control. He decided he shouldn't leave things up to chance and help her anyway. Kei ran tword the area he heard the voice from, when another bullet wizard by his ear. Kei dropped to the floor quickly his heart racing. "Holy crap that was close."

Caroline's heart was pounding has she finally stopped and stared at the ground in shock, it was over, she had fought so hard just to have it end like this, "caroline!" Her partner yelled from the opposite direction, "Caroline, you ok?" The other girl, her sister, yelled to her. Caroline went to reply back that no she wasnt a bullet ran through her chest followed by several move, "n-no..." was all she could say before the world turned black with bullet fires in the back ground.

Yuuki had looked over to see a younger looking girl, probably a first year in highschool at the most, looking down at the ground terrified. Suddenly a voice called out for Caroline and the sniper looked over at the sound of her name, "big mistake..." Yuuki said softly her voice filled with sorrow as the red head stepped out from behind the tree and took action. Off in the background she heard a bunch of shouts for the sniper followed by the sound of broken earth as the other play came to the snipers side, then yuuki heard a gasp, followed by a couple of pitiful no's, and then silence.

Status
Not open for further replies.