4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
1280px-Assassin%27s_Creed_Logo.svg.png

IC: OPEN SIGNUPS - Assassin's Creed: Shambhala
Sign-Ups: CHARACTER INDEX - Assassin's Creed: Shambhala Sign-Ups
[fieldbox=Rules, red, solid, 8, book antiqua]
1. You shall abide by the tenets of the Order.
2. You shall not kill another player's character spontaneously.
3. Your character is not omniscient.
4. Relationships are encouraged, but keep it clean in the IC.
5. Obey the GM at all times.
6. The Assassins do not have access to Templar intelligence unless stated by the GM.
7. No one is to interfere with the actions of a character in an Animus, except for pulling them out or emergency actions
8. Quality > Quantity. While one strong paragraph or two paragraphs is the encouraged minimum for scenes that aren't combat or dialogue happy, writer's block is horrible and it happens.
[/fieldbox]
The Story
Long ago, in the time of gods and men, there existed powerful artifacts known as the Pieces of Eden. Some of these artifacts could control human behavior while others could perform actions that bordered on magic. These artifacts were crafted by a race of ancient beings known as the Isu, or the Precursors.

Either way, these Pieces of Eden began to influence men since before recorded history, and with these Pieces power's exposed two groups began to form.

The first were the Templars, a group of people who believed that the Pieces of Eden were the key to human perfection. A perfect world, cleaned of all sin as free will would be completely eliminated from humanity, allowing for the Templars to mold the world in their image as all would obey they the dogma they set forth for them. To obtain the Pieces, the Templars formed a military-like organization, eventually assimilating themselves into the Roman Catholic Church for a long period of time. In the end, the Templars became a massively wealthy, multinational corporation known as Abstero Industries.

However, were it not for their rivals, the Templars would have succeeded long ago.

Born from outcasts, the Assassins rose in various forms before truly organizing into their modern strata in the 12th Century. They are driven by a series of three tenets, called the "Assassin's Creed." The tenets state that a member of the Assassins shall "stay their blade from the flesh of an innocent," "hide in plain sight, be one with the crowd," and "never compromise the Brotherhood." The Assassins sought to protect the free will of humanity, their mission continually to prevent the Templars from using the Pieces of Eden to enact their plans. As such, the Assassins became self-appointed protectors of the Pieces of Eden, doing their best to ensure that the Templars would never rise to realize their plans.

But the Templars are still adamant in their pursuit, refusing to give up even in the modern day as many locations of the Pieces have been lost to the sands of time. However, there lies one solution.

Blood holds the key.

Thus one encounters an age-old question- how does every living being on Earth share their species' instincts, a mysterious collection of primal knowledge and urges without ever have undergone such experiences themselves. So why does instinct exist? How can people know what they've never experienced?

The solution is in a person's blood, specifically their DNA. Instinct is derived from a principle known as genetic memory, where an ancestor passes on their memories to their descendants, with the latent access to these preserved memories constituting an individual's instinct.

It was thus that the Templars began to invest in researching genetic memory, eventually creating a device known as the Animus (plural Animi) that would permit any user to access the memories of their ancestors. By tracking down the living descendents of various Assassins, the Templars utilized the Animus to locate various artifacts and learn about the inner workings of their enemies. As such, the Templars began to track down other Assassins through genealogies, as the only ways to enter the Assassins Order is to be born into it or to be inducted into it be another Assassin. Many of those who were born into the Order resisted captured by the Templars, although this led to their own demise and the removal of their blood from their corpses. While the Templars could have others experience the memories of ancestors through the Animus Omega, such a process was highly unreliable unless an extremely versatile mind took to the chair. The Templars found it imperative to take any and all measures to ensure their success.

But, as the Templars adapted, so did the Assassins.

The followers of the Creed followed their tenet of hiding in plain sight, disguising various bunkers and meeting-places in commonly accessible buildings. Assassins themselves also began to take on an alias to protect the truth of their true name and family, to keep the innocent safe. Assassins took what they needed and mastered their skills not only with the blade and body, but with technology, learning to engineer massive cyber attacks and hack into even the most secure servers to gain information that their Order needed. Most importantly, they took this tenet and infiltrated Abstergo Industries, with agents ready to kill those who suspected them and learn of the Templars' plans, as well as "lose" an Animus or two here-and-there.

The Templars, however, responded in kind. Using their agents, the Templar Order sought to kill the Master Assassins and the Mentors- those who lead the Order and trained others, presented with the twin hidden blades as a symbol of their ability and strength. Without the experience and wisdom of these leaders, the Templars believed the remaining Assassins would falter under the weight of grief and their lack of understanding in their Creed. As such, some of the few remaining Mentors went into hiding in a hidden bunker only a few select Masters and apprentices knew of. The only viable solution was to permit younger and younger Assassins rise to the rank of Master and induct others into the Brotherhood.

It is now January 12, 2021 and the century old war rages on. With a new objective in sight, the battle has grown even fiercer as a Piece of Eden that may hold the power to end the conflict between the Assassins and Templars is discovered.

[fieldbox=The Creed, white, solid, 8, book antiqua]
-The Three Tenets-
I. Stay your blade from the flesh of the innocent.
II. Hide in plain sight, be one with the crowd.
III. Do not compromise the Brotherhood.

-Ranks-
I. Keeper of the Order
II. Mentor
III. Master Assassin
IV. Assassin
V. Veteran
VI. Warrior
VII. Mercenary
VIII. Disciple
IX. Footpad
X. Novice
XI. Apprentice
XII. Initiate
XIII. Recruit

-Training Ranks-
Ranks XIII-X: The Novices
Assassins in the earliest stages of their training, they are instructed in the ways of the hidden blade and in the tenets and beliefs of the Brotherhood and their history. All Assassins of the Novice ranks partake in group missions, supervised by senior Assassins in addition to supervised experiences in the Animus.
Ranks IX-VII: The Disciples
The second stage of training, Assassins in the Disciple tier will begin to have open access to the Animus to begin training through the memories of their ancestors. It is often in this tier that Assassins pick up their ancestor's languages throughout these sessions, although it is not known if it is part of the Bleeding Effect. In this tier, Assassins will begin group missions without the supervision of senior Assassins.
Ranks VI-V: The Veterans
Assassin pupils in the final stages of training, they begin executing solo mission in preparation for their full initiaton into the Assassins Brotherhood. After performing a solo assassination, they will be fully inducted into the Brotherhood.​
[/fieldbox]
-Equipment-

• bYWoQCj.jpg

A simple hidden blade that is given to Assassins while they are apprentices.
    1QPZhnA.jpg

A traditional hidden blade given to an Assassin at their Initiation. It is extremely modifiable to reflect the skills of its owner. However, only Masters and Mentors can have twin hidden blades.
    latest

A variant of the hidden blade developed by early Chinese and Japanese Assassins, it is unwise to attempt to wield multiple. The chain blade is based on an ancient weapon known as a manriki that was utilitzed by early martial artists and, later on, Japanese ninja. When one is good enough, swinging it and yelling "GET OVER HERE!" can scare just about anyone.

A hidden blade variant developed by the Byzantine Assassins, it can be activated like a regular hidden blade by raising the head of the hook from the blade. The hook took the shape of an eagle's head in early models, but now appears like a standard, collapsible hook.

A variant of the hidden blade invented by the Assassins of colonial America some time before the French & Indian War, it also is useful for skinning game and as a multitool. Like the chain blade, it is considered unwise even to wield multiple pivot blades.

A recently developed variant of the hidden blade invented by the Brotherhood historian Shaun Hastings. Based on designs of a two-pronged hidden blade from the Spanish Brotherhood of the 15th Century, it can also be used to incapacitate some opponents and bystanders without killing them.
    *NOTE: PLEASE CONTACT THE GM IF YOU WISH TO USE A VARIANT OF THE HIDDEN BLADE, INCLUDING THOSE LISTED ABOVE.*

• PL6ahRM.jpg

Collapsible for use at three different lengths, most Assassins first learn weapon combat using these staves.
    NiMVUae.jpg

Operating on a principle similar to the hidden blade, the shortsword is about 30 inches in length when fully extended.
    VUYRzfT.jpg

Separating into the hilt and blade, the modular longsword is deadly and effective with different blade types.
    8dZkM.jpg

Smaller than the average axe, this tactical tomahawk can serve as a one- or two-handed weapon. It also serves as an excellent wilderness survival tool, climbing tool, and a light ice pick/pickaxe.

• BCB200B4Bnn.jpg

Small and easy to conceal, it's also nice for those days when you need to grab your pocketwatch, light a cigarette, and spy on your enemies.
    vietnam-combat-drop-point-knife-silver-blade-a17-bk510.jpg

The classic small blade- a nice weapon and tool good to keep at your side.
    hxbCyCq.jpg

A weapon innovation from the modern English Assassins, the knife has a small battery to release a quick discharge to stun or kill an opponent.
    SZneKcg.jpg

Hartier than a dart, and easier to throw and aim with less alcohol in your system.

• latest

A favorite of the Brotherhood since its formation, there are darts that can enrage or incapacitate their opponents.
    e88e46ce4a33dea54458cb90dc30cd44.png

A good, classic, short-range option when firearms are out of the picture.
    image.png

This may not be the zombie apocalypse, but the crossbow will always be an effective and silent long-range option.

• BY0w1ve.jpg

It's a sniper rifle in a briefcase, what more do you want?
    xkARxfJ.jpg

From submachine gun to grenade launcher, the K-Series has seven different configurations.
    y6GAKG4.png

Regular bullets not enough for you? The Nagrant revolver can also handle 12-gauge shotgun shells!

• QVtc7XN.jpg

With EMP grenades in grey casing and flash grenades in white casing, the grenades come with adjustable timers.
    56DAdHp.jpg

With frag grenades in black casing and smoke grenades in grey casing, the grenades have an average five-second delay.

• Ninja_grappling_hook_open__63515.1323782179.480.480.jpg

Regardless of whether you're pretending to be Batman, Spiderman, or Nathan Drake, the ever-useful grappling hook is wonderful for scaling high buildings or crossing rough terrain.
    latest

Embrace your inner archaeologist with this tool and unconventional weapon.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Himilo
Present

Reactions: AceSorcerer
I mentioned in the previous thread that I never finished the games, so my knowledge is likely insufficient to participate (even though it sounds awesome); shoot me a PM if you think I could still take part/are willing to bring me up to speed? I'll also read some of the lore/synopsis material online.

Hmmmmm...I probably won't make my lay back sniper marksman as tempting at that is. Maybe a demo expert. Maybe...hmmm, so many options.

Also, open to any character relation ideas.

I mentioned in the previous thread that I never finished the games, so my knowledge is likely insufficient to participate (even though it sounds awesome); shoot me a PM if you think I could still take part/are willing to bring me up to speed? I'll also read some of the lore/synopsis material online.
No worries- in part, that's a benefit of the training ranks. It's a lore-friendly and RP-friendly way to unload information and exposition. So you can learn more from others as we go along!

I was going to say I've only completed the 1,2 (ONly the 2nd none of its spin-off's), and the 3rd game. I was working on Blackflag...till the data got corrupted and said to go eff itself.
Here

I was going to say I've only completed the 1,2 (ONly the 2nd none of its spin-off's), and the 3rd game. I was working on Blackflag...till the data got corrupted and said to go eff itself.
Here
Eh, they're not really spinoffs. They chose not to label them as another number since they all focused on Ezio. And IV is my favorite, personally.

Suppose I'll put down my experiences for the lolz.

AC 1, AC 2, AC Brotherhood, AC Revelations, AC 3, --------- AC Unity.

Unity is the only game in regards to the 'newer' ones that I've played. After playing the first five I kinda didn't feel the need to play more.

No worries- in part, that's a benefit of the training ranks. It's a lore-friendly and RP-friendly way to unload information and exposition. So you can learn more from others as we go along!
I'll give it a thought. As you already know, I was away dealing with a relative's death. So I'm unsure how many things I'll get involved with.

I'll give it a thought. As you already know, I was away dealing with a relative's death. So I'm unsure how many things I'll get involved with.
Again, take your time.

sorry for the major delay, i hope the CS is okay. let me know if not

@Himilo love the Archer quote!

• Love
Trying to figure out everything, other RP's and IRL. She will be created sometime in the soon future

Reactions: AceSorcerer