Ashes to Ashes - OOC & Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll update the remaining sections later today. Have nowhere to save it on my computer, so I have to post it.

Name:
Anna Sophia Whitacre

Height: 5'1 (155cm)

Weight: 102lbs (46 kg)

Nationality: American

Physical Description:

Her long, dark-brown hair extends to her lower back. This causes her to appear even shorter than she all ready is. Standing at just over five foot, some may consider her petite. Currently, she is having trouble steadying her weight, nearing the underweight mark by a little every week. Her deep brown eyes along with her brown hair cause her to blend in with anyone else nearby. She isn't anyone that stands out in a crowd. Anna Sophia has several scars of varying lengths over her entire body. Most are nothing noticeable and vary from mundane events such as tripping or other such klutzy movements. However, she does have four long, jagged scars extending from her shoulder blades to a few continuing scars on the back of her legs. They are still significantly discolored compared to the unmarred skin. Then on her right ankle, she has a scar on either side that seems to be from surgery.

Skills: Anna is able to scrounge for edible things that many would not think edible. She is able to take just a few items and make it into a delicious soup or meal. Also proficient in medications and their uses, CPR, and some emergency medical aid.

Advantages: Agile and stealthy. Though she is unlikely to sneak past someone completely unnoticed, she is able to swipe things from counters without causing alarm. Due to her frail appearance, many underestimate her will to survive.

Disadvantages: Her frail stature can be both useful and a burden. She doesn't have much strength and is frequently tired by just a short run or long walk. Her right ankle is weakened from a past surgery that never healed properly. She is unable to run for long and frequently has pains. She also has asthma triggered easily, but generally can be handled with just a paper bag. Anna also has migraines. Bad ones that will often have her gasping for breath, vomiting, or near passing out. Generally, she has one every few days, though the intensity varies.

Worn Items: Sporting a plain, black t-shirt, dark jeans with a hole in the right knee and one on the left thigh, black Falcon 'crew' shoe, black socks, and a hair-tie to keep her hair up. Her hair sits near the top-back portion of her head in a high-ponytail. She always has a ring with silver dots twisting around the body and a small, lone, white sapphire in the setting. Hidden on her belt under her shirt are two steel daggers. Always carries a brown paper bag in a sandwich baggy that she keeps in her left pocket.

Owned Items: In a field just on the outskirts of the city sits a disheveled shack where farmers would keep their grains or rakes. It lies just south of the field, less than a quarter-mile from the old ransacked farmhouse to the east. The shed has dirt flooring that looks undisturbed. Beneath the dirt lies a two-foot long, six-inch wide metal trunk. The contents in the trunk are as follows:
Medical Stash:
5 bottles of 300mg Ibuprofen
4 bottles 500mg Extra Strength Tylenol
5 bottles of varying strengths of pain medication
1 bottle Prednisone (anti-inflammatory)
4 rolls of large gauze
1 roll medical tape
3 tubes of antibacterial cream
2 tubes of anti-itch cream
1 tube muscle cream
2 small cylinder tubes of Styptic powder (clots bleeding)
2 full packages generic Benadryl (about 24 doses)
A box full of Ventolin Inhalers (about 6)
2 boxes of injections (4 doses for migraines)
1 gallon half-used of distilled water
1 plastic bottle of 100% alcohol

Food Stash:
3 cans green beans
2 canning cans of strawberries
1 canning of peaches
1 canning rhubarb
2 open water bottles with refilled water
1 small ziploc bag with three jerky slices

Misc:
A picture album
A stuffed tiger about the size of a basketball
Tire iron
Spare daggers (2)
1 Dark Blue T-shirt
1 Pair dark grey shorts
Opened pack of clean underwear
Small bag with several ponytail holders

Personal Inventory: A small knapsack on her back holds 1 opened bottle of water, 1 small container of Styptic powder, 1 Ventolin inhaler, 1 roll large gauze, travel size lotion container with 100% alcohol inside, 1 small sandwich bag with a single piece of jerky, 1 dose of the migraine injection medication, and 1 half-eaten canned Strawberries.

History:
Just shy of her sixteenth birthday, Anna's parents decided to move to the outskirts of London from their home in Indiana, USA. Their decision was finalized in January 2022, immediately after the US forces were attacked outside Ottawa. They felt the US was the likely target for most countries, and had been considering moving to Germany or perhaps Norway before. They settled on London, at least allowing their daughter to partly decide where they would live.

Both were able to obtain working visas as doctors. Her mother was a General Practitioner and her father, the Chief Medical Director. They did fairly well in London, compared to other countries in the later years. However, when food became scarce, Anna Sophia's mother steadily became more depressed. In 2025, her father became ill with the Black Death. He encouraged her mother to stay with her, but her mother's entire world was her husband. Of course she loved Sophia, but Sophia was still healthy and her husband was going to leave.

He died shortly after. Anna's mother took a large dose of painkillers her parents had stashed away. It took only two days for Anna Sophia to realize her mother was dead, too. They had been in a separate part of a house they had boarded themselves into. However, it became eerily quiet, and the stench of death grew. Leaving them behind, unable to properly bury them, she set out on her own. She knew how to survive. She hoped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright finally done. If you would be so kind to as check it out.

An uneducated romainian and a military trained Canadian soldier. Knife fight go.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say life expectancy in post apocalyptic society is rather low. If all these kids are anything to go by.

@Hisoka To be fair my friend, what post apocalyptic society do you know that has a high life expectancy? I was also the first kid, therefore the best.

I don't know seems to me them folks in Fallout live to ripe old ages. Though that is really Sci-Fi stuff mixed in with post apocalyptic society.

Just find it amusing is all. Also where be ye Olde English folk.

Well in Fallout, 200 years have past since the apocalypse. Within this role plays universe it has only been 10. Elderly and young children/ teenagers would be most common. This is society of orphans that havnt had enough time to grow to that ripe old age. As for English people..... we dont talk about those anymore -wink wink-

I'm excited to see who falls into cannibalism first. :)

Oh totally the Romanian Gypsie with trust issues. He would go far enough to take a bite out of a recently dead corpse.

I rather think Davian would be the last to resort to cannibalism. Not out of moral issues, just out of concern for infection.

I think Jae will be too much of a wuss to resort to cannibalism, don't you think?

The whole cannibalism issue is a often debated survival topic. How does one know if they are or are not capable. Very few people in the developed world have ever been that hungry.

This rp is set in a ruined world barely getting back on its feet. So suffice to say the topic could and most likely is a hot button issue. How far is too far in a post apocalyptic society?

Survival, is every ones goal. whether it be in a post apocalyptic society or in the height of our civilization, we survive our social classes or we survive the unbridled rage of our world. Society as made humans weak, no one knows what they are capable of in till the situation arises. Most I belive will not be able to do it, but a select few, those who grew up in 3rd world countries the insane, those are the ones who would eat their friends, like rabid dogs. I dont think it will be a big thing going on, but there would be definitely rumors of cultist like groups eating people. ^^

Out of the topic of cannibalism, I'm quite glad that this roleplay is set in London, since that's my birth town/city. Most the roleplays I've seen are in America, which I don't mind but it's nice to have something different.

@FetusMaknae (But but Cannibalism is fun D: ) Yah I have almost the opposite feeling for the setting, being how I have never been there, or seen the city in any way.

@JextheShadow Same here with America, I'm currently living in Australia and I've never been to the U.S. Plus I don't know much about U.S and their geometry and cities.

I was there once, did not like the local food. The beer was okay and just a little drive away was the land of proper single malt whiskey. The people were also very polite and helpful. ..But if I have to eat another black pudding it will be too soon.

Never did understand the love of tea though.

@FetusMaknae Pfft America is easy. Think of very similar houses right next to each other for miles at end, That is most of america. Australia that sounds really interesting? How are the deadly spiders over there?

Name: Yi Jin-sook
English Name: Jin-sook Yi

Height: 4'3 (129 cm)

Weight: 97 lb.

Nationality: North Korean

Physical Description: Short, lean, and incredibly scrawny, Jin-sook gives off the appearance of a man that has been to the point of death. Prominent upper cheek bones, black eyes, black messy hair, wrinkles decorate his slightly tanned face. Considered underweight even by North Korean standards, has suffered greatly from Songun.
[~-|Knowledge & Attributes|-~]
Skills:
Able to cope with hunger
Not picky, able to eat many food items others would consider inedible, and has had experience eating live food.
Able to take criticism in stride, due to weekly "sessions" in North Korea

Advantages: Decently skilled with the rope dart, weapon he's trained with for self protection.
Emotionally detached, feels nothing when eating a live animal.

Disadvantages: Malnourished as a child, and throughout his life as an adult due to being unable to join the military for his short stature.
Suffers from Typhoid and Hepatitis A
Not very tactical with words, and often comes across as blunt.

[~-|Inventory|-~]
Worn Items:
Constantly wears a brown, tattered jacket over a similarly colored T-shirt. Wears brown cotton hand me down jeans. Owns a pair of ragged, brown leather gloves, and walks in a pair of brown socks with a bit of extra cotton padding underneath courtesy of a used bag of cotton balls that had some left inside.

Owned Items: Owns no items that are not on his person.

Personal Inventory: His clothes, rope dart, and an additional rope dart, however, instead of a sharp iron head, uses a round stone. Carries a small rusty shovel on his person.
[~-|Past History|-~]
Born in 1994, Jin-sook was condemned. Before Jin-sook was born, his father had been executed as a political prisoner. Born on the outskirts of Pyongyang, his mother did her best to provide for her son, ultimately caught stealing, and executed in front of him. Living as an orphan, Jin-sook scrambled to eat small scraps of food people threw at him, or the bugs and mice that made their home in Pyongyang. Even as an orphan, Jin-sook was expected to take part in the Trade Union Network in the Youth League. People could already tell that he would never make it into the military, and due to Songun, or the "military first" policy, he was never given food compared to his fellow "students." During his time in North Korea, Jin-sook has had the greatness of the Kim family and North Korean dictatorship pounded into his head, along with horror stories of the American world and the world outside of "stable" North Korea. However, in 2012, Jin-sook fled North Korea. Crossing the border into China, Jin-sook collapsed from travelling weakness. Miraculously, he came across a sympathetic Chinese woman who had secured him passage out of China into the UK, after disguising him as her son, who had passed away the year before. Fortunately, she was able to get Jin-sook to resemble her son due to stuffing his clothes to make him appear chubbier, and using copious amounts of makeup. Once in London, Jin-sook successfully was able to pass off as a North Korean refugee. The Chinese woman was able to teach him English, before she returned to China for political reasons. Unfortunately, Jin-sook became homeless and jobless immediately after entering London, due to having no real life skills and a myriad of illnesses. Once again, he ate rats, bugs, and trash. It wasn't until a year later that Jin-sook learned from a North Korean liberation group in the US that the Chinese woman who helped him was tortured and killed in China for aiding his escape, albeit unofficially. In London, he was overlooked from homeless aid due to mistrust among key people about his loyalties, learning about his past. His eating habits appalled other homeless men and women, and frequently slept in a cardboard box alone. A key turning point was his finding of two long coils of sturdy string. One piece he attached to a metal arrowhead that had broken off of an arrow, thrown away by an aspiring hunter. The other he attached a small, round stone the size of a small human hand curled into a fast. These makeshift "rope darts" proved invaluable in food acquisition. The events of 2021-28 have hardly impacted his life, only serving to fill more people in his "home".

Last edited by a moderator:
@CrystalScorpion96 I like the character, but Since I was curious of what a rope dart was, I googled it. It is mainly a Chinese/Japanese weapon. Would a north Korean would know how to use one with skill when (to my knowledge ) Know almost nothing from about the outside world. If Im stupid though, please also tell me ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.