Ashes to Ashes - OOC & Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jeran Korak
Perfectly fine with that. I was going to add how they came into her possession, but it slipped my mind while I was writing the backstory for her.
I just changed it to two more knives on her belt, if that works?

Yes, that works fine. Thank you. We should be all set now.

Necessary changes have been made, Japanese Encephalitis and Malaria have been removed. Though, to be quite honest I was banking on Jin-sook's death early in the rp, then create another character. However, over the week, he stuck, so I'm actually glad you didn't approve him with his four illnesses :P. Hopefully he can live at least a little while with those two.

Thank you. The IC thread is up now, by the way. I apologize if my first post isn't exactly kicking-off material. I just wanted to provide an opening for people to get into things without getting DM-y yet.

Ill be posting on the thread in a few, just finishing up some work.

There is only 114 km separating Portsmouth from London. By the flames of apocalypse your average person could do that in maybe two days at most if they are in a hurry. And that distance is if you follow the A3 up from Portsmouth. There are more direct routes that'd cut off considerable distance. I love the English, such a tiny ass country and they went on to rule the world. God Save the Queen.

Alright. I might be out of my league in this rp.......

It might be just the fact that this is my first rp on this site, but your rp post was gorgeous. The one before mine too. Mine was meh xD

I personally thought my post was sorta average I know I can do better. Lately though my muse is being a bitch born whore.

Regardless you're not going to improve without experience rping with people whom you consider better. It's taken me elven years to get this good. And even now I am nowhere near the best at this.

Thanks That actualy made me feel alot better, Your right the only way for me to get better is to just do it. ^^

Might I point out...I've never been to Europe. Anywhere. So I may have awful geography!

Might I point out...I've never been to Europe. Anywhere. So I may have awful geography!

You do know in this day and age there are many wonderful interactive and static maps. Not to mention several travel blogs. A little research never killed anyone.

@CrystalScorpion96 Nice post ^^ but for the sake of realism i should point out that your stone rope dart would / Technically be called a meteor hammer. I saw a kung Fu Instructor demonstrate one.

The term meteor hammer describes a flexible weapon with two weights at either end. The weapon Jin-sook is using I'm referring to as a stone rope dart due to Jin improvising. It would be quite nice to have Jin be chinese and trained in martial arts, but, alas, it is not the case.

You do know in this day and age there are many wonderful interactive and static maps. Not to mention several travel blogs. A little research never killed anyone.

Seriously? Interactive maps and research are nowhere near as helpful as experiencing it in person. Never said I wasn't going to research. Just pointed out I may not know a certain coffee shop or other well-known store might be on this specific road my character may be on. Sure I'll know the road and where it's located, but I won't be familiar with every shop.

>.< I totally was gonna join this roleplay but Iwaku ate all my notifications and I totally forgot until I went through my watched threads like 5 minutes ago. Would it be wise/acceptable to join in still?

Seriously? Interactive maps and research are nowhere near as helpful as experiencing it in person. Never said I wasn't going to research. Just pointed out I may not know a certain coffee shop or other well-known store might be on this specific road my character may be on. Sure I'll know the road and where it's located, but I won't be familiar with every shop.

Like I said travel blogs. And not to mention in this day and age any semi famous business has a site extolling themselves and directions. Plus I don't know how it's where your from but in Canada the English are verbose about their homeland. Ask them a single question about London and most will talk for hours if you let them.

@Rainjay: Sure, it certainly isn't too late.

@Hisoka & Sincere: I'm not looking for exact street-by-street descriptions or precise knowledge of every location. It'd be nice flavor, but by no means compulsory or even expected. Plus, it is nearly two decades into the future. Many of those places will undoubtedly have changed. Relax, I prefer people concentrate on good roleplay than obsessively minding tiny details. My only real desire is that people remain aware of their relative position, so that London doesn't degrade into the 'generic city where everything is five minutes walk apart' that I've seen quite often in the past.

But London is only five minutes wide anyways. Well not really but to your Average
Canadian it seems that way. I mean the time it takes to cross the breadth of England might get you halfway across British Columbia. And B.C is only one province.

Anyways I'm looking for permission to have my character involved in a firefight with some local bandits. I want him to win this fight but use up around 9 or 10 rounds up. Whether or not he profits from their corpses is up to you I just want the victory and ammo expenditure.

Status
Not open for further replies.