As the Metal Trees Grow

"Destruction is a natural occurrence. It prevents over growth and overpopulation. But these... things.. made of steel and manufactured life... they destroy without end. Ever consuming and creating mass inequality." He smirked. "Control a flame and it will serve you well. Let it burn wildly and... well I'm sure you are all aware of what follows.." his eyes shimmered as licks of green flames appeared in the wind that slowly circulated around him. They died down after he regained his composure.

Jet stared at the girl on the ground, "Why are you down there?" He asked softly squatting down to her eye level. He tilted his head he red eyes peering over the girl, "Did you fall? Do you need help getting up?" he outstretched his hand top her.

Lily accepted the man's hand and got up to her feet. She stared at him for a moment, even at full height she was still only half the size he was. Abruptly, she sprung towards him, climbing around him so that she settled comfortably on his back, much like a monkey.
She scanned the other personages surrounding her.
"Who are these people? Are you having a party? Am I invited?" she asked curiously, leaning close to his ear.

Jet tried to fend her off but was helpless against her, he sighed, "Not often i meet someone smaller than me," he said as she clung to his back, "or someone as willing to get as close to me," he reached back and patted her head, "Not a party, a quest to capture a god and reshape the world," It was now that he noticed his group had attracted a lot of attention, the entirety of the working crews had stopped and were staring at them. He stood up on his tip toes to whisper in Zhai's ear, "I think it's time we left,"

The Windigo looked at the crew who had all stopped working. "If we wish to keep a low profile, we should go. Soon. Now off possible." He continued to stare at the workers. His hand flexed and he seemed to be irritated, on the point of lashing out, just looking at them. He held his composed facade and turned to face away from them.

Lily giggled, "That sounds like fun!" She clung onto him. Weather she actually planned on venturing with them or not remained a mystery, but she made no attempt to get off Jet's back.

"Yeah, leaving sounds good..." Grenz looked around a bit and got an idea. He tried his best to keep it in, but he couldnt. He jumped back onto Zhai's spider-parst, sat down and loudly exclaimed "Forward, my steed!" before he started chuckling. "Sorry, I just had to!" He said, trying to contain his laughter.

Zhai arches a brow surveying the scene, it seems she had somehow become the leader of this... odd assortment of creatures. With a nod she looks to them, "keep up." she chuckles at Grenz, "and you hold on small one. I swing through the trees at an alarming sped. Hold my hair tight" With that she launches with eery grace into the trees kicking off of trees as she goes, almost gone within moments. She left a trail of disintegrating web for her companions. It would be gone in thirty minutes time not staying long enough to put them into danger

Grenz took hold of Zhai's hair, unsure of how hard he should hold it. Yet before he had a chance to think, she had launched herself forwards, giving him no other option than to hold on for dear life. Yet after a few launches, he started getting into it, riding her more than clinging to her and enjoying the ride. Never in his life had he expected to be moving at such speed, but he was enjoying every moment of it.

Wendigo looked at the web trail and started running. He couldn't move at the speed he wanted without leaving a more permanent trail. He jumped every now and then, carried by the wind gracefully.
He started to relax more as he moved away from all the mechanical scenery and he was glad to be making headway. As they moved through the forest, he noticed how many more young saporlings he saw growing. The forest itself was trying to compensate for its loss. However, nothing the forest could do would stop them..

She soon arrives at her cave and settles. The webs part for her and she sits in a hammock of complex webbing. " now we wai for the others. Then we scheme"

Jet ran after moving like liquid through the thick underbrush, never loosing sight of Zhai, "We'll be coming up on the plains here, we head north to The Sea of White Sand," he shouted ahead making sure to keep hold of Lily as he moved faster.

The Elder watched them race through his chalice, smiling happily, "You have done well," the voice of deep and commanding, the old man's eyes shot up and beheld a man clad in black standing there, it seemed he was from another time, another place.
The elder's eyes grew wide and he dropped to his knees, "Oh master I have done as you asked, please let me die," he was almost pleading.
The man clad in black stepped from the shadows, he had long brown hair swept back over his head, his features were chiseled and defined, he seemed almost perfect. He wore a long black cloak and pants and shirts made from a strange material, his eyes glowed white. He brought the elder to his feet, "Rise my son, your time has come," his hand shot through The Elder like he was butter.
The Elder flinched only for a moment a huge smile gracing his face, "Thank you..." he breathed as he melted and became part of the man clad in black.
His attention was drawn to the chalice, "And soon, little brother, so will yours. Your time spent shaping the world to your will is over." as he stared a pair of red eyes flashed and in the chalice and it shattered the water spilling everywhere. The man clad in black howled and threw the table, "That witch is working for him!" he drew a dagger from his cloak and tore open a portal in thin air, "You will not stop me this time," he stepped into the portal and disappeared The treasure and trinkets on the walls began to vanish the tent along with them in it's place trees grew connecting to the forest, the tent, the trinkets, the treasure even The Elder were gone.

Grenz was still laughing a bit from the rush of speed. After calming down slightly, he said "Good idea! Never enter a fight without some plan, even if its just which way to run!"

The Wendigo arrived moments later, surrounded by faint flickers of flames. As he walked into the cave, the flames died down. "Is this your den, Spideraan?" he asked her.
He continued to survey the gossamer webs that surrounded them.
"One has to wonder, what kind of prey are you hunting with webs like these?" He decided it was in his best interest to not touch the sticky threads.

Jet slowed and plopped at the mouth of the cave, "I'm gonna stay out here," he said staring at the other, "Me and caves don't mix very well." he began chewing on the end of his sleeve listening carefully.

Lily hugged Jet tightly.
"It's dark in there," she whined in agreement, before abruptly perking up. "Where are they going? Why are they going in there? Why?" She turned her head to look at his face, but from her position, she couldn't quite see. So she ended up staring intently at his jawline.

Zhai nods, " this is my den, I eat what I catch. I of course have preferences but it would not be unfair to say that I have eaten many races. All of us need to eat after all. You should come in the cave shadow twister. It is safe and I can fend off soldiers should they come. Of it helps I can bring light... I find it... Distasteful"

"I kinda like hiding in caves. Especially the big ones! Lots of little places to hide and squeeze through. And the darkness! So many ambush-spots! Ah..." Grenz was speaking in a relaxed tone, for the first time since he had left his home, as he leaned back in the hammock. "And, of course. Having someone around me to protect me only makes it better!"

Jet patted Lily's head, "We're heroes, we're gonna save the world," he said with a hopeful smile. He looked up as Zhai talked to him and shook his head, "It's okay I'd feel safer here, i can still hear you guys," he sat content watching the shadow of the leafs dance with the wind.

Wendigo sighed. "Who among us has a plan? " he asked as he sat down cross legged.
He looked out of the caves mouth, contemplating the flammability of his surroundings. What could he use to his advantage in a confrontation. In a sense, the wendigo was more of a weapon than an ally. He didn't plan. He followed orders.