As the Metal Trees Grow

Lily flew to Jet's side. She wasn't exactly aware of what was happening, but recognized that her new friend was somewhat upset and went to his side.
"H-hey. What are you doing? Why are you lying down?" she whispered. His blood began forming a small puddle on the ground where her dress dragged, staining the white fabric with it's scarlet color.

Zhai reaches down and pick shim up, cradling his small form like a baby, she then picks up Lily and puts her on her back and does the same with Grenz, "I should eat you intruder but since you seem to know how to help the little one you have bought yourself time. If you do not provide an antidote, I will feed on you slowly" she warns with a hiss. She was maternal and the group had become her children, babies that needed protecting

The Man followed the group into a clearing, "we'll be safe here," he said taking Jet and laying him on the grass, "the Golems hardly stray from their homes," He began to pull tools and fabric from his pack wrapping them around the wounds. The man was skinny, hardly a warrior with pale skin. His dark brown hair was frazzled and twisted around a strange contraption on his head that put panes of round glass in front of his eyes. He examined Jet and gave him a bit of fruit that seemed to calm down his spasm, "Those vines are nicknamed the creeping death, they hold tiny needles that inject poison into the blood stream. You spideran, there is a village to the north, they have medicine to help him. Travel fast, he has only hours."

Her eyes narrow and she snarls, "if they aren't here when I get back I will find and skin you myself" she launches off and she swiftly finds the village. They run screaming and she caught one, "I need medicine for the creeping death"

Grenz looked around for a moment, trying to figure out where he was, being careful to keep a bit of distance from the strange person "helping" them. "Wouldn't mind having some of that poison for my own use..." He mumbled.
Then he recognized the area. "My village is to the north! She better not... I hope she doesn't harm any of them..." He said, worried.

The man patted his head, "Your village is a bit farther, these are a group of natives that are use to these trees and poisons,"he said setting down his pack and began making a fire, "I'm Muko, i'm a scientist, I've been studdying these Golem's"

A few medicine women pulled Jet from Zhai's back and into a tent, they began mixing something in a large cauldron.

She folds her arms and watches them carefully, she would harm any who threatened her friends

Lily sat inside the tent, watching intently.
"What are you doing?" she asked one of the women, "What's that?" she pointed to a colorful bottle sitting across the room.
"Is brother going to be OK?" she peered at Jet. She continued to ask such questions until she spotted a pot with delicate flowers arranged in it.
Her eyes grew wide and in a low voice she whispered, "pretty."

Damnit. He had been so close, he could have touched the surface if he wanted to. But he still didn't reach it in time before the portal closed. He snarled as his hunger continued to tear away what was left of his senses.

Jet twitched a bit more an then was still, he didn't move, his black skin grew paler and his breathing slowed, he entered a death like torpor.