As the Metal Trees Grow

She chuckled at grenz. Silly little goblin. " jet. Can you take anyone's form? It may be best for you to gather intel... I need to know what everyone is, their strengths and weaknesses.... I am best at stealth and ploys. But I'm working on no intel"

Jet chewed the shirt a bit more, "well yes and no," he replied, avoiding eye contact, "I can shift into them, but i only have their form. My strengths and weaknesses would still carry over," he seemed almost embarrassed.

Grenz got a thoughtful look on his face for a moment. "You mean you could look like a goblin... But have your own strength? And here I thought I could handle someone on my own size..." He sighed. "I feel that it wasn't long ago that I lived in the middle of a forest, knowing almost nothing about the rest of the world, other than what the occasional traveler would tell us... I hope we can bring that time back..."

Jet smiled at him and wiggled from Lily's grip, as he stepped into the cave his form distorted and he seemed to melt into the shadows a few moments later another Grenz stood next to the original, "I feel so....short," he said looking himself over, "everything seems so much bigger now, how do you do it?" he jumped up and down trying to match Zhai's height.

Lily sat in the grass with a dumb-founded and confuse expression, before realizing they were leaving without her.
"Hey! Wait for me!" she ran off after them.

Grenz stared at his copy for a moment in disbelief, before answering him. "I do it, cause that's the way I've been since I was born! I never had the chance to become bigger, like you." He jumped out of the webs and walked over to him to have a closer look at his clone. "But at least you're a damn handsome little fellow!" He said with a grin.

Wendigo looked to the others. "How many of you can fight?" He asked directly. He opened his palm skyward at his side. "Which of us are meant for the frontline? If we are to achieve victory then we need to coordinate." He stood up now and walked towards them. "I will tell you that I am a weapon capable of immense power, but as a fair warning, you're better step out of the way when I am unleashed." His eyes shimmered green and he smirked. "Some of those who know of me label me "inrefrenabilis". It means uncontrollable.."

" I think it is only you who is front line... " she sighs " we need A few more like you... What about you small one? What is it you are good at?" she looks at lily

Lily looked back up at Zhai with a grin.
"I like flowers," she replied in a whimsical way. She traced the shape of a flower on the wall of the cave, while humming a tune, unknown to the others.

"So we've got a uncontrollable front-liner, a spider-spy, a copycat, a poison guy and... A little girl that likes flowers... The ultimate group, eh?" Grenz said with a deep sigh. Right then and there, it almost seemed more tempting to try to move the tribe into the city.

Jet slunk over and patted Grenz's shoulder, "Look i know it seems hopeless, but i'm sure we'll find a way, we have to, we're the heroes, we can't loose," he shifted his form back to the original and smiled.

Lily walked over and hugged Grenz arm.
"Flower," she said, pointing to him. She giggled.

His eyes glowed red as he licked his lips. Hunger always put him on edge. He continued to search for the surface. It was so far away yet... he knew he couldn't give up. It was only a matter of time before he'd find a breaking point.

Zhai sighs a long hiss spilling from her mouth, " let me ask you this. How do we wage war on them? They are many, we are few and what are their weak points"

Grenz smiled slightly at the little... the girl that was slightly bigger than him, smiled and said "Yeah, thats a flower alright. A real pretty one too. Getting kinda rare with the expanding towns and stuff though..." His smile wilted slightly at the thought.

Lily stood there for a moment trying to comprehend what he was saying. After two or three minutes she came up with + towns = - forest = - room to play. After realizing this through her own idea of mathematics, she plopped down on the ground and began to cry.

Jet morphed back and went to her side, "Lilly, are you okay?" he asked softly, as they all talked none of them noticed the vines creeping in, one slowly wrapped itself around Jets leg, "what the hell is-" he was cut off abruptly as a shreik echoed outside the cave and Jet was quickly draged away, stopping himself by latching onto a rock, but the vines pulled at him, "HELP!"

Lily squeaked in horror when she saw her friend being dragged away. She crawled backwards and hid behind one of Zhai's legs. Her long white hair covered her face.

He could see- no, feel the crack. Unwanted emotions were spilling out. A weakness was a weakness after all. His teeth gleamed as he struggled to reach the gap before it closed.

Zhak hisses, an intruder in her lair? Her webbing shoots around jet and pulls him out, throwing him to another of the people in the cave she launches an arm inside pulling out the intruder, planning on eating them later. Zhai was not pleased and she was not merciful

Wendigo's eyes widened at the sound of the screaming, as if he had just lost his balance. He stood up and adopted a wide pose, arms poised outstretched at his sides as if he were about to throw something. As he growled in his throat as his eyes were tinged with flickers of emerald. He identified the vine as his target, and rushed forward. His plan of attack had changed once he saw the proximity of his newly acquired allies. Stepping over the vine, he lowered his hands to it, accompanied by a sound like a grenade going off. the concussive blast that came from his outstretched palms severed the vine in a rupture rather than a smooth cut. He landed and inhaled deeply, palms towards the ground beside him, waiting for the vine to move again.

Jet laid in a crumpled heap his skin pricked here and there with tiny holes, he struggled to gather breath and his body began to convulse. The vines withdrew and an ungodly roar echoed at the mouth of the cave, "You will not succeed," A heavy strong voice boomed. From the shadows of the trees stood some sort of rock creatures controlling the vines around him, lashing around those closest to the mouth of the cave. It drew closer with every step, then as if with the power of gods, a man ran to the cave shinning a strange device that seemed to be powered by the sun, a strange new magic that projected light at the beast, it sheilded it's eyes, thrashing at it's surroundings, "Grab him, he's been poisoned," screamed the man chucking rock like things that exploded around the creature. Jet continued to twitch, the small pricks turning red from running blood.