Arena City Discussion/Sign Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
The entity Thess is naturally always chaotic, but he can be influenced by his host's persona. Also I would not say that the essence(darkness) is an energy, but I will leave the final decision of that up to Schradinger.

@Thess: What would you say it is? If it's an actual physical thing with substance, then it wouldn't be a pure energy attack. Also, how pronounced is this penchant for distraction? It didn't seem like that big an issue in the CS, but when you edited you seemed to indicate that it was pretty severe at the top of the post.

@ASTA: Wouldn't vector alteration be active and hindered world be passive?

@Everyone: The IC is open and free to be posted in. I'll probably have the narrator of the first post interact with whoever arrives first (hopefully his CS is finished today as well).

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]
Fire_Man_by_formalART.jpg
[/BCOLOR]

Name: The Phoenix

Sex: Male

Height: 5'7"

Weight: 150 lbs

Physical Description:
-He is an average Caucasion male, of average build and height, with dark hair and brown eyes.

-He is perpetually burning and regenerating. In his normal, unaggravated state, he seems to have an ashy appearance about him, and you may notice a third-degree burn and heat venting from the area, before regenerating quickly afterwards. He always has a warm aura around him, which can cause people to be uncomfortable around, or worse, be severely burned by him accidentally.

-When he is angered or excited, he bursts into flames, burning and enraging him more. The healing process helps to stall his burning to death, but should he stay in this form for very long, or should the flames burn hot enough, he will be consumed and turned to ash. After a period of time, though, he will revive from these ashes, which is why he is known as the Phoenix. The city's respawning system neglects this last point, however,

Psychological Description:
-The Phoenix lives in unbearable agony from the fire that lives within him, and he is always short tempered, going into a rage when insulted or pushed, whether intentional or not.
-He is searching for his father, who inadvertently placed this curse on him. He believes that if he murders his father, the curse will be lifted off of him, and live a normal life, or finally die, at least.

Powers/Abilities/Skills:
-Powerful regeneration, which heals him in his normal state, and stalls burning when fighting. If he dies, he rises from the ashes, with previous knowledge still intact.
-He has learned how to control the fire in him, and use it to let him move more quickly, and allow him to jump higher and hover, along with making fireballs and blades. He also has an aura of intense heat around him, which makes fighting him in close quarters very difficult and harmful to the opponent.

Equipment: a small metal bar, which he can heat up by hand to mold any weapon or tool he wants.

History: A child of a prominent Victorian family in Virginia, he was your average teen, rebellious and confrontational. His father, in fear of his enemies' attempts to harm him and his family, struck a deal with a shadowy figure, that he would let no harm come to him, and that he would "give his worst enemy Hell on Earth". The father agreed, and everything was normal, save for harm and danger disappearing almost magically.

They learned of the curse during an argument. The son, angry at the father for some reason, began to yell at him, and the father argued back. As this went along, the son began to feel hot, very hot. He then spontaneously combusted, and the father looked at his son burning in complete horror and awe. The shadowy man then appeared, and told him, "I did exactly as I said, no harm will ever come to you, and your worst enemy now has Hell on Earth." The father begged for his son's life, to which he said "He will never die, unless he kills you, then he may finally be free, and you'll be mine forever." The son heard this, thought that the father did this to him, and tried to murder him, before he burned fully to ash.

Now, The Phoenix hunts for his dad, in hopes of ending his curse, and being free of the pain.

Power Rating:
Intelligence: 2

Strength: 1

Speed: 4

Durability: 3

Energy Projection: 4

Fighting Ability: 4

Synergy: 4

Power Level: 20

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Schradinger
Oooh, most interesting. How hot is his aura, and how hot can he make his attacks? Also, how fast does his power make him?

This is a fighting character idea, so I haven't thought of how hot his aura is. I'll probably go with a temperature of 1472 degrees naturally, which radiates out and can burn on touch, along with making nickel red hot, and possibly malleable. There's also no upper limit on how hot he can get, but he burns away faster as he gets hotter, so he doesn't last long if he gets much hotter, same with speed, no upper limit, but he'll wear away more quickly.

Ok. At what speed and temperature would he cease to be effective in combat due to being turned to ash?

And is that Fahrenheit, Celsius, or Kelvin?

Degrees in Fahrenheit. His temperature max is 2282 degrees (Hot as volcanic basalt), he'd last at this heat for a minute, at his best condition. As for his speed, I can't really find a source, so what would you think would be a reasonable speed?

Well, something no higher than 1600 mph (a little over mach 2), unless you want to go for a level 7 rating (which would cap at a little over mach 4). Though if he can't fly, I'd recommend keeping him sub-sonic.

He has a max speed of 270 mph, fast as the fastest car.

Sounds good to me. Just add the level ratings and you should be good to go.

@Schradinger The penchant for distraction is pretty high, with his people being nearly omniscient they were created or evolved or whatever to intake great amounts of information and process it instantaneously. He has the ability to take in the vast amounts of information but does not have the ability to process it instantaneously. Zyndir has spent years learning what information he can ignore, so anything new or different is very distracting for him.

As for the essence, Thess didn't become the god of chaos (he was originally created as the god of mischief) until touching and merging with the essence of the void, and if the void had any sort of desire it would be to return everything to nothing. I would say the the void is full of anti-matter and that the essence of the void is anti-matter. I would say that the origin of Thess' essence is probably a sort of divine energy, so the essence of the current entity Thess is a mix of the two. So, he could perhaps absorb the energy controlling the anti-matter but the anti-matter would still be there. The divine energy would stop the anti-matter from directly interacting with anything around it, until it is removed. But that is my best guess at it for the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
So basically if he absorbs the energy in the tentacles everything dies?

Yea, when it makes contact with the matter around it and they annihilate each other. Course it would only be equal to the size of the tentacle.

Which is still enough energy to wipe out the entire city a dozen times over. For the sake of that not happening three posts into a fight, we'll just say that the divine energy can't be absorbed.

Apologies for not responding to everyone individually, but I thought it would keep things moving and be less monotonous if I didn't write two more duplicate posts of the guards approaching Zyndir and Agony. If your two characters have any specific questions that haven't been answered in prior posts and the OOC, you can either PM me to get an answer to include in your post, or just post the question and we'll go from there.

Regarding Phoenix, I'm not sure where he is right now, but tomorrow I'll probably post the man in black taking notice of and approaching him, since he's (I assume) the only one currently outside the Hub (which the man in black is not allowed inside of unless he's "respawning").

Also, I swear I'm going to post the man in black's CS tomorrow, even if it's still a WIP. Work and life have been conspiring against me lately it seems, and even though I know what and who I want the character to be, actually writing out the details and specifics is proving more difficult than anticipated. I've never been particularly adept at crafting character sheets. >_>

I'd like to, just set up the notice post. I'll be gone for awhile though, almost time for school, and I'll be gone until 4-ish P.M. where I am. (American Central time) And I'll probably be doing other things, so if I'm not around enough for you, see if somebody else would fight you.

nah im in high school as well man I usually get hom from school around 4ish so that will be fine.

Reactions: Salsacookies
Status
Not open for further replies.