Arena City Discussion/Sign Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Mercer's WIP CS has been added to the second post.

2rpsoif.jpg

Name: Tichtinoc, the Cosmic Terror

Sex: Male

Height: 8'5"

Weight: 2,200 lbs.

Physical Description: Tichtinoc is a hulking behemoth. His visage is monstrous and filled with hate. A snarling expression is locked on that visage, revealing sharp, golden teeth in a lipless mouth. Opal pools of mystery swirl within gelatinous eyes and are sunken beneath hairless brows. His cranium is mostly bald, except thin white hair at the very top of each side of his skull. His ears are long and pointed.

He is extremely muscular and has a shine to his dull, grey flesh - as if covered in body oil like a bodybuilder. Veins pulsate throughout his physique - most notably his biceps, triceps and deltoids. His hands are callused and sport wicked golden claws as do his feet. A pauldron of vibranium acts as a carapace on his chest. A set of vibranium armor also hugs his wrists and forearms. A golden cornucopia also dangles at his waist on a golden chain.

Psychological Description: Tichtinoc is egotistical and prejudice towards mundane races, such as humans. Despite this all he is disciplined in martial combat and is highly intelligent and wise due to his age. He usually toys with an adversary, delighted by their misery and frustration. If matched with a challenge, Tichtinoc gains a level of respect for the individual - also a greater appetite, as more powerful beings usually have a 'taster' cosmic energy - which is an exotic meal indeed.

Powers/Abilities/Skills: (Innate) Cosmic Nosferatu: Tichtinoc is an ancient being birthed in some dark corner of the cosmos. His consumption of cosmic energy over the years has greatly perverted his natural abilities to frightening levels.

Tichtinoc is extremely powerful physically and is able to lift/press 150 tons with ease. 200+ tons greatly strains his physique, but is achievable.

Tichtinoc is fast on foot, moving his large physique agilely up to 400 mph. Additionally, he is able to focus cosmic energy to render him unfettered by gravity, allowing him to hover several feet off the ground and move in any direction at speeds close to, but not 400 mph.

The flesh of Tichtinoc is glistening as if covered in sweat. In fact, it is a 2 millimeter thick, naturally occurring oil released by his pores that makes him quite slick and difficult to grab. Cutting him is achievable if the angle is correct, but a deft maneuver by Tichtinoc can allow the attack to slide over his flesh, giving him a "close shave". The oils act as a mild flame retardant, protecting him from temperatures up to 1200° Fahrenheit. Excess temperatures are tolerable, but Tichtinoc will retreat back if it becomes overwhelming. Very cold temperatures, such as outer space, are obsolete to Tichtinoc. It is not known if he can be harmed by negative temperatures, but the -454.81° Fahrenheit space temperature does not effect him.

The fingernails and toenails of Tichtinoc are 6 inches long and are razor sharp. They are formed by a keratin-like material, but are extremely durable, able to shred steel like a hot knife through butter, but not able to scratch Adamantium. The tooth enamel of Tichtinoc is of similar durability and they are razor sharp. Much like a snake, he is able to open his mouth very wide and bite down with an astounding 14,000 psi bite force, able to crush bones with ease.

The skeletal structure of Tichtinoc is composed of Vibranium, a rare metal that is stronger than steel and a third of the weight per cubic inch. Vibranium is completely vibration absorbent. This makes the material nearly indestructible, as any attempt to physically damage the material will be negated on a molecular level as mechanical/kinetic energy will be absorbed instead of breaking any bonds in its molecular matrix. Despite this all, Gamma radiation is able to greatly weaken the metal and allow it to become broken/penetrated.

Tichtinoc also does not require to sleep, eat (other than cosmic energy) or breathe, but he does have humanoid-like organs which are key to his survival. He does have a brain, a nervous system, and a heart, which are all fueled by a violet, blood-like substance that is in fact liquid cosmic energy, which Tichtinoc uses as fuel. If drained of a majority or all, (30 pints), of this substance, Tichtinoc will pass out and eventually die. If decapitated or having his heart destroyed he is susceptible to death as well. He can 'starve' if deprived of cosmic energy.

Tichtinoc can see with greater clarity and greater distances than a human. His vision extends into the ultraviolet and infrared areas of the electromagnetic spectrum, allowing him to see in near-total darkness and retain the same level of clarity.

His hearing is similarly enhanced, enabling him to detect sounds humans can't and sounds they ordinarily could but at much greater distances.

Tichtinoc can memorize tens of thousands of scents. His sense of smell enables him to recognize people/objects by scent, even if they are well hidden. He can track a target by scent and track them to the exact location, can smell fear, and detect if someone is lying by change in body odor.

(Active/Passive) Cosmic Vaccum/Cosmic Understanding: Much as humans are able to gain nourishment from physical food, Tichtinoc has the natural ability to absorb cosmic energy from terrestrial and extraterrestrial sources. He must come within 10 feet of a conduit to taste or slowly absorb the energy. A physical touch on a conduit results in accelerated absorption. He has mastered the energies within his own body and must seek to connect with the outer reflection of those energies in one's environment. Also it is wisest to make a good connection with a planet's energy before working in depth with the energies of the heavens as this order helps to insure that his energies will be 'grounded' and keep him from getting too 'out there' or 'over-heated'.

The sources of cosmic energy are drawn from working with the energies of suns, moons, and stars. Suns and moons have a kind of Yin and Yang relationship to each other and correspond to the Ida and Pingala Nadis(/meridians) and other major 'dual' systems in our energy bodies.

Cosmic energy is a subtle electro magnetic energy that runs through everything we know. It carries information with it as it flows from one thing to another. The energy flowing through your body will predominantly carry your thoughts, feelings and emotions, but will mix with other energies around you.

You could imagine it as an energy field that runs through you and around you – a bit like a magnetic field. All the time some of your energy is floating off, away from you, whilst you also draw in new energy from the ambient energy around you.

This implies that the energy of some of your thoughts and emotions literally floats off into world around you. Somewhere out there will be the energy of your thoughts, emotions and beliefs floating around a planet. This is sometimes referred to as mass consciousness. The idea is that everyone's ideas surround us and when you really relax you can tap into these thoughts and pick up interesting insights, revellations and even solutions to your own problems.

Tichtinoc is able to literally store or discard these thoughts, emotions or beliefs if he so chooses. He has learned several languages, fighting styles and religions from his long life. He cannot learn any abilities that are unique to a race, magical abilities or techniques that are beyond his physical capabilities.

If an individual has complete control over his/her energies or can form a complete body/mind shield the direct absorption may be dampened or negated from its direct source. Ambient sources are 'neutral' to shielding or control to those who so not have an understanding of cosmic energy.

The absorption of cosmic energy is not infinite, just as a human gets full on a meal, Tichtinoc does. Expending a great amount of energy, such as combat or lifting burns his cosmic reserves.

(Passive) Frightful Presence: Tichtinoc's appearance is enough to terrify those around him. Some humans and weak NPCs may flee in terror, while others may tremble in fear. Hostile actions or emotions intensify this effect.

Equipment: A vibranium pauldron and wrist guards.

A golden cornucopiax

History: Tichtinoc was once a proud, quasi-immortal celestial being known as an Aesr. The Aesr were tasked with keeping the flow of cosmic energy consistent within their universe.

The Gods used this energy to birth their universe. Stars, moons, suns, even the Aesr homeworld had been molded from cosmic energy. Aesr were favored by the Gods and were gifted the cosmic energy in its purest essence. The energy was sealed within an ancient artifact and was only able to be unleashed by the cosmic understanding truth. The Gods taught a select few how to harness the cosmic energy, Tichtinoc being one of them.

The Great Cosmic Shift occurred when an entity descended into the Aesr homeworld and lashed the great artifact housing the conduit of cosmic energy. Its tendrils, dark as twilight, tore the artifact asunder, spilling the precious essence throughout the universe. The enraged Aesr attempted to defend the artifact, but were strangely effected by the tendrils of the entity. Some changed size, shape, color minorly. Others were destroyed when struck. Tichtinoc was changed greatly. His divine form was horribly perverted and changed forever - as was his mind. He became a grotesque monster with an insatiable hunger for cosmic energy, and to have it all to himself.

The mysterious entity randomly disappeared from the Aesr homeworld without leaving a trail of its destination.

The Aesr homeworld rapidly decayed from the lack of cosmic energy. Many fled to the cosmos seeking to regain its lost reserves, to bring order back to the universe. Tichtinoc fled to the cosmos, seeking the lost cosmic energy, to devour it and lavish its mysterious power.

A city, on a distant planet hummed with cosmic energy, and like a mosquito to a human, Tichtinoc was hungrily attracted - except he wouldn't be squashed so easily.

Power Rating:
Intelligence: 6
Strength: 5
Speed: 4
Durability: 4
Energy Projection: 2
Fighting Ability: 5
Synergy: 3
Total: 29

Tichtinoc is approved, as we already discussed in PM's. I'll add him to the list tonight and work on my IC replies.

so uuum Salsa still hasn't replied to the possible death blow, what am I supposed to do now?

Tomorrow I'll edit the OP with a rule about being absent without notice in a fight, but the gist of it will be after three days you can call a non-lethal hit on your opponent, and after seven you can call a lethal one and end the fight.

Brain fart. Sorry

Last edited by a moderator:
LeeRoy! Welcome! Think you'll submit a character?

Probably, lemme read over the rules and the like.

Degrees in Fahrenheit. His temperature max is 2282 degrees (Hot as volcanic basalt), he'd last at this heat for a minute, at his best condition. As for his speed, I can't really find a source, so what would you think would be a reasonable speed?

so how is he able to A. still be alive after three bullets through the chest,three through the head, and me strangling him. Also you yourself stated his maximum temperature above meaning he cannot simply go supernova, and I don't believe he can simply make an exit.

A. how is he able to A. (still be alive after three bullets through the chest,three through the head, and me strangling him) I thought I stated decently that he is really only considered dead when he is ash, plus he regenerates. I didn't say he went "supernova" I said he's reaching his max temperature, and he CAN manipulate his own flames to use and blades and waves and such. Also, I'm pretty sure You don't "have" to let him make a getaway, it's a condition applied after your guy possibly lets go.

Ok see I thought he was just a normal human with the flame thing and some regeneration, and next time I would suggest saying something likeattempted to escape rather than just ran.

Ok, I thought I said it was an attempt, but I'll be sure to keep my writing clear next time.

Hmm... If he has the ability to shrug off six bullets in a matter of seconds with no ill effects at all, his durability would be at least a 5, and likely a 6. For someone with level 3 durability, those shots may not have been fatal, but the three to the head would have put them down for a while. Being entirely immune to bullets and similar trauma (which he functionally seems to be), whether they pass through you or not, is in the realm of high-level durability. Even Wolverine can't instantly recover from wounds like that, and he's the gold standard in regeneration.

@Schradinger Alright. I did have my guy react to the bullets to the head, by having his body half limp and laying on the floor.

True, though you were back in fighting shape in the very next post (or fleeing shape, as the case may be), and also stated that he'd done nothing to you. Which I take to mean that you'd already fully healed by that point, less than five seconds after the bullets mangled your head.

Level 3 durability would be equivalent to what Wolverine could manage in his origins movie before he got the adamantium.

OKAY, THIS TIME AROUND I ACTUALLY WILL HAVE MY CS UP SHORTLY.

Sorry for the delay.

@Drallinix I believe you won. All my tools are countered by your suit, and I have no way to escape, since I lack super strength. Write up the kill text.

@Schradinger Understood, my thoughts were he was still banged up, but he really could never die, due to his curse keeping him alive. He'd be quickly crawling away, and probably hovering using his fire powers, since half his body is paralyzed. I'll make sure to put more detail in my writing next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.