Another Horizon

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could bump into people. Maybe Raiga?

Alternatively, if he found and asked the right people (read: named NPCs), Elthrad would learn that Ellenil's currently in the guardhouse, doing some interrogation.

• Thank You
Reactions: Azathoth
Could bump into people. Maybe Raiga?

Alternatively, if he found and asked the right people (read: named NPCs), Elthrad would learn that Ellenil's currently in the guardhouse, doing some interrogation.
I figured that was Ellenil. If he asked, would he be able to get back into the guardhouse?

I was going to see about dropping by the Glass Building looking for Eldren (since I have no idea where he is), the other Astopolian.

@Jakers want me to run into Raiga on the way there?

Raiga realizes that he wants none of this big-city drama. Hitchhikes on the next caravan out and promptly spends the rest of his life fighting against small-time villains and rift-beasts, while avoiding anyone who looks like they could be a player character. XD

feb5628663cf059e49e84d09ebe257917258596f.jpg

"Discipline. Honor. Humility. Skill. A true warrior needs little else." … "What do you mean, I'm too hard on myself?"

Name: Shizuka Kisaragi
Race: Human
Physical Characteristics: 5'4" and 120 lbs. Probably just wearing some sort of bodysuit and not body paint.
Personality: Shizuka is generally cool, collected and serene, but easily flustered if one surprises her or knows how to push her buttons. She's serious about her training and sees herself as a student of sword arts first and foremost. She has a strange sense of humor, which can cause her to crack up completely at times. In some ways, she's very sheltered and naive, possibly due to her upbringing in the country. She tends to take things seriously at all times and holds herself to high standards. Living in the country generally meant running and hiding when a rift beast appeared nearby.

During one of these crises, Shizuka fell out of the tree where she was hiding, and didn't take the landing well, breaking an arm. Her mother acted as a decoy, drawing the attention of the wandering rift beast long enough to die violently in front of her daughter allow others to drag Shizuka to safety. Shizuka was raised by her grandparents from that point on. They also took over running the dojo, and as soon as she had recovered from her injuries, her grandfather started her training to pass on the family techniques.

Eventually, the diminishing number of incoming students prompted her grandparents to send Shizuka to Cykes, to stay with a friend of her mother's, Tamamo, and to continue her battle training in the city. She got involved with the Dansilan fight Club to further test her abilities and train herself, although she eventually lost to a member three years her junior in a truly shameful incident.

Biography:

Shizuka is the first daughter of a family living in rural Dansila, where they are in charge of a traditional dojo which has been in the family for generations. She was about five years old when the war with the Empire happened, and her father, as the current head of the school, left to join in the war. Although he distinguished himself well in battle with the Empire, with the advent of the rift beasts, he didn't return.

To be a proper successor, she must develop her own unique Sword Skill, and otherwise advance her school's Art. She has yet to do so, and has spent most of her life training in the dojo, rather than honing her skills on the battlefield.

Fears: Drowning, Heights, Failing to live up to her family's expectations, Spiders.
Weaknesses: See what happens if you point out her outfit might be inappropriate. She can't swim. Far too earnest and straightforward. Lactose intolerant. Inflexible in her thinking of herself as a swordswoman and warrior before much else. She's actually not all that dangerous once her weapon's drawn, if she doesn't sheathe it again. Some of these psychological hang-ups actually make her poorly compatible with her own sword art's element, and she's technically not using it so much as a whole bunch of sword skills.

Skills: She's a very good dancer, like most Mythril Current practitioners. Foraging for food outdoors. Knowledgeable about history. Can perform a tea ceremony.

Equipment:
Talentium katana. It's probably a family heirloom, but there's not much worth saying about it, otherwise. It's a tool for killing.

Silk armor: it's magically-infused silk harvested from either spirit spiders or magical silkworms or something. Doesn't really offer more than light protection, but it's far more resilient than it should be.

Magic: None
Sword Arts:
Mythril Current - Her family's traditional Sword Art. Aligned to the element of water, it embodies its many forms and ever-changing nature. It favors fluid, dance-like motion and swift, iaijutsu strikes which begin and end with the blade sheathed. A skilled practitioner moves with measured grace, striking with the force of a tsunami, and as elusive as the receding waves. Defensively, it focuses on evasion and lightning-quick counters. A very mobile Art, many of its maneuvers involve moving in some way or another, dancing around the battlefield from target to target.

Sword Skills:
Quicksilver wave - A rapid draw of the sword creates a shockwave of shimmering silvery energy which rushes forward to cut down targets even at range.
Rippling current - A basic iaido strike which is so quick, it can easily catch opponents unaware.
Flowing River - A counter against magic. When attacked with magic, if the effect is resisted, move adjacent to the attacker and strike at them.
Mythril Flash - While Mythril current usually focuses on mobility, sometimes one must intercept an opponent's blade with one's own. A rapid draw of the sword attempts to block and strike in the same swift moment, fending off the incoming blow and striking at the attacker in the same moment.
Crashing Wake - Moving like a wave across the battlefield, the mythril current practitioner rushes forward, striking at every enemy within their path. Foes so struck do not even realize they have been cut until the strike ends and the practitioner sheathes her sword.
Ride the Current - Strike an opponent as you dodge away from their attacks, moving a good 10 feet away. Most notable as a way to break combos or multiple attacks.

Relationships:
Araki?: revenge and/or marriage target

Theme Song:

Not quite finished, but posting anyway as a work-in-progress. I mostly need more relationships. I think someone had mentioned bullying ,which is fine with me, if anyone wanted to step up and have physically or psychologically abused someone else in the past.

Last edited:
Mandatory rolling

Writer's block is hard e.e

Anyways, for this round.

Psyker, Voltin, roll a d20.

Charlotte will come across Raiga and Elthrad as she heads to the Inn. Your choice if you want to trashtalk them, Click.

Asuras, you're collabing with me.

Doughguy, respond appropriately.

Skys, go on and do your thing.

Zombs, wait for R-9.

R-9, I'll touch up your CS, give you some starting instructions, and then you're good to go.

WAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

Kk, so both Alexa and Ashe notice that, as they round the corner, a floating orb, semi-transparent in the arcane lighting, is drifting about. It does not react to their presence.

Friendly reminder that non posters die in Tuesday.

Argh. Sorry based Rode, but I think I'm gonna have to drop out of this. I'm failing to keep up with the deadlines, which is a thing I don't like doing. I also like making long posts, and my posts are becoming slowly smaller into improvised-paragraph territory.

Not gonna make up any bull about being super-busy or whatever, honestly, I'm just not feeling this RP. Not because it's bad or anything, I just don't enjoy playing my character as much as others I've created.

Dispose of Raiga how you wish. Whether he dies of hypothermia, is killed in whatever next fight, or just ragequits Dansilia, XD. Either way, you're a good GM with good players, and this RP will be successful. I wish you the best of luck with it, and hope all y'all have fun. :thumbsup:

Rip Jakers. No death for Raiga though, so he just goes into the background.

Azathoth, once Elthrad gets to the guard station, he'll be directed to a rather normal, non-interrogation room. Ellenil will be sitting there. No one else will be present.

Zombs, Click, R-9, party hard.

Asuras, feel free to have Raela think or something.

Skys, wait until Psyker.

Psyker, Voltin, you dun fucked up.

Who is around and progressing through the plot towards a certain Astopolian captain that Verek can bump into?

Who is around and progressing through the plot towards a certain Astopolian captain that Verek can bump into?
The only 'free' people right now are Elthrad and Charlotte.

Also, posting up shit on da Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.