Almaria Academy for the Magically Gifted (OOC/ Sign-ups inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Cocoa, make any character you want. No pressure! But thank you for taking the balance into consideration. And thank you, @tathgon, for making the list.

@Gladis, go ahead. I made it so the characters who are here are here a few days before school starts, so take your time! :)

It's about warlocks. Does one become a warlock, or is one born a warlock? XD Because I might have an idea but I need to make sure it works first. >_>

@Gladis,
One can be born a warlock if one or more members of their family were one in the past. This gives them a chance to become one as well. Why, what was your idea?

Well, I was thinking of making a character who became a warlock during the RP... that leaves the question- how does Ne become a warlock? Like, lets say my character was a warlock in a past life, but he was born a wizard or human? Could it be so that through a ritual, his past identity is summoned and merges with him, ultimately turning him into a warlock? It would take some time, of course, so the turning process would be slow. That's pretty much my idea. If it doesn't work I'll understand, though. XD

Well, I was thinking of making a character who became a warlock during the RP... that leaves the question- how does Ne become a warlock? Like, lets say my character was a warlock in a past life, but he was born a wizard or human? Could it be so that through a ritual, his past identity is summoned and merges with him, ultimately turning him into a warlock? It would take some time, of course, so the turning process would be slow. That's pretty much my idea. If it doesn't work I'll understand, though. XD
That is a good idea, but that unfortunately cannot work. One is born a warlock, but people only know this when they are old enough to perform magic. Maybe your character was wrongly judged to be a wizard as a child, but in actuality is a warlock? :)

That is a good idea, but that unfortunately cannot work. One is born a warlock, but people only know this when they are old enough to perform magic. Maybe your character was wrongly judged to be a wizard as a child, but in actuality is a warlock? :)

Hmmm... I might ned to figure out something else, then. What I need him to have is practically a voice in his head, although it's supposed to be more than that. Like...meh, it's hard to explain. X3 I could perhas have him infected by some sort of illness related to magic instead, which would also work. As it slowly spreads, he becomes more and more paranoid... two more questions!

Does magic, or certain types of magic have consequences and, are there any limitations to what the magic could be?

Does everyone capable of practicing magic have the ability to see ghosts/spirits/the dead, or only a few?

1) No certain types if magic have consequences, but being magical in itself makes it hard to fit in with society, as they have to be careful not to reveal their secret with the world. Not only that, but warlocks are more prejudiced against than regular witches and wizards. Magic is limitless, but normally when those who perform it are physically or mentally harmed, their magic suffers as well.

2) Only select few. This is not an ability you are born with, however, and is only granted if someone you were very close to is dead or recently died. You can cast a special spell to summon the dead, but it is highly illegal and only select officials can do this and not be persecuted. This spell is banned from most spell books so nobody can say it accidentally.

1) No certain types if magic have consequences, but being magical in itself makes it hard to fit in with society, as they have to be careful not to reveal their secret with the world. Not only that, but warlocks are more prejudiced against than regular witches and wizards. Magic is limitless, but normally when those who perform it are physically or mentally harmed, their magic suffers as well.

2) Only select few. This is not an ability you are born with, however, and is only granted if someone you were very close to is dead or recently died. You can cast a special spell to summon the dead, but it is highly illegal and only select officials can do this and not be persecuted. This spell is banned from most spell books so nobody can say it accidentally.

Perfect. XD Thank you for patiently answering all my questions! :3 I shall try to have my CS up tonight. ^^

temp-12.png
fb2c63758802421631e5cf3636a65378.jpg
The Tainted Warlock
divider2.png
Name:
Ridley Marth

What year:
4th

Type of magic user:
Warlock

Wand?:
No

Personality:

I'm... actually not entirely sure yet. <.<​

Backstory:
The candle flames flickered in the darkness of the dungeon, illuminating the old stone walls and the cloaked figures lined up against them. On the floor in the middle of the chamber a large pentagram had been drawn in a red, sticky substance- presumably blood. Standing one step before them all was a short woman, long silvery hair cascading down her shoulders. Her eyes were shrouded by the shadow casted by her hood, but the thin smile pulling the corners of her lips were well visible.

"Did you bring the child?" her aged voice sounded through the stone chamber.

There were a few movements in the crowd, and only a slight hassle before a tall man, cloaked like all the others, stepped forward, ushering a young child. His brown eyes were wide, displaying a mixture of fear and wonder, and his petite body was shaking slightly as he glanced around nervously. Long brown hair framed his pale face, the back part of it neatly tied into a ponytail. He too, was wearing a cloak, but had no hood to cover his face. Nervously, he glanced at the old lady standing before him.

"Come here, child..." she said, and despite her attempt to sound friendly, the smile on her face was frightening. Nevertheless, the boy did as he was told and headed closer to the old woman, cringing slightly as she leaned closer to him in order to inspect the very noticeable and strange marking running across his eye, down his cheek and neck and all the way to his chest. There was a slight frown creasing her forehead, and her lips were pursed in concentration. She traced her finger along the markings, the room remaining completely silent, almost as though everyone were holding their breaths as they did so.

All the while, the boy remained completely still, almost as though he had turned into a statue. His heart was pounding in his chest, yet he dared do nothing else than simply hold his breath and wait for her to finish. She smiled again, and as she did so, she murmured a few words in a language the boy could not understand. Suddenly, a burning pain started radiating through the marking, causing it to glow in a bright, cold blue. His face contorted in agony, his eyes filling with tears that slow started rolling down his cheeks.

"S-stop! S-stop!" he gasped weakly, clasping his hand over the marking. No one made any movement to stop what was going on. "Please! Please stop!" he wailed in pain, falling to his knees. He looked up at his father desperately, but the tall man would not even meet his gaze. "Please stop! It hurts! It hurts!" the child cried, starting to claw at his face. The pain was worse than anything he had ever felt before, driving him insane. He wanted it to stop. He would give anything for it to stop... yet no matter how much he scratched, no matter how much blood started spilling onto his skin, smearing onto his fingers... the pain would not stop.

"P-please..." he rasped, turning to gaze up at the old lady pleadingly. What met his gaze were a pair of eyes, glowing and red, reminiscent of two small pieces of burning coal. They were fiery, filled with heat and yet at the same time displaying no emotion whatsoever. They were frightening. As was the wide grin pulling the corners of her lips.

"I'm sorry to say this, mister..." she said, "but it seems the taint passed onto your son. You would do well in leaving him here with us...it's for the very well, wouldn't you agree?" she spoke in a soft voice as she crouched down, gently taking the child into her arms. The pain ceased as she caressed his hair, her eyes returning to a normal, dull gray. The boys vision blurred, and moments later his consciousness slipped away, plunging him into a void of complete darkness.

Eleven years later the same boy was standing in front of the academy, gazing up at the building looming above him with level, hazel eyes.

"Are you sure this is what you want?"
Grandmothers words echoed in his head, causing him to smile somewhat wryly. "Why else would I have said so in the first place?" he muttered, starting his stride towards the entrance.

Other:
Nah, don't think so...​

Last edited:
I have a question, can warlocks have like a specific type of magic that they specialize in?

@Gladis, no personality? Or backstory? X3 If you want to keep it a secret, that's fine. But at least add a little bit about how he acts around family, and you are accepted.

@Sashakiki, of course! If you look at some of the other characters, not even just warlocks, they sometimes specialize in one specific form of magic, such as death (Gail from @LMTWubstep) or plants/earth (Yacintha from @loviebeest). however, it must be a family practice, like how Gail's family specializes in death or Yacintha's family in earth or plants. Just make sure you update your CS before you start using this in the RP, ok? :D

@Gladis, no personality? Or backstory? X3 If you want to keep it a secret, that's fine. But at least add a little bit about how he acts around family, and you are accepted.

@Sashakiki, of course! If you look at some of the other characters, not even just warlocks, they sometimes specialize in one specific form of magic, such as death (Gail from @LMTWubstep) or plants/earth (Yacintha from @loviebeest). however, it must be a family practice, like how Gail's family specializes in death or Yacintha's family in earth or plants. Just make sure you update your CS before you start using this in the RP, ok? :D

I put WIP so that means I'm still working on the sheet. XD No worries. :P

Oh sorry. When you get them up, feel free to post in the RP. Fancy CS, by the way :)

Oh sorry. When you get them up, feel free to post in the RP. Fancy CS, by the way :)

Okay, done... I think. X3 Heehee, thank you. ^^

@Gladis, accepted. Love your backstory, btw. And put up the personality whenever you have time. :3

@Sashakiki, just a few questions.

1) What are the limits to your characters power? Can he create electricity out of mid-air or does he need a source to use his power?

2) If he creates it out of mid-air, does he need to recharge? And does he use a spell to create it, or another method?

Just some questions you can answer here or in your CS.

I'm still kinda trying to figure it out, but i think what its gonna be is that he can control eletcrityst by using the currents in the air. This means that like thats how he gets his power and to recharage it he has to either wait for the currents to return to the air around, go somewhere else or steal some from a generator or electiral piece nearby. He can also control a person by using their electrial systems in their body (the way a brain sends intructions to the rest of the body, he can control those). he doesnt need to use a spell but it tends to make it more powerful when he does

I don't think I will be able to anwser tonight/today I will give them a quick read if possible.

@Sashakiki, that's fine. But, approximately how long does it take for him to recharge? And does doing things with his power take up more energy, or is it all the same usage?

@loviebeest, that's fine. Thank you for letting us know you won't be available. :)

different things take him longer to recharge, small things can take like an hour for him to recharge from while big things can take longer, anywhere between a day and a couple days.

Status
Not open for further replies.