All time favorite soda flavor?

I'd just like to point out that brands for things like Root beer, colas, and such can be important. Most, if not all root beers taste different. (There's even people who devote their lives to tasting different brands of it!) and the same goes for Colas. Pepsi cola tastes different from Meijer Cola or Coca-cola. So if we allow brands to be mentioned (which has already happened) Then that should make everyone happy. Yeah?

On the other hand, it's really hard to determine what "flavor" Dr. Pepper is.

Agnostic+beverage+if+you+don+t+watch+south+park+you+might_349bf4_3216479.jpg
I was just going to point that out. Dr.Pepper isn't a flavour, neither is Mountain Dew or Cheerwine, but if you've tasted the drink, you know what flavour to associate it to. Coke has a distinguishable taste, and is very different from generic, no-brand colas. Granted, "I like the flavour of Coke" is the correct wording, rather than "I like the flavour coke".

It's really difficult not to discuss brands when our tastes usually center around a specific brand, rather than just the flavour. And it just seems bizarre to have to make an entirely different thread for 'favourite brand of soda' when 'favorite flavor of soda' already exists just to discuss that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: Hatsune Candy
I'd just like to point out that brands for things like Root beer, colas, and such can be important. Most, if not all root beers taste different. (There's even people who devote their lives to tasting different brands of it!) and the same goes for Colas. Pepsi cola tastes different from Meijer Cola or Coca-cola. So if we allow brands to be mentioned (which has already happened) Then that should make everyone happy. Yeah?
That's a good point, actually, same flavor does not mean same taste. So go right ahead, post your favorite brands too!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cola

Evidence supports otherwise. Coke is not a flavor.
"It became popular worldwide after pharmacist John Pemberton invented Coca-Cola in 1886.[1]"​

You're right. "Evidence." (Wikipedia is good for explaining stuff but poor as a source for evidence.)

The point is that if you really need "cola" added to the end of "coke" to understand what flavour of coke cola someone is talking about, you're just being obtuse for the sake of it. It's just a shortened nickname, like Rob instead of Robert or Batmobile instead of Batman's Motorvehicle. Coke is a flavour, it's short for coke cola. Like how Coke Cherry is short for Carbonated water, sugar, colour (caramel E150d), phosphoric acid, natural flavourings including caffeine.

Fun fact, I once read that Dr.Pepper is supposed to taste like cherry, cola, and marzipan. Don't know if that's actually true, though.

Fun fact, I once read that Dr.Pepper is supposed to taste like cherry, cola, and marzipan. Don't know if that's actually true, though.
Dr. Pibb (a knock off Dr. Pepper) is a "spicy cherry cola" it's pretty good. I almost like it better than Dr.Pepper XD

Reactions: Lady B
According to what I found on the internets, it has 23+ active flavors in it. It certainly isn't marketed as a cola, nor is it made with the cola leaf. Apparently, the US Fifth District Court in Dallas, Texas ruled that it isn't cola for some distributive marketing reason.

Go figure, right?

The problem with saying: "I like Cola" is that Colas can taste wildly different.

It's like saying you like...Apples.

Yes, the basic idea behind it is the same, but the fact is: Coke tastes drastically different from Dr. Pepper, which tastes radically different from Boylan's which a completely different from Pepsi. Just the same as a Red Delicious apple is disgusting and grainy, while a Spartan apple is great.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Dr. Pepper is an... interesting soda, I've never really been too sure whether I like or not.

Reactions: Fentanyl
Well. I know that Coke Cola tastes like burning sweetness. Pepsi has a sweeter taste, Root Beer loses the bite entirely, and Dr Pepper just tastes like Dr Pepper.

If soda flavours were people, Dr Pepper is the alien from outer space. Nobody knows what the heck it is.

Reactions: Hatsune Candy
Let's just say that they all taste like sweetened battery acid and call it a day.

This was supposed to be a simple thread and it turned into a debate on what constitutes a flavor. >_>

Reactions: LunaValentine
Also. Lol. Trying to drop a wikilink as hard evidence :3

This was supposed to be a simple thread and it turned into a debate on what constitutes a flavor. >_>
Aww, it's okay.

There there.

If it makes you feel any better, I like the flavor strawberry. I like it so hard.