Alias

The most "magicy" I see are ESP (extra sensory perception) powers :'D I'd really prefer not go all Harry Potter on a sci fi rp tho lol

Not at all! I'll try and get the CS up as much information as I can tomorrow so everyone can get started.
Speaking of info....
@Mariposa @StareNation @Reythaak @Mr.Scales ⚖

What're y'alls opinion on magic in this universe? Do you think I should include it as something people can learn, leave it out completely, or have it similar to super powers where some people are just gifted with it?

To be honest I think there is a vast difference between magic and super powers. 'super powers' I find is more appropriate as it isolates someone into a specialty of ability where as magic is much more likely to be fluid and growing. additionally considering paganism and wicca (just an example) are recognised in society and accepted. I feel like you have less ability to conceal a superpower. if any of my rambling made sense >.<

• Love
Reactions: TheQueensGuard
Looks cooooools...

Boo's Sci-Fi-Fu isn't strong as others but interested fo'sho!!^^!!

Someone's been stalking me :'D I see youuuuuuu Stare

Someone's been stalking me :'D I see youuuuuuu Stare
hahahaa you know it, nuh your thread header got me to be honest then i had a look at your character bio teehee

• Love
Reactions: junebug
So, I'm writing a bit, and if anyone's interested, Emilia (my character) was part of a group of twenty six interns in 2018 during the eruption of Kilauea, Hawaii. There was an international program or just "regular"(?) internship for this kind of sciencey expedition. The team found a strange substance within Kilauea and that is what triggered their powers.

Most died during the eruption, but 3-5 people managed to make it out safely, unaware (at the time) of the substance (which ended up being a sort of bacteria) getting in their bloodstream and mutating them. This probably hit global news, and as such, government found the remaining survivors and now they are basically guinea pigs for the government under an organization called Arcadia, which fights against other mutants for the right to live a peaceful life. They are experimented on, sent out to do dirty work, etc.

Other people outside refer to Arcadia as "Eden" because there is a preconceived notion that Arcadia is not terrible, that they are treated well, they willingly submit to tests and experiments in order to achieve a better world, etc. Basically just this idealized organization the government is covering up, but that is far from the truth.

EDIT: We have two in Arcadia. :)))))

Last edited:
  • Love
Emilia (my character) was part of a group of twenty six interns in 2018 during the eruption of Kilauea, Hawaii. There was an international program or just "regular"(?) internship for this kind of sciencey expedition. The team found a strange substance within Kilauea and that is what triggered their powers.

Ohhh interesting backstory, I like it. Are you only going to be playing Emilia, or are you going to have another character? (This is a good time to let everyone know you can have up to two-three characters, as long as you handle them equally)

And just to clarify, the US government wouldn't sponsor something like Arcadia, but it would be fine for them to just turn a blind eye to this if they were paid well. Any superhumans they thought would be useful to them would be placed in the Alias Program (more on that when the OOC is done;) ) The government might actually also pay Arcadia for any Superhumans that they deem useful.

OH and @Kat @StareNation Thank you both for the input on Magic, I think I'll leave magic out of this!

I was talkin' with Kat a little bit; I'm gonna shove another character from the Kilauea group in I think.

Ohhh interesting backstory, I like it. Are you only going to be playing Emilia, or are you going to have another character? (This is a good time to let everyone know you can have up to two-three characters, as long as you handle them equally)

And just to clarify, the US government wouldn't sponsor something like Arcadia, but it would be fine for them to just turn a blind eye to this if they were paid well. Any superhumans they thought would be useful to them would be placed in the Alias Program (more on that when the OOC is done;) ) The government might actually also pay Arcadia for any Superhumans that they deem useful.

OH and @Kat @StareNation Thank you both for the input on Magic, I think I'll leave magic out of this!

Only Emilia :) I find it difficult to play more than one character.

I figured the government could've created Arcadia as a sort of side project because they are against mutants, but if they wouldn't sponsor it (which I find ironic LOL because Arcadia is basically tasked with taking down mutants and that's what the government is trying to do, from what the intro told me), I may have to consider going a different route with my character lol. I think Emilia would be extremely useful and Rey's character too tho tbh, but I like the idea of Arcadia. x'D

I suppose Arcadia could be more corporation-y with no government involvement. BUt then they'd have beef with the government if the government tried to get in their way and take their peeps.

• Love
@Kat Give me a moment, trying to work on a coding error, but I got an idea for how Arcadia can work. I'll DM you in a bit

• Bucket of Rainbows
@Kat Give me a moment, trying to work on a coding error, but I got an idea for how Arcadia can work. I'll DM you in a bit

Okei owo You da boss! Gimme all your ideas~

@Kat
@Mariposa
@StareNation
@Reythaak
@Mr.Scales ⚖
@Boo Girlie BoomBoom
@ Anyone else who wants to join!

Alright everyone, you're the six who have shown interest so far, but the sign ups aren't closed yet, so if you have any friends that might like this, feel free to invite them! Two notes before you get started on reading up on the lore and starting on your characters:

1.) I changed some of the background information. Ground Zero's attack on LA was alot more deadly than I originally wrote, the death toll was increased alot more, and an entire part of the city was destroyed rather than a block. He also wasn't shot from a SWAT member, and instead collapsed from over using his power.
Another lore change relates to when the setting of the story takes place. Instead of fifteen years after ground zero, I pushed it up to thirty years. (Instead of being in 2020, it'll be in 2030). When I was working on lore and such, I found it hard to believe so many advancements couldn't be achieved in only fifteen years. To be honest, twenty five years is still pushing close to. This shouldn't change to much either. just letting everyone known.

2.) Though the OOC will be open, it isn't finalized. I'll be adding and editing things for the next few days, so if you want to add an organization/group OR an event that you want to take place within those twenty five years let me know.
The character sheet will be going through some editing as well, but it'll still contain the information that's in it now.

Finally, we can move all chatter involving this RP and character to the OOC.
Make sure to read the rules and just get a run down of any of the current groups I have listed, if you want to use any in your backstory or making a character, feel free to do so! I'll be putting in the Character Roster below the Character Sheet when we start getting characters, as well as a Non-Player Roster to describe some well known or infamous NPC's

I look forward to writing with all of you, the links are below:)

OOC
Character Roster

• Love
Reactions: Tyche
If you're still open I am totally interested in this :)

• Love
If you're still open I am totally interested in this :)

Definitely! :D Let Queens and I know if you have any questions!
The IC has only just begun. Any Arcadia-related questions can be brought to me. We have quite a few with affiliation to Arcadia though, so diversity in affiliations would be nice, but it's not mandatory. :)

Here's the ooc: OPEN SIGNUPS - Alias (OOC)

I was thinking of making a super that has no current affiliations and has kinda just kept to herself for the most part. I was debating on having her possibly be a member that may have been trained in the Alias program (since she'd be registered) and after her service she just kinda went about living life normally, perhaps kinda low-key running a bar or something like that.

I was thinking of making a super that has no current affiliations and has kinda just kept to herself for the most part. I was debating on having her possibly be a member that may have been trained in the Alias program (since she'd be registered) and after her service she just kinda went about living life normally, perhaps kinda low-key running a bar or something like that.

Sounds cool! Run it by Queens to make sure the concept is all good, she's the lovely GM~ :3

Is this still accepting?