Alias

T

TheQueensGuard

Original poster
1132db17876ce1cd29df54f743b7f33d.jpg

Alias
A false name used to conceal one's identity; an assumed name
Genre: Superhero Low Sci-Fi
Expect Action/Adventure, Crime, Drama, Elements of Horror, Romance, and more.
Time Period: The Near Future (Around 2030)
Technology is slightly more advanced than that of the real world. Simple cybernetics, such as robotic hands, are available to the wealthy. More advanced cybernetics, such as cybernetic eyes, are used by governments and very wealthy people. Most robots are simple and non-humanoids.

Background:
The first superhuman revealed itself in 2005, exposing the world to the disastrous potential of human evolution.
A crazed man, nicknamed "Ground Zero", was causing a disturbance in downtown Los Angeles. People thought he was a drug addict or a homeless man that needed a mental examination.
As he ranted about the corrupt government, and the powers the Old Gods had gifted him to deal with the corrupted politicians and their mindless followers, police officers approached the man who had gathered a small crowd. After struggling for a moment, the man released his true powers.
When the ground started to shake in the small plaza he preached in, everyone's first thought was of an earthquake hitting the city. It was when the chunks of concrete, the size of rocks and boulders, started to break away from the ground and levitate around the man, that people knew this wasn't natural.
The rubble slowly started to rotate around the man, separating him from the police officers, slowly rotating more and more into a gravel tornado. The officers drew their guns, and fragments of rock flew from the tornado. A larger piece knocked the first officer in his head, killing him. The second officer was hit in the leg by a similar sized piece of rubble, and his knee snapped at an odd angle.
~~~~
The rocky tornado kept growing for nearly twenty minutes, before one of the SWAT team members called in managed to get a shot on the man in the center of the tornado. After the last of the debris had fallen, this first superpowered event resulted in over thirty four deaths. sixteen police officers, seventeen civilians, and the superpowered man himself.
From this day forward governments around the world took steps to prepare and defend against future superhuman threats. Organizations were made, both public and in secret, by world governments and private corporations to capture, combat, recruit, and study superhuman individuals.
Post Length: 2-3 Paragraph Minimum
While proper grammar and spelling are recommended, it isn't required.
This is going to have a mature theme, so expect violence, cussing, drug use, etc.
However no sexual scenes are allowed, leave them fade to black please

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: neptune
Tentative interest. Is this dystopic or cyberpunkish? Or is it more or less, simply sci fi with advanced technology? If two to three paragraphs are the minimum, are we looking at a general posting of longer posts? How often are you expecting people to post? Are you flexible with posting? I'm also curious if you have a certain structure to the storyline or if this is more sandboxy?

Reactions: TheQueensGuard
Tentative interest. Is this dystopic or cyberpunkish? Or is it more or less, simply sci fi with advanced technology? If two to three paragraphs are the minimum, are we looking at a general posting of longer posts? How often are you expecting people to post? Are you flexible with posting? I'm also curious if you have a certain structure to the storyline or if this is more sandboxy?
Great Questions! Lemme get you some answers:

• Dystopic or Cyberpunk:
    Definitely more on the Cyberpunk side of things, but not as Cyber as Bladerunner or Matrix. Think modern society with more advancements with robotics and technology. Everyday life isn't too much different, but the military and private corporations will have significantly more advanced technology in terms of weaponry/gear and medicine. I can go into more detail when this generates some more interest!
  • Post Length, Limit, and Expectancy:
    I will be flexible and somewhat lenient with the posting rules. As long as someone gets a good post out with some effort behind it, I won't mind too much on the length of the post as long as its atleast a paragraph. I don't want to say the longer the better, because I rather have quality, detailed posts rather than lengthy, half ass posts.
    As for limit, I wouldn't want anyone posting a novel each time they get a post up, or leave any of the other roleplayers behind.
    I want to get a good schedule going for days to post, and I'd probably expect everyone to post atleast once a week, MAYBE once every two weeks.
  • Sandbox or Story:
    A mix of both to be honest, I have an idea of what will be going on in the roleplay, but it'll be up to us (the roleplayers) to make decisions, take sides and shape the story.
If you, or anyone, has any more questions let me know and I'll do my best to answer them

• Love
Reactions: junebug
Great Questions! Lemme get you some answers:

• Dystopic or Cyberpunk:
    Definitely more on the Cyberpunk side of things, but not as Cyber as Bladerunner or Matrix. Think modern society with more advancements with robotics and technology. Everyday life isn't too much different, but the military and private corporations will have significantly more advanced technology in terms of weaponry/gear and medicine. I can go into more detail when this generates some more interest!
  • Post Length, Limit, and Expectancy:
    I will be flexible and somewhat lenient with the posting rules. As long as someone gets a good post out with some effort behind it, I won't mind too much on the length of the post as long as its atleast a paragraph. I don't want to say the longer the better, because I rather have quality, detailed posts rather than lengthy, half ass posts.
    As for limit, I wouldn't want anyone posting a novel each time they get a post up, or leave any of the other roleplayers behind.
    I want to get a good schedule going for days to post, and I'd probably expect everyone to post atleast once a week, MAYBE once every two weeks.
  • Sandbox or Story:
    A mix of both to be honest, I have an idea of what will be going on in the roleplay, but it'll be up to us (the roleplayers) to make decisions, take sides and shape the story.
If you, or anyone, has any more questions let me know and I'll do my best to answer them

Thank you for the in depth responses! It helps me out a whole lot. Are we using real life face claims and will the character sheet just be a basic one (i.e. name, age, gender, appearance, presonality, and biography sort of thing)?

Thank you for the in depth responses! It helps me out a whole lot. Are we using real life face claims and will the character sheet just be a basic one (i.e. name, age, gender, appearance, presonality, and biography sort of thing)?
Not a problem! As for face claims, I'd be alright with real life, realistic drawings/art, etc. Just no anime or cartoon pictures.
I still gotta hash out the CS details, but it will have two-three sections.
1. The basics (name, age, etc.)
2. A part for any powers/abilties, how they were obtained (I.E Birth, science, cybernetics, etc.) and any details pertaining to those.
3. (Maybe) A section dedicated to any corporations/groups you may be apart of. (This would be optional regardless, as I'm not going to force anyone into a group.)

• Love
Not a problem! As for face claims, I'd be alright with real life, realistic drawings/art, etc. Just no anime or cartoon pictures.
I still gotta hash out the CS details, but it will have two-three sections.
1. The basics (name, age, etc.)
2. A part for any powers/abilties, how they were obtained (I.E Birth, science, cybernetics, etc.) and any details pertaining to those.
3. (Maybe) A section dedicated to any corporations/groups you may be apart of. (This would be optional regardless, as I'm not going to force anyone into a group.)

Alright! Count me in then! I hope we get some interest. :)))))

@Tyche @_Dulce_ @Dust Bunnies @StareNation Does this sound like something you guys would be interested in? :)

• Love
Interested.

You said the government took steps to defend themselves from superhuman threats. I'm wondering if 15 years later superhumans are hiding their powers or can they be public about their abilities?

• Useful
That is a very good question o.o Must know answer lol

I am interested, my writing allowance time at current however is minimal due to work and assessments. I am able to jump in at a later date if that is allowed, how available i am at the start will depend on how quick you get this off the ground to how quick i can smash out my two assessments. Definitly interested though, I've been watching far too much Dark angel recently :p

Interested.

You said the government took steps to defend themselves from superhuman threats. I'm wondering if 15 years later superhumans are hiding their powers or can they be public about their abilities?
@Kat
I'll be going into more detail in the OOC, which I'll be working on tomorrow, but the basically powers manifest differently for everyone, but the majority do it at a young age. Citizens are supposed to register their children, but sometimes they won't, or they won't even know their child had a power. If you're registered, you often have to work for the government so they can keep tabs on you. Mundane powers that aren't dangerous are allowed to live their own lives, but are still registered.
If you don't want to work for the government, are a criminal, etc., you are going to have to hide them, otherwise you can be labeled as a criminal and wanted by the government.

Its a tad bit late, so I hope that makes sense! xD

@StareNation
Totally understandable!
Like I said in an earlier post, as long as you can get one post up every week you'll be good. If you can't do that ATM, I'd gladly hold a place for you until your schedule clears up. I'm hoping to get the majority of the OOC finished this week/weekend and have Sign Ups open by Sunday evening.
Next week I'll be working on my characters, as well as reading through anyone and everyone who applies. In my free time when I can focus, I'll be working on an IC as well.
I am hoping to generate alittle more interests incase people come and go!

• Thank You
Reactions: StareNation
Totally makes sense! May have dragged another possible friend on board 8D

I have a potential subplot idea ready and at my call~ Involves Hawaii and volcanoes LOL

• Love
Very interested!

HOHO!!!! Five people interested YUS!!!

Is it bad that I already have a face claim ready and at will?

Is it bad that I already have a face claim ready and at will?
Not at all! I'll try and get the CS up as much information as I can tomorrow so everyone can get started.
Speaking of info....
@Mariposa @StareNation @Reythaak @Mr.Scales ⚖

What're y'alls opinion on magic in this universe? Do you think I should include it as something people can learn, leave it out completely, or have it similar to super powers where some people are just gifted with it?

Reactions: Mr.Scales ⚖
Not at all! I'll try and get the CS up as much information as I can tomorrow so everyone can get started.
Speaking of info....
@Mariposa @StareNation @Reythaak @Mr.Scales ⚖

What're y'alls opinion on magic in this universe? Do you think I should include it as something people can learn, leave it out completely, or have it similar to super powers where some people are just gifted with it?

My brain tends to have two completely different definitions of what "magic" is and what "superpowers" are, and in that light, I think we should just stick to superpowers and stay away from "magic" because I feel superpowers strongly resonates more with the storyline pitch and what you've got going so far. When I think of magic, I think of mystical and paranormal creepy stuff, but this rp has more of a sciencey destructive kind of feel, so superpowers would be my go to.

• Love
If you include it, I would say another branch of super powers basically.